[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stronk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160324_151110.jpg (4 MB, 4208x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160324_151110.jpg
4 MB, 4208x3120
How does shit like this happen in the US /pol/?
Is it people or is it society?
>>
>>68661940
I bet that is a Democrat controlled city, probably in California, it happens when you pretend to care and take in more people than the society is capable of caring for. Kind of like a cat lady with a hundred cats they all end up neglected and her apartment starts filling with catshit.
>>
Some people are happy being poor. I've met travelers who are free spirits; they travel the country in coal trains, reject capitalism and the materialistic wants of regular society. They just want to listen to Daze N Daze and play their old guitar. Why work a normal suit and tie job when you can use your musical talents to make a few bucks on the street? It's not much, it's not a house payment. Just enough to get by.

I wish I could be a free spirit, much like the hobos. Instead, my life is too comfy. Internet, computer, camera.

As far as the graffiti, the people who are doing graffiti aren't from the areas they're painting on. Mostly white suburban kids going into the city to spray paint.
>>
>>68662267
Florida (specifically Miami)

Has been red for a while now
>>
>>68662267
absolutely perfect analogy for the refugee crisis. europe is a crazy cat lady. it literally all fits
>>
>>68662881
But these are citizens that were born and raised here, not immigrants...
>>
>>68662267
check the graffiti, you have taken the bait.
>>
>>68662712
Well, the same applies to the Republicans, or any party, but it still applies, take in the 3rd world have 3rd world problems.
>>
Society. America has been built on oppression and discrimination on the minorities giving them less opportunity to strive and be successful. Therefore they end up being in the slum and no support from the government.
>>
>>68662698
Yes. And in fantasy land it is the Blacks who invent everything...

You fucking douche LOLOLOLOLOL
>>
>>68661940
mental illness

nobody in this country wants to touch that topic. it's always the conditions surrounding mental health.

mass shooters? ban guns. tens of thousands of homeless? more welfare programs. suicidal thoughts? government subsidized dick surgery.

i volunteer at homeless shelters and most of these people can't function. sure, you get the lazy, and the stupid, and the addicts, but a good portion can't live a regular life due to mental illness. they aren't capable of holding a job or paying bills or making other sound decisions. it's usually people with little to no family, so no support base, nobody to get them help when they finally snap. they fall through the cracks and end up permanently homeless. it's a downwards spiral because the less teeth you have and the dirtier you are and the more you talk to yourself, the less chance you have of recovering and finding a normal life.

the best we can do is support charities and organizations that give people functional help. maybe we can help a few people get back on their feet. we can be that support system they were missing.

other than that, homelessness and poverty in general is inherent to capitalism and a society that won't acknowledge mental health issues.
>>
>>68662698

Get out, gypsy.
>>
>>68661940
a lot of it is because of drug and alcohol addictions. Hard to see a way out when you are constantly fucked up.
>>
File: 00L4VqG.jpg (164 KB, 887x600) Image search: [Google]
00L4VqG.jpg
164 KB, 887x600
>>68661940
How do you think?
>>
>>68663629
This is it folks.
Sadly, the pharma companies refuse to develop medicines to cure many illnesses as there is more profit in creating illness and more drugs to reduce the caused symptoms...
>>
>>68663184
poor people are everywhere, it's the nature of the world.
>>
>>68661940
In the US there is literally no reason to be homeless or hungry
>>
>>68661940

People. My parents came here as poor immigrants, and while they aren't rich, they made enough to make two homes in their native country and will live out retirement easy, getting gov'mint checks, and the aid from me monthly, as they travel here to there yearly.

Want to buy something? You work.
Want better living conditions? You work.
Want to help others like family and friends? You work.

You work and while you may not end up rich, you'll be far from homeless in the US of A.
>>
Remember when we used to just lock them up to get treatment?

Fucking Reagan.
>>
>>68661940
Why are they sleeping in the day when they could be begging for money.
>>
>>68663629
>>68664295
Fuck that's depressing. Seems like a lose-lose
>>
>>68664639
>Fucking Reagan.

Liberals BEGGED for people to be released from mental health facilities. And now you blame Reagan. You people are pathetic.
>>
>>68662712
>Has been red for a while now
That's misleading, there are strong blue areas in Florida.

I bet this is one of those areas.
>>
>>68661940
i see nothing wrong with living on the streets in a house you made yourself

just dont beg for food and money and no shooting up or being junked out. besides that, i couldnt gove two shits
>>
>>68664985

Reagan closed them all, idiot.
>>
>>68664448
Food IS a guarantee here. With SNAP (or whatever it's called where you are), there's no reason to starve or to dumpster dive excepting extreme stupidity and/or mental illness and/or personal choice.

Homes are not guaranteed though. It is quite easy to become homeless in this country: just be male, unmarried, childless, and don't pay your rent/mortgage. Average price for a 1-bedroom apartment in the poorest niggerest part of my city is $1000.00. Pretty easy to get fired and instantly not even have savings cover that.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.