[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What makes the rich think that they're entitled to the money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9
File: richman.jpg (180 KB, 656x519) Image search: [Google]
richman.jpg
180 KB, 656x519
What makes the rich think that they're entitled to the money that they work for?

In a civilized society, there's a little thing called sharing. This is why I'm voting for Sanders.
>>
>>69726835
What makes the government think that they're entitled to the money that they didn't work for?

In a civilized society, there's a little thing called personal accountability. This is why I'm voting for Trump.
>>
>>69727103
>muh responsibility

Your ideology is dying, it's not the 1950s anymore. Time to wake up and accept that.
>>
>>69727259
> Your ideology is dying, it's not the 1960s anymore. Time to wake up and accept that.
>>
>money that that other people work for and they've gained from
>>
File: fuckoff.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
fuckoff.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
>>
>>69726835
Gone fishin' huh OP?
>>
>>69726835
Do you hear yourself talking?

Economic policy isn't about what's right, or wrong, or what SHOULD be done, or how people SHOULD act. It's about what works.

People are greedy pieces of shit, get over it. If you remove, or cap high salaries, you remove the incentive for people to work harder, and eventually for the economy to grow.

Why should I become a traumasurgeon, being responsible for the lives of other people, if I get paid as much as the guy who works as a cook?

Why should I take up a highly stressful job as an executive, being responsible for millions of dollars if I make as much as the guy sweeping the floor every night?
>>
File: feel_it.jpg (11 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
feel_it.jpg
11 KB, 236x236
>>69726835

Sharing is when I choose to give you something. Theft is when you threaten me with prison if I don't comply and take my stuff.

Hope that helps.
>>
>Sanders praises Denmark
>Denmark has no minimum wage

Berntards on life support
>>
>>69727869
>he's a lolbertarian

Newsflash: the world doesn't operate on your Ayn Rand selfish morality.
>>
File: 623854401.jpg (210 KB, 1536x1536) Image search: [Google]
623854401.jpg
210 KB, 1536x1536
>>69727489
rekt
>>
>>69726835
>I go to school
>study hard
>graduate
>work long hours
>skrimp and save every penny I can
>pay off my loans
>make a lot of money
>invest wisely
>Joe Lazy comes over and demands his share of what I earned
>He dropped out of high school
>Doesn't work
>Spends his money like its going out of style
>Invests in nothing
>contributes nothing
>What do?
Pro tip:There is only one answer
>>
>>69726835
>they have to share
>so I'll steal it from them
>>
>>69727259

>It's not the 1950's anymore, c'mon! It's 2016!
>>
>muh work

there is a middle ground of progressive taxation and public works etc. etc.

once you have a ton of money it's retard easy to make more money. You can make tons of money just by investing and watching it grow.
>>
Rich people and their nepotism is ruining this country. Oh and foreigners who can hardly speak English working for the government makes no sense to me.
>>
>>69728242
You're not entitled to the results of your work.

Suck it up.
>>
>>69728827
wrong answer.
>>
>>69726835
Because the poor were obviously too stupid to make the money, or do anything other than wage labor.
>>
File: Bill-Gates-007.jpg (22 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Bill-Gates-007.jpg
22 KB, 460x276
>>69727528
>money that other people work for
>work for
>work
you mean money that other money works for (multiplies itself)?
>>
>>69726835
>WHY DO PEOPLE WHO WORK GET TO HAVE MONEY???
>I HAVE WORKED PART TIME FOR THE PAST 20 YEARS OF MY LIFE WHY AM I NOT DRIVING A LAMBORGHINI AND LIVING IN A 20000sqft MANSION???
fuck off you lazy ass nigger
>>
File: 1427834954008.gif (45 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
1427834954008.gif
45 KB, 500x320
>>69728242
>tfw I'm Joe Lazy
>>
>>69727259
Your saying old ideology is bad? Lets ban the right to life, because that is old ideology. Your special class teacher is looking for you.
>>
>>69729824
Not a valid argument. *someone* would still have to do your dry cleaning and flip your burgers.

Those someone's shouldn't be treated poorly just because they're stuck with the shit no one else wants to do.
>>
>>69728827
>I don't work very hard
>you work hard and have money
What you earned should be mine because the giving tree taught me to be a little whiny bitch.
>>
>rich
>money they worked for

You don't get rich by working, comr8.
>>
>>69726835
>he thinks the rich care about the min wage

Thats better for them, they can be more demanding , fire more people and ruin small business easier
>>
>>69730068
>Those someone's shouldn't be treated poorly just because they're stuck with the shit no one else wants to do.

They absolutely should. It's called motivation to improve, you weakling.
>>
We need to bring back the 70 percent tax rate on the wealthy. Regan's low tax rate has made the rich take home a huge paycheck while the middle class suffers. It seemed like a good idea back then but the result is clear. The middle class is transitioning into the working poor, food stamps are through the roof and a select few are taking the money.
>>
>>69730371
surely that wont destroy the economy when almost every company moves overseas
>>
>>69726835
>In a civilized society, there's a little thing called sharing.
Sharing is voluntary.
>>
File: 1453747410636.gif (2 MB, 294x300) Image search: [Google]
1453747410636.gif
2 MB, 294x300
>>69726835
So stealing other hard working citizens money is now 'sharing'

Yes ladies and gentlemen, liberals, truly are, this out of touch with reality.
>>
>>69730518
That's why we need to fund education. We failed terribily in education due to lack of funding. Colleges used to be free for the most part, but tuition got absolutely absurd. Now we're a nation of dumbasses where our jobs are better off overseas.
>>
>>69726835
>what is inflation
Liberals are so fucking dumb.
>>
>>69727259
the biggest employers are middle class business owners.

your pic in OP is quite literally a strawman
>>
>>69730304

>the world doesn't need ditch diggers, fast food employees and custodians
>society would still function if 100% of the population worked white collar office jobs
>>
>>69730371
The wealthy should actually be taxed at 0%. Taxation is theft. The poor actually are a net drain on the country with all the welfare they consume.

>>69730967
Automate those jobs away and don't let stupid people who only have the capacity to do those kind of jobs breed.
>>
>>69730967
We do need them. Those jobs are for people too stupid to do anything else. Where else would we put them?
>>
>>69730918
This. And our economy is mostily based on spending. There's only so much a rich person can spend. They still need to fill one wardrobe with clothes, eat 3 meals a day and spend maybe a little more than you and I. Likewise, if that money goes in the hands of the middle class, it grows the economy exponentially.
>>
>>69731473
>And our economy is mostly based on spending.
Investment is pretty important too you know. Which is what happens to rich peoples money that they don't spend. They don't keep it under their bed.
>>
>>69731176
Welfare.

Someday soon it will be cheaper than giving them jobs.
>>
>>69732546
Never will be, or otherwise nordic countries wouldn't charge such obscene amounts of taxes, nor would wealth inequality in Europe be worse than the USA.
>>
>>69732821
>Never will be
of course it will. Nothing else you said has anything to do with this.
>>
Sharing is voluntary. If I "share" other people's money that is theft.
>>
>>69733067
>it will happen because I say so
>no, none of those matter anon, just believe me
>>
>>69733533
I didn't say why.

It will happen because it will be cheaper than employing them. And society just won't stand for having unskilled workers starving to death.
>>
>>69726835
Yes. Sitting on your fucking lazy arse, blaze up and let someone else work hard for you.

Fucking parasite
>>
>>69733678

>And society just won't stand for having unskilled workers starving to death.
There's not really anything wrong with this imo, as a social darwinist. They shouldn't be breeding.
>>
>>69733906
I agree. I'm just saying. People won't stand for it. Even donald trump doesn't want to see "people dying on the streets"
>>
>>69733906
Maybe we could black white female sex robots for blacks on welfare, so they lose interest in breeding and die out.
>>
>>69730807
You can throw all the money you want at education and you will get absolutely no improvement in results. The only things that can save education are a change in culture, a nuclear family, and removing people with low IQs from the system so we don't have to hold everyone else back.
There are people homeschooling their kids spending 95% less per student than the government and their kids will be exponentially more educated than public school grads.
>>
>>69726835
>they work for it
there is your answer
>>
>>69727848
High taxes are not a salary cap, and I can guarantee you will still have plenty of opportunities to try to become richer than your neighbors if that's what you find important in life.

Anyway, you sound like you've drunk the trickle down economics cool aid. Explain to me again how tax breaks create jobs? Companies only hire employees when they need to, so low taxes/tax breaks mostly go towards higher profits, not more jobs. And no, all the extra money they make isn't going back into the economy - a person can only buy so much stuff. My friend's dad is very successful and in the 1% - but besides having multiple homes and a few extra cars they don't really buy much more than a typical upper middle class family on a day to day basis. I guess they did add two jobs through the maid and cook though.

On the other hand, investing a trillion dollars in infrastructure like Bernie wants to would create jobs and help the economy. Construction is labor intensive and hard to outsource. Additionally, better ports, roads, and rail would help Merica compete better in the global economy.
>>
>>69736320

And who would be doing all the construction work in Bernie's America? Guess where all the money they are paid ends up.
>>
>>69726835
You work for money and call ME greedy?

You know what I work for? I work to put food in my mouth, to buy a house, to put gas in my car, to live. I don't work for money. You call us capitalists, but YOU'RE the one working for the money, not us. Want to know something? If you're rich, then you're eating less than the average person; most wealthier people are on average thinner. They put gas in their car, they don't take the bus, so maybe they spend a lot more money, but so do other people, NORMAL people who drive. And the rich, they may have a million times more money than I have, but that doesn't mean they eat a million times as much, or consume a million times more gas than me.. Money is not a representation of value; it's a market for value; if the dollar goes down, the other markets go up; it just so happens that we use money as a currency. We could have just as easily used gold as a currency, but that doesn't mean people who own mining companies are greedy; and we could have used grain as a currency, but that doesn't mean farmers are greedy.

But, you know why you're poor? You know why you can't pay your bills? It's not because someone else has money; they could have theoretical trillions of dollars and it wouldn't affect you. It's because when you go to the gas pump, there's less fuel, so they have to make it more expensive; when you go to the grocery store to buy food, there's less food, so they have to make it expensive. THink about it, you only go to a walmart or big chain of grocery store; there's very few grocery chains, less competition, because the competition can't afford to get as much. So when you go to mcdonalds, you're buying into a corporation, NOT a business. They make so much money, because they're the only ones in the market. Who are the ones taxing oil or making environmental policies that put people out of business? It's the government, your elected politicians.
>>
>>69731074
I'm an engineer who designs and programs automated machinery for factories - so I'm ready for the minimum wage increase :) That being said, all people deserve respect, many jobs won't automate well, and I'd much rather be served food by a waiter or waitress than a machine.

Anyway, from the rest of your comments I'm assuming you're not the sharpest tack in the box - what do you do for work? (I'd suggest voting for Bernie so you can re-educate yourself and have food and healthcare after I automate your job)
>>
>>69737414
Beer, scratchoffs and trucks.
t. construction worker
>>
>>69726835
The myth of "the rich work hard" needs to fucking die already. There's a reason most of the wealth in the entire world is owned by a small amount of people.

As far as I can tell it's a matter of people passing wealth down through their families. Wealth is passed down until there's one fuckup who burns it all on worthless bullshit, making the gap bigger and bigger, since the wealthiest know how to turn their money into more money, and more and more, until there's nothing left for those with nothing.

That said, it's not impossible for someone to work up from nothing to having millions, just very difficult.
>>
>>69737414
Haha, that's a damn good response. I'm not even mad
>>
>>69726835
I mean, if you took about 5000~6000 more people, looking like they were the sorta people working low wage jobs all reaching greedily at the money of the man who earned it and was looking to reinvest it then you might be closer to the truth. Maybe an image with a bunch of black/gangsters/stoners/SJWs/Homeless trying to grab the wallet of a man trying to put money into an ATM labeled economy.
>>
It's not "your money" it's the money. A concept we all agreed on like fucking hide and seek rules to function properly. Kind of like a stream or river and then some asshole decided to take all of the water. He hordes and dries up the river banks then everything just falls apart like no fish for the bears to eat and then the bears fucking die or some shit that makes wolves have no competition and eat everything in the forest. Overall bad for a working ecosystem to function considering we're fucking animals. The only thing that really separates us from animals is that we work together as a whole. I hate both republicucks and demarcucks. The real problem is overpopulation and not enough renewable energy to survive off of. SImple as that.
>>
>>69726835
>What makes someone think they are entitled to what they earn

what is this bait
>>
File: doubtful_stephanie.png (182 KB, 256x286) Image search: [Google]
doubtful_stephanie.png
182 KB, 256x286
>>69726835
>money that they work for
I saw what you did there
>>
>>69726835
Just remember income equality guarantees everyone will be equally poor, well, except the politicians.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.