[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Voting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: trump1.png (634 KB, 1250x703) Image search: [Google]
trump1.png
634 KB, 1250x703
This will mark the first presidential election which I am able to vote. I am currently unaffiliated with either party, on paper. However, I'm sure I lean more toward the right (Republican, correct?) and I'll probably end up voting for Trump.

There are some questions I have about the Republican party that I hope some of you can answer.

>First: Why do most Republicans oppose abortion? (1)
>Second: How will Trump's proposed Department of Education budget cut affect my plan to attend community college? (2)
>Third: How will Trump's proposed tax rates affect the economy, to stimulate AMERICAN growth and prosperity? (3)

(1)http://www.diffen.com/difference/Democrat_vs_Republican
(2, first paragraph) http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Donald_Trump_Education.htm
(3, first table) https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/tax-reform
>>
>>68498460
a) jebus
b) idk
c) it won't, just like it didn't work for brownback or jindal
>>
>>68498612
Sorry if I'm not asking the right questions. I'm curious, and want to be informed. (Yeah, from /pol/ I know.)
>>
Do you have to write an essay for school anon?

>No business of any size, from a Fortune 500 to a mom and pop shop to a freelancer living job to job, will pay more than 15% of their business income in taxes. This lower rate makes corporate inversions unnecessary by making America’s tax rate one of the best in the world.

If you get a shit job making <25k a year, you pay no income tax. That's sick. Also, flat 10% would be the next rate. I paid about 20% this year. It's fucking gay.

This is if any of that can get done.
>>
>>68499647
No, I graduated in 2015. I've been lurking pol for about a month, and decided to try and learn some more general stuff. I like to think I'm fairly red-pilled, and that Trump is my go-to candidate. I'm just testing the waters.
>>
1. Never, ever care what a party says about anything
2. Ask your local community college; Trump's talk is all about kiddy schools
3. Read my lips: never trust anything anybody ever says about taxes
>>
>>68500065
Although to be honest those are some pretty specific questions.
>>
>>68500159
I figured as much. Everything I read or see gets several "When, who, why" type questions. I'm not someone who believes everything they hear.

I figure that everything everyone says when running for any government position is bullshit, and manipulative to peoples' feelings.
>>
>>68500299
That being said, I think Trump is the best thing to come around in a long while and it's worth voting for him just to see what happens if you can't come up with any better reason to vote for whomever.

It's one of the reasons I've not and have no intention of reviewing any candidates' policy websites regardless of party until the general comes around; what we're looking at here in my opinion is character and acumen.
>>
>>68500553
I feel that is many peoples' opinion about Trump, and I definitely want to see how this goes. I don't want fucking shillary as president, I'd rather shoot myself.

As I stated in the description, I'm not affiliated with either party on paper. Is it necessary for me to register as Republican to vote for Trump? I don't know how this process works in relation to party affiliation.
>>
>>68500171
changing tax rates relating to growth or decay is an economics question. it can be pretty interesting if you're into that kinda stuff.

If you want super redpill economics stuff, check anarcho-capitalists. They're for markets with no government, but considering the world we live in, there's plenty of stuff detailing the pros and cons of taxes, and how that effects the market(s). That'd be the long answer if you're into it.

Otherwise, lower taxes keeps more money moving between private actors, people and corporations, without so much being siphoned off to pay for whatever government bureaucracy needs funding for thousand dollar pens. Since taxes suck, people and business will move to where they are lowest, within reason.
>>
>>68500808
>Is it necessary for me to register as Republican to vote for Trump?
It depends on the primary process in your particular state. You might have to.

I personally have not had a party affiliation since I once upon a time signed up for Social Security back before I was old enough to buy beer. I disavowed that even before I started paying attention to the political process.
>>
>>68500909
I'll look into it. Thanks for some tax info.

>>68500961
Is there any negative to being affiliated? I don't think there would, but what do I know? I may as well register to be on the safe side.
>>
>>68501198
>Is there any negative to being affiliated?
No. I only rejected my original affiliation because I had no idea what it was all about in the first place and didn't want to be on another stupid list.

Then I grew up and stopped caring. If you want full disclosure, this is the first time in my life I've been an official Republican. And I'll be entirely comfy if the GOP ceases to exist as a result of all this by the next time elections come around.
>>
>>68501378
That's interesting about the possibility of the GOP ceasing to exist. One possibility, Trump doesn't care if he wins or loses, and if he wins, cool. If not, he's still a millionaire.

Another possibility, he IS some sort of radical planted by the democrats to discredit the GOP, and to be used as democrat ammo for the next election. I digress, let's not think about the next cycle just yet.
>>
>>68501701
70 isn't all that old, but it's old enough to decide you want leave your mark on the world before you go. Wait too long and you'd rather just shuffle off this mortal coil and leave it to somebody else and maybe nobody will look at you too hard when you need help to go to the bathroom properly etc.

But you should think about future cycles. Might be nice if both parties fractured up so we could try to have a real party process.
>>
>>68500065
You can't be serious. Anon, /pol/ is a big joke. You should definitely not take this place seriously at all.
>>
>>68502094
Who's ready for the corporate party? Not us, if we get Trump into the White House. I do have liberal ideas, but not about immigration or gun control. I love guns. I'm mostly liberal about green energy. Even if global warming turns out to be bullshit, it would be nice to not rely on fossil fuels for transportation and energy.

Sorry if I get off topic, just trying to chat.

>>68502275
I try not to be impressionable. This niche place is comfy, and at times gives me a good laugh. I'm not doing much else right now (life, and nearly five in the morning.)
>>
Republicans don't believe in climate change. That alone is why they should not be voted into office.
>>
>>68502594
You're obviously the kind of guy who wants to think about things, so you're a step above most.

Technological development is absolutely key. I don't want to tell you exactly what to think about energy or climate, but but you'd best be sure that there are a lot of smart minds out there putting out various lines, and they've been doing it almost since time immemorial. I think it's a very good idea to not have all your eggs in once basket, meaning that you don't want to rely entirely on what some people might like to call a "fossil" fuel nor on pie in the sky things. I like pragmatism.
>>
>>68502787

Fuck, me. Well fuck el rato cruz, fuck hillary, don't want sanders, and frankly them and Trump are the only ones that I've checked out. You know, I guess I'm a bit of a hypocrite for realizing/saying this now, but trump is literally a corporate owner. I made the joke about a corporate party without thinking that trump IS the corporate party. To be honest, I'm conflicted now. I feel the duty to vote, as many Americans don't, but I feel that I will always get fucked no matter who's in office.
>>68502944

I do agree with what I imply to mean we won't have efficient, renewable energy for at least 5-10 years. I think that finding a way to safely dispose of nuclear waste will help nuclear power come into a good light with public opinion. My dad is an Electrical Engineer, who designs High Sustainable Energy Buildings/Systems. For example, solar panels aren't yet efficient enough for him to desire installing them. Not until they reach at least 45% efficiency. I'm fairly well-versed in energy related systems (from what he's told me about)

(I'm being scatter-brained right now) I want to be a Marine Biologist. I was rejected from the only college I applied to, due to me screwing around my senior year. I regret it now, but I have to live with my choices and I have to rectify them. I'm going to see about applying to community colleges in my area if I'm able, and going for 2 or 4 years.
>>
>>68503720
>from the only college I applied to
When you're in the application process, you have to pretty much spam everything. And then you have to do all the regular stuff like follow-up calls. I can't tell you how much I hate the resume process. I don't even really want to admit that every decent job I've had has been through connections.

But I'll tell you one thing. Marine biology might be a good thing to know about in the future.
>>
>>68504069
I've thought about many career choices up to this point, and it may sound cheesy as hell, but I really enjoy watching nature/animal documentaries on netflix when I'm in the mood. I find animals of all kinds extraordinarily fascinating. From the way they interact with their own groups, to interactions with other animal; what they eat and how they acquire their food; how they find/choose partners and whether they're life partners or one-time fucks. From where they live, to where they go. I love it. I have a passion for that, as well as human anatomy and physiology.

In school, I enjoyed my Science, Math, and even History classes. I like to learn about new things, and try to understand them.
>>
>>68504434
My only recommendation is that work comes for free when you enjoy what you're doing.

But if your life is on the hook for doing dog tricks for what you're paid for in order to survive, then it's not so much fun anymore, and you're not going to be as good at it as what you might have thought. I'm not a gambling man by nature, but I think I've done less gambling than I should have, and I think a lot of the happier people I've mt have done more gambling than I had.
>>
>>68504940
I need to do more research into the work itself and how I can get involved, before I fully commit. If it turns out I don't like it as much as I thought, I should be able to do something else Biology related that I'd be more interested in. I haven't entirely wrecked my life or anything. I know there are people way worse off than I am, but I need to think about myself. That doesn't mean stepping on people to get "higher up" I just mean I have my own interests at heart, like most other people.

One day I may be successful and happy. For now I can only hope, and change myself into a motivated individual who is motivated, and dedicated to hard work to achieve my goals.

Sorry if I'm ranting, or on a soapbox or something, it's just been a while since I've talked with someone I don't know.
>>
>>68505338
stop having r9k level rants on pedo boards and start getting out and doing something about it.

It can be actually fun.
>>
>>68505555
Wow, quads speak the truth. I will. Thanks, and goodbye. Good chatting with you.
>>
>>68498460
Don't vote. You'll be ashamed of it the rest of your life.
>>
>>68498460
1) Because it's objectively wrong. The single golden rule we have as humans is that every human has the same worth and the same right to live, even if we really can't comprehend it, like in the case of babies born with Down's, without a brain, etc.

You can either deduce this rule from "being morally superior" like liberals or from God having a plan for every life like conservatives - doesn't really matter.

An aborted baby is more than just a few cells, it will often already have a beating heart etc. and people just randomly decided on a certain time when it's still "okay" to kill it. E.g. in Germany it's not legal because people know it's morally wrong, but we say we don't prosecute it.

That said, the world would burn without abortion and I would consider it too because no one wants to ruin their life. But many women now just fuck around without protection and just kill whatever they create because they're told killing a baby smaller than x is okay, just like it used to be okay to kill a weak baby in Sparta, a black person in the US, etc.
If you really believe that every life is holy/worth something, you can't really be pro abortion.

2) and 3): As a rule of thumb, you can ignore plans of cutting and only vote on the merit of plans of spending. No one ever manages to cut, politicians only ever manage to get together on new spending.

I don't think any candidate has the power to make the US prosper. It's simply not in their hands anymore. Whether you cut taxes or not, industries won't come back. Whether the US do okay has mainly to do with things like the world economy, the oil price and so on. Unless you vote Sanders, I don't think any candidate will matter much on that subject.

I don't think there'll be a huge difference between Cruz and Trump but I'd vote Trump if you hate the current PC culture of silencing and media manipulation. If you seriously consider voting for the lying crony warhawk or the lol-white-people-am-i-rite guy though..
>>
>>68505967
Danke schoen Deutschland.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.