[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
minimum wage should be $15 an hour >boomers >2016 htt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: 1457590526451.jpg (2 MB, 2250x1721) Image search: [Google]
1457590526451.jpg
2 MB, 2250x1721
minimum wage should be $15 an hour

>boomers
>2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng3hsJ52HN0
>>
>>68271699
Boomers are shit but so are millenials. Don't take out loans if you don't know if you'll be able to take them back and don't subject yourself to marxist indoctrination school unless you know there's a subject you're going to pursue or unless you're getting the "I went to college and it looks better than nothing on a resume degree" also known as an associates degree.

Millenials bitch about everything not being handed to them and it sucks that this is what my generation will be remembered for along with shitty hair and hipster bullshit.
>>
Why $15?
>>
>>68272355
because $15/hr is a living wage.
>>
>>68272751
How did you come up with that number? Why not $10, why not $17?
>>
>>68272751
The "living wage" argument is bullshit, you should be happy that you can be fucking employed. And you can absolutely live off of minimum wage, you can't live beyond your means, but fucking deal with it. You don't get to have no skills and then whine like a little bitch that you can't afford a massive house or support your illegitimate ghetto bastards. If you work minimum wage, learn what you can fucking afford and plan around that you stupid faggot.
>>
>>68272751
It's an easy to remember catch slogan for increasing wages.

A living wave could be 12 bucks in Montana, but be 25 bucks an hour in New York.

The minimum wage has to be raised to account for current living conditions and then tied to inflation so that people don't have to live off of welfare.

And this is what wal-mart does - they pay their employees a starvation wage, and then to feed themselves their employees use welfare.

Wal-mart employees are literally subsidized by tax payers.
>>
>>68272244
>Millenials bitch about everything not being handed to them

But that's what boomers promised them.

>as long as you have a degree, doesn't matter what it's in. Just get a degree and you're guaranteed a good job.

That's all they've fucking heard. So they trusted their parents and now the rug has been pulled out from under them.
>>
File: Millenials.jpg (246 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Millenials.jpg
246 KB, 1280x720
This is what happens when everyone is coddled and given a participation trophy.

Zero work ethic and pure laziness and entitlement
>>
>raise minimum wage to $15/hr
>those currently in underpaid jobs between $10-15/hr get their wages bumped up because of the thread of them leaving for easier jobs
>the bottom of the barrel jobs that anyone could do become automated

I don't see a problem with this.
>>
the minimum wage in the uk is ~10 dollars and will be ~13 by 2020
not sure what you yanks are so afraid of
>>
>>68274282
The cost of living will just go up right along with wages so that $15 minimum wage will have the same buying power in a few years as the $7 wage currently
>>
>>68271699
Boomers committed the ultimate sin of jew enabling.
>>
>getting a loan to study medieval russian literature or african history or otherkin genderqueer studies
>hm i can't find a job with this degree
>i know! i'll take out another loan to get my masters!

You made a stupid decision and an eager lender took advantage of you to loan you something for an idiotic major that wouldn't earn you enough to pay back your loan.

Instead of legislating a $15/hr minimum wage or raising taxes to fund free public college tuition, they need to enact anti-stupidity laws. Student loans have lower interest rates for people with high prospects. They should look at high school grades, intended major, and re-evaluate annually based on college grades. There should be quotas which restrict high-interest loans on low-prospect majors so only top students in those fields get those loans.
>>
>Go into welding
>Costs ~$1000, no loan needed
>Start first job a week after school finishes
>Starting wage is $18/hr
>2nd and 3rd years are $1000 each, literally nothing to me
>End up in a shop for $30/hr even after all the layoffs going on for welders

I don't even care that I'm not doing contracting. I don't want to stay doing this trade because it's awful for my health but it is so easy to bank money for going to a different trade. I'm thinking machinist or electrician next.

Trades was the best decision I ever made.
>>
A living wage has to be something above the MINIMUM wage
The Min is for people who live with their parents and want to improve themselves TO a living wage.
>>
Maybe I dont understand right but 15D/h is very much?

In germany 10Euros/h is pretty common and you can live alone in a small apartment and car
>>
>>68280599
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYjR7FJU9C0
>>
>>68271699
>Posting a video of the same guy that made this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcqkozRfx_Q
NOT
A
BABY
>>
>>68281936
WAHH I'M NOT A BABBY!!
>>
>>68271699
The problem with flat-out raising the minimum wage is that companies that rely on paying emplyees minimum wage are then going to either raise prices or lay off a large number of their workforce to keep their bottom line where it is.

When I worked for Target they made a big deal about raising the minimum wage for all workers to $10, and then after that took effect they started giving everybody maybe a third of the hours they were working before, or just straight up let them go.
>>
>>68280182
I remember a thread from ages ago about the idea that you would be on par in terms of money earnt, well into your 30s, regardless of trade or professional role. Seemed pretty logical.
>>
>>68274282
>minimum wage goes up to 15$
>people who have worked up the ranks in menial jobs for 20 years to get paid higher than 7$ now get paid the same as 16 year olds who have never worked
>>
>>68271699
Boomers fucked up a lot of shit, but no, the minimum wage should not be 15/hr.
>>
Minimum wage was never meant to be a living wage. Minimum wage jobs were never meant to be a career. It was meant for high schoolers to get some pocket money and experience. But now all these faggots who spent $100k getting degrees in LGBT studies and can't find an actual job only have these no skill jobs available to them, so they push out the high schoolers.
>>
>>68284428
>>68273006
>>68280599
This is a quote from FDR when the National Industrial Recovery Act was going into place the first time in 1933

>"No business which depends for existence on paying less than living wages to its workers has any right to continue in this country."

You can disagree that the minimum wage and living wage shouldn't be the same, but that's what the original intent was. The fact that you keep parroting otherwise is spreading bluepills.
>>
>>68271699
>Job isn't worth as much as before relative to other tasks.

better force false value on it, that's a good idea.
>>
>>68283491
Implying that any 16 year olds will be able to get jobs if we have a $15 minimum wage
>>
>>68285347
I think that "living wage" back then is completely different in comparison to today.

Pretty sure the sentiment was, "If you work full time at this wage, you will be able to survive." You live. Doesn't mean you thrive.

Of course, this is just my interpretation.
>>
what a whiny little spoiled brat

with an annoying voice

he didn't even bring up any good points

>why can't i have exactly what you have straight out of high school?

gee i wonder why
>>
>>68281659

Minimum wage in the US is literally a 'living wage' unless you're a city nigger that refuses to move.

>muh NYC hood
>need dat $15/hour from Obama to live here

Literally niggers.
>>
>>68271699
Actually bothered to watch this video. What is the young man arguing for? The right to stay in his parents place without their consent as an adult?

If it's 700 bucks for a studio apartment where he lives, he needs to move elsewhere. Fuck, I'm paying 400/month for a pet friendly duplex with an attached garage, all wood floors, central heat/ac, a storage shed out back, and all yard work done for me, and it still isn't even close to the cheapest place in this town, and there are several industries hiring.
>>
>>68284428
>entire industries dominanted by only high schoolers
>thinking this would actually work in a service economy
>>
File: 1458153814519.gif (1 MB, 300x173) Image search: [Google]
1458153814519.gif
1 MB, 300x173
I feel like credit supremely fucked this country into making things that were affordable years ago no longer affordable unless you just go into debt.
>>
>>68286373
What magic no where place do you even live?
No where town?
>>
File: 1458409859072.jpg (103 KB, 512x566) Image search: [Google]
1458409859072.jpg
103 KB, 512x566
>>68271699
>Be me
>Making roughly $16.8/hr
>Minimum wage becomes $15
>I'm now making 12% above minimum wage and probably won't get a raise

Yeaahhh... no.
>>
>>68286407
Back when I worked in fast food, it was mostly retired people who were working the day shift, although there were a few kids who worked an occasional afternoon when they had a day of college scheduled off, or something.

The only working age adults that worked there was the Manager (white), assistant manager (Latina), and the assistant manager's boyfriend (black).

>>68286526
Wellington, KS. About 40 minutes away from Wichita. Tect Aerospace, GKN, and Curtis Wright's Metal Improvement are all hiring at the moment.
>>
>>68271699
raising the pay wage wont do anything in the long run ya know
>>
>>68286900
>raising the pay wage wont do anything in the long run ya know
Yes it will. It will cause the prices of everything to raise, which will leave the lower class in the same place they were in before, and the middle class hurting more than they already are.
>>
>>68281936
This just went to show he is trolling no one would do that... right?
>>
>>68285918
That's not true either. Here's another statement that FDR made, along with the one that I previously quoted:

>"By living wages, I mean more than a bare subsistence level — I mean the wages of a decent living."

The Minimum Wage in this country was established with the intent to allow people at the bottom to do more than be just scraping by.
>>
We have a massive problem with income inequality. Only the richest of the rich are doing better, everybody else is worse than we were 40 years ago.
>>
>>68286867
Not sure about you but my time in CA, TX, VA, and MS had almost nothing but non-college age people working at fast food.

There were, at best, a few kids who worked there
>>
>>68287068
Yeah thats what I was getting to I agree
I personally would rather there be no minimum wage
>>
>>68281936
>I don't care I deserve them (video games)!
Jesus.
>>
>>68286574
Not that I agree with increasing minimum but that's a pretty shit argument. You don't want minimum wage to be increased because then you won't be above the plebs as much as you are now.
>>
>>68287224
What year? Last time I worked it was well over a decade ago.
>>
File: satire.jpg (80 KB, 840x530) Image search: [Google]
satire.jpg
80 KB, 840x530
>>68287094
>>
>>68286900
Yes it will.

>>68287068
This actually shouldn't be true. Theoretically, raising the minimum wage increases the buying power of the American people, meaning that at the current price rates, they would be moving even more goods. If they were to raise the prices equally, then they take us back to step one instead of making a bigger profit.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 400x431) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 400x431
>>68274155
Does anybody have the same image but with a post from an anon that goes into detail about the harsh conditions in the trenches?
>>
>>68287317
Because it rapes my purchasing power that I earned.
>>
>>68287219
yes, we do

BUT, who caused that? billionaires, or niggers?

I say niggers and mexicans caused it, not billionaires. niggers and mexicans destroyed half of the country, making entire cities unlivable. that might be the source of "poverty."
>>
>>68287317
Gross domestic product in the US is around 15 trillion dollars. Presuming no taxation, if you split everything evenly, you would have everyone making $23.26 per hour (presuming 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year).

Believe it or not, that is about the median wage already, even including all the lower paying jobs.

So what's the problem?
>>
>>68274477
>implying the cost of living won't keep going up regardless
>>
>>68287344
Maybe 8/5/3/3monthss respectively?
>>
>>68273219
>being this sheltered
No one promised me shit.
Right from the start it was "work hard or you're a loser."
>>
>>68287152
Minimum wage was a useless, temporary fix for things that could have been solved in other ways.
>>
>>68287707
>implying it won't increase inflation faster
>>
>>68287456
>This actually shouldn't be true. Theoretically, raising the minimum wage increases the buying power of the American people, meaning that at the current price rates, they would be moving even more goods. If they were to raise the prices equally, then they take us back to step one instead of making a bigger profit.

Increased demand, without an increased supply, leads to higher prices. You aren't seeing it a lot in Seattle because the rest of the nation is subsidizing their increased demand, too. That said, the shit you can't export outside of Seattle, like rent, is going up to the point that lawmakers are kicking around the idea of limiting rent.
>>
>>68287744
So after the housing crash of 2008, AND after the minimum wage hike to $7.50/hr.

Gotcha.
>>
File: 1457678662999.jpg (32 KB, 267x274) Image search: [Google]
1457678662999.jpg
32 KB, 267x274
>>68271699
i'll make is simple. you make minimum wage higher, EVERYTHING ELSE goes up in price because it COST MORE to hire workers to do things. is economics not a basic class for highschool?
>>
>>68287779
Such as?

>>68287882
Even if they did increase prices, there should be an ideal point somewhere between where we are now and what a full increase would be to match the minimum wage that would allow them to profit under an increased crowd of buyers.
>>
>>68287872
everyone's an economist
>>
>>68273219
>my family failed to prepare me for reality.
Go bitch about it to Stefan Molyneaux, he is used to you whiny little bitch ass middle-class whites complaining about your shit for brains family.

>>68287759
>Fucking this
MAGA
>>
>>68288269
Paying people more is always a bad thing
>>
>>68288416
The Department of Labor disagrees with you.
http://www.dol.gov/featured/minimum-wage/mythbuster

>Myth: Increasing the minimum wage is bad for businesses.

>Not true: Academic research has shown that higher wages sharply reduce employee turnover which can reduce employment and training costs.

>Myth: Increasing the minimum wage is bad for the economy.

>Not true: Since 1938, the federal minimum wage has been increased 22 times. For more than 75 years, real GDP per capita has steadily increased, even when the minimum wage has been raised.
>>
>>68288211
>Even if they did increase prices, there should be an ideal point somewhere between where we are now and what a full increase would be to match the minimum wage that would allow them to profit under an increased crowd of buyers.

Yes, and that ideal point falls under the law of supply and demand.

When you enter an economic agreement with someone (to purchase or rent something), both parties win. If you purchased a bic pen from me at the cost of 100 dollars, we STILL both win. Why? Because I wanted the 100 dollars more than I wanted the pen, and you wanted the pen more than you wanted the 100 dollars, and you could not find a better deal for the pen.

No evil is done in this scenario. So, when there are more people wanting to rent a place then there are places to rent, the people willing to pay the most will be the ones who get the renting agreement. Once again, there is nothing wrong with this. If someone prices his rental too high, then the person will not be able to rent out his rental, and he will lose money every month due to property taxes, insurance, and maintenance, without any income coming in.

Government thinking they know best leads to no new private housing being built, which leads to public housing being built at the lowest cost, sacrificing quality (which is exactly what's happening in Seattle right now).
>>
>>68287317
Do you really think the price of everything is going to remain the same?

Let's say this anon is intelligent enough to live within his means. He saves some money but lives off his $16.8 an hour

If people are now being paid almost double what they were before, the price of goods is going to increase. This anon, through no fault of his own, is going to have to spend more for what he already bought, which will cut into saving, or force him to live a lesser quality of life.

Fuck that.

I make $12 an hour, and I don't want a $15 minimum wage, even if it means I get a raise.
>>
>>68286313
This tbqh. Two people working for 8.25 an hour could easily afford a decent apartment in Vermont where I grew up within commuting distance of one of the larger cities there. They would probably even be able to afford some amenities like basic cable or internet.
>>
Hey assholes trade fag here
I started working for an electrician straight out of high school digging trenches and pulling wire for $9.00/hr. I went to trade school at nights (complete bullshit but necessary for state license) now I'm 24 making $25.00/hr. All my co workers are Mexican or white dudes over 40.
Contractors are scrambling for American kids like me ( niggers need not apply) to fill positions because they are realizing having retards that don't speak English hurts profits in the long run. My whole school career teachers poisoned my mind to think if you don't go to college you will be nothing but scum that needs to suffer for every dollar. That bullshit fucked up our generation to think hard work and getting your hands dirty is a bad thing! Fuck college fuck slave wage jobs fuck sitting at home being a neet
>>
>>68289082
I know people who earn 9 dollars per hour in my state (min wage 7.50/hr) who don't want the minimum wage hike.
>>
>>68285929
this
I never demanded anything from my parents
why doesn't the kid understand reality?
>>
>>68288583
>In fact, 89 percent of those who would benefit from a federal minimum wage increase to $12 per hour are age 20 or older, and 56 percent are women.

That sounds like bullshit to me
>>
>>68271699
people should be paid in drugs
>>
>>68288114
that's only true when labor isn't outsourced, which it is.
>>
>>68271699
Minimum wage should be adjusted for inflation yearly.
>>
>>68289242
That's because it is.
>>
Boomers are fucking trash

Getting a factory job out of high school and putting a down payment on a house with your first paycheck was a meme 60 years ago. Anything under $20 an hour is indentured servitude nowadays.
>>
>>68289242
They are likely more expert on the subject than you, but think whatever you like.
>>
File: 1440564108838.jpg (44 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1440564108838.jpg
44 KB, 500x375
>>68288583
The minimum wage is usually increased very slowly state or country wide. In some places it would jump from $8 or $9 an hour to $15.
That would mean actually well paying jobs that took degrees to obtain are now on par with burger flippers.
If the people working those $15/hr jobs in the shitty state could move and start making $20/hr or more they probably will if the opportunity presents itself. OR you they may quit a hard labor factory job that pays $15/hr to go work in a fucking comfy dollar store for the same amount.
>>
>>68289689
>muh appeal to authority!
>>
>>68272751
then work a living job
>>
>>68272958
Because it's 2015.
>>
>>68289542
It's not hard to get a decent paying job. Maybe learn a skill instead of being the lowest common denominator in the labor market, and have higher aspirations than being a server and bitching about how you can't pay rent
>>
>People think minimum wage is a good idea
>In a mostly free market economy with subsidized wages

I'd earnestly settle for just scrapping social welfare programs; if a wage is truly unlivable then it will not be sustainable for any permanent career.
>>
>>68289981
Fuck, I'd even be willing to raise the minimum wage to 15 if it came with the contingency that ALL wealth redistribution programs would be scaled down and ended within 10 years, including Social Security. It would require an Amendment to the Constitution against all government-mandated wealth redistribution.
>>
>>68271699
but only because wages aren't keeping up with inflation
>>
>>68288211
that's not how it works.

min wage is a SUBSIDY to certain areas of the economy, generally, welfare, dumb shit, shoes, and single mothers, for min wage. that is the WRONG part of the economy to increase competition in. it increases wealth on paper as we become poorer.

don't be dumb.
>>
>>68289747
An increase in the minimum wage creates bargaining power to increase the wage of jobs that already get paid that much and more.

This is why most plans to increase the minimum wage are also gradual in nature: so they don't put so much strain on businesses at once that we can't manage to sort out the fair value of everyone's wages.

>>68289758
You could say that, but I also don't see your counterargument anywhere.
>>
>>68288211
>Such as?
More regulation on the treatment of slaves.
Don't want to or can't do a real job? Become a slave. You're housed and fed for free as long as you work well. It costs a lot less to the slaver to pay for your roof and food than it would cost if each of you bought on your own. It also uses a lot less space and can be managed by the slaves themselves as a condition for being a slave there.
Add the ability of a slave to move to another master and to quit the "job" anytime (perhaps limited by a work contract that would also be regulated (no infinite contract)), then remove the master's right to cut limbs off and other "inhumane" treatments.

Result: Minwage cucks have their living conditions. There is little to no resource mismanagement on their part.
Products are being made faster and cheaper for the working class.
0% unemployment.
Everyone has a contingency plan in case they lose their job, if they get laid off, or when inbetween jobs.
Literally no need for minimum wages anymore: if you're not paid enough, you just become a slave in someone's factory; the minimum wage is automatically regulated.

By the way, regulating the treatment of slaves will increase their lifespan, morale and health, providing peak efficiency for the worker.
>>
>>68289937
What happens in 2020?
>>
>>68289217
which state?
>>
>>68290775
you're familiar with the term command economy, correct?

the soviet union had plans to "Gradually" increase the prices of basic commodities like wheat in a way that "totally wouldn't mess anything up bro, I promise."

it didn't work. low wages for these positions are the result of the government subsidizing other waste. now, you're layering duct tape upon a broken hole in duct tape, in a leak in a boat.

these "patch" fixes only make the problem worse
>>
>>68291071
>Enslavement and indentured servitude

Technically not legal internationally. Certainly not legal in the US.
>>
>>68288951
Good goy, good goy. It's not like the jews are creating supply dependence chains so that their money grows for free simply by forcing you to obtain useless tools at a huge markup in order to produce parts to make more of them or anything. It's not like collusion is everywhere or anything. It's not like monopolies exist or anything. It's not like any and all potential competition gets destroyed using establishment advantage and underhanded tactics or anything. It's not like powerful entities get bought out to kill competitions and oppress customers or anything.
>>
>>68291365
Never said it was legal. I said it would have been the way to fix the economy as an alternative to minimum wage - except it would have actually worked unlike minimum wage. Banning slavery was the biggest mistake the world ever made.
>>
>>68291071
anon is wiser than people will give him credit for

reintroduction of slavery demands the reinstitution of racial caste systems, however. it wouldn't function without parallel markets
>>
>>68271699
While this kid sounds like a bitch there is always one point that makes sense to me.

I don't think it's unfair to say that kids nowadays wants the same opportunities right out of highschool that our parents had right when they dropped out in grade 9.

Instead were expected to finish highschool and work minimum wage for years before anyone will take us seriously enough to give us a $17 an hour job.

Also speaking as a canadian, the trades are dodgy as shit and one bad turn of the economy can kill off any chance of you having a stable job. I had to watch both my parents lose their jobs back around 2008 and i didn't want to have to go through the same thing. So I went to school for sciences. Turns out just because you're STEM doesn't mean you're employable.
Literally every place I look for a job
>Come back when you have some experience

Guess im hiding my college education and going to a factory
>>
>>68291424
And the Jewish-owned government will certainly solve that problem, right? Especially the Jew running for president by offering free shit and promising to double the minimum wage, right?

If you want to walk this path, I'll walk it with you, but let's do so with some fucking honesty, as well as moral and intellectual consistency.
>>
>>68291614
why shouldn't he whine, though?

the boomers, mexicans, and niggers are demanding WE pay for THEIR shit when we make less money than the boomers, and don't get state aid like the niggers and spics.

they just tell us to "deal with it" but they never had to "deal with it."

fuck them. if they won't compromise with us, they can die.
>>
>>68271699
Stupid entitled millennials want with a college degree to have what their parents and grandparents had with a high school degree. Kids these days baka desu
>>
>>68289937
>it's 2015

You don't deserve $15/hour
>>
>>68273147
>starvation wage
>if you work at walmart for 6 months and are not a manager or transfer to some different job you are a grade a retard
>>
>>68291666
>"free market will fix it good goy!"
>free market is objectively cucked and here's why
>"b-bad goy. Don't you know? The government is just as cucked! And remember, vote for hillary!"
>>
>>68291843
stupid entitled millennials thinking that they're entitled in 2016 with space age technology, what starving peasants had in the year 100 ad, like a house and family
>>
>>68291760
No i'm not disagreeing with him, he just needed to make his points come off like he isn't complaining so much.

There's no easy solution to this. A lot of people are going to get the short end of this stick and it will suck. It's probably time for the minimum wage to be raised, but not to $15 an hour.
>>
>>68271699
have fun cucking people out of their job at mcdonalds with your worthless degrees
>>
>>68292115
So, to clarify your point, I am a leftist that is pro-free market?

What the fuck are you going on about now? Are you denying that the government is owned by the Jews?
>>
>>68273219
>But that's what boomers promised them.
That amounts to "WWaaaaaaah, I was gullible."

That's your fault. Their acts are their fault.
>>
File: be strong for mother.jpg (55 KB, 460x859) Image search: [Google]
be strong for mother.jpg
55 KB, 460x859
>>68289937
That settles it
>>
>>68271699
>>68272751
>>68281728
>>68282734
>>68287366
>>68291620
This board isn't for underaged children. Leave.
>>
>>68291843
My mom bailed out of school in grade 9, my dad in grade 10. Both of them had more opportunities than ill ever have. They were making more money at 16 than I am now at 23.

I grew up hearing enough that life isn't fair, but damn if I no one complains then nothing can be changed.
>>
>>68292478
This. OP is a faggot, and a cuck.
>>
>>68292488
>If nobody complains than nothing can be changed.

Whining doesn't bring change. Actions do.
>>
>>68291527
Going to agree to disagree with you.

>>68291321
I'm honestly having trouble seeing the connect to your command economy example. This is quite unlike what we're actually discussing. You can remark about what the government subsidizes as well, but that still leaves other people at the bottom in poverty, which really isn't supposed to be the case. A solution has to come forth, and raising the minimum wage is long overdue.
>>
>>68274463
A massive rise in minimum wage will cripple small business and less productive branches of chain business will be cut
>>
>>68288416
whatever you say Mr. Shekelstein
>>
>>68291760
>fuck them. if they won't compromise with us, they can die.
How amerifats deal with everything.
Act surprised at mass shootings.
A nation made of all the cunts that couldn't act like white people in Europe.
>>
>>68292620
Not sure if you're just shitposting, or if you're actually unaware that this board IDs everyone and we can tell which posts are yours.
>>
>>68271699
Lel

A lot of older people are chained as well if they weren't very succesful.

Yeh in the past you weren't chained permanently in debt and had a good career in front of you. Blame shitheels for outsourcing half the technology sector or promoting H1B visas so everything can be kept cheap.

A tip for free it will always be shit.
>>
Minimum wage shouldn't be 15 per hour. Minimum wage shouldn't even exist.

If I want to hire people at $4 per hour, I should be able to so. This is why I'm voting for Hillary because when she opens the boarders and deregulates business I can then make a lot of money off of millennials.
>>
>>68292631
Actions can't be organize without whining first, because it's impossible to tell if your situation is unique or a city-wide issue, or a nation-wide issue. The proper action to take depends on the scope of the issue.
>>
>>68289217
This. do these kids realize that the skilled trades industry is desperately looking to hire young people?
>>
>>68292777
Nice trips.
http://www.dol.gov/featured/minimum-wage/mythbuster

>Myth: Small business owners can't afford to pay their workers more, and therefore don't support an increase in the minimum wage.

>Not true: A July 2015 survey found that 3 out of 5 small business owners with employees support a gradual increase in the minimum wage to $12. The survey reports that small business owners say an increase "would immediately put more money in the pocket of low-wage workers who will then spend the money on things like housing, food, and gas. This boost in demand for goods and services will help stimulate the economy and help create opportunities."
>>
File: gee i wonder.jpg (42 KB, 491x491) Image search: [Google]
gee i wonder.jpg
42 KB, 491x491
>>68292942
>>
>>68292982
Seems like you don't have much interest in a meet up. Haven't seen anything like that in this thread.

Therefore, I propose that you are just whining for the sake of whining, like every other Minimum Wage thread.
>>
>>68292838
Maybe I should clarify, paying entry level people more is always a bad thing
It's not like they'll work harder or be more valuable to a company.

It's basically an entitlement, which is what all the liberals who are pushing for a higher min wage want
>>
>>68273006
What is the point of full time jobs that pay so bad that the government has to step in and provide subsidizing for the employees because it pays so badly?

You can't afford anything with min wage in US, there will always be a lower class. So it is better just to accomodate that fact.
>>
>>68292891
what do you think? i'm trying to start a conversation and it's working

however the point I would like to make is being drowned by the conversation, i guess i didn't think far enough ahead
>>
>>68289217
I'm in support of a raise to minimum wage and free college tuition, but I'm also in support of schools encouraging trades as an alternative to college.

Everybody's different, and there's no shame in doing hard labor.
>>
>>68271699
Every time you post this fucking video I'm going to ask why the fuck is he living with his grandparents?
>>
>>68274463
we are afraid of our country being like yours
>>
>>68292180
>>68292488
You fucking millennials are so greedy. Back in my day we sucked it up and worked hard - even 40 hour overtime weeks - just to support a wife and three kids and to afford a decent home that we'd spend 10 years paying off. We didn't complain about doing it all on minimum wage. That's the problem with you kids, no work ethic and you expect everything delivered to you on a silver platter. Thinking the government owes you handouts just so you can stay at home all day and play video games, too lazy to just go down the street and ask a store manager for a job. And now that you're getting in power you're trying to steal our social security and take it for yourselves. Stop being so lazy.
>>
>>68293180
What, the thing about boomers not understanding the youth, or the thing about millenials being entitled? Honestly, given what you posted it isn't easy to tell for sure which side you were on to begin with.
>>
>>68293023
>at almost minimum wage
Or you could get $30/h+ (in America) job right out of college after selecting from one of a few hundred possible paths. The only reason to go trade is if you have fuckall money to start with and can't fund your education.
>>
Ya'll niggas shouldn't be focused on some number that has meaning in a context or not. You should be focused on the purchasing power.
>>
>>68286373
what general area do you inhabit anon
>>
>>68293216
>implying millennials actually want to work

They've been promised all their lives that they'll be able to get a meaningless college degree and a cushy job with air conditioning and be set for life, and they're finding out that's not how life works.
It's hilarious watching them bitch about how the world isn't fair
>>
>>68289387
not all of it is outsources, which still causes hikes in prices. I.E burger flippers, 99% of manual labor we have to pay people that are here to do it.
>>
>>68271699
Yes, yes you should get a job you lazy fuck.
>>
>>68293054
ireland shouldn't be talking tbqh f.am. you havnt changed much since we took in boatloads of you potato nigs
>>
>>68292942

>Minimum wage shouldn't even exist.

You're a faggot.
Mass immigration with no minimum wage leads to lower wages and rising prices.
>>
>>68271699

B-but I can't afford my iPhone, latest Xbox games or go out drinking every weekend without $15 an hour! How will I live if you don't give me more money to indulge in entertainment without contributing back? You're triggering me! REEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>68293520
You're not wrong about the promises that they were made. The point that I'm getting at is that because this concept was hammered into them this way that the perfectly fine option of doing serious work has evaded most of them, and that's something we should be correcting.
>>
File: small town.jpg (234 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
small town.jpg
234 KB, 1000x750
>>68293486
Already answered. But I'm in Kansas. The area surrounding my town looks like pic related.

You better like video games, Amazon, and hunting to move here.
>>
Why do people think that your wage should be brought up to pay for your lifestyle choices instead of the other way around? If you want to work at minimum wage dont start a family at 18 years old and dont move into an expensive city.
>>
>>68293274
I can't even tell if this is a meme or not, but minimum wage + overtime isn't enough to pay for a house nowadays. Hell there are barely enough jobs that give full time, let alone over time.
>>
>>68286867
how do you expect someone to move with no money and no guarantee of a job?
>>
File: 21132-markcorrigan.png (106 KB, 385x340) Image search: [Google]
21132-markcorrigan.png
106 KB, 385x340
That feel when starting a new job where you can opt out of the 48 hour maximum week.

Time to finally earn some money.

I have a load of friends who went to university and complain about working 37 hours a week.

Well shit bro, you aint gonna save up for a deposit doing that while renting a turd apartment and wasting money on a car you cant afford.

>People are stupid and people will continue to be stupid.
>>
>>68293423
since my plan blew up on me,I'll just write what I intended

>create clickb8 satire
>get an audience
>explain the economy has changed and the disconnect between millennials and reality
>try to inform them that blue collar work is still around and while the industries have changed it's still a good way to make a living
>try to explain that you have to work for anything you want

my place wasn't to say whether we need more social aid or what.

i simply wanted to explain the economy has changed and inform people young people how to make a middle class wage without a degree
>>
>>68285347
Except
>FDR extended the recession and let literal Communist infiltrators into his staf
>"living wage" is subjective
>cost of living has decreased for everyone from the poorest to the richest
>standard of living has increased from everyone from the poorest to the richest
>>
>>68293644
> paying employees market rate makes goods more expensive
> lower cost to employ people in some job positions makes whatever they are producing more expensive

wut
>>
>>68293629
Changed in literally every way pham. Some good, some bad.
>>
>>68293687
>video games, Amazon, and hunting
I mean, amazon is pretty jewish, and becoming more jewish by the day, but that sounds pretty great to me.
>>
>>68272751
Who determines what is a living wage?

Someone can live off the land while others need to eat out every day.
>>
>>68293441
when you start at a good company with no experience your probably gonna be making around 10-12 dollars an hour with overtime and full benefits. Raises are very common in skilled trades so the longer you work you will keep making more money. not to mention the entrepreneurship opportunities that come with knowing a trade. All this debt free.
>>
>>68293780
It's a joke about boomers having everything handed to them on a silver platter and being unable to understand why millenials can't get what they had the same way. Instead of assuming poor time or economy, they assume poor ethics.
>>
>>68286373
Explain to me how I could even do that? Do you honestly think renters want people without jobs?
>>
>>68271699
How about we scrap the minimum wage entirely, so I can hire more gardeners?

I'm simply not going to pay the people that do my lawn $15/hr + all of the taxes + plus all of the insurance + all of the other bullshit that the government mandates you pay employees. Same goes for the people that cook my meals. I'll hire illegals first, and that is exactly what is happening.
>>
>>68294098
call me back when the IRA does its job

despite you calling me a jew, i would still love to have a unified ireland
>>
>>68294017

>> paying employees market rate makes goods more expensive

No, immigration causes price increases.

> lower cost to employ people in some job positions makes whatever they are producing more expensive

Price is also function of aggregate demand, not only cost. New York City is a shithole full of immigrants making shit wages, but rent is through the roof because increasing the population increases aggregate demand of every commodity, increasing its price.
>>
>>68271699
You get paid by how easy you are to replace. if you have no skills and no experience and any fucking moron can do your job why should anyone pay you more than minimum wage?
>>
Living wage is closer to $25/hr. Vote Bernie and he will give you a living wage.
>>
>>68294188
>10-12 dollars an hour
I said one of a few hundred possible paths, not liberal arts.
>>
>>68287490

I was thinking of one internally. There is a lot shock value in the sights, smells, and sounds of war.
>>
File: Ninenations.png (15 KB, 416x328) Image search: [Google]
Ninenations.png
15 KB, 416x328
>>68293856
>>68293423
hi /pol/ i would like to make a 50 part youtube series about how to achieve the american dream

it seems to me that the american dream has changed, i don't know when exactly, but it seems to have changed to "I deserve a job I love and am passionate about!"

it seems to me that most people believe they deserve to live in a desirable location, yet they can't compete (economically) to live in said places. The narrative is that you need a college degree to make a living, which is false. The liberal elitist bullies look down on those without an education, and many jobs that would allow the average american to achieve the original american dream are going unfilled.

The original american dream is to own a home. I want to do a 50 part series on how to achieve this in each state, and I would like to breakdown the regions, and industries, and cultures. - pic related

If anyone on /pol/ would be interested in working with me on this project (If I make these videos alone I'm afraid the production values will be too low to catch the attention of the mainstream), or watching, please let me know.

I feel as if though the world has gone mad with entitlement, and no one is willing to put on their bootstraps and make the hard sacrifices necessary to achieve the American dream, some are simply unaware of the opportunities out there as well.
>>
File: Le happy merchant.jpg (69 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
Le happy merchant.jpg
69 KB, 501x585
>"Yes, good goy. Those minimum wage increases will hurt JewCorpâ„¢'s profit margin! It goes against the free market!"
>>
>>68294387
im not arguing for more immigration, nigger
>>
How about this. If society is so fragile that paying the peasants a living wage within break the entire system, then maybe the system should collapse. If the majority of people have to suffer then let it collapse.
>>
>>68293856
Protip: Post your point first. If you post clickbait, everyone will shunt off from there.

>>68293885
I appreciate the effort, but you left out how despite the changed standard of living, the current minimum wage is effectively poverty.
>>
>>68294395

So about 75% of working Americans are making lower than living wage?
Sounds unbelievable.

It's possible to live on minimum wage, but you're going to have to make lots of concessions.

No more iPhones and playstations for you.
>>
>>68294569

But the guy I responded to didn't take mass immigration into account. Minimum wage is necessary if we are accepting immigrants.
>>
>>68294585
The problem is that current wages aren't adapted to the workload and skill requirements of many positions (look at IT for fuck's sake), while other jobs don't get paid enough. Meanwhile, outsourcing and illegals reduce the demand for local workers, which further fucks people over in terms of time they're even allowed to work, let alone which jobs they're allowed to get.
>>
>>68294427
I'm talking about the average starting wage for trades if you have no experience at all. 12 dollars an hour with overtime and benefits is already alot more than what you can get with no work experience or education in most industries.
>>
>>68271699
holy fuck, the sense of entitlement that guy has is horrible. The old guy is the only one making any sense in that video.
>>
>>68294585

I thought that is what EBT and Section 8 were for? I already pay for that, and the people that make the minimum qualify for that.

So for the people that want an increase to the minimum wage, instead of wining for that, they should really cozy up to the government, and get used to the waiting lists and the lines, because that is what you have asked for.
>>
File: Simpsons-80s-Flanders.jpg (68 KB, 833x430) Image search: [Google]
Simpsons-80s-Flanders.jpg
68 KB, 833x430
>>68294889
BASED CANADIAN
>>
Anyone want to tell me why this kid is living with his grandparents?
>>
>>68294714
>It's possible to live on minimum wage, but you're going to have to make lots of concessions.

These libs need to just swallow their pride and get the EBT card and Section 8 Housing that they voted for.

I mean, they vote for this shit, they get the EITC, Obamacare, etc-- it's never enough free shit is it?
>>
>>68294889

But you're not looking at it from my perspective.
All you think about is "me, me, and me".

What if I like it if you're struggling financially? it makes me more attractive to females and makes me feel superior to you.

I want more immigrants so I can make more money, make you poorer, and look more attractive to females.
>>
>>68294894
>for trades
I thought you were referring to out-of-college wages, which are more around 25-30 for a shitload of options (not all options obviously). After all, if you get a degree, "no work experience or education" is non sequitur. Of course trade is better than nothing, but college is better than trade except when you don't have the money to pay for it reasonably (before or after).
>>
>>68286313
literally this
My great grandfather's brother (who is a famous artist, btw) moved from Manhattan to nyc suburbs after he got old just so he could live there happily, but these entitled kids can't handle it.
>>
>>68274155
#notallmen die of #trenchfoot
>>
>>68295167
Are they actually allowed to have this shit if they work at all? In Canada, it's illegal to have any job and hold unto gubmint benefits.
>>
if it would have kept up with inflation, minimum wage would be ~$22/hr
>>
>>68294106
Not so bad if you have Prime. Then you get the free 2 day shipping, the prime pantry option, and the Amazon video stuff, too.

Me, my parents, and my sister all split it. At less than 3 dollars per month, that's pretty great. The key is to find someone you trust not to use your saved credit/debit card.

Speaking of which, the banks all suck in this tiny town, but I have a Wal-mart, so I use Bluebird. 24 hour bank with great online support, free checks/bill pay, literally no fees, and every Walmart cashier is a bank teller, too.

All in all, I would recommend this town. Fucking love it here. Wellington, KS, if you are interested.

Gun ownership is not only allowed, but encouraged. Permitless CC means that both me and the wife always have a gun within reach at all times excepting the shower.
>>
>>68295238

>which are more around 25-30 for a shitload of options (not all options obviously)

I'm sorry, but there aren't many jobs paying that much. Most of the jobs paying $17+/hour are connection jobs.
You'll be lucky to get one making more than $10/hr.
>>
>>68294395
god fucking damn it

LEARN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MARGINAL AND AGGREGATE PRODUCTION
>>
>>68295497

And that would be ridiculous.

The median wage for working Americans is only $13.50/hour.
>>
Rather than 15 dollars an hour if you're under a certain age or under a certain income the government should just pay for part of your rent even if you don't qualify for EBT and things like that and give you discounts on used cars under 5,000 dollars

The housing crisis and the "millennials ain't buying no cars" crisis would be solved if I could get a low rent with a roommate and a cheap car to make getting around easier and in the long term I'd be making more money, faster allowing me to save and invest ensuring the economy keeps moving

This "pull urself up by ur bootstraps kids" shit is what is killing America.

Also Trump needs to be elected and raise retirement age to 68 in his second term to reduce the number of boomers retiring rapidly.
>>
>>68294261
My landlord never asked for a job reference, although I hear corporate landlords do. He asked if I could afford up to 600/month in bills (400 for rent, and up to 200 for gas, electric, water, sewage, and trash). Told him I could, he said "Great," and I paid the deposit, the pet deposit, and first month's rent in exchange for the key.

Been living here for 3 years without rent going up a dime, because I always pay in full and on time, and finding tenants like that is rare.
>>
>>68295492
Yes.

The white libs vote for all the free shit, and then have too much pride to get it. So it all goes to niggers.

I mean, just go take a look at some US rental listings. All of the cheap rent is "low income"

It's so bad here that people that make $70-80k a year can't afford to live in the same types of houses that someone that gets government benefits can.
>>
>>68294889
This. I'm disgusted at IT wages. If these freakin people only knew how much they're overpaying for those positions. Hopefully once tech illiterate boomers retire/die off, so will the times of 80k positions for codemonkey-tier work 2 hours a day. While on the other end, teachers need to be paid far more.
>>
>>68295712
So what you're saying is America is rapidly becoming third world given that prices keep increasing with inflation but wages don't.
>>
>>68295809
>they are getting more than me
>I don't understand why
>REEEEEE

bernie voter detected
>>
>>68294714
Iphones are possible. New iPhones are not. 60 bucks for an iPhone 4S off ebay. 50 bucks for a lifeproof case, and 15 dollars per month for 350 minutes, unlimited text, and 50mb of data.

Have wifi at home and wifi at work. No worries about data.
>>
>>68295779

The solution is simple. Just stop immigration.
Then companies would be forced to pay higher wages and prices would come down, making shit more affordable.

All this talk about "more gubiment subsidies" and "raising min wage" are just temporary solutions. The underlying issue comes from immigration.
>>
If you make less than $15/hr and you aren't currently in school or otherwise taking positive steps to change that, you should kill yourself.
>>
File: Thomas_Sowell_Minimum_Wage.jpg (130 KB, 864x405) Image search: [Google]
Thomas_Sowell_Minimum_Wage.jpg
130 KB, 864x405
>>68285347
FDR didn't understand the first thing about economics. Even Keynes thought he was a moron, and asserted that a lot of his New Deal Programs would only lengthen the Depression, something that historians concede to today.
>>
>>68295535
Most IT, webdev, software dev, EE, sales, financial sector, etc. jobs pay that kind of money straight out. Be a master's student, you get paid about $20/h taxfree while continuing your education for free (if you're not retarded).
>>
>>68295779
>Also Trump needs to be elected and raise retirement age to 68 in his second term to reduce the number of boomers retiring rapidly.

Wait, why is boomers retiring fast a bad thing?
>>
>>68295980
This is why I'm glad the Amazon CEO is a complete dick to his employees. He gets it. He knows his workers are getting paid way too much.
>>
>>68295889

It depends on what you mean by third world.
If you're using the establishment definition of large GDP and "our rich people are richer than other country's rich people", I guess we're a first world nation.

If you're talking about the welfare of the common people, we're probably closer to a lot of developing countries if you take into account cost of living.

>>68296100

I'm sorry, man, but those jobs don't go to native born people unless you're a certain demographic so companies can apply for tax-breaks.

Over 70% of tech jobs go to foreigners.
>>
>>68295980
It's just as he said. It's not just "paid more" it's "paid absolutely stupid amounts of money while not doing any work whatsoever 90% of the time, at exactly 0 risk, full benefits, many advancement opportunities, etc".
>>
>>68294663
>the current minimum wage is effectively poverty.
I lived on minimum wage, and without welfare.

It can be done if you live with roommates, have a job, don't have kids, and can budget.
>>
File: minimum wage myth.png (372 KB, 1118x1420) Image search: [Google]
minimum wage myth.png
372 KB, 1118x1420
>>68294663
>I appreciate the effort, but you left out how despite the changed standard of living, the current minimum wage is effectively poverty.

True, but it's still higher than the historical average. Fortunately, less than 3% of the workforce makes minimum wage
>>
>>68294585
>Enter a voluntary contract by your own volition
>Most SBOs cannot handle $15/hr
>>
>>68295803
To be fair, I tried to get it once. Working 40 hours per week at 8.50/hr at a printing press, while having 650/month in rent PLUS utilities. An emergency happened, and I couldn't qualify for food stamps without knocking up my wife.

I didn't do it, because I'm not going to bring a life into the world when I can't even afford myself.

The entire situation led up to me and the wife living out of a car for 6 months, living off ramen and truck stop showers, where I learned to pull my head out of my ass and get a real job that demanded hard work.

Best experience I could hope for, honestly.
>>
>>68296382
Except he's not a complete dick to his ITfags, he's a complete dick to his research team (PhD computer science, make neural nets to predict what people like based on products, delivery drone driving automation, etc.), which is why nobody wants to work at amazon research nowadays.
>>
>>68288114
That's a high school level interpretation that is also incorrect
>>
>>68295809
A lot of software developers focus on cutting costs and bringing in revenue.

Picture this: system goes down for a company and now 1,000 $10.00/hr peons can't do their job. Every hour the system is down is costing the company $10,000 + dollars an hour, and possibly losing the company clients. Now you understand why one good IT person is worth more than 10+ peons.

And that's just for admin type people that keep the company running. That doesn't say anything about the developers out there that make a change and make 1,000 people's jobs more efficient. And these developers are doing it every day. All the peons do is complain.
>>
>>68296442

>Fortunately, less than 3% of the workforce makes minimum wage

This is a vapid statistic from rightwingers trying to push the "everything is okay" narrative.
Someone making a lousy $8/hour wouldn't be counted as part of the 3%.

You should look at the median wage and tell me everything is okay.
50% of working Americans make less than $28,000/year ($13.50/hour).
This is *working* Americans, so we're not counting minors, unemployed and retirees.
>>
>>68296581
Good. I hate their research. Could give a shit less about the Drones, their phone sucks, and I have no interest in their horse shit listening device in my house (Echo). There are better e readers for a lower price, and their Amazon tv stuff isn't as good as some competitors (like Roku, up until Roku started with its "listening" bullshit, too).
>>
>>68296519
Wait, I think I remember you. Didn't the social worker directly tell you that you didn't qualify because you weren't black?
>>
>>68296923
No. But he heard my desperation, which is why he told me to knock up my wife.
>>
>>68296811
Their research would actually be good if he wasn't such a dick, though.
>>
>>68296658
Whatever it takes to make your overpaid position feel justified. It won't last though esp if Hillary wins the election.
>>
>>68296658
Unfortunately, the IT person only needs to do this kind of work for about an hour each 6 months or so, if that. They are, however, paid for every hour of every day despite doing nothing.
>>
>>68294663
>minimum wage is 15k per year for a single person working 40 hours
>poverty is 11k per year for a single person

these things are not the same
>>
>>68296786

My original point was that the minimum wage has always been poverty. Besides, the point of the 3% statistic is to point out that people are paid what their labor is worth. If the greed of employers was the issue, then everyone would make minimum wage.
>>
>>68297016
Burden of proof is on you.

I like Amazon. It's like walmart, without the horseshit that walmart entails. I like the Prime option, and all it includes. That's where it begins and that's where it ends. Thanks to them, I don't need to wade out into the public sphere often. But I could give a shit about their additional products. Just focus on giving me the best price for each item, free 2 day shipping, and decent TV shows.

When the Nook Simple Touch allows epub, and Amazon doesn't. That's a problem. When the Nook Simple Touch allows a 32GB sd card, and Amazon doesn't, that's a problem.

The echo will never be in my house. No listening device will be allowed in my house (my wife's iPhone doesn't even have siri). Drones are acceptable if it will save me money, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
>>
>>68286574
>>68287495
>B-but I EARNED my pay rate! I worked so hard and raising the minimum wage would retroactively make my hard work worthless!
You sound like butthurt MMO players.

>I never thought that the arbitrary rules governing my economic activity would change!
You faggots are absolutely NO better than the millenials crying because their parents didn't tell them that they'd have to work for a living.

Maybe, just maybe, busting your ass to get to $17 an hour was a complete and total waste of your fucking time all along?
>>
>>68297531

>If the greed of employers was the issue, then everyone would make minimum wage.

That's what they're aiming for.
Some jobs are hard to lower wages due to higher labor demand.
Companies are working together to decrease those wages (Putting high wage jobs on the top of job rankings to entice kids to enter those fields and encouraging women & shitskins to enter) and legislation to import foreign workers.
>>
>>68297096
It doesn't "feel" justified. It is justified. The pay and benefits is the evidence.

I just finished a project for my company that we are billing one of our clients $50,000 a month for. 100% my work. I suppose that I could complain about building it and how I don't get paid anywhere near $50,000 a month. Instead I don't, because, hey, it's their client, and there is value in having someone else get the clients. I am paid well, will continue to get raises, and that is why.

>>68297209
Not even remotely true. Some IT workers are like this, and they are the low paid ones. But every job needs to have down time. In fact, I am getting paid right now.
>>
>>68297598
So you admit raising the minimum wage would simply raise the costs to where people making the new minimum wage would effectively lose their purchasing power?

Thanks, that's all I needed to hear.
>>
>>68297567
>expecting good research from people who are made to work overtime even though the contract has no such requirement, being paid peanuts, while also constantly being shat on, when they're not even allowed to produce anything publishable and the installations and hardware are almost completely unworkable
>>
>>68271699
>Cost of living is too high, raise minimum wage!
>Cost of living raised proportionally to the new minimum wage, raise the minimium wage!
Every year with you guys. It doesn't help you at all, but it does royally fuck over grandma.
She cares about your idiot feelings too much to let you know that you're making her last years on Earth much more miserable than they need to be, though. Even if it is for no valid reason.
>>
>>68297903
My father was making $120k for 6 hours of work a week on average when he worked in new york as a dba until 3 years ago. You're full of shit.
>>
>>68297989
Nobody is forcing them to stay. As I've stated before, in the free market, there's no such thing as an evil transaction.

The owner values the workers time more than the money he is offering, and the worker's value the money more than their time. They both agree, and continue to agree on that, every day that the workers show up to work.
>>
>>68271699
i dunno. get a real fucking job. any job paying minimum wage is for high school kids faggot. go have more kids and blow your whore vagina out.
>>
>>68298172
>Nobody is forcing them to stay
Exactly, and that's why amazon research effectively doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>68298297
And that's just fine.
>>
>>68297941
Where the fuck did you get that from?

What I'm telling you is that if you were making $17, you probably only deserve $2 over minimum wage anyway.
>>
>>68298141
I'm sure the "6 hours of work" is exaggerated. But if it's not, why don't you follow in his footsteps?

Granted, the DBA where I work sits around a lot, but he has to go to meetings, he has to keep his skills up to date, and he has to be there to put out the fires, even if it means coming in after hours.

When we need him, we need him, so nobody gives a shit if he spends most of the day looking at funny pictures on reddit.
>>
>>68298595
If that was true, then they would only be making $9/hr. They are being paid what they are worth. You stating that people shouldn't be paid what they are worth is a pointless argument to engage in, for the countless reasons listed above.
>>
>>68298595
If you aren't getting paid six figures, you aren't worth letting live in this country.
>>
>>68285347
FDR literally fucked the economy bare back so don't go quoting him.
>>
>>68298646
None of this sounds like a valid reason to pay someone 6 figures but okay. No need to be so appalled that people are seeing IT wages for what they really are: ridic inflated.
>>
>>68297239
Allow me to rephrase:
How is it that despite the changed standard of living, so many people who are living on the minimum wage are in poverty?

A lot of it has to do with the fact that they can't get full-time work, yes? It'd be great to assume everyone can get 40 hours of work. We have a huge problem in our work force right now where people can't get the amount of hours that they want and probably need.
>>
just fyi, OP's linked video is fake, as is the rest of the videos on this guy's channel. you are all stupid.
>>
>>68299091

>so many people who are living on the minimum wage are in poverty?

Immigration.

Adding millions of new people every year artificially increases aggregate demand, which increases prices for all commodities.
>>
>>68296092
>>68298995
I can let you get by saying that he didn't know jack about economics but that doesn't line up with the point that I was making, which is that the intention of minimum wage was to also have a living wage.
>>
>>68299280
Seems we also need to be creating jobs then.
Or, you know, keeping our jobs here.
>>
>2016
>not being self employed by 25
Wew lad...
>>
>>68299602
If literally everyone in the new generation were self-employed, there'd be a lot of shit not getting done efficiently within a handful of years.

However, given the kinds of jobs that exist now or are coming into existence, there likely will be more self-employed young people in the coming years.
>>
>>68299084
Sure is a valid reason.

When the database goes down, nothing works, and your clients are threatening to leave, you'll be glad you had a good DBA around. And the $10/hr peons that got to keep their job because the DBA did his should be thankful.

Better to have 1 guy that works 6 hours a week around that gets the job done than 2 that spend 60 hours a week doing sub-par work.

Obviously you are smart enough to see how the world works, so rather than waste all your energy trying to change it, why don't you just get with the program and become an IT worker?
>>
>>68298736
You don't get it. You think you are somehow different than the plebs making $10 an hour less than you do. You resist closing that gap to $2 because it would force you to confront the reality that you are just as much of a worthless pleb as they are.

You think there is a middle class, and that you are part of it, when in fact you are just as much one of the working-class rabble as the illegals and thugs two blocks over. The only difference is that you choose to live beyond your means.

If anything, we should raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour just to drink the tears of idiot WASPs who thought they were hot shit because their unskilled labor paid slightly more than other people's unskilled labor.
>>
>>68299448

>Seems we also need to be creating jobs then.

This isn't a problem.
Even if our domestic industries can't create jobs, you can always look to foreign firms to compete with our domestic ones and create jobs so long as there are appropriate tariffs to prevent massive undercutting.

We just need to stop immigration and everything will go back to what it once was.
Doubt this will happen, because the elites don't want to stop immigration.
>>
>>68299091

The requirement that people receive special benefits when they work past 40 hours give incentives to employers to never give low skill workers 40+ hours. It costs 15k to employ someone 39 hours but 20k to employ them 40 hours. Why pay 5k extra for that one hour?
>>
>>68298646
No, it's not exaggerated. 2 hours of work, 3 days a week. These are exact figures.

I didn't follow in his footsteps because I hate wishy-washy shit like IT, design, art and all that bullshit. Instead I work on improving the NSA's ability to track and identify you. It also pays a lot of money, but it requires more work. It's still a lot of waiting and little doing, which is nice. Nowhere on the level of what my father does, and I actually have to go to the office daily and participate in meetings weekly, unlike him.
>>
>>68299385
Fair enough, but how do you define "living wage"?

Nowadays, even people in poverty have luxuries such as cars, smart phones, and computers.

>>68299448
I agree, which is part of why I'm voting for Trump
>>
>>68299891
But the point is, why not pay the DBA a "standby" salary when he's doing something, and the actual 6-figures-compatible salary when he's actually doing something?
>>
File: laughing_computationspecialist.jpg (36 KB, 403x306) Image search: [Google]
laughing_computationspecialist.jpg
36 KB, 403x306
>>68300126
>Instead I work on improving the NSA's ability to track and identify you
>Canadian flag
Jesus fucking Christ, IT outsourcing has gotten WAY out of hand.
>>
>>68299977
>You don't get it. You think you are somehow different than the plebs making $10 an hour less than you do.
Are you a communist, where you only care about equality of results, not the equality of opportunity?

>You resist closing that gap to $2 because it would force you to confront the reality that you are just as much of a worthless pleb as they are.
No, I resist closing that gap because it would cost the price of goods to raise to prices that would make it much more difficult for me to afford. In essence, I resist closing that gap because I do not want to live uncomfortably. If I wanted to, I would just work a minimum wage job.
>>
>>68286574
I only make 17.45 an hour for doing dispatch 911 and i think the exact opposite if you increase the bottom then that gives the middle a chance to increase too. Now $15 an hour is stupid but lowering taxes on the poor and giving them a livable wage is a good place to start. I mean hell the poor are already living off foodstamps from the government.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.