[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>http://fivethirtyeight.com/feature s/manufacturing-jobs-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1452004929250.jpg (717 KB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
1452004929250.jpg
717 KB, 1920x2560
>http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/manufacturing-jobs-are-never-coming-back/

Oyy vey goy. Stop saying you will get rid of nafta and the tpp. Outsourcing all manufacturing is good for the Jewish business owners. Be happy with your jobs in retail that are all part time and pay less than $10/hr with no benefits. Just forget about your $25/hr in 1994 money factory job goy.
>>
File: 1456457929162.png (718 KB, 558x673) Image search: [Google]
1456457929162.png
718 KB, 558x673
>>67993222
trump will fix it anyway
he has the best business people in the world
>>
>>67993222
guy says manufacturing jobs aren't coming back then offers no alternatives to working-class people.

Fuck, just give living human beings affirmative action over robots or regulate automation in manufacturing.
>>
Well he's not wrong. They simply aren't. It's delusional to think otherwise. Neither Bernie nor Trump will manage to do anything about it.
>>
File: Carl-Icahn-as-viking-450x600.jpg (54 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
Carl-Icahn-as-viking-450x600.jpg
54 KB, 450x600
>>67994721
just change tax systems like ireland
every company is moving there.
more service industry, manufacturing you'd have to make india and china etc. pay a import tax and make it somehow profitable to manufacture in US.
>>
>>67995063
yeah but if they move it to the U.S. it's still going to be mostly automated right?
I mean, yes there will be some human beings but not like it was.
>>
>>67995063

Ireland just houses the superficial subsidiary that is going to claim the profit within the EU.

Most of the jobs are still in other EU countries. They only shift the profits to Ireland so that they can pay very little taxes.

Now, clearly you cannot be a tax haven if you also are the country that wants to tax the same corporations. The US is the largest western market so obviously they cannot act as their own tax haven.
>>
File: t.jpg (64 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
t.jpg
64 KB, 540x960
>>67995146
>>67995559
yeah, you might get some lost manufacturing back but not all.
Protectionism is double sworded, but china and other countries are beholden to the american consumer market. Americans has leverage that no other country does have.
But it's not going to be easy to achieve that.
USA needs to look past manufacturing and into other sectors to make it happen.
>>
>>67993222
I agree that we will never beat China, Mexico, ect. in cheap manufacturing.

What really makes me butthurt is how 71% of people admitted to masters programs are foreign born and 75% of tech jobs go to foreigners as well.
>>
>>67996274
Cheap manufacturing?
How about some fucking quality?
Right now we are at the bottom of the quality roller coaster. People want better more solid goods. We are awash in cheap junky Chinese shit. Its to the point where half the time it doesn't even work out of the box. Fuck that. I want quality again. I want to buy something once and use it for the rest of my life. I have a 1969 westinghouse refrigerator and it still works great. My brother is on his third chinese made refrigerator in 6 years.
>>
>>67994721
>"MANUFACTURING IS DEAD, GOY! GET A SERVICES JOB!"
>services are being outsourced and poached via H1b

Manufacturing should be brought back and businesses that can't cope with the rise in wages should die. It's that simple :^)
>>
>>67996274
I fucking hate h1bs in stem and it really doesn't surprise me the number of foreigners in our masters programs
>>
>>67996461
That will remain a niche market. Most people just want cheap shit so they can be done with it.

Sure, everyone would WANT to have nice stuff again but once they see the price they will quickly go back to Walmart and Harbor Freight.
>>
>>67996566
Service jobs are like McDonalds or Walmart. Stem jobs are h1b
>>
>>67993222
I don't understand why you're making fun of the article. It makes a salient point that has nothing to do with outsourcing - in the United States automating a factory is cheaper than hiring skilled laborers, so a manufacturing resurgence (which is totally possible) would not create a significant number of job openings for skilled laborers. We CAN bring manufacturing back, but we CAN'T bring manufacturing JOBS back. It's not a viable path to reducing unemployment or raising wages.
>>
>>67996961
>so a manufacturing resurgence (which is totally possible) would not create a significant number of job openings for skilled laborers
And it will still be worth the shot, regardless.

Because like the 50 other articles that came out in this manner this week as part of a coordinated anti-Trump media blitz by the Semitic media, they only say manufacturing is dead, but never offer an alternative.

Why SHOULDN'T we build high-tech robotic factories? If we can outstrip the production levels China has with their indentured servants and at a faster production rate, we'll tank their economy and grow ours. If we can do with a factory of 50 people overseeing automation what it takes China 2000 people to do, then there's no rational argument against it, other than buhu unemployed Chinese. Especially when the product is of a higher quality and similarly priced.
>>
>>67996566
H1B are college-level jobs. H2B are service jobs like hotel cleaning.
>>
>>67996647
>Service jobs are like McDonalds or Walmart.Stem jobs are h1b
>IT isn't a service
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.