[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>“This. This is the reason I work so much. This is why I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: waitress.png (486 KB, 800x417) Image search: [Google]
waitress.png
486 KB, 800x417
>“This. This is the reason I work so much. This is why I cry in the shower. I STRUGGLE to put clothes on my daughter’s back and food in our bellies because of THIS. You, are the lowest of the low. Whenever you feel like it’s probably fine to not tip your server, that’s one more bill stacking up because they’re short on money. This is food for the week that our families will go without because you didn’t think it was necessary, even after asking for everything under the sun and receiving it free of charge, mind you. This is one less basic necessity my daughter needs because even TWO more dollars is too much for you. Every decision has a consequence. Servers are paid a base pay of $2-5/hr depending on the employer, so next time you don’t want to tip, regardless of the situation prior to receiving your bill, think about how much you would have to work that week off $2-5/hr to feed your family, not just you. Could you pay your bills based on that pay alone? Could you feed your family AND yourself? Because that’s what happens when you choose to not tip. Please, please tip your servers. Even if it was the worst service you’ve ever received. A 10% tip is a big enough slap in the face, this completely tore me apart. Don’t even bother walking into a restaurant if you can’t afford to tip. There’s a McDonald’s down the street if you’re that cheap.”
>>
>>69844983
>Please, please tip your servers. Even if it was the worst service you’ve ever received

yeah come on its le 2016
>>
Must've been black customers
>>
Clappitty clap. Who the fuck cares. When I get this cash janitor job I applied for I'll so suggest we ban you
>>
>tipping

Lol servers get paid 15 $ in California. I understand tipping in the South because of their server laws. But here in California fuck you. You serve me because it's the job you chose. I don't give a fuck who you or your situation is. It's your job bitch.

This is some huge bait.
>>
Honestly ever since my shitty state went 15/he minimum wage I just stopped tipping.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 600x402) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 600x402
>>69844983
>Gets pregnant before age 30
>Doesn't go to college or a trade school
>Destroys her own life by keeping the child instead of putting it up for adoption or aborting it
>Gets mad she has a shitty job with shit pay that can't support her and her dependent
>This is somehow the fault of her customer

I sure do love America where entitlement is he battle cry of all women, minority, and youth.
>>
>>69845526
Thailand? So how're those underage hookers doing? I can't really think of anything else your country is known for, sorry. Well, maybe martial arts. Anyway, 15 an hour for all employed persons in your country?
>>
>>69844983
i serve food
i dont expect to be tipped, and i pride myself in doing good work no matter what i do

i wish the concept of tip would be ereased too
>>
>>69844983
Yeah it's our fault your boss won't pay you a fair wage.
>>
>>69844983
Good service I give 20-25
Meh service I give 10-15
Shit service I give nothing
>>
Get a better job you stupid slut. It's not my responsibility to support you.
>>
File: IJDU.gif (123 KB, 500x387) Image search: [Google]
IJDU.gif
123 KB, 500x387
>>69844983
>write zero in tip column
>put down a $20 bill in cash so waitress doesn't lose any to taxes
>waitress complains on social media for attention anyway
>current year of gullibility
>>
I deliberately tip zero if I'm being at a restaurant and being served by anyone other than a high school or college student.

If you're relying on a job as a waitress for a household income, not only are you taking a job away from some upwardly mobile young person, but you've also made shitty choices in life and should be punished.
>>
>>69844983
This didn't happen
She is just hopping for dat sweet gofundme money
>>
Why is she asking me to tip my fedora?

M'lady
>>
>>69845429

No they get paid $9. 15 is in San Francisco.
>>
>>69844983
Go to school. Get a better job. Junior college is more or less free. Quit looking for pity based on your choices. Can't stand people like this.
>>
>>69845573
>Gets pregnant before age 30
It's actually the only sane option if a woman wants child. 30 year old or more can gave birth to tards and autists
>>
>>69844983
>you didn’t think it was necessary {to tip}, even after asking for everything under the sun and receiving it free of charge, mind you.
what the fuck kind of logic even is this? you are a server who got paid to do a job. anything else that is given to you is a TIP. but your hard work shouldn't be dependent on the kindness of strangers and if it is then you should seek another line of work if that bothers you.
>>
NOT SHOWN: an automatic 25% tip for a group table
>>
File: 1451591890440.png (244 KB, 295x353) Image search: [Google]
1451591890440.png
244 KB, 295x353
>>69844983
if you're trying to start a family on a waitress wage, your genes shouldn't be reproducing anyway. Find a job that doesn't depend on the transformation of a voluntary kindness into a financial obligation you useless fuck. That or whine about how your boss throws you and your ilk to the wolves; it isn't the people enjoying the establishment at the listed price.
>>
>>69844983
>Don’t even bother walking into a restaurant if you can’t afford to tip

Good Idea. I'm happy to ensure your establishment loses customers and either cuts you or your hours.
>>
she can afford makeup but can't afford food for her kid?
>>
>employers deliberately pay their employees to little to survive because they know they get tips

Why pay your employees when your customers will cover it?

So long as people tip, employers will continue getting away with paying them nothing. The funniest part is that the employees themselves reinforce this by threatening physical harm or doing disgusting shit like spitting in food if people do not tip. Literally like children throwing a tantrum because they dont get gibsmedats.
>>
>>69845911
I do this all the time. If I tip $2 i write 0 on the Paper so that's more money for them.
I only tip if it's a restaurant I go to all the time. Otherwise, fuck them.
>>
>>69844983
I refuse to tip so I always cook for myself. fuck low wage parasites, get a real job that doesn't require a pity tax.

find that anything prepared myself tastes better anyway
>>
>>69846110

This, women should take 5-8 years after high school, have white babies, and then resume working when they start school.

I'd suggest homeschooling, but I actually trust the state to educate my children more than I trust any individual woman, because women are stupid as fuck, but government education systems at least still have some men.
>>
>>69844983
We don't tip and pay servers a fair wage because we aren't a shitty country
>>
>>69844983
>its your fault that I cant get a better job and instant have to rely on the kindness of strangers.
1. Humans are dicks.
2. Theyr not likely to tip if they knew you insult everyone that does for one that doesnt
>>
>>69845643
Don't mind the flag I am on vacation.
>>
>>69844983
>Servers are paid a base pay of $2-5/hr
If they make up the difference between that and the federal(or state) minimum with tips, if they don't the employer has to make up the difference. Why do they always lie?
>>
>red seal chef
>worked 10+ years in the Food and Beverage industry
>believe tipping is a form of panhandling.
>HATE hearing servers complain about customers. These people are LITERLY paying your bills.
>'omg that table didn't tip! What scumb bags! I'm entitled to a stranger's money because it's status quo'
>kek
I never tip. If you don't like the game get a different job.
>>
Maybe she should look for a better job.
>>
>i'm not content with what my boss pays me!
>fuck you customers for not giving me handouts!

i never understood this
>>
>>69844983
>single mom
>waitress job
don't blame everyone else for your poor life choices.
>>
File: tmp_4178-1457917217687937305751.png (233 KB, 453x701) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4178-1457917217687937305751.png
233 KB, 453x701
>>69844983
Why do people think they are entitled to a tip? A tip is a reward for exceptional service not a requirement. Now if you don't tip a great waiter you're a douche bag but if a waiter just does the bare minimum they have no right to expect a tip and I won't give them one
>>
>>69844983
On bill that large gratuity should kick in. Don't know what she's bitching about
>>
I love the US, but 3 things have always baffled me: 1. No universal health care insurance 2. The prices of college and the massive student loans 3. Waitresses some how 'live on tips'
>>
>>69844983
In fairness, assuming that there wasn't gratuity added already, not leaving a tip on a $187 check is pretty shitty in America. Everyone here knows the score; they don't make any money, and can survive on tips. Gotta at least double the tax and do that.

My dad bartends on the side. If he didn't make tips, he may have lost his house by now. It's supplemental income for him, but it's also necessary.

Just, you know. Tip, if you're in America. Love it or hate it, do it anyway.

But publicly tip-shaming? That's fucking ridiculous and this bitch should be fired immediately.
>>
>>69846937
You dont understand why women want something for nothing?
>>
>>69845429

That's not remotely true.
>>
File: 1373626364543.gif (480 KB, 493x342) Image search: [Google]
1373626364543.gif
480 KB, 493x342
>>69844983
>chosing a source of income that requires you to rely almost solely on the kindness of others
>immediately bite the hand that feeds you when you are unsatisfied with the generosity of others
your daily reminder not to marry in THE CURRENT YEAR
>>
>>69844983
You shouldn't be fucking rising a child on a fucking serving job.
Serving jobs are teenagers looking to make money while going to school.
Fuck off and get a real job.
>>
if you get really shitty service leave like a quarter so they know you didn't forget
>>
File: 1350058690214.png (79 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1350058690214.png
79 KB, 250x238
She's right.

Tipping is part of american culture and tradition. You are expected to tip, just like you are expected to be respecful to your elders, or don't start blasting music in a church.
If you are poor, or a contrarian edgy kid who won't tip for the sake of being different you seriously shouldn't go out.
Have you people ever gone on a date ?
Jesus fuck, grow up retards.
>>
>>69844983
oh no they got a cash tip they can hide from the IRS instead of a credit card tip which is reported.
>>
File: HilariousAndOriginal.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
HilariousAndOriginal.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>69844983

>Tipping.

Nice meme.
>>
>>69846520

Government education systems are far worse than having a woman educate your child.

Government education is dominated by women. So instead of getting a woman educator, you get a woman educator with a woman-ran bureaucracy behind it whose primary care is keeping their woman friends employed.
>>
>>69844983
Emotional blackmail 101.
>>
>>69844983
Single mom genocide when?
>>
Servers should be students not grown women trying to feed their bastard children. Try harder, it's not my problem.
>>
>>69847384
sorry I dont adhere to the white male patriarchy if I want to slutwalk in front of a church and disrespect white male elderlies YOU are not entitled to stop me.

Wait you only tip 5%? what kind of fucking antisocial are you?
>>
File: 1453671718916.jpg (37 KB, 478x721) Image search: [Google]
1453671718916.jpg
37 KB, 478x721
>>69845911
>>69846436
To be honest, I always have written "----CASH----" On the tip line of the receipt if I pay with a card and use cash to tip. If its good service I don't have a problem giving 20%, and I give cash to help them so they don't have to wait. Am I unintentionally screwing them by writing cash? Anons who have worked in the service industry -- tell me the score please.
>>
>>69847249
She's lying the owner is required to make up the difference if they make less than minimum wage
>>
>>69844983
> $18 dollars is a slap in the face
ok then
>>
File: 1449379534598.png (155 KB, 450x293) Image search: [Google]
1449379534598.png
155 KB, 450x293
HOLD IT, you dummies.

This wouldn't be happening, if we MAKE AMERICA, GREAT. AGAIN.
>>
File: fucknose.jpg (98 KB, 991x377) Image search: [Google]
fucknose.jpg
98 KB, 991x377
Employers are required to make up the difference if tips do not reach minimum wage. Food service people are trash, move on.
>>
>>69847243

Well the numbers might be wrong, but he's right that servers in California (and some other states too, they're not the only one) getting the full minimum wage, and then anything they get in tips is just gravy on top of that.

I mean California is expensive as fuck they probably need the tips to make a decent living. But don't let any server in California try to give you some sob story about them being paid less than minimum wage, because it's horseshit.
>>
>>69847540
>>69847629
>thinking she knows this
>thinking shes smart enough to think ahead in case she has to prove her income so her employer has to make up the difference
>>
>>69847521
Cash is better because they don't report it to the IRS so it's tax free.
>>
>>69847384
Just charge more on the bill. The waiters are there to serve me not the other way around.

They won't though because they make more by being manipulative cunts. Don't tip and then see who acts like an edgy kid.
>>
When I go to a restaurant I'm not just paying for food, I'm paying for the atmosphere. I can cook my own food for a lot less and it usually tastes better too. If the waitress is hot and friendly? Yeah I will give a good tip, especially if her tits are hanging out. But if she's ugly, rude, and the food takes forever? I'm not tipping shit. That's the point of a tip, it's earned not expected.
>>
File: single moms.jpg (415 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
single moms.jpg
415 KB, 1200x1200
Also,
relevant_to_this_thread.jpg
>>
>>69847629

This too. Although you probably won't be employed for long if you're such a shitty server that the employer is constantly having to make up for tips out of their own pocket.

Then again, how often do you hear about this happening? Almost never. So despite all their whining about tippers, most servers must pretty easily make above min wage and do well enough for themselves.
>>
I don't understand why a tip is a percentage of the bill. A $10 meal versus a $20 meal will have the same amount of work for the waitress.
>>
>>69846110
Obviously you are a good example of the latter.
>>
>>69844983
get a better job, you knew what the wages were when you signed up.
Tips should be unexpected, be thankful I don't rule your country because I would make tipping illegal as it puts pressure on customers.
They choose their food knowing what they are spending and shouldn't have to factor in a tip.
>>
>>69847942
car salesmen make minimum wage if their commissions dont top up to minimum but I dont hear them asking for tips
>>
>>69847923

Jesus christ

That's some concentrated redpill right there
>>
>>69844983
I don't feel sorry for her. She should have waited to have a kid after she went through schooling and had a sustainable job. She has no one but herself to blame
>>
Tipping should be done away with.
It isn't my fucking job to pay your employees.
This is why I never eat in anywhere, I just order it for take out and set the table in my home.
>>
>>69847923
>43% single parent household
So 57% come from a traditional family?
>>
File: are you kidding me.png (80 KB, 1147x1233) Image search: [Google]
are you kidding me.png
80 KB, 1147x1233
>>69847923
If you remove dindus from those numbers, how much would it plummet?
>>
>>69848244
if you removed blacks from those statistics single motherhood would be an even more potent predictor of criminal behaviour, not less.
>>
>>69848137
(Flag), but consider what proportion single parent households make up of the general population.
>>69848244
Fuck knows, probably a lot.
>>69848091
Save it, my friend. It's all yours.
>>
>>69844983
Goddamit you can make alot of money in the US as a waitress if the standard tip is minimum 10%
>>
>>69848330
And ur basing that on?
>>
Even if they're only getting a few bucks per hour as their base pay, good restaurants take in a fucking ton of money every night. The day's earnings should be pretty decent even with a few stiffers.
>>
>>69848455
I'm not autistic enough to keep the infographic on my hard drive but im sure someone will post it.
>>
File: OP_as_usual.jpg (125 KB, 745x361) Image search: [Google]
OP_as_usual.jpg
125 KB, 745x361
>>69844983
>>
File: 1442565640887.png (117 KB, 1531x841) Image search: [Google]
1442565640887.png
117 KB, 1531x841
>>69848330
i doubt there is a set of data on earth that would lower in relation to criminal behavior if blacks are removed. suicides might go down, thats it.
>>
>>69848526
I dont think you understand what proportional statistics are
>>
>>69846716
>Shitposting while on vacation
>>
>>69847521
It's no different than paying cash for the whole bill. It would only "screw" them if you wrote in the amount, and their employer tracks their cash tips, either for tax purposes or to split with kitchen staff (which is what happens with credit cards, at least for taxes). Since most restaurants don't bother with that servers prefer always prefer cash.
>>
I have reached a point in my life where my apathy has completely engulfed me. I no longer give a single fuck about anything or anyone. The only reason I still post here is because I literally have nothing better to do.
>>
>>69845076
Thats a charge slip. When I was waiting tables a lot of times people would pay the bill with a card and then leave the tip in cash. The reason for this is that if the tip is left on the card, then 100% of the tip has to be claimed as untaxed income. If the tip is left in cash, the server has to report a tip of at least 10% of the sale price as a tip for tax purposes. This means with cash tips, you can actually under-report your tipped income, which is a big advantage for the server come tax time.

It would not surprise me one bit if the tip was left in cash. Generally, people who have $187 to spend on a meal out have the extra $28.05 necessary for a 15% tip. Granted, the service could have been shit but then why would she deserve a tip anyway?
>>
>>69844983
>complains about not being able to afford food for her shitspawn
>calls other people cheap

lmao
>>
>>69844983
In Spain (and I assume other countries) there are places where they specifically tell you that tips are not accepted. Service is included in the price.
In places that don't forbid it, it is typical to round up the bill, i.e., the bill is 46.70 you may give 50 and ask for no returns.
As a rule, a tip should be given for outstanding service, not be an obligation to someone with questionable life choices.
>>
File: Pictures.jpg (32 KB, 500x356) Image search: [Google]
Pictures.jpg
32 KB, 500x356
>>69844983
>>
Find a new job?
>>
>>69847521
sorry, i didnt see your post, but check mine cause i think it will answer some of your questions....
>>69848759
you are being 100% super bro tier by charging your meal and leaving a cash tip
>>
>>69844983
tipcucks are the worst
>>
>>69845972

Cuz, you are my gentleman, white boy.
>>
>>69848813

That's what's dumb about tips for expensive restaurants, because the common wisdom has always been about "if the tip were included in the price, business would suffer". Yeah, maybe at Applebees. With fine restaurants, who's going to notice the difference between a 70 and 80 dollar entree.
>>
>>69848605
then explain it to me. how will removing a set of data, even if its smaller than the portion not being removed, increase the rate of "thing x" happening if the small portion of data being remover has a disproportionately large amount of "thing x" happening within it?
>>
>>69847540
they always have copout responses to this, ultimately they're too big of pussies to assert themselves to their managers
>>
>I had a child that means you need to be more generous

Smother yourself
>>
>>69844983
>Free of charge
>$187.43
>>
>>69848981

The cop-out response being that they're fired if they don't at least make the minimum wage?
>>
>>69845358
lel cuck-
>>
>>69847923
Makes me kinda feel bad for a single mother kids i know. Only about two years old but his dad died in combat last year. Honestly I agree that most single mothers chose their position they are in by fucking niggers and being braindead whores. But Its situations like this that make me conflicted man.
>>
>>69848960
I really need to tell you what numerators and denominators are? fuck off retard
>>
>>69849086
That is a common response.

To that, I say they deserve to be fired anyway.

There's no way a competent server can make less than minimum wage unless the restaurant is dead and they aren't actually waiting tables.
>>
>>69849316
>im talking out of my ass and have no evidence to back up my claims.
niggers commit a disproportionate amount of crime. niggers without a father, doubly so. niggers do, in fact, drive up the crime rates of children raised by single mothers. get over it.
>>
>>69844983
>Receives minimum wage
>Then asks for seconds
>Horrible service
Hmm. My roomate works at Outback and he gets minimum wage and tips. He made $600 working 3 nights. It came out to be like $24 an hr. That's less than I make as a private consultant.
>>
>>69849316
Is this really so hard to understand?

Blacks make up a disproportionally large percentage of many of the things in that image.

If you remove them, those numbers are certainly going to go down, not up.

Even if being raised by a single mother is more potent of a prediction of propensity to commit crime than being black, being black is more potent than any other class contained under the umbrella of single-mother-household.
>>
>>69846077
you can get paid literally under minimum wage in the south. my sis was getting like 4$ an hour at a pizza place.

somthing about tips letting them pay you under minimum here
>>
>>69850013

In all fairness it's not like they make that kind of money every shift, averaged out over a week or two it's going to be less. But yeah they definitely don't struggle as much as they'd like you to think either. Especially considering most of them are tax evaders who don't even report/pay taxes on their cash tips.

Servers are some of the biggest whiners in the world.
>>
File: 502.jpg (36 KB, 600x614) Image search: [Google]
502.jpg
36 KB, 600x614
Instead of guilt-tripping for tips why don't they just charge more for the food?
>>
>>69849246
Widows are the sole exception when it comes to raising another man's child.
>>
>>69847221
Parasite detected
>>
>>69850505
I was considering it but I don't wanna seem like a cuck that has to go after already rekt pussy to get any. But god damn is she a milf.
>>
>>69850344
That makes sense, but at the same time why should I pay "you" (waiter/waitress) more because YOU took a shitty low paying job with the risk of not being tipped? In other countries tipping really isn't a thing. In Europe they round up the check so they may add like a few Euros depending on the amount. The US is really one of the only places where tipping is commonplace and accepted.
>>
>>69844983
Actually taking a $5 an hour job. Is that even possible in america?
>>
>>69850495
because waitstaff don't set the prices. owners are quite happy to keep the prices 'competitive' and push the responsibility of subsidizing waitstaff on patrons.

if this were to change, it would need a systemic and fundamental one.
>>
>>69848959
The only reasons I can imagine that they aren't already including it on the bill is because they make more than 10-15% in tips already or individual servers don't want the power to distribute tips to go to the boss.

Including it on the bill would be beneficial for 2 reasons. First it cashes in on the laziness of the customer, it's going to be more effort to dispute the service charge on the bill than it would to simply write 0 on the paper they hand you. Secondly, some people are going to tip extra anyway, either because they're generous, stupid or got tricked into thinking that they still need to tip.
>>
File: 1119990000.jpg (25 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1119990000.jpg
25 KB, 250x251
>>69844983
>Please, please tip your servers. Even if it was the worst service you’ve ever received.
>give me money for not doing my job
>>
>>69846901

I've been a cook for 5 years, this is the reason I don't tip waitresses. If I'm in the States I do feel compelled to leave something, especially if service is good, but only the most awesomest servers in Canada get tipped. They make SIGNIFICANTLY more money than cooks do and (they will even admit to this) work about 20% as hard as cooks and dishwashers do. Their main assets are usually: being able to deal with asshole customers without flipping a plate and having a pretty face.
>>
>>69844983
fuck servers by law if they don't make minimum wage in a wage with combined employer wage and tips the employer has to make up the difference. Most of these scumbags also don't report more anymore than 20% of their tips so they don't fucking pay taxes on the entire tip income and thus scam more social welfare benefits like food stamps and earned income credit.
>>
>>69851157
>being this much of a fucking sheltered retard

This is why America is fucked. Everyone is clueless and lazy. There's no drive or ambition any more.
>>
Maybe you should be mad at your employer for paying you a slave wage.
>>
File: 1409296389968.jpg (1 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
1409296389968.jpg
1 MB, 1936x2592
>>69844983
>Has a kid at a young age
>Working at a restaurant as your main source of income
>getting a tip makes or breaks your budget
>no mention of a father

Typical modern day bullish. Too many women want to be both the parents with their "I can do anything/who needs a man" attitude. I feel zero sympathy, they put themselves there, she could have went the traditional route and shared the burden but all these women just want sperm banks and handouts. So fuck em.
>>
>>69851841
>implying this is a realistic complaint and something can actually be done about it

Wow. What an idiot.
>>
>>69850804

>rekt pussy

Have you ever actually had sex with a mother? A vagina usually goes back to the way it was before the little shit came out of it.

Besides, having sex with her doesn't make you the kid's new daddy. Go for it.
>>
1. All employers are required to match a servers paycheck to minimum wage if the tips do not get them there. She also conviniently forgets all the tips she never reported, standard practice in the biz.

2. She is a food server and dumb enough to have a child while serving food. She isnt gonna buy that kid chicken and rice, its poptarts and oreos.

3. It is no ones responsibility but hers to care for that child. She should have ussd protection, should have gone to college, should of had a savings account. She cannot, and society should not allow her to, have her cake and eat it too. She will keep making mistakes until she is a bigger burden tham she is already.
>>
>>69844983
> paying them so their employers don't have to
Shit sucks to be a waiter but not my fault they are expecting top dollar for something so pointless
>>
>>69852257

Don't worry, the robits will replace them soon enough.
>>
>>69852080
>implying she doesnt already have a gender studies degree
>>
You guys continue to not realize tipping is a good thing! It makes your food cost less and gets you better service.
>>
>>69844983
>implying McDicks's is cheap anymore
>>
>>69844983
Federal labor law states that if a server makes less than minimum wage for the shift in tips, the company has to pay minimum wage .

Also , they could of been going to the bar for their drinks, we don't know that she served them , other staff may of been involved.

Foh makes WAY more then min wage, they just are stupid mostly. If you are good at serving you work in fine dining and make 120-200k a year.

Easily.
>>
File: 1459127336894.jpg (408 KB, 600x712) Image search: [Google]
1459127336894.jpg
408 KB, 600x712
>>69852429
waitresses, waifus... is there anything robots can't do? it can't come too soon
>>
>>69852442
>Paying money makes things cost less

You are expected to tip no matter how bad the service is. Because every waiter is a special snowflake that always gives excellent service.
>>
>>69844983
Why doesn't she just get a real job instead?
>boo hoo I'm fast approaching my thirties and have a child, but still have a high school drop out tier job
>this is everybody but myselfs fault
>>
>>69852080
Came here to say pretty much this.

Her poor choices are not our problem.
>>
>>69844983
cry me a river. stop blaming the customer thus substidising the greed of your employer. a tip is conditional on quality of service, your pay should be for hours worked. get paid more somehow and stop whining.
>>
>>69852726
Fight the impending feminist ban before their birth?
>>
>>69845077
Almost certainly niggers. Either that or she was terrible.
>>
>>69846251
This. Worked as a host and I saw bills of at least $100 getting another 20 shoved in for a tip.
>>
>>69852734
I'm saying if dickheads like you don't tip than you get the advantage of lower food costs. If you do tip it doesn't make a big difference
>>
File: 1457411323649.jpg (17 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
1457411323649.jpg
17 KB, 500x482
>>69844983

>Food on the table.

Bitch please. I bet you are up to your eyeballs in welfare due to your poor life choices. Don't try and act like you are literally struggling to put food in your stomach or your kids stomach or literally struggling to put clothes on your back.

What you are really saying is that you have to have that much less data on your cellphone plan, that much more of a wait to upgrade your cellphone, that many less movies you can go out to see and that much less money overall that you have to spend on frivolous shit.

FUCK. YOU. CUNT.

Even if I am wrong, you made the mistake. You created a child. Woman up and take responsibility, but I would bet your 20% that I am right.
>>
>>69845799
I wish America had the mentality.
>>
>The American federal government requires a wage of at least $2.13 per hour be paid to employees that receive at least $30 per month in tips.[4] If wages and tips do not equal the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour during any pay period, the employer is required to increase cash wages to compensate. As of May 2012, the average hourly wage – including tips – for a restaurant employee in the United States that received tip income was $11.82.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tipped_wage_in_the_United_States
>>
I never understood why is it in American culture to tip.

Here we only tip if the service is friendly/fast or if you make a big bill.

The waiter and the service get LITERAL SALARY for their job, and their job is to serve me, i am not obligated to tip if i dont want to
>>
Fuck Cheapskates
>>
>>69848759
>big advantage come tax time
I would guess most servers are in low marginal tax brackets, so I doubt getting less tips just to pay slightly less tax is advantageous. This is just as stupid as paying interest on a mortgage just for the tax deduction.
>>
>>69847846
Actually the rule of thumb is to report one third of your credit slips.

>imma chef and im drunk, so trust me
>>
>>69846716
You filthy bugger you!
>>
>>69844983
So workers are beggars now.
>>
>>69847217
fuck off
you're not even a real country FYROM
>>
>>69844983
I bet she got tipped in cash and just wanted to cause bookface drama.
>>
>>69844983

>Don’t even bother working in a restaurant if you can’t afford to live. There’s a McDonald’s down the street.”
>>
File: DOGS.jpg (183 KB, 1200x794) Image search: [Google]
DOGS.jpg
183 KB, 1200x794
>>69847221
>tipping
only for good service
>>
>>69847521
I just recently started writing CASH in the block myself. I used to write zero then tip cash, then when I saw tons of these whores claiming people didn't tip them, even though there is a good chance they left cash, I started covering myself. I also didn't want them getting fucked on taxes but now I don't care.
>>
File: 1349578352474.png (196 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1349578352474.png
196 KB, 500x375
I worked in a fucking grocery store deli and worked harder than these entitles faggots. Out of my 1.5 years working there only about 5 different people ever tipped. I can bet you anything that this bitch never tipped any one at a deli. So fuck tipping you fucking faggots.

You want more pay? Get a better job or fight for a higher wage.
>>
>>69853147
This cancer spread to my home country (the Dom Rep.) We have a federally mandated "tip" too of 15%, plus a customary extra tip.
>>
>>69851512

I think in the States even, people would rather tip the kitchen directly if they liked the meal.
>>
>>69847984
>Aussie
>This level of shitpost
cuck
>>
>>69847540
Everyone posts this in every tipping thread. Is this actually true? If it is, then why do these cunts even bitch about people not tipping in the first place?
>>
>>69853310

You would think these cunts were roofing or standing on a concrete floor in a factory for 12 hours a day the way they go on.

You always hear about tipping because it is a female dominated position in your typical restaurant and we all know how much these people love to play a victim.
>>
>>69844983
>Don’t even bother walking into a restaurant if you can’t afford to tip

When I don't tip, i'm not cheap, your service was shit and i'm saying you barely deserve minimum wage for the shit job you do.

Fucking server entitlement
>>
>>69853450
Its true but they always make enough money to cover it.

Restaurant manager here
>>
>>69844983
i tip %25 no matter what. no reason to shit on the service industry workers.

amen, praise jesus. adam and eve not adam and steve
>>
>>69853526

It's not like they have to do a lot. I almost always tip 20%. Just be somewhat timely and keep my drink filled and I tip, I am not eating out anyway if I am counting my pennies.

I only ever goose egged a person one time and that was during new years when this cunt had a really bad attitude.
>>
>>69849246
Widow =/= Single mother

I have much more respect for a widow but I still won't raise another mans child.
>>
>>69853450

It's true, and I wouldn't be surprised if most servers don't even know the law and realize this because they've never actually run into a situation where they don't earn at least min wage after tips
>>
>>69844983
maybe they should get a BF or room mate? All i see is someone unwilling to adapt
>>
>>69851991
Something like getting a job that pays a real wage you fucking troglodyte?
>>
The owner is legally required to make up the difference but do you know why this cunts don't want that? They make way more with tips. My cousin worked at a Chillis and on a bad night she would make $100 on tips alone, plus her salary which was already minimum wage (7.30 or something like that). On a good night she could make around $300, she lived like a fucking queen and always complained, I really hate her.
>>
>>69844983
>my job is horrible! They only pay me 2 dollars an hour! I am at the mercy of other people's kindness.

Then quit and get a better job.
>>
File: file.png (592 KB, 800x484) Image search: [Google]
file.png
592 KB, 800x484
>>69853408
>leafposting this hard

Libertarian society handing out wifi keys for free? or are they still making you compare the taste of maple and dick for access?
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 600x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 600x432
>>69844983

It's a real shame what one extra chromosome will do.
>>
>>69853625
Then I don't understand what their anger is about. At the end of the day they're apparently making minimum wage anyway. So then they're bitching about not making MORE than minimum wage. Cry me a river.
>>
Fair Labor Act says restaurants have to pay minimum wage if a server doesn't make enough in tips.

>b-b-but my local restaurant doesn't do this
Wage theft is a crime, report them anonymously to the Department of Labor.

There have been several big cases over the last year where restaurants got busted for wage theft.
>>
>>69854062
>The owner is legally required to make up the difference
I don't get this. The difference in what?
>>
I've heard that there's a law that says if you make less than minimum wage, and don't receive enough tips to get to the minimum wage amount, you can make your employer pay you the rest.
>>
>>69846513
This. I'm better at cooking than most of my local places anyways. Fuck 'em all, I'll make my own food.
>>
I'm a true American tipcuck, so not tipping on the charge slip usually means they either left a cash tip, or the service was so fucking bad that she didn't even get a 10-15% tip. Then again, I'm the type that throws ~20% at decent service, and goes full retard and gives 50-100% tips for great service or people who work late shifts.
>>
File: 1445459034024.png (744 KB, 547x683) Image search: [Google]
1445459034024.png
744 KB, 547x683
Fuck off with the tipping culture shit. I don't pay a fucking man at the hotdog stand for his ability to hand me over the god damn food I paid for.

Jesus christ, Ameriflaps everyone.
>>
>>69854337
50 or 100 percent on a $180 bill? srsly bruv?
>>
i got your tip right here *grabs dick*
>>
File: photo.png (350 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
350 KB, 900x900
>>69854148
>>
>>69844983
It is the LAW that they will receive minimum wage if they do not exceed that amount via their hourly +tips.

If you have no adult job skills, you better be the best fucking waitress ever.
>>
File: stumpedbytrump.jpg (309 KB, 720x542) Image search: [Google]
stumpedbytrump.jpg
309 KB, 720x542
>>69847846
>>69848691
>>69848884
Thank you gentlemen. I will keep doing the right thing.

>>69853306
Smart move brother. Here is a play on the "7 proxies" meme converted to MAGA in honor of you. (I am not the creator of this)
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 100x120) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 100x120
>>69847521

I make it a point to shame light tippers in my entorage. I never really understood being Jewy about tipping: If you're going out, 9/10 times there is an impulse buy variance that eclipses the entire tip.

Faggot accountants who whip out the calculator to round tip to the penny lose my respect because a) they cannot do simple multiplication and are thus embarassments to their Euro genes b) are play acting le Merchant when the act of their going out meant they were spending 5-7 times what a home prepared meal would be and c) they are being truly nog tier selfish. I never was a waiter or worked in the industry. But, I do know how difficult it is and how unbelievably evil people are to service workers.

Even if someone is an absentee screwup, they get their 16% (assuming they brought the meal over.) 25-30% makes someone's day and also gives you a great reputation with the staff (which is pretty important when involving food.)
>>
File: 1455567492648.gif (907 KB, 150x113) Image search: [Google]
1455567492648.gif
907 KB, 150x113
>>69854487
>>
>>69854487

This post is full of autism.
>>
>>69854434
Usually I only do that in little junky diners, and usually during the late night shifts, like if I hit a Waffle House or something. Daytime waitresses and waiters are kind of assholes.
>>
>you are the lowest of the low for not paying for my shitty life choices

1. Don't get a real job. Beg for handouts.

2. Don't abort a defective child.

3. Be a single mother.

She is everything wrong with society
>>
>>69854337
You're like me but worse. If I'm drunk and wander into a Perkins at 4am and eat nothing but cheese sticks I'll tip 100%. Usually for small stuff like that I'm around 25-30%. If I can't afford that I'm in the wrong restaurant.
>>
>>69845573

>implying college or trade school = job, much less job with decent pay
>>
>>69854383
we don't tip at hot dog stands either, dumbass

shows how much you know

and in my experience some restaurants in Europe still have tipping, they just call it gratuity and make it compulsory.
>>
>>69846716
Lol okay, rumsod.
>>
>>69854179
If a waiter makes less than $7/hour from their tips and the $2/hour base pay, then the restaurant is required by federal law to pay the waiter more money to equal $7/hour. But no one lives by this because waiters report a fraction of their tip income to the IRS and almost always make far more than $7/hour in a week.
>>
>>69853396

I think that's great. I usually encourage people I'm out with to give the manager/bartender some cash to give to the kitchen if they are feeling generous.

Also, fair and just restaurant owners pool a percentage of the tips and redistribute them to the rest of the staff. I like that, but I like eliminating tipping all together even more.

I've this happen a few times (too rarely honestly) if I'm working in an open or semi-open kitchen (visible to patrons): people will come up and give me a $5 and say the food was good, but that's prolly cuz i gots a purdy mug
>>
>>69853285
kek
>>
At what point do American "Servers" stop being employees and start being aggressive pandhandlers?

I wouldn't want these buzzards in my establishment harassing my customers.
>>
>>69854649
Yeah, that's pretty much how I am. I'll tip 100% at Denny's if the service is good because why not. I won't tip 100% for a $50+ bill.
>>
File: 1459563886095.gif (66 KB, 259x198) Image search: [Google]
1459563886095.gif
66 KB, 259x198
>>69847418
>mfw
>>
>>69845573
its not that she got pregnant biggut

its that she let some loser get her pregnant and then bail
>>
>>69844983

>a standard 10% tip is a big enough slap in the face

>please provide a gratuity based on quality of service even if the service is poor quality

These people really are fucking garbage wrapped in skin.
>>
>>69854746
no one ever asks for a tip

"aggressive panhandlers" lmao you sound like an overly sensitive faggot
>>
File: 1458008673813.jpg (71 KB, 908x539) Image search: [Google]
1458008673813.jpg
71 KB, 908x539
>>69844983

i call bullshit sensationalism. i usually pay for stuff with plastic and then tip with cash so they dont have to wait until payday to get their tips.
>>
>>69844983
>WAAAH 10% IS A SLAP IN THE FACE I DESERVE MORE THAN 20 DOLLARS ON THIS SHIT DESPITE MAKING NOTHING! WAAAAAAAH I SHOULD GET 40 DOLLARS FOR MY SERVICE.

What a dumb cunt
>>
>>69844983
>WHY WON'T YOU GIVE ME MORE MONEY THAN I ALREADY EARN FOR DOING MY SHITTY JOB?!?!?!?! WAHHHHHH
>>
File: pepe.png (506 KB, 988x1273) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
506 KB, 988x1273
>>69854451
>when leafpeople try to shitpost but it is just awkward as fuck

baka tbqh family.
>>
>>69854875

lmao u sound like a fucking parasite.

Go shake your coffee cup on the street some more you smelly bastard.
>>
>>69851980
>I feel zero sympathy
I feel sympathy for her kid, but not the kid's mother.
>>
>>69848759

>tipping $30, EVER

Nope.jpg

Why the fuck would I dish out an extra 30 bucks to some useless cunt for doing her job.
>>
>>69854179
If you make below minimum wage for that night then the owner has to put some of their profits into your wages. People who bitch about no tips are faggots crying that they don't make $50/hr when everyone else makes $10/hr
>>
>>69854875

>no one ever asks for a tip

>Please tip your servers even if you get terrible service

Illiterate.

No wonder you hang out in restaurants begging hard working people for spare change.
>>
>>69844983
Receiving tips is a luxury, not a right. Employers are required to make up the difference if a server doesn't make at least minimum wage after including tips.

However, no competent server I've ever met has had trouble making a more than reasonable amount off tips. If you spent more time being good at your piss-easy job and less time bitching on the internet because one person stiffed you, maybe you wouldn't need to bitch in the first place.

t. former waiter who knows how easy these ungrateful shits have it
>>
>>69854649

I do that too when I'm in the States. If we are going to be socially obligated to tip servers, then it makes sense to have a baseline tipping amount, rather than a percentage of whatever overpriced shit you ordered. It's just silly to tip 60 cents on a plate of fries and it's also silly to tip 60 dollars on two steaks and a couple bottles of wine, especially when the latter was served to you by a real asshat with a completely made-up personality and the former was served by a sweetie pie with a genuine smile.
>>
>>69844983
>Servers are paid a base pay of $2-5/hr depending on the employer, so next time you don’t want to tip, regardless of the situation prior to receiving your bill, think about how much you would have to work that week off $2-5/hr to feed your family, not just you
Incorrect. If you don't make enough in tips to got minimum wage, then the employer must make up the difference.
>>
>>69845573
from the thumbnail I thought this was a picture of a bald man looking downwards.
>>
MUH KEEEEDZ!
>>
File: 1458178993102.jpg (183 KB, 1124x1024) Image search: [Google]
1458178993102.jpg
183 KB, 1124x1024
I'd honestly would be less reluctant to tip if they shared them with the bus boys and cooks in the back. While getting my degree, I worked in the kitchen of a restaurant. Cooks deserve a piece of the pie, which should honestly be considered charity. They do more work than the waitress, who simply bring you your food and refill your drinks. Fuck em.
>>
>>69855161
He meant no one ever asks for a tip in the restaurant. But on facebook they'll complain until their fingers bleed.
>>
File: MODS ARE CUCKS.jpg (3 MB, 5291x6524) Image search: [Google]
MODS ARE CUCKS.jpg
3 MB, 5291x6524
>>69855021
that'll be 29.86 plus tip
>>
>>69845911
This is how I do it also, I hardly ever put the tips on my credit card.
>>
>>69855187

I wouldn't take a job that pays 2 dollars an hour if I had a family to support. Because I'm not a sub-human mongoloid.
>>
>yet another angry waiter thread
>>
>>69854487
>tipping gives you a great reputation with the staff (which is pretty important when involving food.)

I never understand people who say this. Do you honestly think the servers remember who you are, unless you're a "regular" in which case you should kill yourself? Guess what, restaurants have massive staff turnover so that waiter who served you last month could easily not be there anymore. But I guess you think his coworkers know who you are? Why? Why the fuck would they know you? And by the way, people fucking with your food is just a meme, even in America. But I'm sure you have some anecdotal evidence to support the contrary.
>>
>>69855299
This is how it works in Canada. The waitresses have to give a portion of tips to cooks and bartenders. They still make sickening money; my sister makes 200-300 most nights
>>
>>69855053
>>69855161
>doesn't know about IDs
look at this shill, lmao
>>
>>69855312

Well that's a bold faced lie. I got asked for a tip in Orlando at a Denny's.

I also hate this;

>Good service = X, Bad service = Y

If go to a restaurant so someone else can do the fucking work. Not me.

Why do Americans have such an ass tarded unnecssary complicated system?
>>
Pay all servers min wage and get rid of tipping. I've had this argument before and it just pissed of my SJW server friend who regularly shitposts about muh tips but made 600-1000 a week in cash tips during the holidays. Fuck em.
>>
>>69845076
Tipping is degenerate, if they want money then include the tip in the bill. Calculate it for me instead. Tipping only happens in societies run by niggers.
>>
How do you tip /pol/? For me, I go

>Shit - Below Average Service: 0%
>Average Service: 10%
>Above and Beyond Service: 15%-25%
>>
>>69855413

It's the "Don't insult the religion of peace otherwise we'll have to behead you argument".

Like I said about Aggressive Panhandling, these leeches are engaging in extortion.

>"You wouldn't want me to tamper with your food and give you an infection would you Anon? No? Then just pay up!"
>>
>>69855556
liar, literally never happens its an extreme social faux pas, worse than begging because people with tips are employed.

perhaps if you told them you were a foreigner they would try to clue you in, but no one EVER directly asks for tips to your face.
>>
>>69855646

>Shit - Below Average Service: 0%
>Average Service: 0%
>Above and Beyond Service: 5%
>>
You wouldnt believe how pissy servers get if you even try to log their tips and share them with the cooks.
>>
>>69855504

>You aren't allowed to post twice in a thread

>Anyone who does is clearly working for the Anti-Service Staff Commission.

Hi /x/
>>
>>69855582

They want to have their cake and eat it too (i.e. min wage but still having the expectation to tip)

Truly an entitled bunch
>>
>>69855588
This
>>
File: 1357598273395.png (187 KB, 500x323) Image search: [Google]
1357598273395.png
187 KB, 500x323
>>69855556
>I got asked for a tip in Orlando at a Denny's.
Well fuck. I have never seen or heard of anyone actually doing that.
>>
File: 1459642623817.gif (473 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1459642623817.gif
473 KB, 450x600
Not my problem.
>>
>>69855742

>Lying on the internet

And we have identified a confirmed parasi- I mean "waiter".

How does it feel being dickless?
>>
>>69855835
>"post twice in a thread"
>implying you didn't just try to respond to me twice and play it off as two different australiakeks

well now you know newfag, we have ids on this board, welcome.
>>
>>69855868

I didn't think it was required at fast food places. She was polite about it but it was weird.
>>
>>69845799
The problem is resturaunts can pay lower than minimum wage based off of tips. The tips bring them up to a nomal paying job. If you dont tip they are left getting payed like 6 dollars an hour.
>>
>>69855988

>being this desperate and illogical

I know you're mad that you are too much of a loser to get a real job, but inventing things to feel superior about is sad.

Maybe if you put that energy towards working hard you wouldn't rely on begging strangers for money?
>>
>>69855950
yes because I should take everything you say at face value, because that is what two strangers do

are you just new to talking with people in general or are you really this socially stunted???
>>
File: 1458179021011.jpg (70 KB, 539x522) Image search: [Google]
1458179021011.jpg
70 KB, 539x522
>>69855431
What's worse is they always came back to bitch about tips on large tables. They would have the nerve to stump in and go "omg he only gave me like 12 dollar tip on a 150 dollar order". Waiters and waitresses honestly think they do all the work in the states. It's almost sickening. I'm so glad I got an actual job after getting my degree. As pathetic as it is, it makes me angry just thinking about it.
>>
>>69844983
if i pay with a card i always tip cash, and always more than 20%. i also always make sure i make no tip for the card portion bc there are sleaze balls that will try to burn you in every restaurant.
>>
>>69856113
I'm employed and you can't even figure out how a online board works.

so yeah, I'm clearly the worthless one here
>>
>>69856079

What's the "problem" here?

No one is forcing you to work a shit job.

If you can't survive on that wage and feel bad about begging, quit.
>>
>>69856079

Wrong

http://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/faq/esa/flsa/002.htm
>>
>>69846808
because people are stupid enough to believe otherwise.
>>
>>69856127

lol.

The butthurt is unbelievable.

Voting Bernie?
>>
>>69845573
>no where in there does he mention was being a whore instead of looking for a good man to take care of her
Women shouldn't be going to college they should be pregnant before 30 at home taking care of the house, husband, and kids. The problem here is not that she got pregnant before 30 or 20 it's that she got pregnant for being a whore and "enjoying life" the baby stopped her bullshit and now she actually has to work, this is all her fault for opening her legs to Chad which left her.
>>
>>69856008

I don't think Denny's is considered fast food -you sit down and they take your order, right?

She really shouldn't have said anything, but maybe she thought she was doing you or your next server a favor. Working in Orlando, she probably has to serve a lot of foreign tourists, most of which aren't accustomed to tipping (although it's just basic decency to know the rules around tipping in a new country).

That said, you gotta be a really shitty waitress or have some giant balls to actually say something about it to a patron.
>>
>>69844983
They have a low base pay but anything they make under minimum wage is subsidized by the employer. Thus she is really saying I am not getting enough money for very likely being a shit server like 90% are. I do not have any pity for her putting her self in a position she has to do said shitty job and I don't think she should complain about someone not tipping because trying to guilt people into tipping (when you are already subsidized when gaining below minimum wage) only puts you and your other types of workers into this shitty situation. Blame your business you work for that keeps tipping there which puts you in this position instead of people who don't want to pander to the greedy fucks.
>>
>>69856204

>Devolving into illogical babbling

No wonder your tips are so bad.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.