[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't conservatives pro-environment?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: yosemite.jpg (830 KB, 3456x2304) Image search: [Google]
yosemite.jpg
830 KB, 3456x2304
The whole ideology is based around societal health and preservation.

>We need a strong military to keep ourselves safe from other countries

>We need to limit immigration because it threatens our societal stability

>We need nuclear families because they will raise a healthy and successful next generation

"The world is going to be uninhabitable in 200 years"
>lol fuck off liberal wacko who gives a shit lmao
>>
>>67856858
>Implying the leftist green movement is actually beneficial to the environment.
Please find the nearest lumber mill to you and go down and ask how the regulations are helping.
>>
>>67856858
>be conservative
I AM pro-environment. Teddy Roosevelt created the national park system. I love the outdoors. I respect nature. I treasure our natural resources. I respect life. I respect the creature that dies so that I might eat. I leave a forest better than when I arrived in it.

I DO, however believe we have dominion over nature.

I DO believe that some beautiful wildernesses (like in Northern Alaska) can be fenced-off, and used for their natural resources.

None of the things you greentexted make sense in this context.
>>
We are naturally pro-environment dumbshit - CONSERVEative - we conserve things, including resources

Including Natural Beauty

Government isn't good for anything - now fuck off
>>
>>67856858
The real question you should be asking is why neither side is actually pro environment. The answer might shock you.
>>
>>67856858
because environmentalists are anti-human.
>>
File: lodgepolepine.jpg (106 KB, 241x400) Image search: [Google]
lodgepolepine.jpg
106 KB, 241x400
>>67856970
>Implying lumber mills aren't beneficial to the environment.
>>
>>67858578
>implying that humanity in its current state could survive without the environment
Also ecosystems across the world provide trillions of dollars worth of services to various stakeholders for no cost. Fuck up the environment too much and the economy will suffer. Not that a Canadian would understand this.
>>
To be contrarian. It's how they deal with the information age, and they've painted themselves completely into a corner and it's absolutely ridiculous.

They started out having nuanced positions, the left would have some idea about conservation, and they'd have issue with some part of the logistics, and their base is too fucking stupid for explanations that last beyond a few words, so a reasonable auditing of a proposal instead turned to vague ideology. This was greatly encouraged by industry lobbies who managed to manipulate the entire right into endorsing them seeking to escape the consequences of their actions when their industries harm the environment.

It did not used to be like this.

But everybody is getting dumber and more corrupt as the echo chambers of the information age saturate people in propaganda 24/7, spurned on by industry shills, while those willing to engage in earnest discourse become balkanized and unable to mount any meaningful opposition against the never ending deluge of lies and rhetoric..
>>
>>67856858
Because the moment we give an incd on ANYTHING, the libtards will make it a capital offense to splatter bugs on your windshield.
>>
>>67859454
inch*
>>
>>67859351

so you're saying the problem isn't "the right" but rather wealthy manipulators trying to influence public opinion

it's why we don't rely more on nuclear power
>>
>>67856858
We are you idiot we actually do more for conservation than the left does.

Those penniless hippies who say they are environmentalists are completely useless. Conservation projects cant run on protests, weed, and tofu.

The largest and most effectual conservation groups and projects are funded primarily by conservatives.

The left spends all its time shitting itself over emissions and doing nothing while rest of the world dumps plastics and chemicals into the sea.
>>
>>67857336
This, stay out of all my great national parks in the valley including the one pictured, fag ass OP
>>
>>67858658
In the US and Canada they now plant more trees they they harvest so yeah they are.
>>
Most of us are pro-environment. Most of the faggot hippies have no clue that our hunting licenses put lots of money towards preserving public land and game and poaching enforcement. While you guys moan and bitch we're actually keeping these habitats viable.

When you grow up come hunting with us.
>>
>>67856858
I'm a strong believer in pest control
>>
>>67856858
because there's no evidence that man made climate change would be catastrophic to humans and if we actually could heat the earth a few degrees it would free up more tundra for farming land

you're a literal retard if you live in the desert and you deserve to die anyways
>>
>>67856858
Only the stormfags, neo-cons and traditionalists are against moving forward. We as a society need to move forward and away from the liberal cancers of the past.
>>
File: image.gif (111 KB, 500x736) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
111 KB, 500x736
>>67860281
Good goyim :^)
>>
>>67860281
Climate change is going to force millions of Africans into Europe by the end of this century by destroying farmland and other natural resources. Soon you won't be just a cuck for industry but an actual one as well.
>>
>>67858658
Humans have analrekt the environment to the point where us efficiently controlling it is better that keeping it on life support.

So yes, lumber mills are good.
>>
File: pile-of-money-640x330.jpg (114 KB, 640x330) Image search: [Google]
pile-of-money-640x330.jpg
114 KB, 640x330
>>
>>67856858
Some of them are. UKIP was with the whole "save our countryside" campaign.
>>
File: 1457526436569.jpg (152 KB, 415x522) Image search: [Google]
1457526436569.jpg
152 KB, 415x522
>>67856858
Environmentalism and Green policy is not relegated to the left... It is, however, not a priority of North American conservative parties who see it as a restriction on industry. >>67856858
>>
Environment is GREAT

Fucking up business when it's critical to maintaining the world is NOT GREAT

Do NOT touch my national, state, or local parks, but use everything else you want so long as you don't rape the land around your operation.
>>
>>67862638
That's not how ecosystems work though.
>>
>>67856858
^this
>conservative for BernOut 2016
>>
>>67856858
>The world is going to be uninhabitable in 200 years
Is it though?
>>
>>67856858

Honestly this is part of the reason the GOP is mid collapse.

Paleoconservatives tend to be conservationists. The old Republican Party, up til the days of Teddy Roosevelt, were conservationists, which is why there are so many national parks.
>>
>>67856858
Because they are not capable of holistic thinking or understanding the concept of an ecosystem.

Shit, they don't even understand basic biology for the most part.
>>
Conservatives are largely in favor of government deregulation, which ultimately allows for businesses to get away with whatever they can to maximize profits while minimizing upkeep. It makes sense on one hand; greed is good. But the ironic part is that the Earth itself will be fucking fine...it's not about saving the trees or cuddly animals. Hey, if you want to live like China is currently living...smog emergencies, face masks and the like...then let's explore that grim future, I guess...

If Trump, Paul Ryan and others had the reigns, major corporations would contaminate to the point of destruction and move on, with no mercy for the affected. Fracking, pipelines, and so forth...find 'em fuck 'em and flee would be the motto. Hey, if you want that, fine. See what happens when you're 77 with a broken hip, not able to work, and in need of a prescription medication that's not covered...someone younger will stare you down and say pull the plug...the earth itself will be fine, and will always be fine until the sun swallows it. You on the other hand, are fucked...
>>
>why aren't conservatives pro-evironment

Well, look at what the "true conservatives" have managed to conserve.

Nothing. They're the most impotent assholes around.

Neo-cons and the regular republicans need to die off. Some form of alt-right is the future of conservatism.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.