[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask an foreigner living in China Anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 34
It's a lazy Saturday here in China, and I suppose /pol/lacks might be interested in hearing about China, what kind of a place it is, reality vs media reporting etc. So ask a foreigner living in China anything. I guess I'll get some basic info out o the way, FAQ and all that.
>Is 4chan blocked in China
No, but Captcha is. Even if I use a VPN to access it, Jewt blocked either most or all Chinese IP addresses so I had to buy a pass to support my shitposting habits.
>Nationality
I'm an American from Florida, I think of myself as white but I am Hispanic, so some people might not think of me as such.
>How long have I been here
Eight months
>Where are you and what are you doing
Beijing, the capital, formerly known as Peking. I'm studying to put it simply.
>Can I speak Chinese
Yes, and Chinese people tell me all the time I'm great at it, not to toot my own horn. Still, Chinese is a tremendously complex and deep language, so I can't really say I'm 100% fluent.
It's a lazy Saturday and I don't have much better to do, so ask away.
>>
>>69665319
ur thoughts on economy ,ghost cite
>>
kill yourself race traitor
>>
are there any qts
>>
How many slant eyed chink fuck holes have you banged?
>>
>>69665319
>Ask a tourist anything
>>
Where is China?
>>
>>69665319
Did you go through all this just so you could post here with a Chinese flag?

Also, do they really hate the Japanese, and should we have sided with China over Japan?
>>
>>69665732
Nice Chinese name, Ms. Zhang.
Well it's no doubt the Chinese economy has made huge strides in thirty years. If you go to the cities you see a standard of life that's closer and closer to a developed nation.
However the recent years have seen some slow down, and this makes Party and government leaders worried, because essentially their legitimacy is tied to economic performance. So they encourage economic growth by throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks, which involves a lot of pointless construction.
It's not necessarily bad to encourage construction and growth in this way, but the root of the problem is the population structure.
>>
>>69665319
Pls give advice on how to learn mandarin, I'm only a few weeks in, studying everyday with a textbook I bought and listening to chinesrpod episodes, but I can tell its going to take months or even a year before l can watch a TV show even with pinyin subtitles, learning characters seems impossible.

I don't think my local universities and ccs offer mandarin courses, just the hsk tests I think, one campus has a Confucius institute thing but I looked at the website and couldn't find any real classes. Just meetups, exchange programs and hsk tests
>>
File: cumkat.jpg (14 KB, 252x340) Image search: [Google]
cumkat.jpg
14 KB, 252x340
>>69665319
Have you tried cat? What's the weirdest shit you tried?
>>
>>69666028
>root of the problem is the population structure.
How is population structure a problem.

Also, is it ok to move around freely or are you tied to a guide or something?
>>
File: 1448699721263.jpg (28 KB, 307x462) Image search: [Google]
1448699721263.jpg
28 KB, 307x462
Every time we try to send a dropbox link to clients in China they can't open it

What's a non-shit alternative that works there?
>>
>>69666178
Too many old, not enough young. Why do you need this explained to you?
>>
>>69665319
age of consent?
>>
How many times have you fapped to "If you are the one"
>>
>>69665319
How many chinks u be fucken, bruh?
>>
IS it better to learn Cantonese or mandarin? I am hoping to move there after my engineering degree.
>>
>>69665802
I am not a race traitor, not yet anyways. Besides there's nothing we can do at this point for our race. We need to start betting on the horses.
>>69665827
Yes. There's ugly ones, pretty ones, like any country.
>>69665858
I haven't. Here in China, virginity is still very valuable here, so I don't try and ruin these girl's dating/marriage futures because I got an itch, unless I'm interested in her in the long term.
>>69665909
I'm a student here on a student visa, not a tourist visa.
>>69665918
Asia.
>>69666017
I do like the novelty of the Chinese flag but I like being able to post on the Chans no matter what the flag.
Do they hate the Japanese? Complicated. I would say no. Some people hold a grudge over WW2, not without justification, and also the Diaoyutai islands. Overall though, Chinese people don't hate Japanese people, they like their cartoons and even some of their food and like going their to vacation over Hong Kong because HKers are pretentious and have a chip on their shoulder about the mainland. However, they do disagree with their government and haven't forgotten WW2.
Should we have sided with the Japs in WW2 you mean? If you ask me, absolutely not. Japs were vicious fucking monsters during the war to the Chinese, other Asians, and us Americans.
>>
>>69665319
I'm from the south too, how do you like China?
>>
>>69666237
>Khan
KHAN'D
>>
I meant to say, "wouldn't it be better if the us & China were closer than the us and Japan today?" I guess they're no real way to answer that.

I respect the Chinese, and what you say is true, the japs were animals during WWII. Hope to travel to China some day myself.

Any part of the culture or exp of living there that's really stood out?
>>
>>69666126
Are you located in any major city? Even in some smaller places in the Midwest, some universities provide Mandarin courses. I got started with Confucius Institute myself actually. If there is a CI, then I'm sure they'll have classes because that's their reason for existing. Maybe go over to their offices and ask in person.
Honestly Chinese is extremely difficult, not impossible but full of challenges. I personally don't think I could have become any good without a teacher and optimally a classroom setting. Try your best to find that. Hell, you could come to China or Taiwan and do some kind of program. Also, consider immersion programs if you have the shekels. I made the biggest advancements in Middlebury's Chinese immersion school. So in order of quality.
self-study >>>> regular classroom setting >> immersion/going to china/taiwan
>>69666166
I have not had cat or dog. Some weird things I have had though: lamb spine, duck blood (curdled like yogurt or tofu), chicken gizzards. Honestly cat and dog are not terribly popular up here in Beijing, but I hear Cantonese people down south will eat anything.
>>69666178
Too many old fuckers that can't work anymore, not enough young ones who can contribute to the economy. >>69666275 Like this guy said.
>>69666237
I don't know desu, lots of stuff is blocked here and I'm not a tech guy.
>>69666278
14, but don't come over here fucking teenage girls. This ain't Thailand. Government will fuck you up.
>>69666288
Dunno what you're talking about.
>>
>>69666337
Please refer to one of my previous answers regarding virginity in China.
>>69666340
Cantonese and Mandarin are not like Duthc and French in Belgium, where half the country speaks one and vice versa. Mandarin is a language spoken to some extent in almost all parts of China. Cantonese is limited to the Guangdong area, and is strongest in Guangzhou and much more so in Hong Kong. So Cantonese is only worth learning to any extent if you live in that region. Either way, in HK most of the business is done in English. So learn Mandarin, at least if you're coming to the mainland. Although personally I find Cantonese interesting and I'd learn it in my free time to impress my Hong Kong friends.
>>
>>69666405
I love it, and it's sad I'll have to leave soon. People tell me all the time, I am really suited to living here.
>>69666564
Well I think we should try to be friendly with both countries. There's no need to get all hostile with Japan, but the arbitrary bullshit the US government has with the Chinese is pointless.
Something interesting here is just how curious they are about outsiders, their directness, their concept of the group and the family. They have an ancient philosophy that's worth looking into.
>>
>>69666766
>I have not had cat or dog.
Try dog if the opportunity strikes, its quite tasty.
>>
>>69667185
B-but I like dogs though.
>>
>>69667204
Rabbits are adorable too, they're also delicious.
>>
>>69667253
Don't you Norwegians eat lamb heads over there? You're like the Chinese of the West in terms of eating habits.
If I get a chance, I might try it, despite my objections.
>>
>>69667417
>Don't you Norwegians eat lamb heads over there?
On rare occasions yes.
>You're like the Chinese of the West in terms of eating habits.
Seal & whale is really good, the rest of the world just don't understand us.
>If I get a chance, I might try it
I remember a small place up by Beijing Sports University that had dog on the menu. (They had one menu in Chinese and one in English, the one in English was much shorther and did not list dog).
>>
>>69666347
>Diaoyutai islands.
They're actually the Senkaku Islands
>>
>>69667619
Did you happen to be in another thread I started? I remember talking with a Norwegian that had been to Beijing or China before. Sports University then? I'll see and check it out.
>>
other than actually living in the country, what do you recommend for learning mandarin?
>>
>>69665319
What's the best way to learn chine op?
>>
>>69667702
>Did you happen to be in another thread I started? I remember talking with a Norwegian that had been to Beijing or China before
If it was on /int/, maybe.
>Sports University then? I'll see and check it out.
Bear in mind that it was like 8 years ago so its quite possible that you won't find it, small restaurants come and go quite quickly over there.
>>
>>69666237
i think you can send files over QQ
>>
>>69666766
>Cantonese people will eat anything
YES! RET ME TERR YU ORD CHINESE SAYING: CANTONESE PEEPER WIRR EAT ANYTHING WITH WINGS BUT A PRANE, AND ANYTHING WITH REGS BUT A TABER. 非常小哈哈, YES?
>>
>>69667678
Sure they are, Mr. Miyamoto. 1000 yen have been deposited to your account.
>>69667718
>>69667754
I say classroom setting with a good Chinese teacher is indispensable. You cannot begin mandarin on your own, maybe once you get to a level it might be possible. Consider immersion programs like Middlebury if you got the shekels. Then once you've built a foundation, practice with Chinese friends. Once you get real good, read news and media and stuff.
>>69667822
Well I'm sure there's at least a few places with dog in this city. Otherwise I'll try Guangdong.
>>
>>69667619
>lamb heads
What the fuck, I thought that was Icelanders? They eat some weird shit too though
>>
>>69668031
How much is Middlebury all in all?
Do I need a diploma or is GED okay too?
>>
File: South China sea.gif (83 KB, 624x507) Image search: [Google]
South China sea.gif
83 KB, 624x507
>>69668031
>Owned and adminstered since 1895 by the Japanese
>They are Chink islands!!1!!11
Fuck off cunt, I bet you think these claims are reasonable because the CCCP said
>>
>>69665319
>Yes, and Chinese people tell me all the time I'm great at it, not to toot my own horn

No shit fgt, you could literally have the worst Chinese in the world and if you said 你好(knee how, hello) they would grats you. Fuck offfff
>>
>>69668103
>What the fuck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvPj6FurQgE
> Icelanders
Icelanders are balls to the walls crazy. They will piss on a dead shark, let it rot for a few months and then eat it.
>>
>>69668241
Based best China
>>
>>69666942
yeah sure. virginity etc. they tell you that in iran too and i managed to fuck girls there
you are just a boring perma virgin cuck
that is all
>>
>>69668168
>11 grand for this shit and need a letter of recommendation and forward my college grades
what the literal fuck
am i applying to yale or going on an 8 week chinese crash course? jesus christ
>>
>>69666766
>duck blood
My Polish grandmother made that, it's called Czernina.
>>
File: 1459411478777.jpg (137 KB, 648x1280) Image search: [Google]
1459411478777.jpg
137 KB, 648x1280
This is a CCP propaganda thread.
>This is a CCP propaganda thread.
>>
>>69668321
>Icelanders literally piss on a poisonous 30 ft shark and let it rot for 3 months before eating it
>harkal
DUDE THATS THE CRAZY SHIT I WAS THINKING ABOUT! The abnormaities breed by being isolated on an island for 1200 years is genuinely interesting. Scandinavia's men could learn a thing or two from them.
>>
>>69665319
how many cocks do you think you can suck in a day?
>>
>>69665319
Is there a lot of litter? I had a friend who lived in China and she told me that there's rubbish everywhere. Also that the Chinese spit a lot.

I've been to Hong Kong on the way to visit my family in NZ. I liked it. But walking the streets was a chore - everyone wanted to sell me a watch and thought I was American. "you buy watch, American"?. Fucking annoying. The food was amazing. What's the food like where you live?
>>
>>69665319
I‘m studying Mandarin myself at Uni and I'm coming over to Beijing in July for a summer semester at RMU.

a friend of mine that been to China for around a year basically told me studying Mandarin in the mainland for a month is better than studying Mandarin for a year outside China, how true is that ?

Also, cool places outside of Beijing to visit ? I heard Sha'anxi is pretty awesome and not too far.
>>
How much of a loser were you in your home country? Is teaching English to delay going home and facing the reality of being a loser worth it?

How pale are you, how thin are your arms?
>>
>>69666017
Yes they do fucking hate the Chinese, they have a 血海深仇

Nanking neva forget
>>
>>69665319
No, but Captcha is. Even if I use a VPN to access it, Jewt blocked either most or all Chinese IP addresses so I had to buy a pass to support my shitposting habits.
I have all these rare flags... Countries with like 5000 people, yet this is my first China. The MOST POPULOUS country. What the fuck?
>>
>>69668655
Oops Japanese I mean
>>
File: aussie pepe.jpg (8 KB, 231x244) Image search: [Google]
aussie pepe.jpg
8 KB, 231x244
>mfw I bully the Americhink out of the thread
>>
>>69668537
>a friend of mine that been to China for around a year basically told me studying Mandarin in the mainland for a month is better than studying Mandarin for a year outside China, how true is that ?
Quite true (provided you interact with the people outside of the laowai community obviously).
>>
Do you get paid to study in China?

I've read about people getting paid to study in Taiwan about $800 a month with the Huayu Enrichment Scholarship.

What program are you studying or teaching with?
>>
>>69668188
1895, you mean the Treaty of Shimonoseki where the Japanese force the Qing to sign an unequal treaty giving territory they controlled for centuries to the Japanese? You might as well cite the Treaty of Nanking and say Hong Kong is British territory too.
>>69668168
It's quite a bit of shekels. I only did it because I got the financial aid. You can look it up on their website and have a heart attack yourself. But mark my word it is worth every penny. Pretty much anyone over the age of 18 with a high school diploma can do it. I'm not 100% sure about GED's, but check out their site.
http://www.middlebury.edu/ls
Also, just to clear up any confusion you may have, I'm not talking about doing undergrad at Middlebury, I'm talking about their summer language schools where you take a language pledge to only speak your target language for eight weeks.
>>69668241
其实,我中文系的老师都跟我说过,他们没在拍我的马屁,我的中文比他们认识过的外国人都好的多呀。不要生气啊,没什么用。
>>69668376
Maybe, but I don't want to ruin a girl's chances of getting married in a society where marriage is so integral. I'll only fuck a girl I'm actually interested in. That's my upbringing.
>>
American airline pilot based in Hong Kong checking in. (On a layover in Seoul now before someone here calls me a worst Korean)

I'll chime in quickly (flying to Guangzhou tonight)

Hong Kong is a giant shit hole. Lived in it for 2 years so far (only doing this assignment for the extra money).

And what's sad is, when I go to mainland (which I do often), it makes Hong Kong seem nice. Admittedly, I've never been to BJ but I've spent lots of time in Guangzhou and Shanghai and they are two cities that the world would be better off without.

I've nothing against average joe or Jane chinaman (or the average Hong Kongese person, as OP said Hong Kong natives do considering themselves superior to mainlanders) but they are destroying the earth.

I'll not resort to /pol tier ethnic and racial stuff here. But the Gods honest truth is they are totaling our planet.

I've spent lots of time in Europe as well and it always cracked me up when some Europoors would dump on anericans for owning more than one car, owning a pickup or SUV, etc because of damage to the planet.

My GOD If they only knew what China was doing. Jesus just walk down any street in Guangzhou or even a "nice" city like Hong Kong and gaze at the hundreds of open air cell phone shops, all blasting their A/C 13 hours a day with the shop walls rolled up.

The cities in China are a fucking dump. I can not speak for the rural countyside, having never been there.

But the cities should be neutron bombed.
>>
>>69668321
We ate sheep's head when I was a kid in the 70s and early 80s. The cheeks are tasty. My butcher still sells heads. And other stuff. Pig's cheek was a very popular dish when I lived in Spain.
Also haggis. You haven't lived till you've eaten haggis.
Scottish food is nice. Especially smoked fish.
>>
>>69668940
Did you get financial aid because you're Hispanic?
>>
>>69668376
>>69668459
you can see when 4chan changed back
>>
>>69668810
Not a chinaman and I'm still here, a lot of questions to answer tomodachi.
>>
File: 1408110363201.gif (640 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1408110363201.gif
640 KB, 360x360
>>
>>69668984
>But the Gods honest truth is they are totaling our planet.

So is India. I've been there. It's a literal toilet. Honestly mate. Birth defects and deformities are so common because of pollution and lack of a clean water supply.

I'm a plumber and know how important clean water is. It's the most important thing for human existence.
>>
>>69668996
>Also haggis. You haven't lived till you've eaten haggis.
One day, one day I will do it.
>>
>>69668984
Do Chinese have this weird fatalism or something? I am wondering about their culture. They must know they are destroying their environment and doing atrocities to it.

They don't seem to care all that matters is getting that buck.

>>69668940
What is the status of religion really in China? I heard tell of their being some fervent Christian movement or something and they supposedly despise Muslims and do all the shit Trump wants to do like keep watch over them.
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 720x960
>>69669219
No it's not.

I honestly believe op is an American student in BJ. It's pretty common.

I shall now being dumping some random photos I have on my cell phone.

Wan Chai, Lockhart road. Where the hookers and Filipina and Indonesia maids hang out and fuck for extra cash
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 720x960
Again, same location as before. Lockhart Road, Hong Kong.

Environmentally friendly for sure...
>>
is 笨蛋日本鬼子 the proper way to address japanese
>>
>>69665319
given that op is always a faggot, what is it like being surrounded by all that unwashed sideways vagina?
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 720x960
The view from my apartment in the mid levels, Hong Kong.

It's 450 square feet. And the rent is 3,500 USD, yes USD, per month.
>>
File: image.jpg (245 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245 KB, 960x720
TST, an area in Kolwoon, Hong Kong.

Pretty clean en?
>>
File: image.jpg (191 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191 KB, 720x960
An alley in Wan Chai, Hong Kong.
>>
>>69667619
I tried whale When i visited norway, a few years ago, it was really good indeed
>>
>>69669536
is your company helping you out with that or just living large?
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 960x720
The view from The Garden Hotel, Guangzhou China

Notice the air. That's not fog. That's not even Grade-A LA Smog.

China takes it to a whole new level.

There are air pollution warnings where you are advised not to go outside sometimes.
>>
>>69669640
>>69669596
that's what I like about Asian counntries. There is actually an underclass. I hate it to see uneducated shit here getting a shitton of money. They don't deserve it.
>>
>>69669711
I'm a pilot for Fedex and they give me an extra 5,000 on top of my salary for living expenses for being based in Hong Kong

3500 is NOT living large.
>>
>>69665319
RARE
A
R
E
>>
>>69668940
How come China claims things to be theirs because in the past completely different people ruled that and China
>>
>>69668479
CCP couldn't give half a shit about this little board of ours. Trust me, I'd take the money if they gave it but they ain't.
>>69668466
Yeah, blood products aren't entirely absent from the West. Still there is some taboo and probably not very widely consumed.
>>69668508
I'd do like ten if I was getting paid. It's just a cock.
>>69668513
Yeah I've been to Hong Kong too. You walk around in Kowloon, particularly near Chungking Mansions. Tons of Indians, I suppose remnants of the Empire, live there and will harass you with their whole watch selling bullshit.
There is some of that here and some garbage here and there. It's not terrible though. Spitting is a problem, but once you figure out how to do it yourself you get less repulsed by it. I personally don't like the spitting and that's something most foreigners agree on.
The food in China is very, very diverse. A lot of it's good, some not so good. But overall I really do love good Chinese food. Peking duck is a specialty here in Beijing. Also, thes special Chinese sesame cookies are also from Beijing. Beijing's actually pretty good for food, but there are better provinces like Sichuan, Guangdon, Hunan, etc.
>>69668537
If you go about things the right way, I think you can make good progress anywhere, but being in China gives you the advantage of daily practice opportunities. To maximize your progress, make lots of connections, hang out with Chinese people and practice, practice, practice.
Outside Beijing and Shanghai, Chengdu, Jiangsu and Zhejiang province are cool. Yunnan province is a special kind of beauty I have never seen before.
>>69668547
I ain't a loser, to be honest.
>>69668655
I think that's an over simplification.
>>69668732
I hearrd there was a spamming problem with Chinese flags.
>>69668822
HEAD THIS MAN'S ADVICE IF YOU WANT TO ADVANCE YOUR CHINESE. If you come here, don't get stuck in your expat bubbles.
>>
Are Chinese girls sluts? Do they try to fuck you because you're white? Do they sleep around, give blowjobs, do lewd things?
>>
>>69665319
K.. Keep me posted
>>
>>69665319
i spent time in taiwan. it is #1
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 720x960
An elevated walkway in central, Hong Kong on a Sunday

The Filipina and indo maids who don't feel like hooking in wan chai come out and sit around on cardboard on Sunday afternoons.
>>
>>69668825
My uni scholarship covers me over here. I'm studying at Peking University's CSI program. I've also heard of that Twianese scholarship stuff. I'm interested in it myself since my time in Beijing is almost over and I still want to continue studying and advancing my language skills.
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 720x960
Nathan Road, TST (Hong Kong )
>>
>>69666028
MS.

BEIJING
E
I
J
I
N
G
>>
>>69669804
How did you get financial assistance for Middlebury? Is it because you're POC or are there scholarships for people wanting to learn certain languages?
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 720x960
A shopping alleyway in Tst (Hong Kong)
>>
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 960x720
Another pic of TST in Hong Kong
>>
>>69665319
Do people bump into you a lot? Whenever I encounter Chinese tourist they are always rubbing against me and touching me for no reason when standing in line or whatever. I hate it.
>>
>>69665319

Can you ever get used to the sounds they make when they eat?
>>
>>69669536
>It's 450 square feet. And the rent is 3,500 USD, yes USD, per month.

worth it for that view desu
>>
>>69669766
is becoming a pilot difficult or expensive
I never really thought about where pilots come from before
other than millitary I guess
>>
>>69669868
would be alight if you can also tutor on the side because I read you can make $20/usd. Given the Canadian dollar that's actually are decent wage for me.
>>
File: 1326451870361.jpg (38 KB, 512x616) Image search: [Google]
1326451870361.jpg
38 KB, 512x616
>>69670016
ever seen them eat rice with sticks? they put the bowl to their lips and shovel it into their gaping maws while slurping.
>>
>>69665319

And what is this name thing going on`?
>>
File: image.jpg (205 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205 KB, 720x960
The rear view from my apartment building in Hong Kong.

The building I'm showing is NOT how the poor people live. That building is actually considered decent living for Hong Kong.
>>
Do you get angry at their inability to perceive the world around them? Such as their littering, rude shoving instead of forming lines, and me first attitude?

Kids piss in the streets, toilets are holes in the floor, and owning a car means you have to honk the horn every 2 minutes. Is that a good way to sum up China?
>>
>>69669922
>Nathan Road.
Sounds British. Just how much do they take from Britain over there.
>>
>>69670046
Historically, most us are prior military.

Within the last 20 years, that's changed to a more even 50/50 mil/civilian split.

The civilian track to airline pilot is long, hard work, and expensive. The military track is just long and hard work.
>>
do you eat mostly chink shit or do you try and find foreign stuff?
>>
File: image.jpg (212 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212 KB, 720x960
A typical street near Hollywood Road, Hong Kong.
>>
>>69670151
stayed in Thailand for 3 months. Loved chink food for about a month. After that I had to eat western food or I'd get the shits.
>>
>>69670200
That road is a lot nicer than in the mainland.
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 720x960
Another typical street near Hollywood Road, Hong Kong.
>>
>>69670136

You guys owned Hong Kong until 1997
>>
>>69668984
lol butthurt
>>69669040
Not explicitly but I don't know their private proceedings.
>>69669219
If I repeat it often enough it will become true.
>>69669377
I can speak from personal experience on this one since I'm involved in Christian circles here. Historically China has not been a religious society but Christianity has made big advances in this country. There are secret missionaries here that I've actually met that are on the down low spreading faith. There's more legit stuff too like the international/Chinese churhc group I'm a part of here, which is totally legal and not bothered. But foreign led pushes for the spread of the faith is a big no-no. Chinese don't hate Muslims, at least China-fied Muslims. It's the Muslim Uighurs out in xinjiang that are a bit scary to them.
>>69669488
Yeah, although China's hate for Japan is a bit overblown. For God's sake, half these people drive Hondas and watch Japanese animus.
>>69669521
Feels good man.
>>69669801
Historically part of China, just as much as Dublin is for Ireland.
>>
File: image.jpg (191 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191 KB, 720x960
>>69670237
I know. Sad, isn't it.

Another typical street near Hollywood Road, Hong Kong.
>>
>>69670136
>Just how much do they take from Britain over there.

they didn't just name it recently. it was tradition to name roads or parts of HK for outgoing governors
>>
>>69670251
>>69670305
go play starcraft
>>
>>69670340
A FUCKING LEG
>>
>>69666347
>I haven't
faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (574 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
574 KB, 2048x1365
The view from my HKG apartment on a clear day
>>
File: image.jpg (493 KB, 1365x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
493 KB, 1365x2048
Central (HK) at night on a clear evening.
>>
Are you Irish and your name Kevin?
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 453x604
A small beach in Hong Kong. I forgot which one this was.

Sheko beach if I recall.
>>
>>69666166
I've been to Beijing on holiday. I ate duck heart, pigs intestines, but I could not bring myself to eat Donkey.
>>
>>69670340
RARE
A
R
E
>>
File: za1912.png (328 KB, 497x515) Image search: [Google]
za1912.png
328 KB, 497x515
>>69670438
Fàm, what's the purpose of this? Looks as if it's for safety, and to keep the building clean/dry during construction.
>>
>>69670650
out of those three i would have thought donkey was the most appetizing
>>
>>69670298
Thank you brother in Christ! I hope that Christians can help bring environmentalism because a lot of that in the late 1800's USA was Methodist based IIRC. Kindness to animals at least.

>>69670305
>>69670438
>>69670481
Honestly, Korea jealously bro, that looks mostly like a scene from Blade Runner but definitely not a hellscape to me, kind of nice, like New York on crack. I'm sure HK has its slums and unspeakable horrific crimes though too but that looks pretty cool.
>>
>>69670114
Sounds like home to me.
>>
>>69670674
helps stop falling dabree
>>
>>69669813
Holy fucking shit, is anyone seeing this guy's name here?
Anyways I'm not a sex maniac or anything and I don't just fuck girls at random. That being said there are some girls that are all about foreign cock and others that are more hesitant due to Chinese value of virginity.
>>69669926
I don't get it
>>69669955
You just got to apply and have credentials, being a shitskin, even on paper, would probably help you though. I don't think they have language-specific scholarships.
>>69670015
Yes. china's a crowded place so when people bump into me it's common. It's an inevitable result of the population trends of this country.
>>69670016
>>69670062
I don't mind desu. the eating etiquette is just a bit different here.
>>69670047
You can totally do that in China. I have a few friends that do that for elementary, middle school kids and I teach my own English class voluntarily. I hear Taiwan is more strict about this though.
>>69670114
That's such a fucking huge generalization but it's to be expected from a stuck up HKer with a chip on his shoulder about the mainland or some bourgeois expat.
>>69670136
You governed that place for 150 years. I'd venture to say most of the street names are British, like Nathan Road (stayed in a hotel there once), Aberdeen, Causeway Bay, etc. Also they drive on the right side of the car and left of the road just like you guys do.
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 720x960
Wan chai (Hong Kong)
>>
>>69670827
Interdasting.
>>
>>69670768
>unspeakable horrific crimes
other than what the mainland grossly violates in the two systems policy, no
>>
File: image.jpg (916 KB, 2048x1530) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
916 KB, 2048x1530
An ATM machine about 2:30am.

Stay classy, Wan Chai!
>>
>>69670768
I'm an American expat based in Hong Kong. On a layover in Seoul right now (I'm the pilot fag in this thread)

My sister said the same thing about HK and Blade Runner.
>>
>>69670151
Some of the time I eat Western, most of the time it's Chinese though. Chinese food is very diverse so I never get bored.
>>69670403
I take a girl's virginity away, I could ruin her life here. It's not like Germany where I could fuck a girl and she wouldn't remember after a week after taking in several meters of cock.
>>69670506
Hell no. I'm a Spic, white-ish. And I defy plastic paddies.
>>
>>69669813
WITNESSED
>>
>>69670921
Nothing violent happened here.
>>
>>69669813
wew lad
>>
>>69670114
I certainly.

The situation awareness (or Campaign Bubble if you're a military pilot) is about 1.5'

They literally have zero idea what's happening beyond a 1.5' radius of themselves.

It's baffling.

And I'm an American from Connecticut, not a Hongkongese looking down at mainlanders.

I just can't understand why their little campaign bubbles are so small.
>>
>>69670921
>Stay classy, Wan Chai!
not that surprising for a seedy part of town at last call-ish, that's mostly foreigner nightspots and the working girls that cater to them. your friend's dad jeans are pretty swank though
>>
>>69671037
I don't get the "witnessed" comment.
>>
>>69670877
A 12C! WTF OMG
>>
>>69671037
>>69671172
Guys, names are over. He put that as his name. See?
>>
>>69671245
Heh.

I wear the same kind of jeans too.
>>
>>69671249
You see 5 cars a day at this price level in HK.

I'd imagine Manhattan is the same way, though I haven't spent much time there.

What's funny, which I've seen several times:

A car at this price level, but a convertible with the top down. In the drivers seat, a dough boy looking overweight, 45+ old guilo. In the pax seat, his 20 year old HK boytoy (and the guilo always has his hand on the leg of the boytoy)
>>
>>69671391
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXMx9XdL-fs
>>
you are near
chagangdo?
>>
>>69671521
What's Chagangdo, comrade?
>>
>>69671521
Ohh boy the north is here...
>>
>>69671521
I'm on mobile, is this a Nork?
>>
>>69671391

guilo?
>>
>>69671513
Great song.
>>
>>69671545
it is border from china
to korea

manpo in chagangdo is very near to China
sometimes i will made trips to here for business
>>
>>69671585
>>69671592
>Implying he isn't a proxy
Come on now
>>
>>69671599
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gweilo
>>
>>69671638
I'm in Beijing. Not too far from Best Korea, if that's not a proxy.
>>
>>69671634
it is, your gwailo anecdote reminded me of the video. i'm surprised it's still that prevalent in HK, it being 2016 and all and just easier to stay home and be gay
>>
>>69671685
well
i think i am not a proxy

it makes me very sad
i post many times i am not proxy
but nobody believes this
even when i post many many times

you have been to
Shenyang?
>>
>>69670136
In true British tradition Nathan Rd is full of Indians
>>
>>69671975
I'm looking at pictures and it looks very nice. The cheap hotels make it seem like this is a place I want to visit
>>
File: Jianbing-1.jpg (153 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Jianbing-1.jpg
153 KB, 500x375
>tfw not in Beijing anymore
>no based breakfast foods here
>>
>>69671253
WITNESSED
>>
>>69672444
What a waste of trips.
>>
>>69672511
and dubs
>>
Are triads a thing in mainland China?
>>
>>69672738
Read about this yesterday so I'll answer this. Yes, they are a thing. They have shops that are kinda shady and if you cause trouble they will throw you out on your ass.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 400x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 400x315
Knee how laowai
>>69665319
What's your wechat user name? Are you in any big groups for foreigners tht go out and do stuff rather than big for 18k jobs?
Are you studying in Wudaokou or shaoyaoju?
What are you doing this tomb sweeping weekend?
Do you like spicy, laowai?
>>
Anybody from taishan or hoisan here?
>>
>>69672849
That's actually pretty funny.

I used wechat when I first moved to HK. Mostly dudes on there so I gave up fairly quickly.

It's far easier (and more fun) to buy a ticket to Clark (Angeles City, the Philippines) or Bangkok and go sport fuck for a week than it was to deal with WeChat.
>>
Hey OP, hope you're enjoying your stay in Beijing.
I've been working in Beijing for over 5 years, I regularly fly in and out.

Where are you in Beijing?
I'm not far from the huge ass embassy area.
>>
>>69672840
I thought they were mostly limited to Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan because the mainland is a police state
>>
>>69673182
I've lived in HK two years and never been conscious of seeing a triad.

It's like gangs anywhere. I've spent shit loads of time in Tokyo on layovers and never encountered a Yakuza either. When you're just a normal law abiding foreigner eating and getting drunk and trying to get laid, you don't really run into those guys.
>>
Chinese mainland tourists are the fucking worst. Fuck out of Japan all china niggers.
>>
>>69665319
>hispanic from china
NOPE
>>
>>69673387
Yup agreed.

You japs are OK in my book. You know how to wait in line and are generally polite overall.

You guys are ok with me.
>>
>>69673182
The ones I read about were in Shanghai. There's a whole black market there in plain view LMAO! I'm not kidding I want to go here so bad
>>
>>69673182
I've spent lots of time in Seoul (here now) and never ran into a jo-pok either.

You have to go out of your way looking for that sort of thing.

Or get into gambling and start oweing money.
>>
>>69665319
nigger?
>>
>>69673567
There's lots of black markets in Shanghai, Shenzen, and Guangzhou if you just want to buy 10 dollar fake Tommy Bahama, Gucci, True Relgion, Rolex etc

There's nothing exotic about those shops.
>>
>>69673470
Koreans are also polite in Japan. The worst tourists are mainland chinese and Australians. By a lot.
>>
>>69673671
I'm American though

I hope we're polite when we visit.
>>
>>69668188
calm down shitposter from down under. Its obvious that OP has superior knowledge. Besides its getting close to being winter down there ain't it? Shouldn't you be fucking abos to keep warm or something by now.
>>
>>69672391
holy FUCK i love those things, also made me feel groggy afterwards but still worth it
>>
>>69668984

Oh boy another dumbass American with fuck all self awarenes and his head up his ass.

American currently produces abou the same amount of CO2 emissions, but only has a quarter of the population of China. The average American consumes per person than anyone else in the world.

China is the world largest producer of green energy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_electricity_production_from_renewable_sources

Notices how China produces more than twice the amount of green energy, whilst consuming less.

And considering how 60% of people in America are over weight, Americans not only consume more than anyone else in the world, but more than they need to.

If anything, we need to kill off 60% of Americas populaiton.

But hey- its everyone elses fault but the over consuming lazy ass gas guzzler driving Americans fault right?
>>
>>69673671
I wouldn't have thought you'd get many Aussie tourists in nipland.
>>
>>69673636
I think the fake stuff are just whatever, nobody cares. But the real stuff though, with no price tags and having to negotiate your price. That's where they do the real work lol
>>
>>69673874
We get tons and I would safely wager 70% of them are assholes.
>>
>>69673938
Australian tourists I've heard really are assholes. They go around thinking they can do whatever they want. SE Asia hates them.
>>
>>69674018
That's what murkin tourists are like here
>>
File: TxzWLOu.jpg (166 KB, 938x1722) Image search: [Google]
TxzWLOu.jpg
166 KB, 938x1722
>>69669813
>>
>>69673791
>groggy
kek, can relate

Best one I've had was from a tiny little stall outside the Hongqiao Pearl Market (just around the corner from the main entrance), they were YUUUGE though.
>>
Fuck China dawg, they won't stop burning everything they touch and making that disgusting smog, they forceably remove organs from political dissidents and give them to powerful govt officials so they can live another day, exploiting 1 billion Chinese slaves. Been there this year, fuck that place. Compared to my country it is like living in hell.
>>
>>69665319

Is the the pizza restaurant in the in one of SanLiTun's backroads called 'under the tree' or something still there?
>>
>>69674477
This.

Nanking best day of my rife
>>
>>69671975

hey, i lived in shenyang for a while, lots of great Korean food in the Korean quarter
>>
>>69669804
Cheers bruv.

I really want to visit Yunnan but it's too far away for me, I'll have to do it when I'll be traveling and not studying.

I also want to visit Harbin, heard it's pretty awesome. ever been there ?
Also, how's would you define the nightlife in Beijing ?
>>
>>69675081

night life in Beijing is pretty good, clubs are really hit and miss - some good ones, some bad, some full of nigerians, some full of russians some with no foreigners at all. I preferred bars, there are loads of great bars. Houhai looks amazing at night, and there are loads of bars, and a pizza resturaunt somewhere in the hutongs around it, or at least there was 7 years ago.
>>
sha bi
>>
This is either a CCP shill or communist sympathizer who made this thread. Mainland China needs to get nuked.
>>
who /uibe/ here?
>>
>>69665319
My dad lives in Ching qing. He adopted a kid whose parents ditched him during that earthquake you guys had.
>>
>>69677986

my nigga, what were you doing there?
>>
>>69675081
Haerbin is fucking cold but the ice sculptures are cool
>>
>>69678451
I actually didn't go there, but my brother did. I went to visit for a couple of weeks. Loved it, I still miss the cheap beer at Helen's and the great street food every day.

UIBE toilets fucking stink btw.
>>
File: 1443522046143.jpg (16 KB, 406x422) Image search: [Google]
1443522046143.jpg
16 KB, 406x422
>>69668940
>其实,我中文系的老师都跟我说过,他们没在拍我的马屁,我的中文比他们认识过的外国人都好的多呀。不要生气啊,没什么用。

Being a foreigner, your Chinese (especially written Chinese) is really, really good.
>too good to be true for a foreigner
>>
>>69678386
what the hell are you
>>
>>69665319
Are you studying at TBC/UIBE or BJ Foreign Language?
>>
>>69669804
>Still there is some taboo and probably not very widely consumed.
At least in here blood products are completely normal, same in Iceland as far as I know.
>>
>>69673811
T. Muhammad
>>
>>69673130
Dude wechat is their Facebook
>>
>>69668459
I considered Middlebury summer course, too. I don't know who the fuck they're kidding. You can literally apply to any Chinese uni and get in without all that bullshit and pay less than a grand for tuition and maybe a grand for airfare. Plus, you'll be in China so there's that "immersion" factor.

I recommend looking at CUCAS or whatever it's called, it's basically like College Board for foreigners seeking to study in China.
>>
>>69675691
>and a pizza resturaunt somewhere in the hutongs around it,

kro's nest? place was the shit. i think they built another location
>>
>>69670146
Is the pay garbage like they say on tv?
>>
>>69668479
If this is propaganda, it must be promoting time wasting.
>>
File: 1459411458994.jpg (87 KB, 493x750) Image search: [Google]
1459411458994.jpg
87 KB, 493x750
>>69665319

is the plumbing any good? what about the stuff they cook in gutter oil?
>>
>>69670298
Damn what a good goy you are

Yes,HKers have every reason to shit on the mainland as long as they keep ruining HK and breaking their promises

And no,The People's Republic of China did not exist 200 years ago,Senkaku Islands belong to Japan...
You can't claim something when you did not even exist...
>>
>>69687084
no the plumbing is generally terrible

so much so that you're not even supposed to flush toilet paper
>>
>>69665319
Why are Chinklets so fucking loud and like to break the law?

What am I to do when I discover a yellow freak who broke the law?
>part of my job
>>
>>69665319
You lived in collier county.
Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.