[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GOP an DEM differences
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 1456892044342.jpg (83 KB, 640x535) Image search: [Google]
1456892044342.jpg
83 KB, 640x535
What is the root idea for the Democrats vs Republicans?

For the overwhelming majority of the members for both parties, they tend to agree on almost everything their party stands for.

Dems: pro choice, pro illegal immigration, anti military, etc.

GOP: Pro life, pro security, pro military, etc.

Of course not ALL people fit perfectly, but for the most part, they can all agree with each other. Is there a singular belief behind each party? If so, what is the belief, and how can it be broken to switch the sides?

And one more question. Is USA unique in the fact that there are essentially just two parties? I've seen a lot of other countries that have several main parties. For these other countries, do each parties have a single unique belief that drives their parties ideas?

And final question. What are the chances that the US has two parties, and the people of the country are so closely split that its near perfect 50/50? Do the conservatives and progressives even really exist? Or is it just a facade, and what's really happening is pure populism aiming at getting as many followers as possible? Which in turn is a constant battle for superiority, eventually leading to a fairly even following?

Sorry for the bunch of questions, I have been thinking about this for some time now.
>>
>Democrats
>pro illegal immigration
>anti-military

???
>>
>>66559293
Who are the one's pushing for illegals to pour in the country? It sure as hell isn't the Republicans. All the illegals end up voting democrat.

And yeah, anti-military. The only people you see bitching about military spending, and our use of force abroad are democrats. GOP realize that a strong military is needed for the US
>>
>>66559148
>Is there a singular belief behind each party?
Zionism

>What are the chances that the US has two parties, and the people of the country are so closely split that its near perfect 50/50?
The chance is 100%. It's the minimum needed to give the facade of choice while keeping everything controlled and on point. That point is of course supporting Israel at all costs.
>>
>>66560069
Then why create two parties with seemingly conflicting beliefs?

And what is the core belief of Democrats? What is the core belief behind Republicans?
>>
>>66559980

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/07/30/bernie-sanders-criticizes-open-borders-at-hispanic-chamber-of-commerce/

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/10/hillary-clinton-we-need-to-secure-our-borders/

No one is supporting open borders. Everyone across party lines agrees that illegal immigration is a problem and that we need to secure the border so it doesn't happen again.

The disagreement is on what to do with the illegal already here.
>>
>>66559148
There are no root ideas to the parties you mongoloid. They are not monolithic entities that you have to swear a blood other to, they are just brands and have shifted politically since each of their inceptions.

The Democrats can trace their roots back the original parties of the federal government back when they called themselves the Democratic-Republicans. They eventually dropped the republican part. They were your typical populists sprinkled with your occasional, what we would now call, libertarians.

The Republicans trace their party to the ashes of the Whig party. After the Whig party self destructed the only party strong enough to oppose the Democrats was the Republican party. They were mainly made up of strong federalists and abolitionists.
>>
>>66560841
This may be what they say, but what they do is very different.

They are fighting to give the illegals drivers licenses, and the right to vote in California. So them claiming they want security at the boarder is absolutely insane.

But this isn't a debate on their policies.

I want to know what the driving force is behind their train of thought?

Is it the betterment of life for yourself, for the democrats?

The betterment of the American people, for the republicans?

That's the kind of discussion I want to have
>>
>>66561062
So then after the whig party self destructed, the democrats were the obvious majority. What would have swayed the majority of the country so strongly for the republicans to become an equal force?

And why now is it that half the country agrees with one side, and one half agrees with the other? Why is it not a 30/70 split? Or even a 45/55 split would be enough for a complete blow out at the generals. But in reality the voting comes down to about 1-2% difference in the end. Why is that?
>>
>>66560709
>Then why create two parties with seemingly conflicting beliefs?
To give the people a choice when it doesn't matter (illegalizing abortion doesn't even stop abortion, for example). And assure them they are free when they are powerless to change the issues that matter to our rulers.

The parties have no "core beliefs." The politicians want to get elected so they can make themselves wealthier. The party leaders want their people in control so the financial bets they made on them pay out. The largest donors want their banks and Israel to be protected.
>>
>>66560841
>pandering to a specific crowd

Actions speak louder than words. Democrats love open borders as a policy.
>>
>>66561680
If there is no core belief, then why is it that democrats and republicans tend to think alike? Even when it comes down to how they live.

You would never see a democrat driving a massive diesel truck, you would never see a democrat stockpiling guns and ammo, you would never see a democrat at a pro life rally. Of course there is no such thing as ALL, but 99% of them would never do these things.

Is it just that once you go to a certain side, you begin to adopt the rest of the beliefs and lifestyle?

I just assumed that you would have a way of thinking, adopted from an early age that would direct you which camp to go to. It's so strong for me, I can't even comprehend the other side's train of thought, it seems alien to me.
>>
>>66562336
Do you even go outside? What the fuck are you talking about? There are a lot of pro life Democrats. They drive trucks and shoot guns, too. Is your entire worldview informed by memes?
>>
>>66562853
No, I just have not met one.
Can you show me a video of a democrat that is pro-life? Especially a democrat that is in the public eye. I feel like a democrat that preaches pro life would get ripped to shreads by feminists.

THIS IS NOT THE POINT OF THE POST THOUGH

I want to know what the core belief of each parties are. And I want to know why the country is so evenly split between the ideas each side presents
>>
>>66561324
>I want to know what the driving force is behind their train of thought?

When it comes to philosophy, they couldn't be more divided.

In the Republican party, Libertarians hate Neocons. Moderates hate Social Conservatives (Bible thumpers). They loathe each other, and there is only one thing bringing them together: Doing each other favors and ensuring they all continue to be well-compensated. That's why the parties seem to be united, when in fact the only thing they have in common is "Don't let the other party win".

Democrats too. The Progressives hate the Liberals, who hate the Blue Dogs, who hate the Left Libertarians. What unites them? A common enemy in the Republican party, which threatens their ability to stay relevant and powerful.

Parties may vote together, but that's only as a favor to each other so they can continue to secure their political careers.

As for actual people, they're just riled up by partisanship. The average Republican voter couldn't give a shit who leads the Republican party, as long as they win. The average Democrat cares far less about what it means to be a Democrat than about watching the Republicans cry. Normal people, even voters, don't investigate politics. They treat it like sports - you don't analyze the plays and figure out who is the best, you just root for your team.
>>
>>66563285
I see, that makes sense as far as the philosophy behind each group.

Any thoughts on why both the democrats and republicans just happen to be so close in the amount of supporters? Is it simply grabbing voters through modifying their stances on things?
>>
>>66563235
>I want to know what the core belief of each parties are. And I want to know why the country is so evenly split between the ideas each side presents
There are no "core beliefs" our policy is mostly created and enforced by unelected bureaucrats and politicians only care about winning elections. The country is so evenly divided because it makes for a better news story.
>>
>>66563235
>Can you show me a video of a democrat that is pro-life?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPmJS19g-tE

John Bel Edwards, governor of Lousiana. Registered Democrat, and staunchly pro-life

>>66563764
Fuck, I dunno. Probably jews.
>>
>>66561640
>What happened?
Lincoln won. Period.
>Why?
Combination of a weak Democratic nominee and a surprisingly strong Republican challenger.
That and
Northerners totally pissed the fuck off at what they perceived as total capitulation to southerners by northern Democrats.

After Lincoln won we all know what happened, and because of that literally 1/2 of the democratic politicians removed themselves from the federal government political process.

Took a while for Democrats to recover from that self implosion
>>
>>66560841
>The disagreement is on what to do with the illegal already here.
Why the democrats don't argue we should kick them out is beyond me, what else would you do with them?

Also let's not forget that the democrats don't want a wall for some reason, which makes you wonder as to how they will "secure our border," and makes you wonder if it's all empty talk.
>>
>>66559148
The sacred cows for the Demorats are killing babies and gay shit. They'll compromise everything else, but they will never compromise on killing babies and gay shit. The Demorats are a coalition of minorities, faggots, jews, dykes, niggers, spics, criminals, communists, union thugs, etc.

The GOP has no hardline stance on any issues. They tried to be an opposition party for a while, then they figured they'd do better off just being Demorat-lite.

Hence the current furor in American politics.
>>
>>66563235
Also try doing any research at all
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrats_for_Life_of_America#Pro-life_Democrats_in_recent_elections
>>
File: Andrew.jpg (20 KB, 400x397) Image search: [Google]
Andrew.jpg
20 KB, 400x397
>tfw Andy is rolling in his grave at what the Democratic party has become
>>
>>66564110
These outsider positions that never change anything are pure window dressing. The Demorat witches will never stand for the cessation of baby killings in this country.
>>
>>66564228
>implying strict abortion laws would be more than window dressing
This is why our rulers let us have "choices"
>>
File: Dtdz0pDl.jpg (71 KB, 640x500) Image search: [Google]
Dtdz0pDl.jpg
71 KB, 640x500
>>66564154
He already was doing backflips because of Jackson, which also was a Democratic Republican. Just goes to show how drastically a party can shift.
>>
it's just corporations fighting for power.
issues like abortion, social justice, environmentalism or immigration do not matter in the big picture.
whichever party gets more funds wins the round, and investors who backed it reap the rewards.
>>
>>66565479
Lol whoops for some reason I thought you were talking about Jefferson.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.