[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come the US Dollar thrives under Democrats and collapses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 15
File: USDthxOBAMA.png (42 KB, 670x445) Image search: [Google]
USDthxOBAMA.png
42 KB, 670x445
Chart is from Jan. 1993 to present. Soared under Clinton. Crashed under Bush. Recovering strongly under Obama.
>>
>>67624754
>us dollar thriving
>any date after 1913

pick1
>>
>>67624754
How come the Canadian Dollar collapses under DUDE WEED LMAO?
>>
>>67624754
>sample size: 3
dropped
>>
>>67624846
you know the truth son.
>>
>>67624846
It's not 1912 anymore. We're not on the gold standard. It's the 21st century. Deal with it. Look at the chart moron.
>>
File: thxjustin.png (30 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
thxjustin.png
30 KB, 620x349
>>67624849
It doesn't. It collapsed under Conservative Harper. Who lied to you and told you it happened under Trudeau? Are you some kind of moron?
>>
>>67624754
not sure if you don't understand global economics or not, but a weak US dollar encourages foreign countries to buy US debt and bonds as well as their own investments in US businesses and properties that are taxable assets become valuable revenue streams for growth and sustained income.

a very strong dollar means much better domestic buying power at the consequence of greater costs of doing business and trading in the global market where exported goods have a tough time competing with places that either have weaker currencies, or afford far cheaper products at the point of sale.

since more and more of the profitable market is dominated by services and consumables, a weaker US dollar is preferable to a strong one, as the domestic buyers are a much smaller share of the market compared to the global consumers overseas that would buy the product on more competitive pricing.

heck, most companies in the US knows that US products must compete on innovation and quality, rather than price, because the cost of doing business in the US is obscene - to the point where US goods fair poorly on the global market if it isn't food, electronics, or weapons.
>>
>>67625773
>a weaker US dollar is preferable to a strong one

WRONG.

You must be a conservative. Always worshiping failure.

I hate to break it to you but it's not good to be poor.

A strong dollar is much better for the US overall. Not good for exporters, but better for the US overall.

The US economy is a consumption economy, retard.
>>
>>67626049
He isn't wrong you dumbfuck. Also Ron Paul believes in strong dollar. That isn't left wing ideology. Businesses actually do benefit from weaker currency because they wont have to compete against China as hard.
>>
>>67624754
Federal reserve system, they manipulate the economy so that it crashes in republican years and booms in democrat years to push anti white policies on America. Whenever it booms in a conservative year, they send interest rates up. It is literally the Banker Jews fucking everyone over, but only a very small number of people who know enough about economics to know it, and they are all outshouted by miles by the Jew owned media blaming conservative values.
>>
>>67626195
>We need a weak dollar so we can compete with Chinese wages!

- Trumptards
>>
>>67626049
>>67624754
Too bad this means nothing since the economy as a whole is what's important :(
>tfw higher job growth under coolidge than Clinton and Obama
topcuck
>>
>>67626049
a weaker dollar encourages people to buy your products - this is critical when between two currencies of equal value, one product is much cheaper than the other due to much lower COGS for various reasons (cheaper labor, cheaper materials, lower tariffs, et c).

assuming you don't participate in such a market, then a stronger dollar is usually better for domestic markets, or protected markets where imported goods can be controlled or taxed to make domestic products more competitive.

in economies that are kinda between the two, you have to play a game where you have a weaker dollar to your export partners, and a strong one against your import partners. another method is having an overall slightly weaker dollar and implementing import controls so that domestic markets - while not as robust as they could be - drive significant revenue through debt trading and capital trading with investors that depend on financial securities for their profits. say, a foreign bank that buys US housing debts.

try reading my whole post next time. that or finish high school economics.
>>
>>67624754
>OP too young to remember the dot-com bubble
>>
File: quantumleapretarded.gif (2 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
quantumleapretarded.gif
2 MB, 240x180
>sample size: the middle of a recession
kek
>>
>>67626442
>tfw higher job growth under FDR than Coolidge
>tfw Trumptards praise Coolidge for ushering in the Republican Great Depression
>tfw the Clinton economy created 23 million private sector jobs, the highest in American history.
>>
>>67625166
that doesnt look like thriving my friend
>>
>>67626548
>shitposter too young to remember massive Bush deficits, tax cuts for the rich, trillion dollar wars overseas and Bush keeping America safe on 9/11. All that conservative failure tends to shit on the dollar.
>>
>>67626684
>sample size: the entire Clinton, Bush and Obama presidency.
>>
>>67626711
>>tfw higher job growth under FDR
>World War 2 and unprecedented spending
You forgot to mention- what percentage of the Roosevelt jobs were private sector
>tfw the Clinton economy created 23 million private sector jobs, the highest in American history.
Rate is more meaningful, and Coolidge beat him. Reagan, after inheriting a bad economy, went on to beat Clinton in his second term. Clinton himself inherited one of the best stock markets of all time from HW Bush, and industry was also booming.
>>
>>67624754
republicans manipulate currency to boost exports. Strong dollar is not good for US economy
>>
>>67626743
I know. This chart shows the Canadian dollar crashing during Harper's Conservative majority government.
>>
cause the republicans usually control the house during a democrat's presidency and vice versa
>>
>>67626350
let's pretend it's an ideal world. you are Canada - specifically a Canadian distributor, importer, or retailer.

the US and China have equal currency value, so a product that costs$100 USD is also $100 CNY. the product sells for $200 CAN, and you derive $100 CAN profit. this is a purposely simplified scenario.

the US wants you to buy more of their product than China's so they purposely devalue their currency slightly against the CAN $ so their product now is sold to you for $90 CAN, giving you more profit.

in return, the US gets more market share, and the slightly weaker dollar helps the USG in selling debt to other countries who are looking for more efficient investments in a country that has overall more trade going on. that investment goes back into the US economy and provides security and capital for business and domestic markets... all at the cost of being very careful of how you price your currency.

that, in a nutshell, is a very simplified way of why a weaker dollar can be a good thing - specifically when participating in global trading.
>>
>>67626847
>>sample size: the entire Clinton, Bush and Obama presidency.
Which is nothing- like I said, comparing a recession to a recovery is pathetic
>>
>>67626885
This.

That's why Germany thrives in the EU, they can export easily in the eurozone.
>>
File: strength of the dollar.jpg (92 KB, 594x385) Image search: [Google]
strength of the dollar.jpg
92 KB, 594x385
I wonder why my cucked little friend failed to mention that it's peak was under a Republican
>>
>>67624754
Getting out of wars usually costs more money than bring in them
>>
File: feel the bern.jpg (43 KB, 960x528) Image search: [Google]
feel the bern.jpg
43 KB, 960x528
>>67624754
>>67624754
canada cuck nigger

https://soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/emperor-trump
>>
>>67626871
Wow you're completely mentally retarded. You're praising Coolidge for starting the Republican Great Depression. Why do you right wingers always worship failure?

FDR had a higher job creation rate than Coolidge.

Clinton had a higher job creation rate than Reagan.

Not to mention, the reason why Republicans love Reagan so much is because he TRIPLED the national debt. If Obama was as bad as Reagan on the national debt, it would be $30 TRILLION right now.

You think Clinton inherited a good economy from Bush? You're legitimately mentally handicapped.

Clinton inherited the worst economy since the Republican Great Depression.

Don't you remember, it's the economy stupid?

You're obviously too stupid to know about the early 90's recession.

Here's a protip for you.

The economy was so bad after 12 years of Reagan/Bush, that even Trump at the time called it a DEPRESSION.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rksd80-FCAw&feature=youtu.be&t=198

3:21

TRUMPTARDS BTFO.
>>
>>67626921
And how much worst is the chart that shows the crash under weed man
>>
>>67626885
Strong dollar has always been better for the US economy. It's a consumption economy.

I can't believe Trumpmorons want America to be poor.

You idiots cannot be trusted with the White House.
>>
>>67627131
Wtf is this? This is the USD to CAD. My chart is the US DOLLAR INDEX.

Have you ever traded FOREX before?

What kind of a retard are you?
>>
>>67624754
>Democrats shit the bed
>Republicans clean it up
>>
>>67627298
You tell me retard. The Canadian dollar is around 75 cents. Right where it was when Trudeau entered office.

Harper took it from $1.07 to 75 cents.

Trudeau is worse though right?

Conservatives... always worshiping failure.
>>
>>67626996
devaluing your currency shouldn't be legal
If you fuck your citizens over by making their money weaker, as in, work more hours to buy the same exact thing, how is that right?
>>
>>67627273
>Wow you're completely mentally retarded. You're praising Coolidge for starting the Republican Great Depression.
Didn't praise him, I'm just using your standards- since economics can be simplified to muh jerbs, coolidge must be great
>FDR had a higher job creation rate than Coolidge.
Told you already, he was spending during a depression. Anyone would have had a higher creation rate.
>Not to mention, the reason why Republicans love Reagan so much is because he TRIPLED the national debt
Like Roosevelt, he spent heavily and it worked- the economy was great and he outdid Clinton in his second term.
>You think Clinton inherited a good economy from Bush? You're legitimately mentally handicapped.
Did I say that? Strange, you seem to struggle, try reading more. I hear that repetition helps with comprehension- I reccommend basic books to start with.
>Clinton inherited the worst economy since the Republican Great Depression.
Source?
>The economy was so bad after 12 years of Reagan/Bush
Why group Reagan with Bush? It sounds like you're desperate. Either way it's stupid and unscientific.
>trumptards
never supported trump. God, you're pathetic
>>
>>67626996
Weaker dollar is better for a weaksauce country like Canada that needs to export its good to the almighty powerful USA.

Strong dollar is better for the USA. US is the world's largest economy. It's not an export driven economy. Sorry but it isn't. It doesn't have to be. You've had trade deficits for decades and that's not going to change.

Despite what Republicans believe, it's not good to be poor. It's good to be rich. You want a strong dollar. It makes purchases cheaper, it makes imports cheaper, it makes travelling cheaper, it makes the American people richer.
>>
>>67627042
Economies crash under Republicans and recover under Democrats. Everyone knows that.
>>
>>67627488
Canada is the land of faggot cucks. Justin Trudeau should not be allowed to be PM solely on the fact that he is a self proclaimed feminist.
>>
>>67627676
>Economies crash under Republicans and recover under Democrats.
Really
>Eisenhower maintained a prosperous economy
>Johnson fucked the economy up, Nixon of all people repaired it
>Jimmy carter fucked up, Reagan outdid Clinton in his second term
So this is why your graphs are so narrow- you need to focus on the Bush family
>>
>>67627646
and nothing i posted counters that. i noted that it is specifically good in a global trading economy. domestic markets where goods are bought and sold primarily via imports, needs a stronger currency value. heck i posted that near the beginning of the thread.

it's like no one can follow a conversation anymore.
>>
File: demsbettermorejobs.jpg (114 KB, 475x263) Image search: [Google]
demsbettermorejobs.jpg
114 KB, 475x263
>>67627607
Man are you butthurt. What are you following me from thread to thread now?

The economy is about a lot more than jobs. You're the one that keeps saying it's just about jobs.

I've brought up GDP growth, debt to GDP ratio, job creation, stock market performance, plenty of things.

Democrats are better for the economy. Everyone knows that.

You're praising Calvin Coolidge, you have to go back nearly 100 years and praise the man who had to apologize for the fucking Republican Great Depression.

You're sad and pathetic.

This chart (pic related) literally triggers you.

>BUT MUH EISENHOWER

>ou think Clinton inherited a good economy from Bush? You're legitimately mentally handicapped.
Did I say that? Strange, you seem to struggle, try reading more. I hear that repetition helps with comprehension- I reccommend basic books to start with.

You said it right here moron:

>. Clinton himself inherited one of the best stock markets of all time from HW Bush, and industry was also booming.

Clinton inherited what Trump described as a depression.

Clinton smoked Reagan.

You're a retard who thinks that Reagan only served 1 term. How stupid could you be? Seriously how much of a moron do you have to be to think that Reagan only served 1 term?

Everyone knows that Clinton's 8 years of job creation far outpaced Reagan's 8 years.

23 million vs 15 million. Not even close bub. Not close percentage wise either,

Plus Clinton did what no Republican knows how to do, he balanced the budget 3 times. He left Bush a $263 BILLION budget surplus that Bush squandered.
>>
>>67624754
How come your mum thrives on my cock and collapses on your dads m8?
>>
File: bgn-di1.gif (8 KB, 536x387) Image search: [Google]
bgn-di1.gif
8 KB, 536x387
>both peaks are republican
my sides
>>
>>67628122
seems like since reagan - george bush it went down, then clinton made it go up, still went up under bush, but also fukken AS;LDKJFSA;LKDJ CRASSSHEDDDDSADSS AHHH MY LEG
>>
>>67626813
That's nothing considering Odumbo is ending on a $20 Trillion price tag

Good at the economy, except when they run of other people's money to borrow.
>>
>>67628083
>Man are you butthurt. What are you following me from thread to thread now?
It's fun to fuck with autists, you make an easy target.
>The economy is about a lot more than jobs. You're the one that keeps saying it's just about jobs.
That's my point- yet you only post job budget, hurr durrr jobs budget.
>Democrats are better for the economy. Everyone knows that.
But all your proof is hurr durr jobs/budget- meanwhile, historian agree that Eisenhower, Nixon, Reagan all facilitated success.
>You're praising Calvin Coolidge,
I used him to illustrate appoint. Jesus, don't they have schools up there?
>Clinton himself inherited one of the best stock markets of all time from HW Bush, and industry was also booming.
Strange, I don't see anything about the economy overall- just the stock market, etc, which is validated here:
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-economy-under-george-hw-bush-2012-7
>Clinton smoked Reagan.
Reagan smoked Clinton. See how easy it is?
>Everyone knows that Clinton's 8 years of job creation far outpaced Reagan's 8 years.
And Reagan inherited a shit economy, while Clinton inherited an economy ripe for a stock market (thanks to Bush) and technological boom
>Plus Clinton did what no Republican knows how to do,
Except Eisenhower, apparently
>>
File: Reagantripleddebt.jpg (202 KB, 600x446) Image search: [Google]
Reagantripleddebt.jpg
202 KB, 600x446
>>67627869
>>Eisenhower maintained a prosperous economy

Literally 3 recessions during his presidency.

What is about you right wing morons always praising failure?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recession_of_1953

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recession_of_1958

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recession_of_1960%E2%80%9361

JFK beat up Eisenhower and Nixon over the shitty economy in the 1960 election you moron.

>>Johnson fucked the economy up, Nixon of all people repaired it

LOL!

The 1960's were the most prosperous decade in American history.

The "highest economic growth decade was the 1960s. Income tax rates were 90 percent."
-Bill Gates

Fucking Bill Gates said that. He knows a lot more about capitalism than you moron.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/may/17/bill-gates/bill-gates-high-taxes-and-high-growth-can-co-exist/

The 1970's were riddled with stagflation and oil crises and you praise Nixon? LOL!

>>Jimmy carter fucked up, Reagan outdid Clinton in his second term

Jimmy Carter outdid Reagan and Clinton in terms of job creation.

I already explained to you that Reagan was a 2 term president, not 1 term and that Clinton smoked Reagan. You only love Reagan because he tripled the national debt.
>>
>>67628382
You need to find yourself a boyfriend. You're way too obsessed with me.

Seriously, you spent your entire night lurking for me on 4chan, trying to start arguments with me that you know you're going to lose cause you're a moron.

You need to do something with your life.
>>
>>67628550
can I be your boyfriend, canada? eventually marry me so I can become canadian?

and lol, "jobs thrived under eisenhower!" not a good republican example as he had public works projects. Niggas don't do that nowadays, too much gobamin spending

GET THE GOBAMIN OUT OF MY MEDICARE
>>
File: 1453175167328.png (161 KB, 423x516) Image search: [Google]
1453175167328.png
161 KB, 423x516
>>67628404
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recession_of_1953
This is just pathetic- he had only been president for few months at the time of this recession. This was the fault of Truman.
The other were minor recessions, and most analsts agree that Eisenhowers economy was decent.
I don't know why you're so desperate to repeat that weak point.
>Fucking Bill Gates said that.
my sides, at least now I know I've won and can go to bed- here's a quote on Nixon's excellent 60's inheritance
>At the time Nixon took office in 1969, inflation was at 4.7 percent—its highest rate since the Korean War. The Great Society had been enacted under Johnson, which, together with the Vietnam War costs, was causing large budget deficits. Unemployment was low, but interest rates were at their highest in a century.
Nixon turned this around in only 2 years.
>Jimmy Carter outdid Reagan and Clinton in terms of job creation.
So did Calvin Coolidge, who was a terrible president. Meanwhile, the overall economy was mediocre under Carter, and Reagan had to deal with his shithow- he overcame that and outdid Clinton in his second term.
>You only love Reagan because he tripled the national debt.
Now you're catching on. As a keynesian, I admire the fact that Reagan and Obama spend for growth

nice try senpai
>>
Relublican senate = balanced budgets.
Majority of deficit spending has coms from democratic senates
>>
>>67628550
>spends his night shitposting the same tired arguments
>gets btfo
>keeps replying
kek nice projection
Meanwhile I'm drunk at 1am on a weeknight- the perfect time to bully a canadian imbecile
>>
>>67628083
>I don't understand the pic I just posted

Roosevelt's policies led to Ike's numbers and his policies led to LBJ's numbers and so one till Bush 2 shat the bed then they just started to lie to get Obama's numbers.

It's been like this for a long long time because it takes longer than the president is allowed to stay in office before his policies are fully felt.
>>
>>67628867
what does a government spending dutch cuck know about ameriga?
budget was balanced with our gov spending until bush got in, in which he cut taxes and then let it spiral out of control
>>
>>67628711
>jobs thrived under eisenhower
They really didn't, the economy as a whole did. In fact, Reagan had a higher growth rate
>>
>>67628999
hey, man. Was just going off what you actually said in a previous post
>>But all your proof is hurr durr jobs/budget- meanwhile, historian agree that Eisenhower, Nixon, Reagan all facilitated success.
>>
>>67628752
Buddy you're beyond a total, complete moron. You've made so many mistakes, so many errors. I'm saving these so next time you try to start up stupid arguments with me, I'll just post your own words to show what a retard you are.

>but interest rates were at their highest in a century.

You think 4.4% interest is high? You think in 1969 that was the highest in a century?

There's no other way to say this.

YOU'RE A TOTAL, COMPLETE, AUTISTIC MORON.

The rates were higher just in the previous decade. YOU MORON.

NIXON FIXED IT?

By the time he resigned in disgrace, INTEREST RATES WERE TRIPLE what they were in 1969.

Buddy you're a moron.

Give up already. You're so fucking stupid.

You don't have a clue about American history or economics.

4.4% the highest in a century. AHAHAHAA YOU FUCKING NIMROD.

Get a life bro.
>>
>>67628867
George Bush had a Republican Senate. That's when you can see the massive decline in the USD during the 2000's.
>>
>>67628969
Because a president controls the senate right?

Clinton had to work with a republican senate who balanced the budgets.
Debt only staryedbgoing out of control when a democratic senate gained the majority
>>
>>67628870
Buddy you've been BTFO in every stupid argument you started with me. You're the one who spends your entire night lurking from thread to thread, looking for me, like you have some kind of homo faggot man crush on me.

You're so drunk out of your face, you're too fucking shitfaced to recognize that you're getting BTFO.

4.4% highest interest rate in a century?

Clinton inherited a strong economy from Bush?

You're beyond a moron.
>>
>>67629139
And debt only started skyrocketing when a democratic senate got the majority
>>
>>67626049
A
Fucking
Leaf
>>
canada why won't you marry me
>>
because they do this every 4/8 years. We want the republicans to drag us in war and mess everything up. Then oh save us mr democrat.
>>
File: fedora'dgentleman.gif (1 MB, 230x172) Image search: [Google]
fedora'dgentleman.gif
1 MB, 230x172
>>67629091
>You've made so many mistakes, so many errors.
> AHAHAHAA YOU FUCKING NIMROD.
kek this is a goldmine- pic related

That was actually a quotation from an historian - in my haste I forgot to us the marks, but now I'm glad I was lazy- it led to this spaz attack
Here's the man that rekt you, if you're interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_E._Ambrose
>>
>>67628952
>Roosevelt's policies led to Ike's numbers

Do you understand that when Roosevelt enacted his New Deal policies, the effects were felt right away?

Millions of Americans got back to work.

You stupid fucking moron. It doesn't take 20 years for economic policies to come into effect.

You are such a fucking retard.

Do you seriously think that when Bush cut taxes for the rich, they only get tax cuts 20 years later?

Do you seriously think that when Obamacare starts, people only get Obamacare 20 years later?

This is how you think. This is how much of a moron you are.
>>
>>67629315
Meanwhile democrats just bomb them
>>
>>67629065
>>But all your proof is hurr durr jobs/budget-
My points was that it's not just jobs/budget
Looks like you were only going off your own little misconceptions, buddy :(
>>
>>67629368
>Do you understand that when Roosevelt enacted his New Deal policies, the effects were felt right away?
>Millions of Americans got back to work.
>You stupid fucking moron. It doesn't take 20 years for economic policies to come into effect.
>You are such a fucking retard.
>Do you seriously think that when Bush cut taxes for the rich, they only get tax cuts 20 years later?
>Do you seriously think that when Obamacare starts, people only get Obamacare 20 years later?
>This is how you think. This is how much of a moron you are.
Not all of the effects were felt right away.
You sound like you're starting to panic, by the way- you can still close the window, if your sweaty hands haven't ruined the mouse
>>
>>67624754
>How come the US Dollar thrives under Democrats and collapses under Republicans?

Republicans don't control the deficit. Democrats do. Also the economy tends to grow faster under Democrats.
>>
>>67624754
Because economies lag
>>
>>67629467
What mental handicap do you suffer from?

You've been BTFO in every argument you started and you've been proven to be a moron.

Why do you lurk from thread to thread trying to find me so you can shitpost your stupidity?

Surely, there must be easier ways for you to find a boyfriend.
>>
>>67629567
I agree we should elect Democrats because the economy does better when they're in charge.

For make believe, we can pretend it's because of something Republicans did 20 years ago.
>>
>>67624754
>A fucking leaf.

Sage.
>>
>>67629256
Debt skyrocketed cause Bush cut taxes for the rich, launched 2 ground wars in the middle east, then crashed the economy.

Republican failure is expensive.
>>
>>67629629
20 yrs, the 90s, clinton was president
30 years ago reagan was, and he was the worst president in modern history imo
>>
>>
>>67624754
How come slavery thrives under democrats and is abolished under republicans?
>>
File: 48f.png (72 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
48f.png
72 KB, 200x200
>>67629576
kek this is gold, please keep it up autist
>>
>>67624849
Maybe they should legalize DMT and see how how it goes.
>>
>>67629714
Reagan was the worst.

Republicans worship Reagan because he TRIPLED the national debt.
>>
>>67624754
>fed reserve prints money
>fed reserve says dollar value is up
Certainly no biases here
>>
>>67629791
I think the Dems are doing it wrong.
>>
>>67629714
Under Clinton Republicans controlled congress.
Under Reagan Democrats controlled the house.
>>
>>67624754
because we buy fucktons of guns when theres a democrat president
>>
>>67629815
>hated gays
>allowed companies to fuck the people
>>
>>67629815
No, they worship him because they're ignorant brainwashed fools.
>>
>>67629912
Careful- his mind will explode when he learns that Presidents aren't dictators
Autists don't like to be challenged
>>
>>67629912
>What is the 1993 Omnibus Budget Act

Raised taxes on the rich and corporations. Set of the 90's boom.

Not 1 Republican voted for it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnibus_Budget_Reconciliation_Act_of_1993
>>
>>67630023
clinton was also a piece of shit, even if the budget was balanced
>>
>>67629994
Surely when Republicans spend 50 million investigating Bill Clinton's penis and trying to impeach the president over a blowjob, that's good for the economy right?

Oh see those dips in the early 2010's? That's when the Republicans shut down the US government and tried to default on the US dollar.

Brilliant strategy!
>>
>>67629697
There was a hell of a lot more going on than just Bush and his "new pearl harbor", but I wouldn't expect a leaf to see anymore than one dimensional causations here.
>>
>>67629994
Aren't you the moron in this thread who said that 4.4% interest rate was the highest in a century.

You're so stupid, you probably think George W. Bush kept America safe on 9/11.
>>
The tough on crime bill made by Clinton really gave the black populace a hit they never recovered from
>>
File: 1457992210369.jpg (70 KB, 535x535) Image search: [Google]
1457992210369.jpg
70 KB, 535x535
>>67625773
>bullshit, the post

There's so much nonsense in that post it's insane. No wonder America's economy is shit and we're running such huge trade and budget deficits.

The only reason the dollar is rising is because nearly every major country in the world is embarking on QE (stimulus) at the same time in an unprecedented attempt to stimulate their economy and to retain the status quo of the global monetary system. For whatever reason people look at the US dollar as a "safe" asset.

Meanwhile if the dollar was as strong as everyone says it is, gold would be falling in price and silicon valley wouldn't be investing billions of dollars into digital currency.

The chart that OP is showing - when Clinton left office our trade deficit and budget deficits exploded in his last two years and got ridiculous under Bush. That's why the dollar was such a mess.
>>
>>67629368
>Being this assmad.

20 years, try half... and why pick that number? you do know a Presidents term is 8 years.
>>
>>67630146
The chart doesn't lie.

The US dollar skyrocketed under Clinton, crashed under Bush, is doing pretty damn well under Obama.

The only reason to vote Republican is if you want the economy to crash again.
>>
>>67630109
If Clinton had just admitted directly as opposed to lying heb could have stayed in the house
>>
>>67630194
Gold has fallen pretty far from its peak.

A lot of the gold morons have been predicting hyper inflation and $10,000 gold for quite some time now.
>>
>>67629368
Roosevelt was president for 12 years and we were in a depression the ENTIRE TIME
>>
>>67630226
Clinton had a republican congress.
President doesnt set the budget
>>
>>67630253
wat
clinton finished his presidency you muslim fuck
>>
>>67630154
>Aren't you the moron in this thread who said that 4.4% interest rate was the highest in a century.
No, that was a prominent historian named Stephen Ambrose>>67629354
>You're so stupid, you probably think George W. Bush kept America safe on 9/11.
Remember when you spazzed out and it turned out you were arguing with an history professor? lel, I wish Bush could have protected us from witnessing that
>>
>>67627739
>Canada is the land of faggot cucks
Nice. conservatives get so BTFO their only argument is to pretend to be highschool bullies name-calling everyone. Time to back it up son.
>>
>>67630216
The moron I was talking to said that Roosevelt's policies came into effect under Ike. That's about a 20 year difference.

> you do know a Presidents term is 8 years.

That's not the difference between FDR and Eisenhower.

FDR was elected in 1932. Eisenhower in 1952.
>>
>>67630325
Just having a giggle made
>>
>>67630288
President submits the budget every year you moron.

Bush had a GOP Congress.

The only thing the GOP was trying to do during Clinton was investigate his penis and impeach him.
>>
>>67630346
>pink id
>reddit post
lel
>>
>>67630333
You need to find yourself a boyfriend. I already told you I'm not interested. Stop stalking me from thread to thread with your shitposting.

Stop asking me if I remember you this remember you that.

I don't remember you, you fucking legit faggot.
>>
>>67629753
funniest shit I've ever seen. Get ready for it to drop back down to bush levels when trump is elected.
>>
>>67630409
And who approves of the budget?
Clinton had to work with a gop congress.

US debt only started skyrocketing once the democrats gained a congress majority
>>
>>67630023
Tech bubble.
>>
>>67629753
More accurate.
>>
>>67630479
>more namecalling
you are actually a child. Grow up
>>
>>67630525
Computers.
>>
>>67630552
Congress has more power than the president.

And how is your chart more accurate when mine was already factual
>>
>>67630023
What set off the tech bubble was a huge amount of money printing. Clinton tripled the trade deficit in the last 2 or 3 years of him being president.

Face it our economy is just massive debt financed consumption on a level no one has ever seen. It's fake as a 3$ bill. Look at what the American savings rate is. If we couldn't borrow money for a day our entire economy would collapse.
>>
>>67630552
This is the exact same thing but with extra presidents/years before it
>>
File: bushtaxcutsdebt.jpg (110 KB, 350x432) Image search: [Google]
bushtaxcutsdebt.jpg
110 KB, 350x432
>>67630511
You know what caused the debt? Bush's tax cuts, insane foreign wars, and him crashing the economy. Everyone knows that.

Pic related.
>>
>>67630716
Because democrats don't do war right?
>>
>>67630716
Why are you just talking about government debt though? We've been running trade deficits for years. We ran a 550 BILLION DOLLAR trade deficit last year. Clintons second to last year in office it was 150 billion!!
>>
>>67630484
>Stop asking me if I remember you this remember you that.
>I don't remember you, you fucking legit faggot.
Remember that time you btfo yourself? here's a quote:
>Aren't you the moron in this thread who said

This spaz attack is good stuff though
>>
>>67630790
6 Trillion dollar Iraq War? No. That's on Bush.

Obama's Libya war cost about 1 billion. If that.

Bush turned a $263 BILLION budget surplus into a $1.4 TRILLION budget deficit.

You're actually defending that moron?
>>
>>67630571
Your first post itt was an insult, you've contributed nothing. Grow up.

Nice pink id btw
>>
>>67630883
There was not one year in which the national debt went down during Clinton's presidency. The entire budget surplus was just the Jew media lying as usual and you eat this shit up.

http://www.craigsteiner.us/articles/16
>>
>>67624754
Someone with more worldly knowledge could break this graph down more specifically, but the dollar is tied to many
things outside the control than the executive head of a 4-year term is capable of influencing reasonably.

The dollar has gained value since 2015 because the available supply of oil surged and OPEC reacted by undercutting
the market which increased the demand for the dollar which is used internationally for the purchase of oil.

In the same moment we've added onto our debt by insane amount and that's going to have consequences no matter which party
holds office.
>>
>>67630883
Obama promised to get the troops out of Iraq directly but instead kept the status quo for as long as he could.
Democrats are just as warmongering

Also I can just say Nixon got the us out of vietnam

And the republican congress made sure the budget was balanced under clintons rule
Learn to read. Democratic congress is what is correlated with a skyrocketing debt
>>
>>67631208
>ut the dollar is tied to many
things outside the control than the executive head of a 4-year term is capable of influencing reasonably.
Good point tbqh
The birth of the Euro is a good example of this
>>
>>67630353
>The pic you posted is as fucking autistic as you are

After Roosevelt/"Truman" then a drop after Ike a rise after Kennedy/"LBJ" not so bad a drop because they weren't shit presidents and so on and so forth till Bush shit up the place and then they started lieing and we get to 0bama.

Did that penetrate your autism? or should I try again?
>>
>>67624754
>highest point in 2004
>>
>>67625112
>It's not 1912 anymore. We're not on the gold standard

That's why it now costs 100 dollars to buy what 50 did back in 1993.
>>
Can someone explain to me why the dollar is raising within FED's loose monetary policy?

That should be impossible, unless it's yet another bubble.
Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.