[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any valid argument for legalizing marijuana for personal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 2000px-Cannabis_leaf_2.svg.png (933 KB, 2000x2164) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Cannabis_leaf_2.svg.png
933 KB, 2000x2164
Is there any valid argument for legalizing marijuana for personal nonmedical purposes or are potheads and teenagers pushing for this mostly just hedonistic fuckers full of shit?
>>
Plz respond
>>
There are no valid arguments to keep drugs like weed illegal
>>
>Weed is legalized
>Illegal drug trade takes massive hit, as marijuana is *the* most common,easy-to-sell narcotic
>Government taxes the fuck out of it and makes hella money
Or
>Weed remains illegal
>Gang violence involving marijuana distribution continues
>Private and government-funded prisons continue to exist with the vast majority incarcerating nonviolent youth for possession and distribution, sapping precious time and resources we could be using to track down terrorists, allocate to arming police forces and training them to handle actual criminals doing actually destructive drugs like meth, heroin etc

But by all means, keep saying DUDE WEED. You're surely not the puppet here.
>>
File: PurpleDrank.jpg (36 KB, 373x398) Image search: [Google]
PurpleDrank.jpg
36 KB, 373x398
>>68338207
Well, who the fuck are you to tell me what I can smoke or eat or whatever?
>>
>>68338207

It will remove it as an issue and make liberals less likely to get out and vote.
>>
File: 1457301852748.jpg (16 KB, 565x346) Image search: [Google]
1457301852748.jpg
16 KB, 565x346
>bad for narcos
>new industry of legitimate jobs
>less nonviolent felons that have to resort to crime because they're unable to get hired anywhere
>gubmint shouldn't tell me what I can and can't do with my body

All drugs should be legalized reeeeee
>>
>>68338207
Niggers make money out of the illegal trade of drugs. Make them legal and the money will go to white middle class people instead.
>>
>>68341713
Yeah sure, nobody should stop you from taking bath salts or meth and assault innocents

Not the same with cannabis, but mostly other drugs are fucking bullshit to cry over being illegal
>>
>>68338207
Boost economy. Reduce crime. Make lefties even less likely to go outside and vote.

There's 0 argument to wanting weed to be illegal unless you're big pharma.
>>
>>68338207
Why would I buy my weed from niggers at the club who rip me off every time when I can buy the exact strain I want in the exact quality I want from white clerks at the store?
Normalization of cannabis would also take the rug out under stoner "counter" culture, since they would have nothing left to rebel against.
No more room to celebrate degeneracy under the guise of fighting the system, they'd be exposed as what they are.
While responsible consumers can smoke a blunt in peace.
>>
>>68343486
>taking bath salts or meth and assault innocents
Two different things here mate. If I do some meth it generally will not affect anyone else.

If I go assault someone then that is affecting another person so its a different situation.

For example you are allowed to drive cars, even though cars could run someone over. But for the most part we drive where we need to go and dont affect anyone else.

So basically my rationale for this is who does it affect? If what I do has not effect on anyone else, what right do they have to stop me?
>>
>>68338207
No, its totally fair, reasonable, and worth the effort, to tell fully grown adults that you know whats best for them, and that they can drink an extremely inflammatory impotent drink that can easily kill you immediately or slowly, but waste millions of taxpayers dollars and ruin countless lives trying to ban one that just makes people kinda lazy

Yeah, people are gonna totally listen to these rules and these efforts wont all be in vain

It isnt true that 50% of americans have smoked weed one time or another
>>
It's pointless to keep it prohibited.

Pot isn't a drug of addiction and the money spent on law enforcement would better be spent on other drugs.

I'm not a pothead, I can't stand the shit, btw.
>>
>>68338207
the valid argument is that we are not your slaves and you cannot tell us how to live.

the dumbass argument is that alcohol does FAR more damage to people than weed.

the economic argument is that only the elites, governments, bankers and cartels benifit from drugs now. however, if legal, a regular citizen could set up shop and benefit.

there are so many reasons that drugs are illegal that it is mind boggling. but it comes down to the fact that they make more money for our overlords as illegal rather than legal. pot, for instance, is literally a weed. if it was legal anyone with a brain would grow it themselves.
>>
>>68344333
I've seen plenty of customers on meth where I work
Some tend to get violent
Of course there are drugs that can make you harm other people
Just like alcohol
Though i firmly believe there should be some quota on alcohol
>>
>>68344709
>the dumbass argument is that alcohol does FAR more damage

>dumb

What the fuck? Its not dumb, you fucking stupid asshole

Consider the average persons opinion, is he going to give a fuck about the law when he can clearly see it is arbitrary?
>>
>>68344880
>Of course there are drugs that can make you harm other people

Now that is a valid point...and for the record I have never done meth nor do I intend to
>>
File: obama-not-bad.jpg (56 KB, 558x500) Image search: [Google]
obama-not-bad.jpg
56 KB, 558x500
>>68340029
FPBP
>>
>>68338207
You ever smoke a joint after waking up with a raging hangover? Anyone who has done that knows this shit has its uses.

Also, an amazing for people with sleep disorders.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.