[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Education Inflation (aka "Edflation")
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
I saw the libtard candidates last night going on about how a college degree is today's equivalent of a high school education a few decades ago. I thoght "I agree, because a college degree is as worthless as the paper it's printed on." But rather that address that we have a huge problem with colleges essentially profiting off of selling worthless degrees and exploiting young people to get money, they say we need to make college free for everyone just like basic education.

This is retarded. When will politicians admit that not everyone should go to college, and start cracking down on colleges for exploiting young people and flooding the job market with people who are on paper overqualified for low-skill jobs, thus making it harder for people without degrees to get work? Big Ed is part of what is destroying our economy, because the have simultaneously made a college education worthless while also making it mandatory if you want a job.

In 10 years, you won't be able to work at McDonalds without having a Bachelor's Degree in Flipology. That is the future that Big Ed and the DemocRAT party want.
>>
>>53694238
i'd occupy her holes
>>
>>53694304
I'd occupy YOUR holes.
>>
File: monay man.jpg (64 KB, 586x480) Image search: [Google]
monay man.jpg
64 KB, 586x480
>>53694238
>But rather that address that we have a huge problem with colleges essentially profiting off of selling worthless degrees and exploiting young people to get money, they say we need to make college free for everyone just like basic education.

don't forget that the biggest increases in college tuition occurred AFTER the federal government increased the availability and amount available of federal education grants. making college "free" will make the universities richer then ever before and bullshit feminist-underwater-basket-weaving type degrees will increase. and young people will go into even more debt by loan interest, or by devaluation of the currency
>>
>>53694420
I'd like all my holes occupied , simultaneously.
>>
Nah, she's the 1%. In the bad way.
>>
>>53694519
People don't understand that when the government says "we'll pay for it!", it ends up getting the little people because of future inflation.
>>
File: 1332311072062.jpg (2 MB, 2250x1721) Image search: [Google]
1332311072062.jpg
2 MB, 2250x1721
>>53694238
>This is retarded. When will politicians admit that not everyone should go to college, and start cracking down on colleges for exploiting young people and flooding the job market with people who are on paper overqualified for low-skill jobs, thus making it harder for people without degrees to get work?

>In 10 years, you won't be able to work at McDonalds without having a Bachelor's Degree in Flipology. That is the future that Big Ed and the DemocRAT party want.

The problem I see here is that Americans are unwilling to TRAIN anyone in a job. Americans used to be willing to train one another straight out of highschool, but now they have this idea that "someone else needs to train my employees, the schools need to do it, I won't train anyone."

This is a problem with the American people, and neither party wants to admit that this is a problem. Neither party wants to tell the American people. "stop being lazy and entitled, you need to train young people again!"

Any candidate that says a problem is because of the American people will lose a lot of votes. And I do believe this problem with degree inflation and a culture of apathy towards training is because of the American people. The government can't really do much to solve this problem aside from telling the American people that its their fault.
>>
>>53694238
That's true. Libtards can't really think things through, they run on impulse towards whatever gets them to satisfy any cravings they're having. They're better off being herded into suicide cults, their delusions of utopian bliss are just too difficult to deprogram sometimes.
>>
Never really understood why in stead of studying for years, not more people use the 5 seconds technique and just type on their CV that they finished history/ philosophy / .... nobody is going to check for a normal office job.
>>
>>53695266
>use the 5 seconds technique and just type on their CV that they finished history/ philosophy / .... nobody is going to check for a normal office job.
iwouldliketoknowmore
>>
>>53694238
The fact of the matter is that college educated people still on average earn more than non-college educated.
The government offers "free" student loans to allow people the chance to statistically have a leg up.

The problem comes up with the colleges, rather than making good on providing these skills that create more earnings, they just push anyone through while teaching them the type of thinking that makes them believe that the government should have paid their bills rather than giving them a loan in good faith.
>>
>>53695584
50% of people do a job that has nothing to do with their degree. They never have to show their degree, they never have to talk about their degree. It's just a couple of letters on their CV, that gets them to be invited for an interview to do a random office job. So put the f*cking letters on your CV and you are finished. No need to waste years just to be able to type a couple of words on a CV.
>>
>>53696356
your probably right, good idea. worth a shot
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.