[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Early 90s recession >OKC Bombings >Kosovo >Yugoslavia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: dank oc.png (13 KB, 819x460) Image search: [Google]
dank oc.png
13 KB, 819x460
>Early 90s recession
>OKC Bombings
>Kosovo
>Yugoslavia Civil Wars
>Poverty in Russia
>Birth of modern SJW movement
>Columbine
>Rwanda Genocide
>Globalism increased rapidly
>Popularity of hiphop boomed

Why do you all romanticise the 90s? They kinda sucked.
>>
File: skip-it.jpg (36 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
skip-it.jpg
36 KB, 500x333
>>68083524
yeah but this thing was totally badass
>>
>>68083524

Because most of /pol/ spent the golden years of their childhood in the 90s.

While it's true it's an inferior decade to the 80s and possibly the 70s, it was the last slice of the old world before social media, loss of innocence, mobile phones, mass surveillance
>>
>>68083524
>100% free speech on the internet
>only middle-upper class whites and asians on the internet
>no pc bullshit in the popular culture
>no fear mongering media narrative pushing making people feel unsafe and afraid of every little thing
>our enemies were an ocean away and not being invited into our homes by treasonous politicans

90s rocked, too bad you weren't born yet.
>>
>>68083823
>before mass surveillance

Haha. No. I was in the hacker scene in the 90s/00s. Not only was the NSA a thing that was spying on everyone, we knew they were there spying on everyone and made a game of messing with the predecessor to their modern data mining AI.
>>
>>68083524
90s sucked until Nirvana came along and said fuck you i dont give a fuck about your stupid world.
>>
>>68083524
>no LA riots
>no OJ acquittal
>no Waco
>>
>>68084294
Add them to the list, it furthermore illustrates my point.
>>
>>68084204
>I was in the hacker scene in the 90s/00s

yeah?
>>
>>68083838
This. ~2007, 2008 you had 2 events leading to the perfect internet storm:

1. Smartphones, letting blacks and women more easily use the internet. Social media flourishes, leddit and tumblr origins

2. 2008 recession, people withdraw from life into this "new" internet frontier. In the process they displace long-term internet users.
>>
Early 90s weren't great but people remember the feeling of the new technology developing. The 90s brought so much wealth and tech, especially in the USA so everybody remembers the wonderment that essentially all came crashing down in 2 years and then again 5 years later even worse.
>>
>>68084237
>posted from my iphone
>>
What about all the cool vidya games???
>>
>>68083524
Partially because of nostalgia. But I'll be the first to admit that it wasn't great, only better than most remember.
>>
>>68084394

Yeah. Nothing like the shit it is today. Hacking meant something. The net was an open and wild place with so much to explore. Very different time. No Eastern European scammers stealing bulk credit card data and running it through fly by night shell companies.
>>
>>68083524
None of this directly affected me so why should I care?
>>
>>68084995
Were you not alive in the 90s?
>>
but cars were soo much better in the 90s, they looked like cars, there were all kinds of variety, none of the crossover bullshit, more automakers, and none of the stupid ethanol bullshit
>>
It kind of sucked.
It was the height of the "divorce is cool" fad. My parents bought into that and spent most of the 90's in a huge custody & child support battle.
>>
>>68083524
>a bunch of shit most of which happened halfway across the world and had no effect on most Americans

90s was a pretty good decade in the US, great economic prosperity due to the tech boom.
>>
>>68084294

jesus christ imagine if /pol/ existed during the LA riots

all of these dumb happening posts don't compare
>>
>>68084890

When did the NSA really start up then?
>>
>>68084204
>spying on everyone
>through landline telephones that people rarely used because they cost 5 dollars a minute for long distance

sure thing.
>>
>>68083524
My parents were still together
>>
The 90's were overrated as fuck. Internet was slow as shit and the movies and music were terrible in the final years. So many nonstop CG shitfests. I don't get why millennial get so nostalgic about them.
>muh nirvana
>muh biggie smalls
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.