[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Surprisingly Articulate Trump Hate Rant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 640x418) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 640x418
/pol/, can you help me pick this apart? I know this has to be wrong. I just want to present a logical counterargument to this.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DhhbOUr6a4H7t0HIFNR3XQKafFLsE2RlKYSyBwXl3o4/mobilebasic?pli=1
>>
>>67967910
http://blog.dilbert.com/post/141090636816/donald-trump-con-man

Tell them to read this. The beginning and title will make them think it's anti-trump, and by the time they realize, it will be too late to stop.
>>
>>67968109
tl;dr facts don't matter, politics isn't about logic or reason, it's all about charisma and emotions, and Trump is way more persuasive.

All politicians are liars anyway.
>>
>>67967910
>McCain not a war hero.
That's Trump's opinion and therefore can't really be countered by another opinion.

>“I love the Muslims. I think they’re great people”. When asked if he would consider having a Muslim in his cabinet or has his running mate, he said “Oh absolutely, no problem with that.” Trump has now said in 2016 that he wants to ban the entry of Muslims into the country with no specification as to when ban would be lifted.
No contradiction by Trump here. He didn't say anything about existing Muslims. Only Muslims coming in from high risk countries.

>hey breed ill will towards America/Americans in the minds of all Muslims and are likely to polarize regular Muslims, making them easier to be influenced into radicalization. Most importantly, this validates ISIS’ mission by providing an example of the hate they claim to be fighting and is therefore counterintuitive to any effort that goes into stopping them, which will only result in more violence with their increased strength and numbers.
This argument amounts to, "Don't offend them or they'll turn into terrorists!" Which, if true, means they are a danger in the first place.

> “My favorite part [of 'Pulp Fiction'] is when Sam has his gun out in the diner and he tells the guy to tell his girlfriend to shut up. Tell that bitch to be cool. Say: 'Bitch be cool.' I love those lines.”
He's liking lines from a movie. That's not a real argument.

>Trump has said that women on The Apprentice need to rely on sex appeal to win.
If you watch The Apprentice, you will see that especially in seasons 1 and 2 the women indeed use sex appeal. And when Trump mentions it, he's criticizing them. Even the woman judge, Carolyn, didn't like the women using sex appeal and said they could do their tasks better. Trump was encouraging the women NOT to use their sex appeal (yes I actually watched these seasons).

More to come...
>>
>>67967910
>>67968572

>implying it was because she was on her period
This was an interpretation that Megyn and other mainsteam media chose to make. Trump never explicitly said anything about periods/menstruation.

>Gender equality is a big issue in today’s society and even if it were not, his view of women is extremely degrading and seriously outdated.
First sentence may be correct but the sentence is wrong because Trump has never explicitly said anything wrong about women. He criticized the behavior of the female The Apprentice contestants and only a select few women. Just as when he criticizes a man, he isn't criticizing all men.

>Trump calls illegal immigrants rapists, murderers, and drug dealers.
Trump was only talking about a select few immigrants who were committing the crimes. He said explicitly they have to come here legally.

>While illegal immigration is a considerable financial burden on the economy and is unfair to those going about the immigration process the right way, an American Community Survey from 2010 shows that only 1.6% of men age 18-39 in the estimated illegal population are incarcerated, compared to the native born rate of 3.3% in the same gender and age range, showing that statistically illegal aliens are less likely than native born Americans to commit crime.
These people are illegal immigrants. The stats are only what the government KNOWS about. Which isn't very much because the law wasn't being properly enforced in the first place. Which is the whole basis of Trump's stance on immigration.

>Even if every incarcerated illegal alien accounted for in the report was guilty of a violent crime (actually they are mostly incarcerated for immigration violations) that would still be little more than one in every one hundred.
We don't tolerate 1/100 citizens being criminals, and we shouldn't tolerate 1/100 immigrants being criminals. This is an appeal to low percentages.

More to come...
>>
>>67967910
>>67968572
>>67968937

>Not only are his generalizations about Mexicans demeaning to the specific aliens (who are still people) that he is mentioning, they reflect negatively on other Mexicans who may be legal immigrants or even native born American citizens. Additionally, just as with his Muslim statements, this creates an extremely negative and incorrect image that will not be resolved in the minds of people who are too lazy to look it up.
He never said anything bad about any particular group of people. It was mainstream media that did the inferring for him. He only mentioned illegal immigrants and Muslims from high risk countries (which just happens to be every majority Muslim country lol). As long as people come to this country LEGALLY there is no problem. But when people just come here without papers and without being screened, that amounts to an invasion.

>Black victim / Black offender
>Trump's number: 97%
>Actual number: 90%
BLM BTFO. Even if the number was wrong, it doesn't take away from the basic fact: Blacks are killing blacks in large numbers and they are doing most of the crimes. AND they're less than 20% of the population.

>If this is not racist I honestly do not know what is. Based on what can only be assumed to be stereotyping and prejudice, certainly not on the easily attainable statistics, Trump predicted that black people are running around the country killing white people on a whim and that white people are relatively innocent of murdering other white people.
The numbers Trump cited don't indicate this. They indicate that the biggest danger to blacks are other blacks. And the biggest danger to everyone are blacks. Look up more FBI crime statistics.

>Side note about gun control.
If the guns are coming from Indiana to Chicago, and from Virginia to DC. What is happening on the way there that the guns suddenly become dangerous? It couldn't POSSIBLY be the amount of blacks in Chicago and DC, right?
>>
>>67968572
>>67968937
>>67969404
>>67967910

>Additionally, 62% of the accounts that Trump has retweeted have ties to white supremacy.
Even if this % was true, as long as he's retweeting the truth (no matter how much it btfo of liberals) it's still the truth.

>The danger in this comes once again in the fact that many of Trump’s supporters are poorly educated and white, afraid of minorities and immigrants “damaging the American culture.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NVVwZVd6ZM
White supremacists come out in full force every election year. Just like black panthers or BLM. Try saying to the author, "Just because Hitler drinks water, does that mean water is bad?"

>Trump has made claims that the unemployment rate is 42%. This is wrong. The actual U3 (the generally accepted measurement for unemployment) rate is 4.9%.
As if any measure of unemployment by the government is actually accurate. Trump was making a proposition, not quoting any particular source.

>Trump claims that the number of refugees that the government is thinking about taking in is 250,000. This is wrong. The actual number is 10,000.
Any number of refugees should be wrong if they are not actually vetted.

>This exaggeration discourages people who were tentatively supporting letting a small number of refugees in from continuing with that support and provides false legitimacy to the claims of people that are against taking the refugees in that the government is being extremely reckless.
We can't even keep track of illegal immigrants from Mexico and liberals want to keep existing illegals in the country. Who the hell wants more people who we can't even vet?
>>
>>67969871
>>67969404
>>67968937
>>67968572

God damn

BTFO
>>
>>67969871

>The refugees approached authorities peacefully seeking asylum. This creates panic and makes it seem as though refugees actually are people who are trying to sneak in illegally and do us harm. This is an attempt to persuade people to oppose taking in refugees and to support the construction or expansion of a wall on the southern border.
These aren't even really arguments anymore. If this person likes the refugees so much, he should house them himself. People SHOULD be critical of allowing refugees (whom they can't vet properly) into the country. Mind you, this is already on top of not being able to keep track of EXISTING illegal immigrants entering or already in the country.

>Trump says that Obama is intentionally sending refugees to Republican led states. While GOP led states do have a greater amount of the refugees, this is because the number of GOP led states is disproportionate to the number of Democratic led states (31:18:1 independent).
This isn't factually wrong on Trump's part.

>This plays into the idea that the Democrats have it out for the Republicans, and implies a degree of hypocrisy that Democrats are calling for them to be let in but are not taking them into Democratic states.
This was the writer's interpretation, not Trump's.
>>
>>67969871
>Trump claims that he was extremely vocal in his opposition to the war in Iraq because he knew it would destabilize the Middle East. When asked by Howard Stern in September of 2002 if he would support an invasion, he actually said, “I guess so.” It was not until 2004 that he quietly opposed the war, and that was due to the financial inefficiency rather than to any concern about Middle Eastern stability or the lives of American troops.
He already wrote about this shit in his book. The writer is choosing to ignore facts at this point.

>Trump has said that he loves guns and the second amendment (weird that he loves the second but wants to violate the first which, morally speaking, is immeasurably more important), and that guns are allowed in his resorts. This is wrong; they are not and never have been. His company has since then changed the policy to appear as though they had been allowed, but they had not been and still are not, regardless of possession of a permit.
Supporting the Second Amendment doesn't mean that a PRIVATE BUSINESS or PRIVATE PERSON has to allow guns onto their property. I may support the Second Amendment, that doesn't mean I'll allow ANYONE ELSE to come into my property armed. I have a conceal carry permit. But if a movie theater told me to leave because they saw my gun, then I will leave. It's their property. What the manager of that theater believes as a private citizen may be different.

>Trump has claimed that the United States has the highest taxes in the world. This is wrong.
The author is right (Trump is wrong about US being the highest taxed). But Trump was saying these things to get a rise out of people and to get people to look shit up. It's a common thing in politics and it doesn't really detract the main point of Trump's campaign.
>>
>>67970119
>Trump attacked a CNN reporter after her report of a half full rally of his, saying she was horrible. This is wrong, and childish.
Author's opinion. Can't really argue for or against it.

>Trump has claimed that 300,000 veterans have died while actively seeking VA assistance. This is wrong. 300,000 on VA lists have died since 1998 (nearly 20 years). Records are unclear as to how many died as a result of negligence, but those evaluating the records assume that the majority had not been seeking VA support when they died, indicating a fraction of the 300,000 to be the responsibility of the VA.
As if anyone would trust the VA with their statistics. This is just like Trump's "97% of blacks kill blacks" argument. The actual number may be wrong but it doesn't take away from the essence of the argument. The point is the VA is fucked and military should be able to get treatment wherever the fuck they want.

>More notably, Trump has not proposed a plan to fix the situation.
The plan is to abolish the VA and let vets go wherever they want.

>Though he claims to be pro military, his statements about McCain and other POWs, his statements about women in the military, his disregard of American military lives in the Iraq war, and his request that disabled vets that work as vendors be removed from the street in front of Trump tower so they wouldn’t detract from the splendor of his building indicate otherwise.
Nice try by the author but no: https://youtu.be/NyrkdTNWku8?t=43m

>One thing that appeals to people who are disillusioned with the American political process is that Trump claims to be 100% self-funding his campaign. This is wrong. A considerable amount of his campaign money has come through dontations, with another portion being composed of money his company loaned the campaign and can be reimbursed for at any point.
What's he gonna do? Turn away $55 given by an old lady? Trump has already addressed this in numerous rally speeches last year.
>>
File: weisselberg.jpg (75 KB, 920x611) Image search: [Google]
weisselberg.jpg
75 KB, 920x611
>>67970119

>Additionally, he charged his campaign $144,000 rent to use a Trump building
No shit. It's his fucking building. He has to shuffle money around and pay staff and pay his COMPANY because that's the LEGAL thing to do. He's following all campaign laws to the letter. You think he doesn't have an army of lawyers in NEW YORK making sure everything is as clean as a whistle?

Pic related. It's his lawyer on the left.
Allen Weisselberg. It doesn't get any more lawyerly than that.
>>
McCain, as rumour goes, had a child during his captivity and most likely divulged intelligence throughout that would have placed his Comrades in danger. He also got himself shot down by AA flak due to flying too low away from his squad, not a SAM. Also, his arms were broken from ejecting from his craft, not torture.
No sources, but this is my understanding on McCain.

>big if
Trump has acted selflessly, for example he once stopped a mugging in progress when he noticed it during a limo drive. He has also used his jet to ferry a sick child too across the states iirc. Being selfless isn't uncommon with anyone to be honest, except sociopaths, so I don't know where people get off saying that Donald Trump is a heartless bastard. Probably something to do with him having green paper.

>Muslims
You can like Muslim and not mind them be a part of your staff, and still say that Muslim immigration has to be temporarily halted . The reason why he wanted to halt the immigration wasn't because the Don hates Muslims, but rather because Muslims were and are using immigration as a way of infiltration to commit terror acts.

>Closing Mosques
Yes, those that have Imams trying to recruit for the USA's enemies.

>Women
Women have and will always have ulterior motives, this is just obvious. Biologically men want offspring and women want security. What is wrong with saying that women, especially those that try to flirt with Trump, are gold diggers? Love at first sight stories are just that.

Can't be arsed to go through the rest.
>>
>>67971060

>Trump claims that it was his criticism of Ford that caused them to move a factory from Mexico to Ohio. This is wrong.
Author's right here. But Trump wasn't really pressing this point as if it was fact. It's normal campaign stump speak for "pay attention to this"

>Trump believes that vaccines cause autism. This is wrong
LOL Author scores one.

>Trump claims that ISIS has built a hotel in Iraq. This is wrong. The terrorist group actually took over an ex 5 star hotel in Iraq and is currently using it to house officers and to conduct special ceremonies. This is just another example of how he has no regard for truth.
Author is now grasping at straws and nitpicking the details. This doesn't change the basic idea of what Trump was talking about, which was ISIS on the rise.

>In November 2015, Trump claimed that the government had just started bombing ISIS oil fields two days prior. This is wrong
Institute for the Study of War gets it right before mainstream media does. It's the author's fault for depending on mainstream media for all his news.

> Trump has not made any foreign policy proposals of consequence.
Author is right. But doesn't negate Trump's qualifications. If we had to vote for people with presidential experience, we would only be able to choose from ex-presidents. No amount of experience prepares you for being President.

>Trump claims that he knows Putin and they understand each other because they appeared on the same episode of 60 minutes. This is wrong. They were not even on the same continent and have never met.
Actually, Trump and Putin were in the same taping with Charlie Rose.

Last paragraph is the author summing it up. It seems like reasoned arguments, except his sources are all MAINSTREAM MEDIA. Which really doesn't say much. I actually watch the stump speeches of candidates. And I also pay attention to Institute for the Study of War and Cypher Brief.
>>
>>67971424
>Can't be arsed to go through the rest.
My autism kicked in and I decided it would be a good mental exercise to check the author's points as much as I could. It's what he (author) gets for sucking mainstream media cock
>>
>>67971651
Fucking savage.

I was about to go to sleep, but I read all your posts before I did so. Since no one else posted anything, I will.

10/10 job anon. I'll go to sleep slightly happier. Cheers
>>
File: 1457993478998.jpg (25 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1457993478998.jpg
25 KB, 600x600
>>67971651
Excellent fucking job anon, your skills in dissecting arguments is truly respectable.
>>
>>67968572
>>67972809
I agree, this was an excellent read. 10/10 well done.
>>
>>67968572
GJ
>>
>>67973202
WTF
very unique photo.
lmfao
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.