[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: 20160320122128-2302.png (819 KB, 871x491) Image search: [Google]
20160320122128-2302.png
819 KB, 871x491
Ok, /pol/. So this new game that's coming out has got my interest, but it seems to me they're starting to go a bit towards SJWism. The plot is about a girl trying to overthrow a conglomerate of corporations who rule the city with PDAs, conglomerates, etc. Do you guys think it's going to be sort of morally neutral (because the city itself is beautiful, vibrant, prosperous and orderly) or are they going to reduce it to "le oppressive corporatocracy" meme?

Here's the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOe3ik_RViE
>>
Are you fucking kidding?

These games are about the visual experience. The story is there just because AAA needs to have stories. It literally doesn't matter.
>>
Stop trying to politicize everything you annoying retard, you can put a spin on everything just like the sjw and we'll end up with a bland world of people trying to homogenize everything so every book game and film turns into people trying to stay in line so idiots like you don't get offended. You're no different than the Ana cunt.
>>
>>68179048

you know the original ME was about this?
>>
>>68179194
>>68179358
W H I T E K N I G H T
H
I
T
E

K
N
I
G
H
T
>>
Just like the first one, manuel.
>>
>>68179048

This is Mirror's Edge 2.

The first Mirror's Edge is pretty good.

The sequel will probably suck, though, because Sarkeesian was involved in the writing.
>>
>>68179432
I know, but in this one we have what seems to be oppressed Asian characters and a black baboon overthrowing the city built by white men because they're being oppressive. It screams SJWism.
>>
>>68179456
>a first person parkour game has a story that matters to anyone
>>
>>68179048
This place has become advertising central
>>
>>68179048
Made by DICE in >Stockholm Sweden
>>
>>68179558
was she really?
>>
>>68179567
You act like this is the firs time EVER this sort of story line has come up. You're overthinking and seeing things that just aren't there.
>>
>>68179558
it's a reboot though
>>
>>68179701
I looked into it, it was a meme. She had absolutely nothing to do with the production.

>>68179716
How am I overthinking? We see a magnificent city built by hardworking people, everybody loves it, and these communists (made up by minorities) go against the evil, rich white capitalists that are "oppressing" everyone. It's made in Sweden, for fucks sake.
>>
>>68179701

It was a rumor that was circulating for a while until EA put out a press release that said Sarkeesian was not involved.

I don't trust press releases from EA, though.
>>
>>68179895
>How am I overthinking?
You just explained it yourself.
>>
File: 1433889486927.jpg (361 KB, 1920x1050) Image search: [Google]
1433889486927.jpg
361 KB, 1920x1050
>>68179048
>>68179558
Both suck, 1st person platforming is retarded.
>>
I remember playing the time trials for hours on mirrors edge 1 trying to beat the world record. That shit was pretty fun. I dont care about the politics though it was a good game.
>>
>>68179567

It is SJWism. Before, the game could be appreciated because there wasn't a forced political movement to make white male players angry. Now there is.

You can't read a story in isolation, /pol/. The spirit of the times, the zeitgeist, fucking matters. Just as you used to tell racist jokes and now can't, this too should be a problem. Ignoring it is a coward's way of handling it.

It's got nothing to do with the story itself. It has everything to do with SJWs using it as yet another rock to throw at you.
>>
File: 1458419302373.jpg (242 KB, 570x855) Image search: [Google]
1458419302373.jpg
242 KB, 570x855
>>68179358
How about when they modeled the character in the sequel as a sign of solidarity with mattress girl?
>>
>>68179048

>they going to reduce it to "le oppressive corporatocracy" meme?

Yeah, that's what always happens so yeah.

I'm waiting for someone to make the government the enemy for once but no one has the balls for it. All the bad guys are these suave business men who somehow convince their board of directors to fund small armies that provide no shareholder value when they just get destroyed by the hippy freedom fighters. That's their super power, convincing thousands of people to waste billions of dollars.

I mean... it's not like the government does this every fucking day of it's existence. And not having to be accountable to anyone makes them keep doing and are way more corrupt about it.

But nope. McDonalds is out to get you far more than the people who actually have the power to wreck your life and do it with abandon.
>>
>>68179995
>maker her uglier, it's empowering
>>
File: 1362008665296.jpg (30 KB, 300x343) Image search: [Google]
1362008665296.jpg
30 KB, 300x343
>>68180132
What did you think this was?
>>
The game is going to be more about combat than free running anyway.

Will be a churned out POS that will be repeated every few years until its hardly making a profit.
>>
>>68179048
Doesn't matter, first one wasn't that good. Trial and error jumping, linear path, short game. Skipped all the weaboo-flash hybrid cutscenes. Annoying as fuck to play on a keyboard.
>>
>>68180132

>I'm waiting for someone to make the government the enemy for once but no one has the balls for it.

Spec Ops: The Line flirted with that idea, and so did Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 during the infamous airport level.

You were also pitted against pro-establishment Americans during parts of Splinter Cell 1 and Splinter Cell: Double Agent.
>>
>>68179995
MATRESS GIRL
A
T
R
E
S
S

G
I
R
L
>>
>>68179558
>Sarkeesian
That bitch can't write.

The trailer looks normal to me, they're giving her more character, and desu the first one's story and faith had very little going in character development.
If you don't like it play time trial or skip every cutscene, I just want more running.
>>
>>68179048
Didn't they get Anita to help with this?
>>
They will try to equate a fictional totalitarian regime with the patriarchy; an imaginary conspiracy invented to absolve women of responsibility for their mistakes in life
>>
>>68180578
http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/12/ea-replied-fan-petition-remove-anita-sarkeesian-mirrors-edge-2-game-development/

She was never part of the game development in anyway.
>>
Mirrors Edge has become too degenerate. I'm boycotting it, personally. I can only imagine sheeple or cucks would be interested in the franchise at this point.
>>
>>68180400
Sounds like your were just shit at the game
>>
>>68179048
8 years I've been waiting for this fucking game.
And if it plays anything like the first one I'm gonna enjoy every fucking second of it.
The story was garbage in the first one, it really wasn't the point.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.