[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it so acceptable to buy things without paying the full
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 275x183
Why is it so acceptable to buy things without paying the full cost for them upfront?

I don't get how something like a credit card comes to be. How can people be allowed to purchase things without being certain they'll be able to cover its cost?
>>
>>69040075
>visa pays for the item
>you pay visa when you have the money
>you also pay interest to visa
>visa makes money, you get what you want quicker

It works because people aren't patient enough to wait to buy something.

Having said that they have saved my life in emergency car repairs.
>>
>>69040075

Nobody would ever own newer cars or houses
>>
>>69040402
>Having said that they have saved my life in emergency car repairs.
I hope this taught you to set up an emergency fund which will not only save you paying interest on a loan but earn interest while you don't need it.

>>69040696
Buying a house on a credit card is possible but stupid as your bank will nearly always be willing to give you a better mortgage rate if you can actually afford to buy a house and aren't just a moron spending money you don't have.

And "nobody" is obviously a stupid hyperbole, not everybody is poor.
>>
>>69040075
hey man, i really need to buy this thing, can i borrow $50?
i'll pay you back next week and i'll give you $5 for lending me the money.
>>
You don't pay interest unless you're 30 days delinquent.
>>
>>69040075
Credit cards were born of convenience.
Now, society is so fucked up that there's "credit scores" and if you don't go into debt, your magic invisible number becomes worse and you're not allowed to get a car or house. You can't NOT go into debt and have a good credit score. My score is low because I've paid for everything upfront and never missed a bill. It's literally a scheme to get the goyim to become indebted.
>>
>>69040075
>Why is it so acceptable
dunno, maybe it's more acceptable in burgerland but definitely not here
>>
>get mugged
>all I have is plastic and my company reimburses me whatever they charge
>pay off at the end of every month
>>
>>69042400

That's not true. Most cards have an introductory interest free period, generally 14 months.

After that time is up, you absolutely pay interest, even if you pay on time.

If you do not carry a balance, then you pay no interest. If you get a new card with no balance period and transfer the balance to the new card, then you can avoid paying interest. However, for the stupid this can be a trap because you'll max both cards potentially.
>>
Who are you people that don't pay in full every month?
>>
>>69041445
>earn interest
>interest
>current year

Topkek
>>
>>69042427
>you're not allowed to get a car or house.

What? Dude, if you have the cash, you can get anything with a price tag. Hell, you could even have a better negotiating stances with cash.

All a score means is the interest rate you'll get and if you'll have to put a substantial down payment.
>>
>>69042625
>Most cards have an introductory interest free period, generally 14 months.
>After that time is up, you absolutely pay interest, even if you pay on time.
lol what the fuck?

I've never heard of this kind of """deal""" before. The idiots who get those should look for a better card.
>>
>>69043121

What card do you have that DOESN'T require you to pay interest if you carry a balance?

Why would anyone offer a credit card that doesn't require you to pay interest? there would be no money to be made.
>>
>>69042748
Monthly interest is mostly gone but my bank offered loads of yearly interest accounts, plus there are ISAs which are useless without interest unless you're obscenely wealthy and want to reduce your taxable interest. My emergency fund has a 1% annual gross interest rate on it.
>>
>>69043121
>>69043272

Some cards have what's called an annual membership fee. Granted, this is being phased out as most Americans carry debts and use the plastic for online shopping.
>>
>>69040075
So credit card companies get interest. What kind of stupid question is this?
>>
>>69043272
>What card do you have that DOESN'T require you to pay interest if you carry a balance?
If you carry a balance, all of them. Your post says:

>even if you pay on time.
If you have a card like this, you're an idiot.

Go get a credit card with a cash back program and buy things with it. Enjoy your free money and piss off the bank by never paying interest.
>>
>>69043272
Why would you want to carry a balance. Buy shit within your means, America.
>>
>>69043413
This, plus debt = desperation and encourages a subserviant temperment in an increasingly shitty jobscape.

Do you really not see why jews would want this op?
>>
>>69040075
>How can people be allowed to purchase things without being certain they'll be able to cover its cost?

Lending to a lot of people pools risk and reduces it, just like how we have insurance when cars keep crashing. Interest rates are increased well beyond what's needed to recuperate losses.
>>
>>69043612
>piss off the bank by never paying interest.

oh, you poor goyim. Banks don't lose money. They charge the merchants for the benefit of using that card in their stores.
>>
>not using your credit card for everything, racking up rewards, and paying in full everytime it's due

Credit cards are amazing if you know what you're doing and not think its free money.
>>
>>69040075
credit is better than cash.
>>
>>69043969
>Banks don't lose money
I never said they did, Anon. I said you wouldn't pay interest.
>>
>>69043358

>1%

For the amount most people can afford to put away as an "emergency fund" that's absolutely fucking nothing.
>>
>>69043412

Even cards with an annual fee will charge you interest if you carry a balance.

>>69043612

>If you carry a balance, all of them

That was my point. There's no card that doesn't charge interest on a balance if you carry that balance past the interest free period.

You're confusing "paying on time" with "paying off your balance in full every month."
>>
>>69040075
I just use cards because dealing with paper money and coins is inconvenient if you spend more than a couple hundred a week.

I've never spent more than I could pay in full when the bill arrived, and anyone who does is a fool who deserves the 20%+ interest rate that comes with holding credit card debt.
>>
>>69040075
>why get a mortgage when you can waste money renting one until you've saved up enough money to throw it away all at once?
that's what you sound like
>>
>>69046249
fuck the bankers tho
>>
>>69040075
The Jews make more money this way. You are essentially paying 3x's the price for something.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.