[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is it that there are billionaires and millionaires making
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 9
How is it that there are billionaires and millionaires making ten thousand dollars a minute while there are hardworking Americans who only make $9.00 an hour and have to choose between paying the rent and eating well? Why do we as a society allow this?
>>
>>68731227
Work smart, not hard.
>>
>>68731227
Part of it is nepotism

A bigger part of it though is that most people are easily replaced

Many many many people can work a cash register or push a lawn mower

However far fewer people can quickly set up and lock in business deals and manage large numbers of people

Or perform skilled labor/tasks such as running complex and delicate equipment

Anyone can be taught a cash register in a few minutes and get the hang of the job after about a day

However it can take years of study to become an engineer and many more years practicing the trade to truly master it
>>
>>68731227

stockholm syndrome
>>
Because some people provide more value than other people

(Hint: you're one of the good for nothing shit stains producing no value and you deserve less compensation as a result)
>>
Because by pumping our country full of third world savages, we've lowered the value of the American citizen.
>>
>>68731227
Low paying jobs pay low for a reason. Do you honestly think a grocery store cart pusher could easily do the job of a CEO of a multi million dollar company?
>>
>>68731878

why not? look how many run them into the ground and cost tons of people their jobs while they glide away on their golden parachute
>>
>>68731227
Because billionaires and millionaires invest their savings into the stock market, which generates dividends for them into an account. Usually a small percentage of the investment, as a bonus for investing in that company.

If you invest enough money, you get more money per minute, really. They just don't sit on billions. It's some of it is in banks but most of it is the market or funds.
>>
>>68731390
This.

On a horse and buggy
>the trains are stealing all of our work
>>
>>68731952

You're 17. You don't know fuck all about what it takes to start or run a business.

Just kill yourself.
>>
>>68732082

this is gibberish
>>
>>68731227

How is it that a loser who had no job until 40 and has never had any significant private sector job can become a half-serious candidate for President of the United States of 'Merica.
>>
>>68732038
there's hedge fund managers who literally make more in an hour than you'll make in a life. it's cute you think they're making billions and millions by earning 15% interest on stock options. with government giving them monopolies and creating unfair situations it's impossible to make this kind of money.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-make-a-million-dollars-an-hour-2013-3
>>
>>68732232

Your response confirms it as incontrovertible fact. "Starting and running a business" is gibberish to you PRECISELY because what I said is true - you don't know FUCKALL about what it means or takes.

Examine your mediocre life under your single mother and then kill yourself.
>>
Do Berniggers really not understand how shit works? Do you honestly think Joe and his carpeting job should get him as much money as someone who controls multiple large-scale companies that produce billions?
>>
>>68732301

you act like the rest of the field isn't just as big of fuckups

>>68732357

more gibberish
>>
>>68731227
How is it that losers will always make excuses and shift blame onto others but never inflect and work harder?
>>
>>68731952
>why not?
Because a fucking kid with no skills wouldn't have the slightest idea how to run a company.
>>
>>68732386

Aww the poor teenager can't handle the fact that he is a useless idiot.

It's ok bud. Keep serving me my coffee pleb.

Oh. And don't forget to consider suicide daily until you finally go through with it. Thanks pleb.
>>
>>68732428
Their hardest work isn't good enough when they don't even understand anything about reality.
>>
>>68732082
It's easy as shit to start a business.

source: I sold weed when I was 13

>interest in product
>client base
>supply meets demand
>investments from outside sources that want a higher product to customer ratio
>agreements with local distributors to set up ground rules and class jurisdictions
>agreements with other businesses to benefit both parties

The only hard part is the legal mumbo and copyright laws.
>>
>>68732536

HahahahhahahaAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH YES

YESSYEYEYEYSYES

THIS IS THE EMBODIMENT OF THE NAIVE IDIOTIC BERNIE BASE

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

No one is this severely unintelligent. I just got master trolled.
>>
>>68731227
Life isn't fair, get over it.
>>
>>68732536

haha holy shit that other guy was right. you should definitely give some serious thought to killing yourself
>>
>>68732378
They literally, unironically believe this. They think of all wealthy people as cartoon supervillains or criminals or posh kids inheriting Daddy's money and that they don't deserve it. Anyone who actually worked hard to get to where they are is still demonized and placed under that category.

It's pretty much just an attitude of "this person is smarter and worked harder than meeeeeeee!!!!!!! I'll never be capable of reaching their success so fuck them"
>>
>>68732466
i see you missed the rest of the post

try again
>>
>>68732712
You do know that we have ID's on this board right?

Dude. Refute my claim by going into detail what businesses need to succeed and prove me wrong. Stop shit-flinging like a poultry allergic, skinny beta male who is going bald while living with daddy.
>>
File: 123464656.jpg (161 KB, 1200x1392) Image search: [Google]
123464656.jpg
161 KB, 1200x1392
>>68731227
What I don't understand is that the state is pretty much subsidizing this wage slavery by giving these people food stamps and medicaid. Else they'd have riots on their hands.

Raising the minimum wage is the wrong way to solve this but the US should really reform healthcare and education so that the tax payer doesn't subsidize companies exploiting people.
>>
>>68732428
Because there are three types of failures: The unintelligent, the willingly weak, and the unlucky. The unintelligent are usually willing to work hard, but can't figure out what they should work hard at in order to be successful. The willingly weak (aka lazy) probably know what to work hard at, but can't be assed to do it (Engineering degree is harder than an English degree). Unlucky are usually only a failure for a short amount of time, although bad luck like a getting hit by a drunk driver can most definitely permanently effect your capacity to work.

All three types of failures exist in every species that we know of, right down to ants. Liberals like to pretend that every failure in humanity is only "unlucky," and not dumb as a box of rock (which therefore shouldn't breed) or lazy as fuck.

In this delusion, they also forget that the Universe does not care about compassion. It cares only about survival and success.
>>
I'm finally starting to make OK money after 6 years of hard work and taking financial risks. Everyone I know who 'does well' took the same path. If you start punishing that too much I will eventually just stop trying and do the bare-ass minimum.

Look, I work in government. Seeing how it works and knowing the people that wind up 'here', I have to say the last thing you should be wanting to do is give me access to more of your money in any way.

I've also seen enough of the college world to know that system is broken. Giving it more money is the WRONG path to helping Americans; we need to be destroying it and starting over with a better way to provide technical and professional education. A 'college degree', in most cases, should be an extracurricular pursuit for people who want to study crap and haven't realized that the internet exists. It's a tremendous racket.

Again, not something you want to be giving more money to. That's why it's expensive in the first place.
>>
>>68733254
>success
Negative. The universe cares about progress.
>>
>>68732536
>source: I sold weed when I was 13
I'm not surprised at all that a literal burnout is voting for Bernie.
>selling weed is the same thing as running a multi million dollar business
How fucking retarded are you? Any fucking moron can sell weed, you're living proof of that
>>
>>68732386
>>68732232
>>68731952
confirmed underrage
MODS
>>
To all the people who say they earned it.

bullshit. Every person gets born into different circumstances. Different intelligence, different parents etc if you succeed, it's not because of you but because you had luck.

So no one deserves to be so rich that he doesnt know what to do with his money. No one is the captain of their own ship you stupid faggots
>>
>>68733359
Progress is a difficult word to define without hindsight. There are thousands of failed specie variants that "progressed" in the wrong direction, without actually regressing.

Thus, only successful progression is rewarded.
>>
>>68733567
aww

poor baby's hugbox got challenged and he couldn't handle it

go suck some kike dick dumbfuck
>>
>>68733609
>THERE'S NOT A SINGLE RICH PERSON ALIVE TODAY WHO WORKED HARD FOR IT!
You can go fuck yourself. No one deserves to take away someone elses money because "WAHHHHHH I WASN'T BORN RICH"
>>
>>68733254
But it is unlucky

You cant increase your intelligence you get born with it.
You never earned your iq faggot.
Also your personality is a result of your genes and upcoming you don t earn it faggot

Succeed is pure luck
>>
There will always be shitkickers. Something these fuckers don't seem to realize.
>>
>>68733609
shut the fuck up richest country in the world
>>
>>68733359
Fuck off back to whatever Whig history circle jerk you came from, the universe is entropy.
>>
>>68732536
It's easy in theory you dumb fuck.

But then again, it's easy in reality when you father gives you a small loan of a million dollars.
>>
>>68731227
There's one billionaire. There's a billion people for the billionaire
>>
>>68733819
You see i know what i am talking about.
What did i do to be born in the richest country in the world? Nothing it was pure luck.
What did successful people do? They maybe worked hard but without luck - their genes, intelligence, upcoming etc- they never would have succeeded
>>
>>68733364
I'm not a Bernie supporter. I understand that multi-million dollar corporations are harder to run but the basics of how to *START* < (take note of the emboldened and capitalized word) a business.

Most businesses started just like I mentioned. The Nike guy was using a fucking waffle iron on shoes for more grip.

His success began with the following:

>interest in product
Usually, for a business to become profitable, people need to give a shit about what they're producing.
>client base
The people that see the product being created with interest generally will gravitate towards said product in lieu of their less passionate counterparts.
>supply meets demand
Once a few units are sold the organization will develop a need for momentum in their production line
>investments from outside sources that want a higher product to customer ratio
The rest should be self explanatory.

Jesus. I knew there were a bunch of nigs on /pol/ tonight but this is a bit much.
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 750x1334
10mil net worth here, society allows it because it needs me to build its infrastructure. Try to pay me less and see if I'll budge. And anyone can start a bussiness, just need to pay for paperwork. It's meeting a monthly 70k overhead when you're invoices arent gettig paid that'll drive you to suicide.
It also allows it because I paid more in taxes last year then what you'll make in the next 10.

Pic related, time stamped t4 from yesterday.
>>
>>68733656
Good point
>>
>>68733952
That's why I used a simple example to explain my standpoint..... To elaborate on the theory behind starting a business.
>>68734125
>>
>>68733609
I feel like I already addressed the luck point, anon.

And, as I stated in that post, you can't have a strong society if you pander to the willingly weak, the unintelligent, and the unfortunate. The universe does not reward compassion, only survival and success.

Does that mean you shouldn't care? Of course not. You're not the universe. But to think that you can dictate how some people you don't know should have their money taken by other people you don't know and given to yet other people you don't know is what I like to call "sociopathic altruism." You don't know anyone in the equation, yet you claim to know what's best for all of them.
>>
>>68733952
Wouldn't you like to give your son a loan of a million dollars and watch him run for president one day because of it?

Isn't Trump the epitome of the american dream passed on to the next generation? His kids have been groomed to become even better than him.

Wouldn't you feel proud if your father gave you $1,000,000 and said make the world work for you?
>>
The 9/hr person is living above their means. They should learn a skill so they can make more money if they want to be so extravagant.
>>
>>68734154
And if you weren't a leaf you'd get to enjoy the 15% corporate tax rate under Trump
>>
>>68734125
You proved fucking nothing. On paper STARTING a company is easy, because you're not actually doing it. And running one is a whole different story you fucking retard.
There's a reason you aren't running a company, and surprise surprise, selling weed is one of them
>>
>>68734279
>Wouldn't you like to give your son a loan of a million dollars and watch him run for president one day because of it?

No I wouldn't, I'd like my son to be a decent human being, not a cunt.

The world will work for him? Fuck no lmfao. America will work for him? Of course they will.

If he gets elected, I'm going to grab some popcorn and watch this world go to shit.
>>
>>68734154
What do you do?
>>
>>68734266
Of vourse these pepole should earn more. But there have to be limits or there has to be completely no rules. Because poor people grow up to have lower consvience on robbing people etc that's the talent they got through uprising. Why aren't they allowed to come and take your shit because it's survival of the strongest.
>>
>>68734439
So you want to give your son nothing? This is why your name isn't known but Trump's is. He earned his own legacy with a loan from his father's.

I thought all fathers wanted to give their sons the chance at greatness. Some succeed and some scrape by.
>>
>>68734513
This. Nobody can spend millions of dollars USEFULLY on themselves. Hell I couldn't spend $1 mil in my lifetime on important stuff (important as in food, roof over my head and a little luxury every now and then).

Is it too hard to donate to homeless people and send them back where they came from or give them a roof over their heads? Nah, import foreigners because they'll work for less money.
>>
>>68734319
>eating food everyday and having a place to live is extravagant
i know the US is getting shittier but come on were not full third world yet
>>
>>68734125
>sold weed
>calling others nigs
>ISHIGGYDIGGY
>>
>>68734563
No, he's just an americunt richfag with no moral values running for a president only because his rich father gave him an amount of money that just couldn't fail starting a business this big. Gates started his business in a garage, not with a 1 million USD. And guess what? He's a bigger human being than Trump is. Oh I wonder why
>>
>>68731227
you gotta get gud at life bro
>>
>>68734513
In my opinion, if that's what they want to do, they should most certainly be able to.

And they would have short, violent lives as they were gunned down, both by private police and by the owners themselves, thus justifying their high breeding rate. And, eventually, they would be purged for it, as the wealthy amassed the funds necessary to decimate the "brutal" population in its entirety.

Or you could pay money so that there are universal laws that every citizen can be expected to be held to, at least on paper, and, if it gets too corrupt, they risk revolution.

I prefer choice number 2, as it is a universal good, unlike choice number 1.
>>
>>68734424
Jesus...

Starting a company was the entire discussion. I never claimed to know how to maintain a company. I was merely stating, from my experience, that companies generally are started in approximately the same way.

A friend of mine made 20k last month from selling lawn spray. He smokes more weed daily than I have in my life. I do landscaping and am a part-time prep cook. It's fairly easy to lock-in deals with land owners who need yard work done.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>68734421
Yeah except nobody is buidling shit in the US, unless you count guns. We've got 100 houses going up in the middle of buttfuck nowhere because trudeaux can't stop importing rich migrants. Say what you want about nationalism but immagrants bring in money, and thats honestly then main thing most rich people give a shit about.
>>
>>68734690
I would like you to explain how more than 90% of familial wealth is gone within 2 generations, then.

It's spent on shit. It's providing jobs to people, whether they be servants or producers of Lambos and yachts.
>>
>>68731227
Why do we only have a choice between people who are backed by very wealthy people. Don't tell me that Sanders is a candidate of the people because I don't believe you. Some people with very deep pockets are behind his candidacy. He has alway supported the military and our horrendous foreign policy that's the blame for the current situation we find ourselves in.
>>
>>68734833
You're a fucking retard because you're acting as if starting a million dollar company is easy because "lol i used to sell weedXD"
>>
>>68734850
That's the issue with migrants.... The rich smart ones leave their retarded counterparts in the dust then whitey gets blamed.
>>
>>68734707

You should be able to have food and shelter on 9/hr. The problem is those people want macbook, smartphones, high speed internet, starbucks, etc. They live above their means and complain they don't make enough. They're lazy so learning a skill and earning more is out of the question. Instead they look at the wealthy. Then say it's unfair and demand the wealthy pay them more.
>>
>>68734781
Just for a frame of reference... It costs a little over a million dollars to open 1 McDonalds restaurant.

Very few McDonalds fail.

He got the same amount of money from his dad. He invested it in riverfront housing property. But for comparisons sake, he started with something the size of a McDonalds and now he's got skyscraper*s* with his name on it.
>>
>>68734872
Because people are stupid. Non-stupid people couldn't possibly spend 1 million usefully in 2 generations. Food and a roof over their heads does not cost that much.

Buying an expensive car, an unnecessarily huge home and a shit ton of electronics to "make your life easier".

Buying healthy food and paying for that roof, and occassionally affording SOME luxury can be passed down 4 generations.
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 650x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 650x350
>>68734469
I help build stuff.
>>
>>68734690
Doesn't matter if they can spend it or not.. You miss the key point it's not yours to take. What part of what someone else earns do you feel you are entitled to. There is only one correct answer. None. No one owes you shit. I don't owe the homeless shit, it's not my problem where they live just like it's not their problem where i live.
>>
>>68735068
Your McShitnalds failed in Bosnia because it's shit food, and costs more than a juicy hamburger from our local fast foods. The only thing I've ever gotten from a mcdonalds was ice cream, but then again they don't make it, they buy it and resell it, so it's good :)
>>
>>68733752
Youre right

So what are we going to do? Beat God like the Plymouth colonies? Those who work, eat.
>>
File: 1458847319246.png (292 KB, 422x499) Image search: [Google]
1458847319246.png
292 KB, 422x499
>>68734125
>sold weed at 13
>calls us niggers
>>
>>68731227
how is it that a hard-working coal miner wit ha pickaxe only digs up 100 kilos of coal a day while a rich industrialist with a big fat mining drill digs up hundreds of tons per day?

why do we allow this?
>>
Stupid people can make money. Go into sales. There's no excuse to be making 9/hr other than laziness.
>>
>>68735081
>Because people are stupid.
I already stated that.

>Non-stupid people couldn't possibly spend 1 million usefully in 2 generations
They are employing people in other businesses.

The universe doesn't care about compassion, or about shiny toys. It cares about survival and success. So it really doesn't matter whether you keep the money in the family or not. Over 90 percent of the time, it's gone within 2 generations. But if you take it away from the family, then they don't strive to succeed. Why would they?
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 711x711) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 711x711
>>68734948
It's also why canada isn't in flames right now. We've been importing the jobs we've needed for the past 30 years now because locals haven't been able to get their shit together for generations, so migrants had to fill the gaps. It's also why all the major hubs are prodominantly persian/asian/indian.
>>
>>68735611
I run a small psychologist ordination with my SO, we finished our studies in this shithole of a country and we work in our offices. Does that make me stupid? No, that makes me interested in my field, and satisfies me to do the job I do, money is just a bonus for me.

Not only rich people are smart. I consider smart people that fight and succeed in what they want. Wether it to be delivering mail for all I care.
>>
>>68735685
That's fucked...
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 480x385) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 480x385
>>68735685
The difference between the states is we never had shitty illegals driving down the cost of basic labour so a normie can make a really comfy living from somethig as basic as construction.
>>
Healthcare should be a right to everyone. If you don't like it you should also have the option to opt out and pay for your own doctors, out of your own pocket, but then never be allowed to re-enroll in the program.

Public colleges should be free (like high school), but if you want to go to a better one then pay for it yourself.

The very wealthy and corporations (making over 10 million/year ) should be paying out of a much higher bracket like it was the majority of the time income was taxed in the US. The majority of the people that make that much were born into wealth. None of you cucks will ever make than much anyways.

$15/hr minimum wage isn't unreasonable. It will create more spending, thus creating more revenue.

If you don't like it, you make enough to where you can live wherever. See how much the tax bracket is in any other country that you find suitable.
>>
>>68735907
I never stated that only rich people were smart. I only qualified failures, which would lead you to imply that success would borrow from the opposite of those three traits (which would be hard work, intelligence, and luck). Now, being rich can be a side effect of success, whether that's being dumb as a box of rocks but working the right job, being smart enough to plot your career well, or just straight up winning the lottery. But success is just the ability to survive without someone else needing to meddle in the wallets of others on your behalf.

What are you arguing? The opposite?
>>
>>68735389
Oh, sure, retard. Everyone in the world should just stop doing jobs that don't net more than 9 dollars an hour.

When that happens, who the fuck do you think is gonna flip your burgers, fix your plumbing, mow your lawn, etc. etc.?

We NEED those people, and they deserve to be taken care of completely, not partially.

Fuck you. Your thought process is why the world fucking sucks.
>>
>>68736170
I think neither of us knows what the fuck we're arguing about. /pol/ has gone to a shithole where everyone releases their anger apparently. Sorry mate, it ruined me
>>
Laziness. Envy. Brainwashing.
>>
>>68735932
I blame the culture, whites encourage their kids to do whatever they want rather than steer them towards success. My u of t engineering classes we're maybe 20% white, the rest foreigners. Meanwhile poli sci was pretty much all white. This is where the real wealth gap starts.
>>
>>68734421
We already have a 15% corporate rate, idiot. It killed us and gave us all our shitty Zio debt. It will kill you and give you 25 trillion more in shitty Zio debt
>>
>>68736257
To be fair, your first post that I responded to was an affirmation to a post that was criticizing my post.

Pretty easy for that shit to go off the rails, even when you're describing what happened in general.

All I'm stating is that the Universe cares about success, and its pathalogical altruism to presume that you, a complete stranger, can take money from rich complete strangers, using the group of complete strangers that is the government, to give to a group of poor complete strangers, as though you know what's best for all parties involved.

Considering that familial wealth disintegrates back into the economy rather rapidly regardless, all you accomplish by doing this is taking money from some deserving rich people (and, admittedly, some undeserving rich people), and giving it to some undeserving poor people (and, admittedly, some deserving poor people).

Government welfare is a sledgehammer in an operation that requires a scalpel.
>>
>>68734110
Then give all your shit to some nigger worse off than you.

You're half right - you didn't choose to be born there. Your parents chose to create you. Wealth and nation are the product of accumulated work and knowledge over time. That doesn't make them less deserved. It doesn't mean the people who have them should have it taken to give to the defects and failures who never built anything for themselves in their entire family lineage..
>>
>>68731227
How come there is a senile old jew running for president?
>>
>>68734125
>a WEED seller calls someone a nig

o i am laffin

fag
>>
Because some jobs are simply worth more pay than others.

This is some six-year old child shit, Bernie. You can't give everyone a million dollars and expect a million dollars to still be the standard for supreme wealth. Same effect with a $15 minimum wage.
>>
>>68736566
Yes, you're right. We almost got caught in a clusterfuck of nonsense if we would have continued.
>>
>>68737126

Nobody else is stupid enough to try and fight Hillary for the Democratic seat. I'm surprised we didn't see people mysteriously die, other than a Supreme Court justice.
>>
Happiness doesn't come from wanting more and more. All that leads to is unrealistic dreams and the sorrow of unfulfilled desires. The best contentment one can achieve is realizing their place in the world.

If you haven't got the skills and knowhow to be anything more than a worker, why not be happy with that? What good would envy and resentment do for you? Nothing.
>>
>>68737307
Glad we could tap on the brakes, and come to an agreement.
>>
>>68731227

We allow it because of the cold war. Once all the boomers die the rich will fucking pay for their decadence.
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.