[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
former SS rehabilitation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 1578356587.jpg (670 KB, 2182x3802) Image search: [Google]
1578356587.jpg
670 KB, 2182x3802
I was watching Fury last night. During one scene the hero is alerted of the arrival of the SS for the final battle.

Their march song has this unmistakable laugh in it but while I was listening to this I felt an uneasy familiarity with it. I did some research and I found that I've indeed heard a similar march sung by the french foreign legion (a french military formation where non-french can join). At first I was like, for srs ?

More research later, I found out the song in the movie was attributed to the 33rd waffen SS Division Charlemagne.

It doesn't make any sense right ? The french military would not allow former SS to join their rank, right ?
>>
The foreign legions allows anyone to join, why not soldiers as skilled as those of the SS?
>>
File: 2456786436.jpg (128 KB, 1602x1329) Image search: [Google]
2456786436.jpg
128 KB, 1602x1329
The 33rd division was mainly composed of french volunteers and was one of the last unit to defend Hitler's bunker.

Quite zealous considering they were "forced" to join.
>>
>>69613523
A lot of SS join the FFL after the war, it's fact, We needed men to fight in our Colonies, and well dead SS... French People doesn't care about their death and Le Kepi Blanc melody is Panzerlied
>>69613872
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVmYFJGoZ-0
>>
>>69613523
It was also a song taken by the vichyst milice.
There are a lot of german songs translated into French that are part of the ffl and by extension French army repertoire.
In no particular order:
Anne-Marie du 2eme REI (not even translated)
Panzerlied, by the way of the milice too
Ich hatt eine kamerad, translated
And others...
Funfact, at the time, many FFL nco's were former Spanish republicans, who had Italian fascists, German nazis and French vichyists and other assortment of minor axis powers under their orders, and everything went okay.
>>
>>69613872
At the time, they had their back against the wall.
Soviets on one side, allies on the other, among them the Free French that would summarily execute them.
>>
>>69613523
>>>/tv/67730383
>>
Is this the same foreign legion March that has

>for the Belgians, there are none
>for they are lazy shirkers
>>
File: 348678748.jpg (128 KB, 1602x1329) Image search: [Google]
348678748.jpg
128 KB, 1602x1329
>>69614185

60% of the french foreign legion was composed of former german soldier at the time for Dien Bien Phu (Vietnam)

http://www.liberation.fr/planete/2014/03/05/indochine-la-legion-des-inconnus-de-la-wehrmacht_984735
>>
>>69614662
That 60% statistics is often quoted, but is in fact bullshit.
The most they were in some units was more like 30%. The 60% stat comes from a novel by an American.
My grandfather was a legion officer in Indochina and Algeria. He led a platoon of the 1er REC.
>>
>>69614651
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC6-AhOmnCk

Pour les belges, y'en a plus
Pour les belges, y'en a plus
Ce sont des tireurs au cul
>>
>>69614915

Figures are always up to debate on this board, but... 60%, 30% for which unit ? For the whole legion ? For a specific unit ? Did they make a difference between native Alsace-Lorrains, LVF and native german SS ?

2e REC ? Nice. Where ? Algeria too ?
>>
>>69615506
No. I said that in the extreme cases, they reached at MOST between 30 and 40%. Not the majority, but the single largest national group quite often. There were lots of Spaniards, Italian, "Belgian" and "Swiss" ( French Vichyist under a fake identity), but also Hungarians, Czechs and so on... Alsatians registered as Belgian or Swiss.
By the time of Dien Bien Phu, the proportion of germans had notably dropped, most signed for a five year contract at the end of WWII. The shit you'll see about DBP being the "last battle of the SS" is bullshit sensationalism. In fact, most were former wehrmacht rather than SS.
>>
File: 48766379879.jpg (128 KB, 1602x1329) Image search: [Google]
48766379879.jpg
128 KB, 1602x1329
>>69616151
>last battle of the SS
Did some people actually write this ? I mean... outside of this board ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1YsN71Yvt8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF6PenFuZOk

Smelly smell tho
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.