[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pol/ I feel are we living at the start of another dark age The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1458830732682.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
1458830732682.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
/pol/ I feel are we living at the start of another dark age
The "dark ages"
>Roman Empire becomes strong
>becomes cucked
>let's in immigrants
>is mismanaged
>destroyed by German barbarians
>dark ages start
Modern day
>western world is strong
>becomes cucked
>let's in immigrants
>is mismanaged
>in process of being destroyed by moslem barbarians
>dark ages imminent
What a time to be alive, if this goes anything like the first dark age the western world will fall around 2100 and won't be start to be powerful again until almost the year 3000
>>
Those were called the dark ages because we don't have as many written accounts from that time, so it's "dark" compared to before and after that period.
>>
>>69073583
The western world turned a shit show because of the huge power vacuum created by romes fall. Islam was founded and ended up replacing most of the Christian territory at the time. Pretty terrible times to be alive but we can make a difference now or go down with our civilization.
>>
>>69073462

Exactly, it could also be interpreted that due to roman prejudice, they deem it not worthy to pass any knowledge or help advance Western Europe. The "dark ages" affected people who were distinctly not Roman.The French and the Arabs rose to conquest during that time and each took over the power vacuum that Rome left. All our ancient knowledge was translated by Arabs first.

As far as Rome cared, the UK region was just swampland and everything thing to the northeast was Germanic savages with lands not even Alexander the Great sought fit to conquer. Muh aryan race indeed.

It's only dark if you were from England or the Nordic countries. Rome itself suffered no dark age. Sure, power switched hands but Dark? Fairy tales is all it is...
>>
>>69074170

History isn't cyclical. There is no rise-decline-rise cycles. That's a Christian idea.
>>
>>69074758
Well Spain France and Italy had to deal with a good bit of Muslim invasion
All the countries that we have now we're split up into a bunch of lord fighting over land
The formidable Roman economy was reduced to feudalism which stunted the economy.
Charlemagne didn't come along until 300 years later to fix shit and even then it was still fucked.
Life was pretty dark if you compare it to Roman life
>>69075074
I wouldn't say it is a wrong idea, of course history isn't a perfect wave but in general empires rise which causes life to be easy which turns people into cucks and shit gets fucked after that rinse and repeat. Western civilization has indulged itself too much and has become too soft.
>>
File: Roman Empire.png (195 KB, 2111x1144) Image search: [Google]
Roman Empire.png
195 KB, 2111x1144
Hopefully we turn out like Rome did.
>>
>>69075630
The western world can basically be considered one big empire at this point, considering how it's leaders are trying to move us to a one world government
US, EU, Canada, Israel, and AUS are all rich, European countries with very similar idealologies and strategic objectives. We always assist in each others wars too. We roll together and are distinctly different from Russia/China/other shitholes. Even the British Empire in its prime came close to how powerful the Roman Empire was proportionality to the rest of the world.
>>
We're not living at the end of the Roman EMPIRE. We're living at the end of the Roman REPUBLIC.

A considerable deal more exciting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpof96pVx-c
>>
>>69076188
There are parallels between then and now, but our situation is unique to itself. The problem however is that it's impossible to explain the relevant information without being slurred, so again, it's best to keep it to myself.
>>
>>69076359
Hopefully you are right and Trump becomes the new Caesar and instead of crossing the Rubicon he crossed the Atlantic and absorbs Europe
I feel like this is the end of the Empire because our decadence is reaching critical mass, even Adrian Peterson hitting his son with a branch is now "child abuse"
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.