[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dying Malls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
File: mall2.png (599 KB, 770x514) Image search: [Google]
mall2.png
599 KB, 770x514
Why is the American mall dying? Some say nearly half of shopping malls will close down during the next 20 years.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/what-the-death-of-the-american-mall-means-for-investors-2015-11-19

deadmalls.com
>>
>>69191578
>>
File: 175.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
175.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>69191578
here is a pic taken inside my local mall, which has been abandoned since 2008
>>
>>69191578
Online retail
>>
>>69191578
Online shopping.

And scumbags/tweens just go to the mall to cause trouble.
>>
Where else am I supposed to hit on 16 year olds in yoga pants?
>>
>>69191578
>>69191665
>>69191812
is this a fetish
>>
>>69191969

Starbucks.
>>
>>69191578
I know this is going to sound like a meme reply but literally niggers. Niggers go to the mall to 'chill' which causes a lot of fucking problems from shoplifting to robbery to fights. There are two malls here in Columbus that used to be quite successful until they were literally overrun by niggers. For those of you familiar, you might remember the time 18 years ago when Northland mall was actually a nice place to shop, before the projects got built down there. You might also remember the bustling hub of commerce in downtown columbus that was city center mall. You might also remember the multiple shootings that took place on the escalators at city center when rival gangs squared off inside the shopping mall shortly before the whole fucking thing was shuttered and gentrified to make way for the 'open space' we have now.
>>
>>69191812
See that marble.
It's worth a fortune.
Just saying
>>
>>69192141
You do realize it's probably plastic painted to look like marble right?

There's only a finite amount of marble in the world. Do you think it would be wasted on some pleb mall in flyover country?
>>
>>69191578

1. Probably because shit is so expensive.

2. When I was a teenager we used to go to malls to hang out. Hang out at the arcade and food court. Since Facebook and social media has come about people don't interact anymore, so now malls are used exclusively for shopping.

3. Amazon has made things easier
>>
File: IMG_4130.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4130.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>69191578
I came to the conclusion that it is a mix of factors, with online shopping being the largest. The people also have little care for the luxury aspect of shopping, drawing them to Bland, Big-box stores like Target and WallMart.
>>
Will be amazing shooting ranges, with gelatin zombies...
>>
Collapsing economy and move toward internet-based economy.

The malls near me really started to head south after the housing bubble burst and people weren't that interested in shopping as much as before.
>>
Internet shopping.
>>
>>69192217
This, Amazon is the mall and big box store killer.
>>
>>69192141
provided its actual marble, its probably a type of veneer.
>>
>>69191578
Because some malls are full of retarded stores that nobody wants to go to.
>>
>>69192207
Thinks marbled plastic cover is real
GG bud
>>
>>69192207
That's not plastic.
That is marble or possibly granite.
It's the type of thing that if it were removed people would take months to notice it's gone if at all
>>
You all are missing the most crucial reason.

People are becoming less social. It's that simple.

In the 90s, you went to the mall after school to hang out with your friends.
Now millennials just text each other and try to avoid all possible human contact.
>>
People would rather buy things cheaper somewhere else. Malls became popular because of how cheap it was to buy there and now different ways have been discovered to cut costs and make products cheaper in different ways. That's capitalism.
>>
>>69191578

Which mall is this?

>Buy the mall
>remove the Glass
>Higher people to play zombies
>Rent paintball guns out to people
>Zombie Apocalypse Mall.
>>
>>69191899

The last few times I have been to my local malls, it has been NOTHING but niggers and Hindus
>>
>>69192369
FLAG
Obvious plastic is plastic
>>
I have Amazon Prime, and I feel ripped off buying from stores.

I still buy clothes from stores though, but like little things and electronics mostly Amazon. I also shop frequently at Wal-Mart and occasionally at Costco.
>>
>>69191578
All the malls near me that shut down were taken over by niggers and mexicans.
>>
>>69192462
Where do you live?
>>
Malls are dying because they're a poor business model. I stopped going once my local shopping mall became nothing but minorities and annoying children.

>>69192369
>ayy bruh wanna buy a giant granite slab?
>>
>>69192438
Rolling Acres mall, Akron OH
As far as I know the structure is still there
>>
>>69192104

This is absolutely true--first they gain critical mass, then the white people stop coming, then the "white" stores close, and what come in to fill their place are all jigaboo stores.

> of course, the niggers just steal everything from them so they go out of business too
>>
>>69191578
niggers stealing and intimidating and online of course
>>
>>69192382
sorry mate but go to malls today anywhere in america

its full of groidles* walking around at the speed of molasses being loud as shit for no reason

*group of niggers
>>
>>69191578
most malls are filled to the brim with shitskins, like little pockets of third world shitholes.
>>
>>69191578
online shopping

everything at my local mall is expensive, all the retail AND food/bev. theres also no entertainment

that means unless im being a lookyloo, its not a fun way to pass the time anymore. i used to cruise through and browse, buying one or two things just because

now its too cost prohibitive, if i want something, ill buy online or use the internet to tell me what local store has the exact item i want
>>
>>69192382
It's all woven together, though. If you don't have an economy to support the mall as a viable hangout then the kids find somewhere else to hang out (e.g. online) and they spend their neetbux there instead. And then the mall gets even worse. And the people get even less social.

Now if you do find one of the remaining successful malls, then you'll find kids and even families hanging out there because it's a happening place. And the stores get patronage.
>>
File: IMG_4245.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4245.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>69192494
>>69192141
>>69192207
It's actual marble you fucks
>>
>>69192513

Raleigh, NC
>>
I don't go to malls because they're too expensive compared to online shopping.

Nearly all I buy is clothes there, and it's very rare.
>>
>>69192217

>Amazon has made things easier

Amazon is full of Chinese garbage.
>>
>>69191578
We have one mall in Austin that's doing fine I think, another one was shut down and replaced with a school.
>>
>>69192643

I'm sorry I don't have a doctorate in Advanced Mall Studies.
>>
File: 1451156708590.gif (3 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1451156708590.gif
3 MB, 480x360
>>69191578
Because I can get stuff for 15-25% cheaper on average through amazon and while mall food use to be greasy and kinda nasty, it was cheap and better than nothing. Now it is $15 for a plate of stale chow mein from a Chinese restaurant run by a bunch of Mexicans. Not to mention the atmosphere went from a collective white persons gathering to a minority infestation because they are the only ones who still don't understand how the internet works(though now most of them do which only further hurt the malls).
>>
>>69192682
so are the shopping malls so what is your fucking point?
>>
>>69192382
Less whites = less malls
It's the same thing with pubs in England

Nobody wants to go out anymore anyway. Too expensive too much aggro
>>
>>69192643
OKC?
>>
>>69192626
also want to mention that my mall is full of 50 year old housewives and chinese people walking slow as fuck. its not a good place to meet girls
>>
>>69191578
>>69191812
>>69192275
You ladies should all be going to these at night and striping them clean and salvageable materials.
A chisel and hammer could be betting you $100's-1,000's per week.

The planes of glass alone are worth $1,000's
>>
>>69192646
Niggers and spics stole everything from NC and then people want to take away funding and ban travel to our state while they fucking wonder why we vote right as fuck.
>>
File: IMG_4335.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4335.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Personally I prefer malls, because of the greater, higher quality selection of shops/goods.
>>
>>69192557
Happening to my local mall as we speak
Ethnic population build up. Goodbye nice stores hello nigger shops. Hello bad atmosphere.
Everyone's fucked off to blue water as a last resort
>>
>>69191578
Because who the fuck wants to go to a mall to look at 50 of the same stores when I can just buy shit on amazon and get on with my life.

Mall:

> dodge niggers, spics, fattos, and thousands of poorly behaved children
> louder than an indoor swimming pool
> smells like ass by assbercrombe
> pushy merchants in the middle

Online:

> buy literally anywhere with internet
> get delivered in 1-5 days
> adblock
> no spics or niggers to worry about
>>
Closed down a mall nearby so it could be turned into a large apartment complex with shops.
A second mall nearby is being torn down to make a gigantic headquarters for a healthcare software services company.
The largest one is still fully functional. Although it might start getting competition because retail developers are demolishing and rebuilding all the stores around it's property.

I really wouldn't call it a sad demise.
All the malls around here hold tons of land in prime locations because they were the ones that brought the retail hub to that location in the first place.

Also, despite their bad rep, outlet malls are killing it right now. Nike stores are remodeling like crazy
>>
They are dying because all malls are practically the same and have same store fronts inside of them (hot topic, Game Stop, Forever21, GNC, etc...).
>>
>>69192498

Why go to Wal-Mart when you have Costco?
>>
shitskins killed all of them
It's like a fucking slum in every mall

Plenty of malls doing fine, they are just in upstanding places with rich idiots who want to spend their money.
>>
>>69191578
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF1b1pf9DRY
>>
>>69192852
>being able to move a 8'x6' plane of glass without a van glass rack
>>
>>69191578
Because of the rise of Amazon and the death of the middle class fuckface
>>
>>69192941
>because of the greater, higher quality selection of shops/goods

You have to be joking because you can always find better selection on the internet of any product
>>
>>69192941
>>69192643
Left4dead2 mall plz go
>>
Vaporwave killed off the modern mall
>>
>>69193046
And suction cup carriers.

But there's some great materials there waiting to be salvaged
>>
>>69191578
Malls are worthless. They sell low quality products at massive markups. Online shopping is the future. Anyone that things brick and mortar has any reason to exist outside of specific things needs to get their head checked.
>>
>>69192564
It's true, years ago the Mall of America was great, I remember going there as a young kid. Now it's full of Somalians.
>>
File: e44_15678_23305457.jpg (230 KB, 1000x696) Image search: [Google]
e44_15678_23305457.jpg
230 KB, 1000x696
>>69193036
>>69192462
>>69192512
>>69192104
>>69192557
Randall Park Mall
>>
>>69192805
All malls look like that
The only reason I knew it wasn't my local mall is that mine is still open. I think. I don't go there.
>>
>>69193096
the only thing with buying online is its shitty mailing the product back to them if it doesn't work/breaks a month later

lots of big sales in stores that you won't see online either
>>
>>69191578
www.amazon.com
>>
>>69193027
Neither one is a good place to go to socialize. Maybe walmart has the slight upper hand in that all the people who have failed at life can find some kinship.
>>
>>69191578
Amazon.com
>>
>>69191578
Ebay is cheaper, and niggers can't bother you when you shop online.
>>
>>69193036
There's no public spaces where whites can congregate happily now.

When i see old pictures of shopping centres it's nostalgic as fuck. It used to all be about the Saturday family shop. Or meeting your friends at the mall
>>
>>69193096
I meant compared to other non-online retail
>>
Not only do the stores have all the overhead of a brick and mortar store, they have additional overhead on top of that just to be located within a giant mall.

Unless the consumer has the intent of going to a mall to buy multiple products from multiple stores, they're just not going to go. Men hate big crowds, labyrinth parking lots, and taking 15 minutes to find the god damn store to buy a pair of $100 jeans. Theres now an alternative of the outdoor malls so you can park and find your store easier, but it still has the doubled overhead.

Malls were a great invention for the landlord (mall owner) but terrible for the store owner and even worse for the consumer.
>>
>>69193212
Not really. Online sales are almost always superior to brick and mortar ones outside of very specific Black Friday deals, and even those are moving online more and more. And no sane man does Black Friday shopping at an actual store.
>>
>>69191578
Just REBRAND for Hispanics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plaza_Mayor_%28Oklahoma%29
>>
>>69192547
Rolling acres is a textbook example of what happens to an upscale mall when you build projects close by, coupled with a reliable public transportation. Niggers overrun the place and chased whites away. Chapel Hill will suffer identical outcome, last time I was there I felt like I was in Mogadishu, it was so depressing watching niggers milling around aimlessly.
>>
File: Flag_of_Ohio.svg.png (21 KB, 488x300) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Ohio.svg.png
21 KB, 488x300
>>69192104
Dayton Mall had similar problems but they countered it with a truly massive security and police presence.

There was security EVERYWHERE.

This included enough security to have individual officers following packs of nogs from store to store. And they weren't passive either. I remember a group urban females getting loud in I think it was Pier one and the barked

> buy something or get out!

And they did

It must have cost the mall a fortune, but it was money well spent. It kept the white shoppers comfortable enough to keep coming in.
>>
>>69192852
Other than glass and copper wiring, what else is there?
>>
>>69193315
Outdoor malls and outlet centers are the new hot in shit in Southern California.
>>
>>69193195
Google elephant and castle mall in London. It's a lesson in not giving your country to ethnics
>>
>>69193337
>black friday
Yeah, let's all have a real good time standing on line for 36 hours to go to the nigger stampede to save $5 instead of enjoying Thanksgiving and sleeping in.
>>
>>69191578
What's with Americans and just leaving abandoned buildings to decay. What a waste of space. Why not build something else there?
>>
>>69191578
1) Online shopping
2) Lack of fun, affordable stores and attractions
2) Niggers
>>
>>69192941

>being on the wrong side of the gate
you've made me so uncomfortable anon

I go back to the rundown mall occasionally. It's depressing -- nearly every store is closed. The food court has even begun shutting down, there are maybe one or two places left. That had been the last thing really holding it together. There is an adjacent movie theater, and it does very well, so it's shocking how little that helps the mall itself.

I had such great memories of the place in the early 90s. My mother and her friend would take us kids and we'd have such a good time going to the arcade, visiting the Disney store, riding the carousel, and then stopping by the food court for lunch. Christmastime was magical. They don't even do the decorations anymore, let alone Santa.
>>
File: 1458669274487.jpg (50 KB, 524x700) Image search: [Google]
1458669274487.jpg
50 KB, 524x700
I stopped going to malls because I don't want to risk getting shot or blown up by terrorists. In such a multicultural country, you really have to take that into account when going outside.

I'd rather just stay in my comfy home.
>>
>>69193510
It costs too much money to pay union members to disassemble them and put them in landfills.
>>
>>69193510
Philadelphia alone has 40,000 abandoned buildings.
>>
Nigs can't steal from online stores, giving online the advantage.
Also, delivery is better than driving.
>>
>>69193510
Costs more money to knock it down than buy fresh land and build something new. Except for places where it's profitable, in which case the government will look for excuses to knock your shit down so they can sell it to somebody else at a profit.
>>
>>69193510

we have so much land it's cheaper to just start over. in most cases, anyway. and we don't care about waste when it comes to cost. It bothers me too, though, seeing so much waste and ugliness leftover in towns.
>>
>>69193471
And yet people do it for some reason. Doesn't make any sense to me.
>>
>>69193337
You buy shirts or pants for 5 bucks at online stores?

>>69193306
There's places.
But you see the niggers infiltrating there, the fat single mothers with niglet kids that noone criticizes, etc
>>
>>69193114
damn, my thought exactly

>brb looking for gas canisters
>>
>>69192104
was the other mall city center or westland? i still went there for gun shows up until that ended last year.

Northland was a really nice place when i was a kid. same with most all malls.
>>
>>69192498
I buy clothes on amazon. Get professionally fitted by a tailor once, then you know your fit. Buy all the clothes you want and know they fit
>>
Everything is cheaper and more convenient online. Stores only carry a small selection of their catalogue and typically won't have it in your size
>>
>>69193417
Good for that mall, however with the recent trend of 'shopping while black' they are coming under a lot of fire for keeping tabs on rowdy niggers.
>>
>>69191578
I rather hang out at Costco than the mall.
>>
>>69193699
>You buy shirts or pants for 5 bucks at online stores?

Of course you can. Have you never used the internet before? Cost isn't why you buy clothes in person. Trying things on so they fit are the only reason you actually go into a store.
>>
File: FredFlintstone.jpg (44 KB, 488x410) Image search: [Google]
FredFlintstone.jpg
44 KB, 488x410
>Post-2008 shrinking middle class
>Amazon being better in almost every way imagineable
>>
>>69193424
Brass. Marble. Granite. Depending what medium has been used as an adhesive high quality Italian tiles etc, just be aware some may of been grinded/sheered flat. Copper of course. Even old iron piping.
Speciality things like plaster ceiling roses which are a bitch to get off but worth a fortune intact.
Bathroom fittings and plumbing.

The list goes on. These buildings are gold mines.
>>
Online shopping is superior and minorities have ruined shopping experiences. Especially teenagers
>>
>>69191578
There are some malls in Moscow that are strangely empty. They've been rushing to open them during the good years, but you can't argue with the trends. Lately malls have been opening at less than 50% of their retail space leased out and not really improving over time. Consolidation is to be expected, but while these superfluous malls slowly die, they are a great place to visit - virtually nobody around, only every other store is open, calm and empty.
>>
>>69193699
I bought a case of shirts online for $3/pop last time. Pants I'm waiting for another email about a sale first.

If I want like a suit or a tie or something then yeah that's a brick and mortar kind of thing. But even for a button-up shirt I already know what brand and size fits me the right way, so even that is cheaper and easier to get online unless there's some crazy sale going on when I happen to be next to said crazy sale.
>>
>>69193835
> 'shopping while black'
Is that a codename for shoplifting?
>>
1) China
2) online shopping
3) less disposable income due to economy
4) increased unemployment
>>
>>69193471
Don't forget the specialty made black-friday goods. Yeah, you save $300 on that TV, but the manufacturer saved $900 making it out of recycled and shit parts
>>
>>69192646
I will attack you in a parking lot.
>>
>>69191578
Every mall I go to is infested with spics, I don't go because I don't want to catch airborne diseases.
>>
>>69193424
Oh lighting! That's a big one as many upmarket stores used custom jobs
>>
>>69191578
High prices, niggers and more chance of being allahu ackbared
>>
File: Delivery.gif (2 MB, 315x217) Image search: [Google]
Delivery.gif
2 MB, 315x217
>>69191578
>What is the Internet
>>
>>69193732
City Center was the huge one downtown that had all the shootings. Westland was nice for awhile but it got overrun as well and yea, they used to do the gun shows there. I think they moved the gun shows to vets memorial now. What used to be City Center is now partly nationwide and the rest has been turned in to the Columbus Commons.
>>
>>69191578
>shitty malls will close down during the next 20 years
ftfy
>>
>>69193835
It killed the Mall of Memphis, (TN) and Dayton Ohio's Salem Mall.

Dayton Mall just decided not to go quietly into that goodnight
>>
File: 1377984283766.jpg (53 KB, 530x516) Image search: [Google]
1377984283766.jpg
53 KB, 530x516
I don't know why, but I find these abandoned mall pics surprisingly comfy
>>
>>69193709
I gave up on that level. What the fuck why couldn't I get past it?

Maybe it's psychological.
Because I'm so fucking sad that I'll never get to walk in an American mall in the 80s or 90s and the abandoned mall level is an interactive reminder that the nice prosperous white future we were promised has gone up in a puff of closed pubs empty malls and endless shit skin immigration

Pills here. Poppin pills
>>
File: trudeau.png (169 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
trudeau.png
169 KB, 420x420
>>69192709
Kekd
>>
>>69192104
>There are two malls here in Columbus that used to be quite successful until they were literally overrun by niggers.

Same here in Cleveland. The nigs have moved from mall to mall, neighborhood to neighborhood, wrecking them.
>>
>>69191578
It's niggers.

http://stuffblackpeopledontlike.blogspot.com/2010/11/52-mall-envy.html

Here's the oldest mall in the entire country opened in 1962. It's still open and still thriving in the white North side of Seattle:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northgate_Mall_(Seattle)
>>
>>69193891
How do you go about selling any of that after shoddily removing it from an area you were trespassing in?
>>
>>69191665
>>69191812
it's that CoD Ghosts map
>>
>>69194115
I know how you feel, I remember seeing a movie late at night and wandering around the empty mall, it feels calming.
>>
>>69193971
Yeah but then you have to know somebody who wants to buy your used lighting of arbitrary make and model from the back of your van instead of spending less trouble ordering all new stuff that fits exactly the lighting plan.

Not to say there isn't a market for it. e.g. eBay, but all major operations that have enough money for construction in the first place are just going to have line items in the contract.
>>
>>69193877

I remember arcades, those were the good old days. I would never dare go to an arcade if I were a kid today, too much scum
>>
File: General.jpg (123 KB, 600x614) Image search: [Google]
General.jpg
123 KB, 600x614
It boils down to this:

Malls:
>Can't buy Nazi paraphernalia

Internet:
>Can buy Nazi paraphernalia
>>
>>69192438
>Zombie Apocalypse Mall

A haunted house company really did move into a dead mall near me. It was the best fucking idea in the history of ideas.
>>
>>69191578
The innernet. Also, malls are gay as fuck. Niggers shoot up my local mall every few years, we'll to do white people go to actual shopping districts if they HAVE to shop in person somewhere
>>
If you're interested in dead mall footage this guy goes exploring in dead malls and talks about the mall's history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zov7PEXdVZk&index=11&list=PLNz4Un92pGNxQ9vNgmnCx7dwchPJGJ3IQ

Sometimes he has old footage of the mall when it was still open/busy. Really haunting.
>>
>>69193911
Yep. Niggers shoplifting and ruining shopping experience for everyone. Even if niggers magically disappeared in tired as fuck of seeing assorted shitskins selling 'mobile repair services' and radioactive cell phone cases.
>>
File: 1433779355457.gif (2 MB, 320x179) Image search: [Google]
1433779355457.gif
2 MB, 320x179
>>69194115
http://www.deadmalls.com/
>>
>>69194229
A big laser tag or paintball arena could be fun, too. But probably the safety codes or something like that would be onerous.
>>
>>69194194
Well at that point you'd have to use your own know how mr police officer sir
>>
>>69193258

Ah, socializing. Hadn't considered that.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (140 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
140 KB, 1920x1080
>>69193967
my local spic mall, even the name has changed.
(formerly know as Hickory Hollow Mall)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Mall_at_the_Crossings
>>
>>69191578
America is moving away from a consumer culture
>>
>>69193855
The annual fee keeps nigs out. Similar to high toll on a bridge.
>>
>>69191969
At the arcade!

oh wait...
>>
>>69193450
Jesus. I was last there in early 2000s, and it was already a shithole. I'm amazed that it's still open. Next time I'm in the minor caliphate of London, I'll need to check it out.
>>
>>69194268
> 'mobile repair services' and radioactive cell phone cases
Just play with their shit (fly copters, vape, try remote cameras) and walk away. Serves them right, literally the shittiest type of merchants.
>>
>>69194193
>>69194141
>>69194089
Can we start a hashtag or something #blackskilledmalls
To counter everything they say about us.
And if they mention less disposable income we can then say #immigrationkilledmalls

#shoppingwhikstblack can be hijacked with chimp out evidence of how they killed the mall #thiskillsthemall
>>
>>69194229
That was a big thing when I lived in Denver. Every Halloween, haunted houses would set up in local malls.
>>
>>69194141
Dont even get me started about Cleveland bro. I was born there and seeing what has happened to it breaks my fucking heart. The State Department dumping tens of thousands of Somali 'refugees' in to downtown cleveland was the stupidest thing they ever could have done to a city that was already fighting hard against stagnation since the fucking mills closed. Was back there not long ago for some family stuff. Sadly it was Sunday so Rustic was closed so we just went to Herb's for lunch instead.
>>
>>69191832
>>69191899
This

Although the malls near me are still crowded as ever on weekends.
>>
>>69193544
Many malls are held hostage by movie theaters. The theater is often the only place that can stay open comfortably, and starts basically demanding to pay less in rent, and the mall is forced to comply because the theatre is one of the few things people go to the mall for.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXh5Mvmb0WY

this mall is a depressing place to be, it used to be really popular back in the late 90s but then

1999 - wal-mart opened up 1 mile away (taking out an entire plaza of 25 stores but adding a 2nd mcdonalds)

early 2000s - internet sales boom, several plants and large firms in this area outsourced/shut down

mid 2000s - not as busy as it was, lower quality stores, but still fully occupied and reasonably busy

the recession slaughtered it
>>
>>69194364
I mean, I don't go to stores to socialize, but, for instance the new upscale Target is a fucking zoo of trendies paying 5x the usual cost for Chinese crap, so I'd rather be somewhere else. The local grocery store is chill and I go there enough for the checkout ladies to say hi and actually recognize me, maybe the occasional bantz, not that I'm looking for anything more than getting in and out quickly.

Walmart is a horror show, but at least you're almost always going to see something interesting when you go there.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3455x5183) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3455x5183
Tower city center in Cleveland, OH. My god what a mall this used to be! It's covered in marble, used to be one of the finest malls in Ohio. Not anymore, niggers chased everyone away. It's full of dollar generals and nigger fashion outlets. Still, every time I have to go through it I'm taken aback at how luxurious it looks inside, not even niggers managed to extinguish that luster completely
>>
These abandoned malls have a striking resemblance to Detroit. Both how they were formed and their present condition.
>>
>>69191578
Honestly being on the opposite side of the spectrum is just as bad.
Australian malls and brick/mortar stores do great because the liberal government likes to sabotage online shopping. Like the GST limit for online shopping is being removed so that anything bought from out of Australia will now be 10% more expensive + Customs Administration fee, all because Harvery Norman complained. Also the dollar being to weak for international shopping anymore.

If they can't keep up they deserve to die.
>>
Real easy to talk about money/the internet/etc
But these malls are valuable buildings that are completely abandoned, they would be used for anything.

Only niggers cause that.

It's a sign of the times, nobody wants to talk about it.
>>
>>69194363
You're in Australia m8, I don't care what you do

There are enough illegals here that I could sell the light bulbs to contractors with significant markdown and they wouldn't care, and most are easy enough to remove, but finding a market for the rest sounds difficult at best. If nobody buys things then it doesn't matter how expensive they are.

If I was able to do something with the materials myself then ripping off some granite would be great but fuck that, I have a real job
>>
>>69191578
malls were part of a quintessential early to mid 2000's culture that has been phased out by online shopping

>tfw born just in time to remember mom dropping you off at the mall to hang out with friends
>>
>>69193877
>My local mall consists of a theater, a big box store, 10-12 mobile phone kiosks, 3-4 mobile phone stores, a Gamestop, some clothes stores and a food court

The few malls I occasionally go to here are like that as well (with or without the theater).

Mobile phone kiosks everywhere, and then seasonal stores (calendar shops, "the halloween store" which becomes "the christmas store", etc). Plus a dollar store of some kind. And EB games because they decided to not rename them as gamestop for some reason.

There is also that really lonely kiosk that does engraving and key cutting. They engrave pens and flasks and other shit you give to co-workers when they retire and the poor fucker working there looks like the most bored and lonely person on the planet.

No black people killed these malls considering this is the white part of Canada. The malls just natrally became obsolete.
>>
>>69193417
Another Ohio fag here in cleveland. Randal mall closed down after the nigs moved in and started fights almost Dailey. It's a damn shame.
>>
>>69194421
Its moving toward paying triple for things because they are labelled as organic or natural or whatever garbage. It amazes me how much people pay for food that tastes like shit. Or products that were made with "special" materials that aren't special at all.
>>
>>69194625
Nig nog killed going to the cinema too

It's just so fucking unpleasant

>>69194475
My family are originally from there. I saw my first movie there. It used to be full of cockney. Imagine how that feels
But I'm a big fucking racist that doesn't like progress

What the fuck were you doing in the elephant though?
>>
File: Sid Meier.png (9 KB, 417x133) Image search: [Google]
Sid Meier.png
9 KB, 417x133
>Ma;;s were America's Unique Building in Civ IV
>>
>>69194602
I've noticed Canada doesn't really seem to have 'dead malls' like you see in the states. I sometimes see some strange malls with really bizarre one-off stores that can never stay in buisness for more than a few months but not full-on abandoned ones
>>
>>69194415
Global Mall at The Crossings

That name absolutely reeks of retail death
>>
>>69194685
The Dollar is strong as hell right now.
>>
>>69193195
>>69194796
This is the mall I was talking about. I really wanna break in one day and explore it though.
>>
File: 8171_FBBuckhead11.jpg (40 KB, 600x402) Image search: [Google]
8171_FBBuckhead11.jpg
40 KB, 600x402
Some specialty malls are doing good. Phipps Plaza in Atlanta is a luxury brands mall with stores such as Gucci, Tiffany & Co., Bally, Hugo Boss, Giorgio Armani, Omega, Rebecca Taylor, Giuseppe Zanotti, Herve Leger, Trina Turk, Versace, Valentino, Elie Tahari, Nicole Miller, L.K. Bennett, Vince, Agent Provocateur, Hublot, Tory Burch, and Bottega Veneta. Unlike it's sister mall, Lenox, across the street, Phipps does a good job of keeping the scum out.

>>69193407
For the longest time Lakeside Mall in suburban Detroit refused to allow buses from the city to go there. They claimed the bridge to the mall couldn't handle the weight of a bus, which was probably a lie but it kept the inner city folks away for decades. Not sure if that's still the case.
>>
>>69194836
They were overbuilding like crazy here for years and years before we started getting a dead mall problem. You'd drive down the road and there'd be another brand new strip mall with nobody in it, and you'd ask yourself, "what the fuck are they thinking?"

And then the bubble burst. cf. China.
>>
>>69194682
fuckin a cleve-bro, i forgot all about Tower City.....you're right, that place used to be fucking amazing. Spent a lot of time shopping there on weekends with my parents and visiting the theater with my cousins. Sad to see it overrun by niggers
>>
>>69194774
>malls
>mid 2000s
nah bro
80s were the mall golden age
90s were pretty strong
but the downfall came sharply with amazon in 2000
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westroads_Mall_shooting

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_Square_shooting

because of shit like this
>>
>>69194796
Brah, here in cleveland we have hords of youths fighting at theaters, at the Beachwood mall.

>this is my local cinema

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEOSxsdIlQg

^I remember going here regularly in my teen years and it being almost all white. Now gangs of THREE HUNDRED OR SO 'youths' have made it a battleground.

My parents talk about how cool malls used to be decades ago too. fucking niggers, why didn't we pick our own cotton...
>>
>>69194774
Try quintessential 80's to mid 2000's.
>>
malls will transition to being a showroom for online merchandise. its a much easier way for companies to manage inventory/floor space efficiently.
>>
>>69194836
We don't have blacks and shootings up here like everyone else ITT said
>>
>>69195028
Yeah, my parents and relatives talk longingly of malls in the 80s. They look so cool in old movies too. I wonder what it wa slike having a job at a mall.
>>
File: 1378577579906.jpg (15 KB, 242x208) Image search: [Google]
1378577579906.jpg
15 KB, 242x208
>>69192643
This shit depresses me pham. I remember skipping middle school to go play at the arcade all day, browsing toy stores, saving up to buy those awesome yet very impractical and flimsy Spawn toys, and hanging out with friends on the weekend being dared to hit on girls and spilling spaghetti everywhere
>>
>>69194936
Fucking hilarious. I used to go to Lakeside all the time. It's in the middle of Hall Road near Macomb Community College's North Campus and I do not recall ever seeing a bridge ...
>>
>>69194936
Exactly. Every upscale place knows that it will die a violent death if they allowed public transportation to be built next to it. Niggers, spics and sandniggers- the bane of western civilization
>>
>>69194836
Theres a few dead malls
We don't have a mass nigger population like the US that completely destroys a neighborhood though
>>
Between Amazon and Walmart there's no point to Malls anymore. We have 3 malls on one street here in Barrie (Don't know why). One is practically dead and is used for a gym, a call center, and old people services like cleaning clothes, ink refills, thrift shops, travel agency, and like a dentist and computer repair. The other one has two government buildings, a shit theatre, dollar store, and a CAnadian Tire.

The only successful mall is successful becuase the Beer Store is nearby and draws in people and 90% of the stores is clothes for women.
>>
>>69195083
That'd be cool. There are plenty of things where I can go to Amazon and be confronted by 20,000 options and not know what to do. But if I got to the store then I have 5 options and none of them are what I want. Or no options at all.
>>
>>69195028
idk me and my friends were still going to the malls a lot while i was growing up. I feel like Amazon didn't get really super integrated until 2010-ish.
>>
>>69195075
>why didn't we pick our own cotton
Democrats.
>>
>>69194682
>I'm taken aback at how luxurious it looks inside, not even niggers managed to extinguish that luster completely

Give them time.
>>
Too many rude and pushy foreigners. Also, the stores tend to be a lot more expensive.
>>
>>69191578
>>69191665
>>69191812
beautiful
>>
>>69194682
Remember the days when people wanted to go to America or be American?
It wasn't that long ago. That picture fucking sums it up.
What they did in just 20 years man.
The decay the retardedness the fatness
The us was cool and the chicks fucking hot. Cool enough for me to be nostalgic for it

They really fucking wrecked it. A creeping cancer that's everywhere now. Moving faster even now it's underway
>>
>>69194653
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg8GRjUuJ-Y
>>
It's part of the plan, the malls will be used as concentration camps when the depopulation process commences, you idiots.
>>
>>69195149
>We don't have Jane and Finch
>>
>>69195083

That makes no sense though.

>I know, I'm going to shop online because I don't want to leave home, but let me quick go leave home to look at the items I may or may not buy online.
>>
File: 1453861390819.jpg (44 KB, 569x506) Image search: [Google]
1453861390819.jpg
44 KB, 569x506
>>69194682
When I was at uni, my lab group decided to drive up there to relax. We literally got into a fistfight with female nigs.

>mfw
>>
File: 1388810087529.jpg (23 KB, 291x317) Image search: [Google]
1388810087529.jpg
23 KB, 291x317
>>69194682
That picture looks amazing. Doesn't look like Zimbabwe from what you posted.

I live in PG and all the local malls are pretty much on death's door. Beltway Plaza used to be an amazing hub. But with the recent influx of messicans fighting with the local fauna, nearly all the stores have collapsed. With exception to payless, dollar general, and nigger hair accessories, along with big name only fast food.

Can't even have jaspers anymore because niglets would break the arcade machines when they didn't have any coins left to play, along with drunk parents making a mess of everything.

Now I exclusively drive all the way to Tyson's Corner. Still a rich person's mall, but since they completed the silver line metro that stops right at the mall, I've been seeing more and more locals from my area, along with a very noticeable increase in security. Not to mention the bix nood mixed with terrortalk.

Long story short; niggers ruin absolutely everything
>>
>>69195170
The truth hurts.
>>
>>69191578
>Why is the American mall dying?

Because the internet is NOW. Enjoy your drone delivery.

Get with the future.
>>
>>69191578
They became rife with niggers, so the whites that would otherwise be spending money there are more reluctant to go, and thus the businesses suffer.

It's the same issue that befalls ALL mass transportation in the US. Whites can't use it out of fear of niggers, and thus vote against it or let it go unfunded.
>>
>>69194957
It's heart breaking I try to avoid that place as much as I can. I remember Christmas decorations in the 90s, there were families coming from all over Ohio just to gawk at it.
Nobody comes anymore. Horseshoe casino is also chock full of niggers playing penny slots and there is not a single white person walking on a sidewalk, ever. Cleveland went down the drain, completely and irreversibly
>>
the mall where I live now is complete shit
all clothing stores except for a gaystop and Dick's
they're lucky this city is made up of retarded obese mexicans on welfare
shit doesn't even have a movie theatre
>>
>>69192852
>>69192141
It's people like you that ruin urban exploring.

>tfw some assholes smashed all the windows at the abandoned motel I use to take people too when showing them the city.
>>
>>69193195
>Randall Park Mall

Mall in north Randall, Ohio

Racial demographics of that municipal area:
>10.2% White, 86.3% African American, 0.9% Native American, 1.3% Asian

That can't have helped things.
>>
File: 46_06-11-2014_9003.jpg (400 KB, 2000x1332) Image search: [Google]
46_06-11-2014_9003.jpg
400 KB, 2000x1332
MEANWHILE across the road.
You know what I'm talking about Melbourne fags.
They're turning the mall into a mini city. It's pretty cool
>>
>>69195227
yeah i dont think malls were officially dead until around 2006/2008, that was about the time everyone made online shopping their primary source
>>
You don't need to go to the mall anymore when you can just simulate it on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxkjBm3R2V8
>>
>>69195075
Yeah man I go up to beachwood mall but only during the day then around 5 or 6 the niggers start to come out. It's only safe there mid-day or in the morning. Leave it to the most Jewish place in cleveland to have a nigger problem too.
>>
>>69195360

Well, it allows someone to observe and handle the item, but takes the pressure of the sales pitch out of the equation. It would bring back actual window shopping.
>>
Walmart
>>
>>69194785
Sounds like Woodbine mall here in Toronto...
>>
>>69191578

It's just part of their natural life cycle from upscale mall, to nog mall, to office space, and finally, abandoned derelict.
>>
>>69193891
>>69192852
>nigstralians
>>
Finally, maybe we can erect buildings that look halfway decent now tbqh
>>
>>69195549

You mean trespassing
>>
>>69195559

>mall of high end fashion retailers
>its customers are fat plebs wearing Wal Mart clothes
Kek.
>>
tourists still keep the biggest mall here thriving
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ala_Moana_Center
>>
Those places are literally begging to be used as sets for horror movies.

>tfw no faithful Silent Hill movie
>>
File: 4421086987_424288e6f0.jpg (123 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
4421086987_424288e6f0.jpg
123 KB, 500x375
Anyone ever been to the philadelphia gallery? It was built in the 80s and basically never evolved. The lighting and motifs are god awful 80s embodiment and the mall is basically 100% nigger infested
>>
I'd bet it's more due to a cultural and societal transformation between teenagers today and teenagers even 10 years ago. Things have changed a lot since then
>>
>>69195716
Is Dolly's still there? The weird flower store that sold MTG cards?
>>
>>69191578
goodnight, jewish parasite
>>
>>69194764
>>69194198
Here's the thing.
When these malls were built no expense was spared.
They had the best Italian/Spanish/Moroccan tiles money could buy.
Now depending what adhesive medium was used ripping them up and cleaning them and reselling is a good little cash business. Sold before they are even known To be missing.
A lot of these tiles are no longer even produced anymore.
If they're laid with cement you're fucked need a jackhammer to lift them and bust them off, but a polymer adhesive like Resiflex they can be lifted and cleaned. Malls did this because it was cheaper.
Just watch for tiles that have been grinded or sheered flat.

If you went on /diy/ with 3 crates of Moroccan tiles from 1979 in good condition you'd have them sold in a day.
>>
>>69191578
Online shopping. The growing Amerifat/antisocial population would rather order shit than actually go out and buy it. Next will be grocery stores.
>>
>>69195635
And if all of your items were in one place and you had room to park and it wasn't shit to drive down, then that'd be awful convenient.

It's almost like malls have some kind of inherent winning formula that just isn't being used right. I've noticed for instance that something necessary like a big grocery store tends to pull people near other stores they wouldn't ordinarily go to. Why not have a grocery store be one of your mall anchors?
>>
>>69191578
It's a combination of things:
>Online shopping
>Slow recovery from economic problems
>You've seen one mall you've seen them all
>Competition from cheaper alternatives
There are a few malls around me and they all are doing fairly well from my eyes. There's a new one by me which is full of over-priced copy+paste mall stores, and I don't think it's going to last much longer. Put it in the middle of a rural area, with like two restaurants (which one was closed last time I looked) and it's nearly barren whenever I drive by it.
>>
>implying malls dying is a bad thing

I hope they all fucking rot. Everything worth buying is on the internet now.
>>
>>69195795

Is Popeyes that good?
>>
File: doc545388dbb178f3491865841.jpg (57 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
doc545388dbb178f3491865841.jpg
57 KB, 600x398
>>69195195
Think it was something you wouldn't even notice, like a bridge over the drainage ditch that drained into the rather small lake. Long ago when I lived in Sterling Heights (across from Stevenson HS), Lakeside was the place to go. Don't think I ever saw a single black person anywhere in town ever.
>>
Internet and shoplifting
>>
>>69195740
I would consider it trespassing if someone actually owned it.
I usually call the city to see if someone owns a place and act like I'm interested in buying it. If I find out no one owns it I take a scroll around there.
I try to leave the place exactly how I found it.
>>
>>69192382

It's worse than that.

The youth of today want to be social, but they absolutely will not sacrifice any of their time and energy for their friends. They would rather access the illusion of friendship on YouTube/Twitch/Omegle where they have the freedom to change the "friend channel" or stop interacting the moment they are satisfied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq8riYrU7aY&list=PLm29cAuVva6-9CowLx6ybMla-qIF-_BE2&index=2

Millions of views and plenty of other channels just like this one. Why have actual friends that require give and take when you can just bask in the illusion?
>>
>>69195740
It is technically, but even cops just half heartedly say fuck off.
>>
File: 1458615035997.jpg (422 KB, 797x748) Image search: [Google]
1458615035997.jpg
422 KB, 797x748
>>69195383
Any other definition FYI those malls are struggling would require a tremendous amount of mental gymnastics.

The politically correct way to define it would be people from a culture that was not the original malls Target demographic did not integrate successfully with the defined retail shopping experience as initially envisioned by the mall's developers and subsequent management
>>
>>69195212
bane of western civilization is the marxists who attack anyone that would defend it
>>
>>69192104
Yeah this might actually be a legitimate answer.

The last time I went to the mall was about 5 years ago and it felt like half the niggers in Portland were there "chillin" which is their codeword for committing misdemeanor crimes and not felony-tier crimes.
>>
The Baybrook Mall, Galleria, and Woodlands Mall in Houston are still thriving, because they're in more expensive, white areas.

The Gulfgate Mall is a nigger and spic infested shithole nobody goes to anymore though.
>>
>>69195842
Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see such a thing done. Where I used to live, there were youths driving old trucks a few hours before the trash collection so that they could scavenge things for a living. I used to put out the most outrageous things that would never be collected by the city, and the guys would get really excited about it and thank me.

But where I live now it just isn't profitable to do that. You need to have the right conditions to make that economical.
>>
>>69195795
no. didn't know it was there. been to king of prussia, same thing..all 80s
>>
File: 1422169904034.jpg (26 KB, 600x453) Image search: [Google]
1422169904034.jpg
26 KB, 600x453
>>69191578
I remember the mall used to be where all the kids who wore all black would hang out. They'd wander around in packs.
>>
File: gallery-market-east-06.jpg (1 MB, 1306x979) Image search: [Google]
gallery-market-east-06.jpg
1 MB, 1306x979
>>69195914
kek
>>
>The malls are the soon to be ghost towns so long, farewell, good-bye
>>
>>69195914

>Is Popeyes that good?

Unremarkable. Better than kfc but that isn't saying much.
>>
File: 1444351558887.jpg (297 KB, 1663x1080) Image search: [Google]
1444351558887.jpg
297 KB, 1663x1080
>>69193127
Vaporwave is the funeral music of the modern mall.
>>
>>69196022
that sounds familiar
>>
>>69191578
Niggers
>>
>>69195347
I don't live in Toronto, Wahlid
>>
>>69192941
I loved going to the mall when I was younger.

That first real blush of freedom, spending your money on CDs and mostly terrible mall food with your friends after school. No parents looking over your shoulder or whatever.

Good times. It seems like people don't "hang out" like they used to.
>>
File: 1453034946710.png (334 KB, 512x556) Image search: [Google]
1453034946710.png
334 KB, 512x556
>>69195753
>implying that they're not coming from an entrance.

Shiee when i got there it's usually gooks buying all the high end shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 452x309) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 452x309
>>69195377
This is what creeps over that beatiful marble. They enacted all sorts of ordinances prohibiting 'youths'(I hate this fucking niggerspeak) from entering the mall without adult supervision. Nothing helps though.
This pic was taken outside the mall
>>
>>69195834
it's all shitskins now
But the mall isn't dead.
>>
>>69194901
Australian dollar is only worth 76 US cents, which is very weak compared to a few years ago.
>>
>>69195170

This whole damn place is stormfront
>>
>niggers ruined my local malls
>also moved into the city I spent my high school years
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgn_qBsyKSk
video related
>back when I went there, there were like 4-7 non-whites per class

I bet it's all black school now
>>
/pol/ should take over one of these abandoned malls and turn it into a conservative paradise
>>
>>69195347
>Implying Jane and Finch is bad

I use to work in North York and sometimes I would have to get to work around 5 am on a Saturday and they would have the highway closed for maintenance so I would end up driving through the city. Which meant having to go through Jane and Finch.
>>
>>69194415
Well it is in Hispanioc
>>
>>69196284
Malls were also great when you were along with your mom for whatever reason and she had to do all this boring clothes shopping. Then you could go find any number of other stores to have fun in, maybe buy something really fucking cool with your lawnmowing money, or just go for a walk, chill around the cool fountains, take in a movie, whatever.
>>
File: Six_Flags_Mall.jpg (621 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Six_Flags_Mall.jpg
621 KB, 1600x1200
>>69191578
basically
>bad management
>bad financing
>bad stores
>old building
>bad area
>>
>>69196430
jane and finch is nothing
Theres just a handful of niggers living in free housing nearby
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.