[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be 27 >currently unemployed >goto employment advisor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 17
File: 1459264027384.png (82 KB, 310x300) Image search: [Google]
1459264027384.png
82 KB, 310x300
>be 27
>currently unemployed
>goto employment advisor job person at centerlink
>tell them I decided to go to university

she tells me
>"eh...why do that? you're going to be 30+ when you graduate"
>"Wouldn't you just prefer to get any job you can get now, so you can at least start a family or something"

Why did this bitch say this? Why does she want me to get a job now? So I can be cucked in some shitty job for the next 40+ years of my life just so I can start a family a few years earlier? Why wouldn't I just go to university now to get some decent qualifications to at least have a CHANCE at getting a decent job.

I've already worked off and on in the trades and it's not something I want to do for the rest of my life. My father worked a trade and doesn't have much to show for it besides a rekt body, while at the same time, my fathers brother, went the white collar route, and is still casually working in his 70s in a comfy office job, while my dad had to retire early at 60 due to having a fucked up body.
>>
They just want to mark you off as having found a job, they don't give a shit about you.
>>
>>69320666
It's all about what you make of it, my mate's dad's a plumber pulling down 140k from his business

Uni isn't so great, I wish I had done a trade like carpentry or something
>>
>>69320666
What are you majoring in?
>>
>>69320666
live off the dole mate, just become a bogan
>>
>>69321116
>be australian
>polish diaspora is the rich class
>>
>>69321179
Criminology and maybe do something after it related to Security/Counter Terrorism .

Looking to perhaps get a job in immigration, at ASIO or corrections.
>>
>>69320666
Join a job network, they are private. You give them your resume and they will get you a job straight away. They will take some of your income, but you won't feel it.
>>
File: 1459159985925.jpg (1 MB, 2836x2000) Image search: [Google]
1459159985925.jpg
1 MB, 2836x2000
>>
>>69321327
>They will take some of your income

I don't think that's legal
>>
>>69321280
>job in immigration

Go for that woman studies or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islands people degree. They only want people who will be #chinkswelcome
>>
>>69321280
Sounds cool. I'd say stick with your education and see where it goes. Hopefully you can find a job in that sector.
>>
File: 1400406264545.png (489 KB, 720x536) Image search: [Google]
1400406264545.png
489 KB, 720x536
>>69320666
Just give up on it all and get on the disability bux like me m8.
>>
>>69321280
if ya do that, try get into the computer security side of it yknow
>>
>>69321280
Best way to get a job in immigration, ASIO or similar is to speak arabic, dari, urdu or one of the other middle-eastern languages, that shit is like a golden ticket.
>>
File: 1458550474440-1.png (143 KB, 480x340) Image search: [Google]
1458550474440-1.png
143 KB, 480x340
>>69320666
>Why did this bitch say this? Why does she want me to get a job now? So I can be cucked in some shitty job for the next 40+ years of my life just so I can start a family a few years earlier? Why wouldn't I just go to university now to get some decent qualifications to at least have a CHANCE at getting a decent job.

Stop being a little faggot, everyone in this country is turning in to a bunch of limp wristed poofters

>Oh the welfare lady didn't tell me what I wanted to hear

Who gives a fuck? you don't want to work hard your just looking for an easy way out. It's too late to go to Uni now, unless your seriously gifted. Would you hire a 23 year old graduate or a 32 year old who fucked around for 10 years?

It's not what you want to hear, but this is how life works, you can either work hard or go fuck around uni and be back on centrelink in four years.
>>
>>69321005
This. They'll also give the better jobs to minorities due to them and the companies getting bonuses.
>>
>>69322034
>Would you hire a 23 year old graduate or a 32 year old who fucked around for 10 years?

why wouldn't you hire the guy with more experience?
>>
>>69320666
she just wants to screw you out of a $500 f/n gravy train
>>
>>69321280

Kek. Good luck finding a job when you graduate.

If you weren't degenerate you would do economics+finance and get a job and a big accounting, consulting or banking firm or study law.
>>
>>69323779
>doing jew work counting virtual money and fiddling with made-up statistics
>not "degenerate"
>>
>>69321005
+1

Do whatever makes you happy OP. If you think you can stick out however many years your degree is and are relatively confident you can get a job at the end of it doing something you enjoy then it'll be worth it.
>>
>>69320666
Don't be a dumb roody poo. They told me the same when I was 24. Now I am finishing master and I am 29, instead few a lot of doors are open for me now. Also try to get part time job or freelance, if necessary volunteer in the same field of work that you study. This is necessary because of working experience crap when you apply. I have 4 offers for job currently and 3 of them are actually from European caliphate states.
>>
>>69322541
He will be older, not with more experience. His resumee will be the same as a guy with 23yo. The guy from human resources that gets his CV will probably ask him/herself what the fuck did this guy do all this time to have no related experience at 32.
>>
>>69320666
>>"eh...why do that? you're going to be 30+ when you graduate"
>>"Wouldn't you just prefer to get any job you can get now, so you can at least start a family or something"
>Why did this bitch say this?

Because her job revolves around getting you a job, not an education?

Maybe she had a personal contempt for you or anyone trying to better themselves later in life.

Most importantly why the fuck do you care about some nobody telling you what to do with your life? It's yours to live.
>>
>>69321116
I wish I'd started an apprenticeship after college, would've been good for me.

Now I'm working a shit job and considering going to uni just to postpone life for a few years.
>>
>>69320666
Its her job to help you get a job. Your going to an employment agency, not a college recruitment place.

Why are you even starting this thread? To complain about an employment advisor on /pol/ who just wants to do her job? Stop complaining and make up your mind if you want to go to university or not.
>>
>>69327099
You don't have to write ur age on ur cv u fucking clown
>>
She probably has a point. Going to University here is a waste of time and you'll probably graduate to unemployment like most of us do or did.

>>69325796
Degrees count for nothing here.

You can't get part time or freelance work here without years of relevant experience already.

Sadly, the only way to break into the market is just luck. Considering that most companies would rather hire some foreigner that they can easily get a visa for than hire someone from here with 0 years of relevant experience.
>>
>>69321280
Joke degree. Only a joke Uni like Murdoch offers those.
>>69323779
Also joke degrees. Computers are replacing all finance graduates.
>>
>>69327875
Ur fucking retarded every company needs accountants and always will.

Pessimistic aus fags keep telling ur self you'll be unemployed with a degree it's just not the case
>>
>>69320666
OP, You should absolutely go back to Uni. i'm your age,I used to be a carpenter, but got into a double degree (Law/History) by doing a newstep course. A newstep course will give you an ATAR, and you should research what uni has the courses you want, because a newstep ATAR is not only upscaled in admission consideration, the uni you do it at will give you preference.
>>
>>69327809
In the US, ALL employment growth since 2000 has went to immigrants. Companies would rather hire foreigners than hire their own countrymen.

http://cis.org/all-employment-growth-since-2000-went-to-immigrants
>>
>>69328002
>Implying spreadsheets can't just automate that shit.
http://www.accountantsdaily.com.au/latest-news/17-news/8188-accounting-jobs-most-at-risk-from-automation-warns-pwc
>>
kek

I was neet until 26, got a job in accounting, gonna be back to university this year at 30 for an accounting degree. I already earn more than 70% poles do.

I kind of agree with her though - only go back to university as a side-gig to a job which by 30 you really NEED to have. You literally need to pick a career right now.

Go for something corporate (McDonalds is not "corporate" just so you know, its only a corporate job if you sit in an office at the computer all day) as contrary to what people think there are plenty of office jobs for no-degree people and once you're in and not retarded they will promote you.

Its easier in poland though since everyone and their mother outsources shit here, though we earn far less its easier to get a decent job here.
>>
>>69320666
CENTRELINK 666

She's telling you to work because she'll get a huge payout if you stay on the job for 6 months.

Cut off all communication with your job seeker and deal with centrelink directly, since you uni now.
>>
>>69328402
>http://www.accountantsdaily.com.au/latest-news/17-news/8188-accounting-jobs-most-at-risk-from-automation-warns-pwc

Must be why PwC is expanding their operations here, renting office space and hiring like crazy, they're really scared of automation kek
>>
>>69320666
should have said "because i care about my future unlike you"

couldnt even get through to these cunts today
>>
>do uni a few years getting centrelink money
>get jaded, do it parttime for a bit, then go back to fulltime after doing some other stuff
>centrelink says no more money, get a fucking job
>okay.jpg

Still haven't found one. I gave up on them when they kept telling me to go work at mcdonalds because I "looked like a teenager".
>>
>>69320666

Don't listen to her. I originally dropped out of a law degree after high school, fucked around, partied and worked in bars until I was 27 and then went back to uni and studied pahysics and astrophysics. Graduated when I was 31.

Granted, you'll have to start at the bottom rung same as everyone else when you first enter the job market but the one huge advantage you have over someone who's 22 or 23 is that you're not fucking 22 or 23 - by the time you're 30, your fucking head should be screwed on straight and you sell that as an advantage. Maturity, self-confidence, composure etc.
>>
>>69321464
Why wouldn't it be? Can Aussies not make private contracts?
>>
>>69321842
This OP. Do a language minor at least, it puts you way way ahead of other grads.
>Unemployed grad here
>>
>>69320666
I hire at a Major supermarket. If you have a uni degree and are white I'm not allowed to hire you.
>>
>>69329379
what, why?
>>
>>69329406
I'm talking bull shit. I just notice that my local supermarkets are getting fill with curry munchers and rag heads.
>>
>>69327809
Degree counts everywhere, stop shitposting so much and make connections. Learn another language, that is huge fucking plus. Yes you have to start from rock bottom but if you realm want to you can rise above you current situation. I did a lot of shit tier jobs just to get trough it and if you think degree means nothing there you can probably wipe your ass with it in my country especially.
>>
>>69329632
>degree counts everywhere

It only counts after you have years of experience in something, otherwise it's a worthless piece of paper which won't get you into anything.

>learn another language

Pointless. German or French wouldn't help someone here because we can't work in the EU and the non-white languages are pointless because they only hire their own.

>you have to start from the bottom

We don't have the bottom here. That was outsourced years ago. The job market begins at 3 years of relevant experience for a junior role here with huge amounts of competition because anyone can turn up here and get work visa.

It's common sense to grow your career, the problem is that all those avenues for growth are gone here.
>>
>>69321842
>Hey OP just learn one of the hardest languages for English speaking people!

Why not tell him to just do engineering?
>>
>>69330010
it's just better to have a portfolio of your work whatever it is
and learn mandarin
>>
They get a bonus for employing people, getting you to study results in them not having a bonus
>>
>>69330010
Well outsourcing I can understand. I did some of these jobs too. I didn't knew that you can't work in EU for whatever reason. Then again if it doesn't work for you there, Nips always looking for English teachers, hell even i did that and i have russian accent on my foreign languages. What about UK or US?
>>
>>69330010
>We don't have the bottom here. That was outsourced years ago. The job market begins at 3 years of relevant experience for a junior role here with huge amounts of competition because anyone can turn up here and get work visa.

Are you saying companies in Oz don't have grad programs?

Because I'm pretty sure that's horseshit.
>>
>>69320666
Claim the disabilty pension, Man
>>
University is an investment, and the longer you take to finish your degree the less return on your investment you receive. Past a certain point it's just not worth it.

But if you're on Neetbux already it doesn't matter, it's another 4 years of free ride (hard work tho if you're doing a real degree). For employed adults part-time study is a shitton of work on top of their actual work.
>>
>>69330267
>portfolio

No one cares. Either you have experience or your application goes in the trash. You are employed to do a job, not to show someone you have the 'potential' to do a job.

Short sighted, stupid thinking? Of course, but you'd expect nothing less from Generation X and the Boomers here.

>mandarin

This meme. The Chinese aren't going to hire us and those who want a Chinese speaker will hire a native, there are enough of them here.

You'd be better off learning something left field if you want to use that angle, but it's a lot of work for nothing in reality.

>>69330431
>japs are looking for english teachers

It's a job, not a career. It doesn't lead to anything when you come home.

>what about uk and us

The UK cucks us. They shut the door on us working there recently but they can still come here and they do in HUGE numbers.

The US is only interested in us if we have like 10+ years experience in something in demand over there.

We're pretty much fucked here.
>>
Major in HR and ride the feels train straight to a comfy middle-class life of mediocrity and simple pleasures, anon.

If you can't beat them, join them.
>>
>>69330821
>They shut the door on us working there recently but they can still come here and they do in HUGE numbers.

That's because your country has a skills shortage. That's not our fault. You basically beg people to come.
>>
>>69330578
>grad programs

You mean those 3 or 4 positions for all eligible degrees at the Undergrad or Postgrad level nationwide?

Great chances getting a job there, lol.
>>
>>69330659
lol. That's impossible. I look too much of a normie. Keyword: LOOK.

I'm tall, attractive, /fit/, lean and muscular, and have a nice tanned complexion and decent social skills. I literally exude normie without even trying. Plus I have all those years worked up in a trade already. The only way I could pull of getting a disability is if I stopped going outside, stopped lifting, and became bed-bound and stopped grooming myself.

I've started Uni now, so whatever. We'll see what happens.
>>
>>69330010
>"all my life experience comes vicariously through the internet"

This isn't America you dumb fuck. Jobs growth is steadily on the rise and rural areas are crying out for skilled professionals. QQ more, but all your problems are your own.
>>
>>69321646
this.
Cyber Security is needed, and Australia is really behind in terms of cyberwarfare capabilities.
>>
>>69320666
It's basically an instinctual reaction whereby women shame men for not being a provider for a woman.
>>
Who here work for supermarket getting that sweet $22/hr?
>>
>>69320666

>listening to the opinion of a centreshit employee

She works at fucking Centrelink dude, let it go. You've already won.
>>
>>69330918
>skills shortage

You mean companies haven't trained anyone for years and they are now filling the skills shortage they created with the same problem that created the skills shortage initially?

Why do you plan kids and a family here, though? They'll get fucked by the same system you benefited from here. At least you'll fit the boomer's shoes well here, fuck everyone for your own sake then blame everyone else for the mess you created.

>>69330976
>jobs growth is on the rise

Go on Seek and tell me how many jobs there are for 0/1 year of experience.

>skilled professionals

Someone has to employ you and train you to become that. No one is doing that.

>qq more

I have foreign citizenship and I'll probably leave when I'm done with University here because there is nothing on the other side. I can just see the disaster unfolding here and sadly Australians are just Australians, instead of doing something to fix it or even acknowledging the problem exists it's the haves and the have nots and telling someone to suck it up.

How sad.
>>
>>69331328
Where at?
>>
>>69329406

he may jest, but people don't want to hire overqualified workers, especially working in a supermarket
>>
>>69320666
Someone has to pay taxes so the old can live in comfort. Don't fall for the meme.
>>
>>69331485
>Go on Seek
Why the fuck would anyone ever do this ever? That's not how you get a job you stupid bastard.

>Someone has to employ you and train you to become that. No one is doing that.
Uni is free. Go to uni.

>I have foreign citizenship and I'll probably leave when I'm done with University
Enjoy having your foreign earnings seized to pay us back you dopey cunt. I hope that reform gets through just for people like you.

>acknowledging the problem
What fucking problem? EVERY statistic shows that you are a sad cunt and the economy is doing better now than it has been for the last five years. You just have no fucking perspective and think that the shit that applies to America applies to Australia because you haven't grasped we're different fucking countries and don't pay any attention to domestic politics because you are a waste of fucking flesh.

Go ahead, make some retarded out of touch condescending remark about how I just don't "get it" like you, the edgy early twenties uni student does.

And for the record there are 983 entry level graduate positions open for HR Majors on Seek.com.
>>
>>69331672
Woolworths in Perth.
>>
>>69330976
>Yfw we are losing well paying full-time jobs and only creating low paying retail part-time and casual jobs.

Yeah nah cunt we are fucked in the long run. We are pissing away good jobs and getting shitty jobs in return.
>>
>>69331770
Mikie from Armidale???
>>
>>69331769
>that's not how to get a job

What do you do? Apply for graduate positions. I think I already addressed that in this thread.

>uni is free
>foreign earnings seized

It hasn't got through and I doubt I'd ever need to return if I made my career somewhere else, so they'd never get that money back.

>australia isn't america

You are completely right. In America, they actually value their own people and don't put foreigners first. Here it's the opposite.

>don't pay attention to domestic politics

They want to lower the HECS repayment levels after flooding the market with graduates and deregulating the system. They are also going to spend a fortune chasing people overseas for their money instead of forgiving debts which will never be paid back and they want to deregulate Universities so you get a worthless education for a massive amount of money.

The mining boom is dead and we are now trying to reboot the economy on an 'ideas' boom which is giving money to companies like Atlassian who hire a handful of people here and fill their companies with 457s.

Everything is banned here and the government looks like they are going to ban even more things to give the bureaucrats something to do.

>the economy is doing better than the last 5 years

How? 5 years ago the commodities price wasn't in the toilet.

>983 on seek

I'd wager that most of those positions would require previous, relevant work experience and a relevant degree. If they actually exist at all.

We are obviously going to agree to disagree here.

I accept that life is great for you here. You probably were allowed to do well at University and now you have some job that you believe you earned with the trimmings of that life to go with it. You think it's just so easy and that if someone can't have your life then they are a loser. I get it.

If anyone needs a reality check, it's you.
>>
>>69332574
>What do you do?
internship --> connections --> job offer before even finishing degree
It's not hard. I was hired 12 months before I graduated.

>In America, they actually value their own people and don't put foreigners first.
Donald Trump is running on a platform criticising the American government for doing exactly that. Are you blind?

>5 years ago the commodities price wasn't in the toilet.
>he fell for the mining industry propaganda
The mining industry is about 2-7% of the Australian economy. Services are something like 80%. We don't need mining. The mining sector employs ~40,000 people, and that includes hotel staff who work in hotels used by fly-in fly-out workers. Look it up, it's all true.

>muh university deregulation
Scrapped, but comprehensive reform to university is important to maintain a long-term competitive edge. That doesn't mean Australia doesn't still have one of the best tertiary education programs in the world, and some of the best universities.

>Everything is banned here and the government looks like they are going to ban even more things to give the bureaucrats something to do.
>"WAAAAH I WANT GUNS"

>I'd wager that most of those positions would require previous, relevant work experience
They're all under 70k annually, and the average salary for a HR major straight out of Uni is ~60k. None of those jobs are unreachable for a fresh-faced graduate.

>and a relevant degree
About half probably don't even require that. HR is not a hard field to get into. You would likely need experience without a degree though. They are called graduate positions for a reason.

>I accept that life is great for you here. You did well at University and now you have some job that you outcompeted losers for with the trimmings of that life to go with it. It was easy for you because you aren't a dumb cunt if someone can't have your life then they are a loser.
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>69320666
Fucking Centrelink man. Pathetic. It took me 3 weeks to set up my fucking Youth Allowance because they're that fucking incompetent and can't find files I uploaded to my account and so I have to wait like another probably 2 weeks for my first payment to come through. Its been backed up since fucking like January 17th

I should be scheduled anywhere from 240-300 bucks a fortnight. If I don't get payed out ATLEAST 1200 dollars I'm going to fucking shit my pants.
>>
>>69333258
Damn nigger you don't know wtf you are talking about when it comes to mining.

>We don't need mining. The mining sector employs ~40,000 people

Across the nation mining employs 187,400 people directly, and a further 599,680 in support industries.

Over half of our total exports are from mining m8. Mining is the strongest part of our economy now that manufacturing is almost in the single digits as a percentage of our economy.

>Muh service jobs.

Yeah service jobs are good but you can't run an economy off of the service and retail industries. You need manufacturing and exports.

>HR is not a hard field to get into.

Yeah it's not that hard if you are a 120kg middle aged woman but good luck if you are a man.
>>
File: too cool to lose small.jpg (142 KB, 664x931) Image search: [Google]
too cool to lose small.jpg
142 KB, 664x931
>>69333852
My mistake, 40,000 is how many jobs the mining industry is going to lose over the next year.

It is, however, the 18th largest employer by industry, out of 19 categories that the ABS uses. So second-to-last in terms of size, outclassed by fucking arts and recreation. Not exactly the main driver of our economy.

>Mining is the strongest part of our economy
Probably. It's also a fucking tiny part.

>Over half of our total exports are from mining m8
And seeing as how we barely tax any of this because of "muh nonexistent mining jobs that taxes will cruuuuush" it still contributes a pathetic 800 million in 2013, when it was considerably stronger than it is this year, to a total government spend of 732 BILLION in 2013.

The "mining industry" is a fucking lie. Mining has never been more irrelevant to Australia than it is today.

>Yeah service jobs are good but you can't run an economy off of the service and retail industries
That's literally what Australia is doing right now. One of our most profitable exports in terms of revenue is actually education.

>Yeah it's not that hard if you are a 120kg middle aged woman but good luck if you are a man.
You don't need luck if you've got skills, loser ;^)
>>
>>69333258
>internship

Nepotism in other words.

>donald trump is running on that platform

This isn't Facebook. Don't shoehorn your argument into something completely unrelated.

The Americans put their own first. I can't just turn up in America and get a Green Card or even a H1B without being more or less an expert in my field.

>we don't need mining or primary industry
>we can rely on services to prop up the economy

I'm not surprised you are one of these kinds.

>long term competitive edge
>best education

Competitive edge? Most of the reason the Universities wanted fee deregulation is because they only subsist on government grants and student fees for their research.

The Universities here are nothing more than a degree mill for the youth of Asia who are too dumb to go to America or the UK. Ask any middle class Singaporean, they'll tell you about their stupid classmate who came to Australia and left with an Honours Class 1.

>i want guns

I actually want the freedom to be an adult in this country. I don't need a curfew or to be told what I can and can't do or own.

>hr is not a hard field to get into

Aren't HR the same people who introduce the arbitrary 1/2+ year experience caps? I'd imagine that would be one of the hardest fields to get into as they are the source of most of the problems for graduates here.

I'm happy that the system works so well for you so I can leave an never deal with people like you again. You are a very special kind of person who I've only encountered in this country. There are a lot of people here who could exist anywhere on the planet, but you with your personality is probably the only unique thing about the Australian people.
>>
>>69334480
>internships are nepotism
1. Apply for an internship while at uni.
2. Get one because you've got good grades and have a part-time job
3. Impress your boss by working hard and doing well
4. Get offered a graduate position at the end of the internship commencing after your graduation
5. Enter the workforce as a full-time wage slave and enjoy middle class mediocrity indefinitely like your father did before you
6. Achieve the Australian dream of owning your first mortgage
7. Die unfulfilled
It's not hard. 20 million Australians are doing it right now.

>I can't just turn up in America and get a Green Card or even a H1B without being more or less an expert in my field.
You can turn up on the border as an illegal and get whatever you want, though. Stop being so fucking obtuse. Australia's immigration policy is far stricter than America's because of the simply fact that it doesn't just let you turn up.

>I'm not surprised you are one of these kinds.
Considering 82% of our economy is services, and services are not automatically impossible to export, I think we're literally already relying on services to prop up our economy.

>Most of the reason the Universities wanted fee deregulation is because they only subsist on government grants and student fees for their research.
Correct. That and international students.

>The Universities here are nothing more than a degree mill for the youth of Asia who are too dumb to go to America or the UK
Wow, it's almost as if we're exporting a service at immense profit! Shock! Horror!

>I actually want the freedom to be an adult in this country.
The more you post the more it becomes apparent that you shouldn't even be trusted with a crayon, let alone the privilege of voting.

>I'd imagine
Stop imagining and start actually paying attention to facts and statistics. If life in Australia is so shit why do the statistics show that pretty much only you, and a small minority, are failing at it?
>>
>>69334427
>My mistake, 40,000 is how many jobs the mining industry is going to lose over the next year.

Wanna give us a source on that m8? Yes the industry is doing it quite tough at the moment but the industry shedding that many jobs seems quite ridiculous.

>Probably. It's also a fucking tiny part.

Yes overall it's not that much but if you look at states and territories like WA and the NT, almost half of their entire economy is mining.

>And seeing as how we barely tax any of this because of "muh nonexistent mining jobs that taxes will cruuuuush" it still contributes a pathetic 800 million in 2013, when it was considerably stronger than it is this year, to a total government spend of 732 BILLION in 2013.

I wish we could tax the industry more, i really do and i say this as someone who works in it but the truth is, we need to stay competitive with the rest of the world. Not so long ago we could have taxed the industry higher but now with the massive increase of the mining industry in places like Mongolia and Africa, we cannot afford to do so. If we do, companies will simply shut down the production on sites in Australia until it becomes viable to start again.

>You don't need luck if you've got skills, loser ;^)

Oh fuck off idiot. HR is for fucking middle aged women. Get out in the workshop on the tools like a real man cunt.
>>
>>69330989
I work in the HR div. of one of the two big grocery chains in Aus and can confirm that if you're good at cyber-security you can basically ask for whatever pay you want.
>>
>>69329379
kek, you in bris m8? I might work with you.
>>
>>69334976
http://www.businessinsider.com.au/anz-the-unwind-in-australian-mining-sector-employment-is-just-getting-started-2015-11

40,000 over 'two years' (end of 2015 + 2016).

>Yes overall it's not that much but if you look at states and territories like WA and the NT, almost half of their entire economy is mining.
Agreed, and Australia has always teetered on the verge of being a banana republic whose economy depends on one thing and one thing only which, if it falls over, will knock over the entire country. WA and NT have suffered from this more than everyone else because of how relatively underdeveloped those states are compared to the East Coast. SA is less exposed.

>I wish we could tax the industry more
The thing is that we can theoretically tax them at any amount of money so long as they make $1 of profit and they will still invest.

The problem is obviously competition. If they expect a larger return in Mongolia than Australia they will invest there. We need to lure them here. But now the investment boom is over and we're moving into a different phase of the boom (construction/investment --> production). Now that the mines and factories are here they can't just close them down and move them overseas. So long as they make $1 of profit they will keep the mines open because they have _already_ built them and made the investment. There is no competition involved anymore. They cannot relocate their mines. We can absolutely gut them until they make next to no money and they will stay open because something, no matter how small, is better than nothing.

This is the general theory. Obviously it doesn't exactly translate, but the moral of the story is that they won't build here anyway because the investment phase has finished, but they won't close down until they start to lose money so we can tax _all_ of their profits from now until the next investment boom is viable for Australia.

HR is for people who want stable middle-class life in an easy position..
>>
>>69320666

>that logo cost 2.5m

:^)
>>
>>69321116
yeah my cousin was making 30k a month at one point in his trade at age 26. He was helping manage the business though.
>>
>>69334865
>internship
>good grades
>part time job

Have you even been to a University here?

The International students dominate the top end of the bell curve because the Universities cannot flunk them and they have years of fully worked past papers and assignments which the Universities only change slightly. Maybe domestic students have a shot at getting decent grades if they do a postgrad coursework degree because there are far fewer people in the courses, but that's more years and now they are overqualified for entry level jobs.

Part time work? Hopefully you started working at 16 otherwise you can't work in fast food or retail as you are now the same age as the managers there.

>far stricter

457s and bridging visas from education, etc. We might be harder on illegals, but we are getting rorted in reality.

>services can't be exported

You can't be this naive with such a strong opinion.

>we're exporting a service for profit

We've also pandered to the consumers completely and destroyed the value in it for the people who need to use it. Sooner or later the internationals will realise that they are getting crap and will stop coming.

>the more you post

I don't think you'd trust anyone with anything. You seem like someone who wants the nanny state rather than it being forced on you.

>if life in australia is so shit why do statistics

I don't know what statistics you are looking at, but the facts are that youth unemployment is up and most people are living on credit.
>>
>>69335573

le governmental bureaucracy face
>>
>>69327099
Nah, OP'd be in a good position (as long as he's got some decent experience). As an older applicant (though hardly over the hill), he'd have a bit more life experience and he's less likely to switch jobs = good investment for the company.
>>
File: who cares wins.jpg (297 KB, 500x640) Image search: [Google]
who cares wins.jpg
297 KB, 500x640
>>69335759
>The International students
The ones who don't apply for domestic internships because they can't stay in Australia after finishing their degrees/don't want to?

Those ones?

>domestic students literally cannot get good grades
Not all courses are graded on a bell curve. In fact, none of the real courses are.

>Part time work? Hopefully you started working at 16 otherwise you can't work in fast food or retail as you are now the same age as the managers there.
Then work in manual labour, because they sure as fuck don't take 16 year olds to move couches and bookshelves for little old ladies who are moving house. No experience required to lift heavy things.

>We've also pandered to the consumers completely and destroyed the value in it for the people who need to use it. Sooner or later the internationals will realise that they are getting crap and will stop coming.
Yep, and government regulation is required to prevent universities from destroying the value of education by treating it like a market and not a public good, and to defend the national interest in our economy. Just like every other sector.

>I don't think you'd trust anyone with anything
I'd trust myself with running your life.

>youth unemployment is up
Down* from the highs of the last few years and job openings are skyrocketing.

>most people are living on credit.
I will enjoy watching them crash and burn.
>>
File: 1456815970155.jpg (176 KB, 960x777) Image search: [Google]
1456815970155.jpg
176 KB, 960x777
>>69335823
>>
>>69320666
>going to uni
>not RPL your skills that you already have to achieve a possible diploma
>not getting a TAE certification
>not teaching the shit you already know
>not getting big bucks per student

Cunt do you even use your brain?
>>
>>69336210
>the ones who don't apply for domestic internships

A lot of them can and do, actually. The restrictions regarding PR, Citizenship and Working Rights aren't as iron clad as they used to be.

>Not all courses are graded on a bell curve. In fact, none of the real courses are.

Uh. Every course at every Go8 Uni is marked on a bell curve. Even the way that Unis cut their numbers coming into honours is based on a bell curve. The bell curve is everything in the academic world.

>work in manual labour

If you are working to survive, sure. If you are working to get relevant work experience to get you an internship, then it's pointless.

>government regulation is required

The Universities are pretty much eroded already. They wouldn't be saving anything of value. Also, as you wrote previously, they are so profitable that turning off the flow of money would sink them in the rankings, which is the only thing the mostly foreign academics care about.

>I'd trust myself with running your life.

I'll pass.

>i will enjoy watching them crash and burn

You don't have a mortgage or car loans?
>>
>>69320666
Just go uni and fuck this country.

I finish a mathematics degree and can't a job. Turn down the option of a phd to go into teaching.. Find out that half my class mates are curry niggers, asians and whatever else... I can't believe I still have to compete with these fucking people for jobs.

OP just join the military and do a non-combat role.
>>
>>69336410
>TAE certification
>teaching shit you already know
explain these words of wisdom cunt
>>
>>69336935
>Every course at every Go8 Uni is marked on a bell curve
Source. I remember most of my courses weren't. Unless things have changed radically recently I call bullshit.

>relevant work experience to get you an internship
You do not need relevant work experience. That's why it's called an internship. It helps to have some work experience in any job to show that you can turn up to a place on time for months at a time and not sexually assault people and get fired etc. etc. but it's definitely not required. I know two graduates whose first jobs were full-time and paid 60k annually straight out of uni. Never worked a day in their life prior to that.

>The Universities are pretty much eroded already.
This simply isn't true. Australian universities perform very well, regularly within the top 150 (when you consider how many universities there are in the world that's a good result, especially considering Australian universities must do research as well as teach by law). They are going to shit, but they definitely aren't shit yet.

>You don't have a mortgage or car loans?
Still driving my first car which I bought for 12 grand that I earned myself, and I rent.

Mortgages are a perfectly acceptable form of debt provided they are within your means. Shelter is not a luxury item and renting is even dumber than borrowing.
>>
>>69337669

Which city are you in to secure an internship at?

>This simply isn't true. Australian universities perform very well

We use to be a lot better, so technically we have eroded. ANU comes to mind mostly though, ever since they started to accept undergrads.
>>
>>69321280
Holy fucking shit lad I'm already doing this exact thing?
>>
>>69338138
>Which city are you in to secure an internship at?
Brisvegas, capital of the world.

>We use to be a lot better, so technically we have eroded
Yes and no. Some universities are doing better, others have gotten a lot worse. But yes, there is a downward trend that we can see beginning.
>>
>>69331770
name begins with j?
>>
>>69337669
>source

Go to the grading page of any Go8 Uni.

What degree did you do where there wasn't a bell curve? I should have gone there. I could have actually got a good job after Uni. haha.

>you do not need relevant work experience to apply for an internship

Sure, but your odds of getting one without something relevant outside of your studies is almost nil.

>regularly within the top 150

That's research output. We buy foreign academics then feed them with international student's money and government grants.

As a machine for producing domestic researchers, we are terrible.
>>
>>69320666

>I've already worked off and on in the trades and it's not something I want to do for the rest of my life. My father worked a trade and doesn't have much to show for it besides a rekt body, while at the same time, my fathers brother, went the white collar route, and is still casually working in his 70s in a comfy office job, while my dad had to retire early at 60 due to having a fucked up body.

Truth.
>>
File: centrelink_bottle_o.jpg (40 KB, 308x408) Image search: [Google]
centrelink_bottle_o.jpg
40 KB, 308x408
>>69320666
Are you really surprised that the woman whose job is administering the welfare state prefers for you to relax and open up your balls and make more patrons for the welfare state now instead of trying to improve your position first?
>>
File: baby-crying1.jpg (128 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
baby-crying1.jpg
128 KB, 425x282
Pic is deadbeat OP.
>>
File: im_a_fucken_white_dog.jpg (204 KB, 1180x787) Image search: [Google]
im_a_fucken_white_dog.jpg
204 KB, 1180x787
>>69337500
The first thing you should do is find a reputable RTO. Not one of the centrelink ones, they will not help you. They get grant money for every person they put into any of their courses, don't give them that paycheck. It may cost you so if you can you may have to save as much as you can (300-700 buck depending on who you go to) and give them your entire work history. If you have done trades work you will have to sit a theory and show them some prac and if you tick off all the boxes you can fast track a diploma in whatever is relevant to your skills. After this you will need to acquire a CERT IV in Training and Assessing. This will qualify to RPL other people in the industry to get a qualification. There are a lot of tradies out there who are not REALLY qualified. To recieve certain insurance YOU can be the trainer that ticks the boxes for them and gets them the quals they need keep working legally. Saying this once you have done the job for long enough you can automatically go for the V.C.E highschool jobs. If a high school does not have someone with a relevant training and assessing certification that school cannot teach trade subject to their year 11 and 12 students. You could start by just signing off on language and numeracy/OHS certificates for retards going into kitchen jobs. It may cost you to start this, so have some funds in the bank.
>>
>>69338473
>Go to the grading page of any Go8 Uni.
Why don't you take me there, because I can't find anything referencing scaling or bell curves on the UQ website. I can find scaling to determine how many passing students get HD, D, C, or P, but everything I find affirms that failed students are not accounted for in scaling and there is a minimum absolute standard for a pass.

When I went through uni every course had discretion to determine its own assessment for itself.

>Sure, but your odds of getting one without something relevant outside of your studies is almost nil.
This simply isn't true. Far more people get internships than could possibly have relevant experience. If you thought about it for five seconds you'd realise that it's literally impossible for every single person working in an industry to have already worked in the industry. Yes, if you want to apply for senior positions then experience is required, but entry level jobs exist. I can find 1,200 HR jobs on Seek.com with annual salaries under 70k. Every single one of those positions can be filled by a graduate candidate with no relevant experience. For the higher end of those salaries it may take a bit of stars aligning, but simply having a degree, even without experience, will put you far ahead of most HR applicants anyway. Most people who work in entry-level HR roles are not university graduates.

>We buy foreign academics then feed them with international student's money and government grants.
Australia, a tiny irrelevant pimple on the ass end of the world, is poaching academics from American and British universities? Give me a break. We are the one who gets poached my friend. The brain drain is real, and Australia has always been the loser. New Zealand goes to Australia goes to Britain and the US.
>>
File: photo.jpg (322 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
322 KB, 2048x1536
Just worked out my pay this fortnight $3700 before tax, I lose a full fucking grand to tax.

Fucked.
>>
File: Hicks.png (408 KB, 501x639) Image search: [Google]
Hicks.png
408 KB, 501x639
>>69339185
That is absolutely fucked!! You blokes in uniform deserve to be tax free for sure. The fucking reservist get tax free pay... fucking weekend soldiers.
>>
>>69339185
what do you do?
>>
>>69338265

yeah explains my situation of not finding an apprenticeship (adelaide) here.

>>69338473
Majority of our researchers produced here who aren't from one of the better universities here are not being poached.
>>
File: Evacuate.gif (3 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
Evacuate.gif
3 KB, 160x160
>>69339473
>Adelaide
>>
>>69339140
>why don't you take me there

Here is one for UNSW:

https://student.unsw.edu.au/grades-comparison-of-grading-systems

I'm sure that similar systems exist for the others.

>uq has no bell curve

Explains why so many of you could actually get Graduate Program positions and scholarships for further study. Maybe tertiary education isn't career suicide up there.

>hr internships

I'll take your word for it and concede the point. It's probably just Sydney which is a hellhole when it comes to starting your career.

>irrelevant pimple

These people aren't exactly stars in their fields, but with enough money for the newest gadgets for research you can get into any journal and have people citing your work.
>>
File: Full Retard.jpg (39 KB, 450x373) Image search: [Google]
Full Retard.jpg
39 KB, 450x373
>>69322251
Evidence or STFU
>>
>>69321280
Criminology is the meme degree.
Get something that pays well and employs graduates.
>>
>>69339757
I'll trust your knowledge of your uni more than my shoddy research, but at least for UQ I could probably count on one hand the courses I did that scaled the entire grading process. I think a fair few scaled, but only for students who passed (i.e. 10% of students who pass get a HD, not 10% of students get a HD).

UQ is generally a pretty good uni, but it does tend to get monstered by a lot of NSW institutions. Fortunately it also avoids the yellow menace.

>It's probably just Sydney which is a hellhole when it comes to starting your career.
HR is good everywhere because every organisation has HR and a degree overqualifies you just enough to stand out but not so much as to be undesirable. But yeah, you have to go where the jobs are sadly.

>These people aren't exactly stars in their fields, but with enough money for the newest gadgets for research you can get into any journal and have people citing your work.
Potentially, but Australian degrees are well-respected internationally. That's why they're sought after buy the brownies and asians.

Anyway, I think I've been here long enough tonight. Goodnight, and good luck with your studies.
>>
File: 1457768413014.gif (1 MB, 197x199) Image search: [Google]
1457768413014.gif
1 MB, 197x199
>be 27
>see this thread
>want to get into security agencies because everybody I know tells me I'm "smart"

Well I was seriously ill between the ages of 19-25 and that's pissed me off.

Guess I'll study for a degree and graduate at 30 something and if I don't get a job by 40 an hero.

I don't care.

After all, you know 4 years down the road you'll say "if I did my degree I'd be graduating now".
>>
File: K_approaches_the_pussy.gif (2 MB, 345x199) Image search: [Google]
K_approaches_the_pussy.gif
2 MB, 345x199
>>69321280
Counter-terrorism?
>>
>>69335109
Not OP but this why I going back to do a post grad in that.
>>
>>69320666
>Why wouldn't I just go to university now to get some decent qualifications to at least have a CHANCE at getting a decent job

any job that can be done from a desk will be outsourced. get a trade, HVAC will pay or go into nursing, police as you say.
>>
>>69321005
This. Don't ever trust social workers or anyone that remotely resembles them.
>>
>>69320666
hello satan bro.
they get paid money if you get a job. doesnt matter if they helped you or you got it yourself. going to university means you wont get any money for them.
>>
>>69330943
You can just yell at them. You don't have to be physically disabled.
>>
>>69335109
How? Where does that come into a grocery chain?
>>
>>69332574
>You probably were allowed to do well at University
>Allowed

Man, what a sad sack of shit you are.
>>
>>69330976
>rural areas
>crying out for skilled professionals
like what?

>>69332574
>atlassian
it's a secure github amirite?

you've right about the regulation
>just want to be a market farmer after learning all the skills i needed growing dope in my teenage years
>fucking licenses out the ass to be a primary food producer
>meanwhile importing poo berries that give you hepatitus because chinks wipe shit on berries.

I wish university was full of intelligent people. it isnt. it's just there to teach the basic ethnomethodological framework to noobs so they can go on and learn all the shitty practices and never improve their field.

>>69333258
just how far do you think 60k$ goes in australia?

>>69335759
>paying diesel mechanics 20$/h in darwin mines
>>
>>69341293
trade or university, 99% of jobs you are just learning the rules of the trade and applying them. spacing between pipes, allowable tax offsets. what you cannot do and how it should be done because this is the way its always been done.

there are a handful of creative jobs or you can literally become the automated machine.
>>
>>69339569

c-ch-cheers
>>
>>69322034
>too late to go to uni
Wow Ausfailia really has been cucked by the University business.
>>
>>69321116
Im going to go into car mechanics
With the car lifts and air wrenches
Any neet who can build a pc can fix a car with modern mechanic tools
>>
>>69345657
He is talking out of his ass m8. I just started uni this year at 29 part-time while working full time and I'm one of the youngest. Most are 25-40 years old.
>>
>>69328002
My counsin is an accountant he makes good money he makes over $65,000 a year and has a wife kids a house and two cars.

Theres still demand for white male accountants in america
>>
>>69345905

I think OP was saying that he's just going to go to university full time - and it really is too late for that at 29

part time though its okay and a great way to improve your job perspectives
>>
>>69320666
Your job that "provides a future" belongs to the immigrants now. As >>69322251 said, they get a nice juicy bonus for hiring white womyn and browns. Surely you understand it's nothing personal.
>>
>>69346161

I find learning and achieving more academic qualifications really fun. It's like levelling up skills in a video game that you don't really use but might eventually use. I decided to stop playing MMORPGs and put that effort into getting RL achievements like degrees in multiple fields, just for the fun of it. Better than wasting all that time on video games :-)
>>
lel are you me?

>26
>applying to get BIT, majoring in network security
>better than nothing, probably not smart enough for comp sci
>$4k all up
>just want to get a semi-good job that pays well enough to live a mediocre middle class life

like people said, it's what you make of it. you can start out somewhere but once you have your foot in the door, if you play the game right you can end up doing well. my uncle is basically proof of that. cunt dropped out of school and ended up digging ditches, now he's a consultant in Melbourne making mega bucks. Them ditches must be hard to dig or something.
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.