[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This "I'm a progressive but if Hillary is the nominee,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 11
I won't argue that not voting makes you less of a progressive. What it does make you is a selfish, apathetic, fucking asshole progressive, and at that point you may as well not be a progressive at all.

The notion that you might be so bitter with the democratic nomination, that you might contribute to America reversing course in years or even decades, just out of some personal, fucking pride, is disgusting.

I guess everyone who says this bullshit must be made; someone who won't really be affected whether the president is someone like Trump or someone like Hillary? Right? That's the only explanation.

Otherwise, stop being a prick. You can either commit to making change, over time, with a person who is at least somewhat reasonable, or you could cross your arms and pout like a fucking child.
>>
Neogaf is literally worse than tumblr.
>>
>>67894969
Wrong response. The right one should be "Okay, so you're not voting. Good, progressives shouldn't have a say in American politics anyway."
>>
I used to be a Hillary supporter but I can't stand for her after she imitated a dog barking. I am now feeling the bern.
>>
>>67894969
>No Canadian flag.
I am genuinely surprised.
>>
>>67894969
Former #BernVictim here.

I'm voting for Jill Stein instead of Hillary.

I hope Trump wins for accelerationism.

Have a nice day faggot party line-toer. :^)
>>
>>67894969
>The notion that you might be so bitter with the democratic nomination, that you might contribute to America reversing course in years or even decades, just out of some personal, fucking pride, is disgusting.

Endorsing the corrupt, rigged, undemocratic nomination scheme the DNC runs means it will never change.

If they steal the nomination from Bernie, they won't get my vote. Any other choice is unethical cowardice.
>>
>>67895295
Is Jill Stein gonna be a write in? I've heard several Bernfags threaten to vote for her, but didn't realize she was actually in the race
>>
I'm a berner but I will be voting for Jill Stein or Gary Johnson if Hillary is the nominee. Hillary is pretty much a republican and she has no energy or charisma.
>>
>>67895420
she's the Green Party's candidate
>>
>>67895295

Fuck the Greens. We need a real Social Democratic party here, maybe Bernie can use all his left over money after the election is over and found one. Greens are regressive leftists, anti-science, alternative medicine, anti-GMO, anti-vax whackos unfortunately.
>>
>>67895535
>she's the Green Party's candidate

More info on the Green Party and it's candidates here:

>http://www.gp.org/2016
>>
>>67894969
"Progressive" is such a pretentious political descriptive.
As if their is some set linear progression of history which concludes in some leftist marxist utopia where everything they don't like is banned.
It the equivilent of saying "IT'S 2016 GUYS, I MEAN COME ON".
>>
>>67894969
m8 where on earth do you think you are
>>
File: OneNDone.png (117 KB, 1946x326) Image search: [Google]
OneNDone.png
117 KB, 1946x326
Pretty sure the OP is a shill. OP's post was a one-and-done copypasta driveby shilly-dilly - pic related.

So this is now a Green Party thread.
>>
>>67895420
Green party was only on the ballot for 37 states last time, so real hard to imagine taking her seriously if she can't get on all 50. Gary johnson is at least already on all 50.
>>
FUCK ALL SHILL THREADS

GET IN HERE NOW

>>67891661
>>67891661
>>67891661

NOWWW
>>
im a #bernvictim but if hillary is the nominee im jumping on the #trumptrain
>>
>>67895590
>maybe Bernie can use all his left over money after the election is over and found one

>implying bernie isn't going to be sick of corrupt politics and retire shortly after this election
>>
File: 1450990023824.jpg (101 KB, 825x648) Image search: [Google]
1450990023824.jpg
101 KB, 825x648
kill yourself Shillary

that """"""woman"""""" is Satan.
>>
>>67894969

Trump is honestly the best choice for the so called "progressives" in the fall and I say this as a liberal social democrat. The one thing we know for sure that Trump will do is immigration reform and border control, which is absolutely necessary for a welfare state to function. You can't have millions of people running around contributing nothing to the system, and you can't open the flood gates by inviting anyone who wants a free ride to get on board.

>>67895295

>Accelerationism

I didn't know there was an actual word for what I've been advocating for, which is electing Trump is a win-win scenario because either he does a really good job or he fucks up badly enough that we can create a real political revolution in 2020.

>>67895721

Completely agree. I think it's absurd to call ourselves progressives therefore implying that anyone else that disagrees with us is automatically a regressive. We are the only real regressives in that scenario.
>>
>>67894969

Thank you Hillary Shill for your paid opinion. Although I am not a fan of progressives, I respect them if they actually go through with not voting for Hillary. Hillary is literally a chameleon politician, "oh the nation likes gays now? I have always been for gays!" "The kids like Bernie? Well let me adopt most of his policy cause I want their votes!"

I can almost guarantee you the DNC and RNC are going to ensure something like a Bernie or a Trump cannot happen again in the next election, that is why we need an outsider to come in and fuck their shit up.
>>
File: vote025229015_n.jpg (39 KB, 720x714) Image search: [Google]
vote025229015_n.jpg
39 KB, 720x714
>>67894969
I want Bernie, but will vote for Hillary if she gets the nomination. I actually favored her over Obama way back when, but I digress. I have one friend on facebook, an old fuckbuddy, who now works in a dispensary in CO. She keeps ranting about how if Bernie doesn't get the nomination she's gonna vote for the green party or some useless shit and if we disagree we should just unfriend her...blah...blah...blah. So damn stupid. If Trump or Cruz win they could likely crack down on the states that legalized marijuana.
>>
>>67895590

Assuming your authentic and not trolling. Haven't you seen what is happening to real Social Democracies in Northern Europe? A combination of no border controls, the progressive mindset that you're obligated to help everyone, with a massive social welfare system is leading to shit like you have in Sweden.

We're already heading down that road as it is, do we really need to kick it into overdrive?
>>
>>67896649
ONE RACE RACE
ONE GOAL GOAL
ONE PEOPLE
>>
File: 1393261346970.jpg (98 KB, 610x888) Image search: [Google]
1393261346970.jpg
98 KB, 610x888
Voter turnout explained:
>You're at a party
>Everyone's hungry and decides to vote on what to eat
>Host gives everyone two options: turd dumplings or vomit stew
>Everyone wants something like pizza or chinese but their opinions don't matter because the host set the rules and only gives two terrible options
>Some people accept it and even start making arguments for why one would be better than the other
>You don't feel like voting because the outcome will suck no matter what
>Turd dumplings wins 51% to 49%
>It stinks up the whole fucking house and makes you gag
>You complain
>Everyone scowls and says "YOU DIDN'T VOTE SO YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN"
>also you cannot leave this party and you HAVE to eat the turd dumpling.
>meanwhile the parties down the street are shaking their head at our low voter turnout, but meanwhile their options consist of steak, pizza, burgers, chinese, mexican, pizza rolls, etc.

It's a rigged game, it's the illusion of choice, the choices suck, elected people never represent their voters, the system never changes... you cannot blame anyone for not participating and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.
>>
>>67897644
>implying Trump won't also be hurting from the absence of the Cruz/Rubio/Kasich voters who won't want to vote for someone they see as a psychopath.
>>
>>67896171
Maybe they'll dig up Ralph Nader.
>>
>>67894969
They're trying to capture the bernvictims
What's going to happen when Bernie bows to Hillary? We all knew since day one that he was controlled opposition
>>
>>67898056
Actually you're wrong
So is everyone this election though so congrats I guess
>>
>>67897937
Include me in the screencap
>>
If Hillary is nominated, I'm voting Trump!
>>
>>67894969
> progressive!
why dont you just admit what you really are?

marxists are so ashamed to confess what they secretly believe

if it's such a great idea, why does it fail every time it's used?

marxism needs to stop trying top change it's name every couple of years, nobody is fooled.
>>
There were more than one White nationalists in the last two elections who advocated voting for Obama on the theory that "worse is better" and Obama as president would set up conditions that would bring about something more favourable to their political cause.

How did that work out for them?
>>
>>67897937

Thanks for the laugh Hans. That was quite on point.
>>
>>67894969
>implying Hillary is a progressive and not just a typical corporate lobbyist controlled shill who says whatever her focus groups tell her polls best with progressive voters
>>
OP is mad because 1/3 of Bernie supporters will not vote for Hillary.
>>
>>67898494
>being this butthurt about a woman being president
>>
Progressives have had more than their fair chance to change anything or accomplish anything, and they've completely failed. Why do they deserve anyone's vote again? The democrats specifically prove they're still the Jim Crow party, as they stoke the fires of racial tension in an attempt to make their base forget this.
>>
File: 1458112474763.jpg (44 KB, 472x511) Image search: [Google]
1458112474763.jpg
44 KB, 472x511
>>67894969

>"Progressive" - Based on the idea of progressing towards something better.

You know what? The word "progress" is neutral and does not indicate only positive advancement.

>I'm sorry, but your cancer is inoperable. You have 6 months to live.

>What can I expect to happen over these 6 months.

>Well, as the cancer progresses, pain will become a constant factor, so we will have to start you on pain management therapy right away. Also, if the progression of this cancer follows a common course, you will eventually excrete all of your organs through your anus as you shit yourself to death.

>This will happen suddenly. You will feel a buildup of gas, and then, all of your organs will suddenly burt forth from between your butt cheeks. I am very sorry.

>PROGRESS!

Progress can be made in the wrong direction. I am tired of people treating this word as if it only applies to positive outcomes.
>>
>>67897937
Amen. This is why the Abstain Party completely dominates every election.

Fuck this system and anally rape faggots who try to guilt you into participating in it.
>>
>>67897937
You can vote for a third party candidate. Nobody complains if you do that.
>>
>>67896171
> implying Gary Johnson is in any way similar to jill stein

johnson is a libertarian, which means he is in favour of LIBERTY, while stein, like sanders , is a marxist, which means they want an oppressive police state and total control over the lives of their victims.

bernie drones can seamlessly transition to Marxist Candidate 2, but berniefags voting for johnson is highly unlikely.
>>
Is this some kind of bizarro /pol/ thread?
>>
>>67894969

Voting doesn't matter.

America is not a democracy.

You'd have to be 12 years old to think otherwise.
>>
>>67898867
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1198274
>>
>>67898561
Kek, does she satisfy your femdom fetish Maplecuck?
>>
I don't think hillary would ever hold an unpopular opinion and for that reason I wouldn't vote for her. You can't trust someone like that.
>>
File: 1450210926430.jpg (21 KB, 638x573) Image search: [Google]
1450210926430.jpg
21 KB, 638x573
I honestly think Hillary would have a breakdown in her first year of office and would attach a safe space wing to the White House.
>>
>>67898918
> voting doesnt matter
said the salty berniefag who is about to open his wrists in a bathtub...

voting DOES matter, especially in the primaries, unless youre a democrat, then your vote doesnt mean shit.

"super-delegates" ensure that the democrat machine gets exactly who they want, and no amount of popular support can change the outcome

republicans poll their membership and THAT is what decides the nominee.

suck it democrats

> the US is not a democracy

no, it's a democratic republic.
democracy is a retarded way to do ANYTHING in any group larger than ~20
>>
File: 1446083676473.jpg (151 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1446083676473.jpg
151 KB, 960x960
>>67894969
No one should vote for hillary. Why would you voluntarily put in the most corrupt politician that ever existed? You deserve your fate if you vote for her. You should be voting against her tbqh even if you're a progressive you should vote for trump. If you truely believe in anti-war than it's necessary. If you truely believe in campaign finance reform it's necessary.
>>
>>67895590
If Bernie doesn't get the Democratic nomination, then he has to forfeit the direct donations (not super PACs) to the DNC. The DNC will use his money to help elect Hillary.
>>
If Trump wins, the GOP gets to pick the next Supreme Court justice, shifting the balance of the court dangerously Right for decades. That means abortion and gay marriage are back on the table and Citizens United is not.

If Hillary wins, it's 4-8 more years of politics as usual, but the SCOTUS will be more balanced (though not left-leaning, because despite the fever dreams of conservatives Hillary is not radically liberal like Sanders).

Any "progressive" who decides to pat themselves on the back by going third party or not voting at all is selfish, plain and simple.
>>
>>67898336
I don't know about you but I've never ran into anyone saying "Cruz is my top pick but if he doesn't get nominated then I'd be cool with Trump too, he's pretty solid".
They all basically say the same things that Cruz, Rubio, and Kasich are saying, that Trump is a demagogue, a megalomaniac, etc.

On the other hand there are plenty of people on the left who see Hillary and Bernie as two sides of the same coin, and don't think it'd make much difference who gets nominated as long as they beat Trump.
>>
>>67899999
>I don't know about you but I've never ran into anyone saying "Cruz is my top pick but if he doesn't get nominated then I'd be cool with Trump too, he's pretty solid".
But this DID happen when other candidates dropped out, a lot of Jeb's voters went to Trump for example.
>>
File: 1458239893403.jpg (86 KB, 868x868) Image search: [Google]
1458239893403.jpg
86 KB, 868x868
>>67894969

>implying Hilary isn't Hitler
>>
File: 011 - vwj39XA.png (913 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
011 - vwj39XA.png
913 KB, 680x680
>>67899999
shit get senpai
>>
>>67894969
MUH PROGRESSIVISM
MUH IRRELEVANT SOCIAL ISSUES

You people are retards. Hillary is a danger to the world, responsible for hundreds of thousands of dead and millions displaced.

And she wasn't even president then
>>
Hilary is a shill. Every time she gets called out on her contradictory shit, she has no idea what to say, and it's fucking embarrassing. There is little to no difference between her and a neocon candidate.
>>
>>67899999
People do say that actually. (Your first paragraph) My dad looks at it that way and I'm sure lots of other people do too.
>>
>>67898850
>Nobody
You sure about that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v7XXSt9XRM
>>
>>67899999
>I've never ran into anyone saying "Cruz is my top pick but if he doesn't get nominated then I'd be cool with Trump too, he's pretty solid"
In Germany? I can't imagine why...

It's not like your experiences are statistically significant anyway.
>>
>>67900456
American stationed in Germany.
>>
>>67895097
yet you browse it
>>
File: progressives.jpg (63 KB, 736x618) Image search: [Google]
progressives.jpg
63 KB, 736x618
>>67894969
>progress

Yeah, progressing over a cliff.

top kek
>>
>>67894969
>selfish, apathetic, fucking asshole progressive, and at that point you may as well not be a progressive at all.

wrong: this makes you a real progressive at all.
>>
>>67897721
You make a good point and I definitely agree with everything you've said. In no realm of reality do I consider myself a typical progressive as I've previously said that I absolutely despise the use of that word. Most of my family lives in Germany and Sweden and so this does hit close to home. I absolutely want closed borders, and I think the reason social democracies like Denmark, Norway, and Sweden have been so successful is because they are predominantly one race, one culture, and one people. There is no divisiveness and instead there is a genuine feeling of wanting to help your fellow Nord or Swede, and wanting to help lift up the country as a whole. The migrant crisis has drastically changed that, and already we are beginning to see the decline of some of these welfare states. To directly respond to your point, I agree that it's a slippery slope to peddle the notion that we should help everyone, when frankly mostly everyone doesn't even want to help themselves. To summarize, I think social democracies can really only truly exist in fortress nations with strict border controls and a strong sense of nationalism, whether or not we can ever bring such commie ideas to the USA is a whole 'nother story. I hope this answer was sufficient, I don't want to bog you down with pages of text on an image board.

>>67898056
I think that if you take into account that Hillary does terrible with independents and anywhere from 20%-30% of Bernie supporters refuse to support her, and compare that too how well Trump does with independents and understand that the Republicans are honestly much more likely to rally behind him and turn out and vote after 8 years of Obama than not, I think that the odds are actually pretty even overall.

>>67898381
MAGA

>>67898454
Source? Not saying I don't believe you but I can't find anything on this and I'd like to read into it as it could help bolster my support Trump argument.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.