[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have recently converted to Christianity. I do need some advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
I have recently converted to Christianity. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's laws and how to follow them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age would be a fair price for her?

3. I know I'm allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of Menstrual uncleanliness - Leviticus 15:19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the alter as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Leviticus 1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
>>
5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of my feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination, Leviticus 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abominations?

7. Leviticus 21:20 clearly states that I may not approach the alter of God if I have a defect in my sight. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Leviticus 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Leviticus 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. he violates Leviticus 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of threads (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Leviticus 24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Leviticus 20:14).

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I'm confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
>>
How about you start with understanding that the stuff Jesus said trumps the old jew stuff.
>>
>>67506223
lol
>>
>>67506223
>I have recently converted to Christianity
lol get rekt dude
>>
File: 1382787532106.jpg (44 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1382787532106.jpg
44 KB, 413x395
>>67506223
>>67506260
>recently converted to 'Christianity'
>cites the old testament
>>
>>67506223
I think this is stolen from Alan Dershowitz.

Not surprised a Harvard Jew would mock Christianity.
>>
>Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
You can it's just that you wouldn't want to because Canadians are worthless cucks

>In this day and age would be a fair price for her?
Age, race, weight, etc.?

>The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
You can't have contact if you know they are bleeding

>They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
Yes, unless they repent
>>
>>67506223
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r2m_cffRjI

/r/atheism huh? they probably want you to go back there and stay ther.e
>>
>>67506339
How about you start understanding that in Matthew 5:17 Jesus specifically says that he has not come to change the old testament you transtrending numale piece of shit?
>>
>all Old Testament verses

seems like you've converted to Judaism
>>
File: 1445719223696.jpg (16 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
1445719223696.jpg
16 KB, 447x444
>>67506223
>shilling with old testament quotes

slow day on reddit?
>>
File: retarded faggot.png (7 KB, 554x215) Image search: [Google]
retarded faggot.png
7 KB, 554x215
>>67506223
nation means race, you can't enslave your own race.
>>
>>67506223
>>67506260
there's a reason it's called the old testament you retard
>>
>>67506260
>Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?
God will handle him

>I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abominations?
Gay sex is worse than shellfish

>Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?
20/20 is required

>How should they die?
It doesn't matter how they die since they are going to Hell anyway

>but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
No

>Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws?
That would be okay
>>
>>67506833
The Old Testament as we know it wasn't a thing back then. Only the Hebrew Bible, that was a thing back then, but from what I know, he didn't mention much from it...
>>
File: 1383278381725.jpg (55 KB, 555x346) Image search: [Google]
1383278381725.jpg
55 KB, 555x346
I actually smiled at a couple lines, very clever.

You must be very low in your spiritual development to treat this as anything other than satire. The old testament is extremely important to a Christian, and understanding it correctly is key to understanding God. However its explained very clearly that some of these arbitrary rules and procedures for Jews back then no longer apply; including sacrifice, procedures on grooming etc.

But hey OP, you werent looking to understand the faith, only post your dumb shit stupid joke, right.
>>
>>67506223
>God's laws and how to follow them.

K. You ready? Believe in Jesus Christ the Son and God the father.

Ta-da - that's your ticket into heaven.
>>
>>67506833
>How about you start understanding that in Matthew 5:17 Jesus specifically says that he has not come to change the old testament you transtrending numale piece of shit?

And yet, he did. So.
>>
>>67506223
1. Your friend is lying, Canadians make good slaves
2. You can probably get a goat, two if she's good-looking
3. Women on their period are unreasonable, avoidance should be obvious
4. You should slaughter the gentiles you call your "neighbours" immediately
5. Kill him yourself, the police arrested me for stoning a prostitute a few months back - they're useless
7. Glasses don't count but God Almighty accepts Contact Lenses
8. Blow horns around their houses and slaughter them when the walls fall down
9. Yes, as a side-note even synthetic footballs are unclean
10. No, the slaughter of blasphemers is a public event
>>
>>67506833

Goodness, you really struggle with this stuff. Trolling? I hope so, because any person who misunderstands this has a serious reading comprehension problem.

Jesus does not abolish the law of the prophets, nor repudiate them. He fulfills their purpose, and by doing so binds humanity to a new covenant which asserts that the path to heaven is through belief, not action. It's why Christians don't follow the laws of the prophets, or have their customers.

It's also why TDog AquaNigger says that any person who forces Old Testament laws on anyone, as if they were binding through Christ, is committing a mortal sin.

Take literally an hour and read what actual Christians say and believe.
>>
>>67507650
fuck off nigger, you need to get crusaded again, it's strictly forbidden to enslave your own ethnicity.
>>
>>67507987
I'm not Asian so it's good
>>
File: stinnocentofalaska.jpg (49 KB, 393x550) Image search: [Google]
stinnocentofalaska.jpg
49 KB, 393x550
>>67506223

OP the OT law was fulfilled by Christ, read the NT. Anyone who throws Matthew 5:17 at you is a crypto-jew and doesn't know what that verse means.

Matthew 22:36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” 37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

"For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do: by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and to deal with sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, so that the just requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. Romans 8:3-4

For Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes. Romans 10:4

and you show that you are a letter of Christ, prepared by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. 2Co 3:3

who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory. 2Co 3:6-9

Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. Galations 6:2

In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away. Hebrews 8:13
>>
Old Testament--That's Judaism. The first 5 books are the Jewish Torah. This would be the word of god handed down through Moses. The Old Testament is before Christianity.

Christians keep the old Testament (The Torah plus the other books written before Christ) as a reference, BUT....Christians FOLLOW the new testament (those books written after Christ). The new testament supersedes and changes much of the old testament teachings.

Old testament: eye for an eye
New testament: turn the other cheek

Even fundie christians consider that while the old testament may be the original word of god (handed down through men) and applicable for the times, it got superseded. The old testament is before Christ and isn't applicable -after- Christ. So important was this concept, that we have our year dating system based upon it...B.C. (Before Christ and after Christ). ---- everything changes when Jesus shows up.

Christians consider that only the new testament is the word of Christ..(handed down through god's only son),..and that Christians follow CHRIST'S teachings.

I never had a pastor fully explain to me why god changed so much from the Torah over time to the New Testament. Except one who said, "the old testament is how god had to work with the jews."
>>
>>67506833
God created a bond with Abraham and the Jewish people.
God would give them the land of Israel and make them rich and the Israelites would have to follow all the laws of the old testament.
With the death of Jesus this bond was ended and a new one with all of humanity was created
We are supposed to love god and all of humanity and follow the law Jesus gave to us during the Sermon on the Mount.

In Matthew 20.16 Jesus says
>So the last will be first, and the first will be last.
So don't make yourself a tyrant and put others beneath you. Uplift them and you will gain a treasure in eternity.
>>
File: straphaelofbrooklyn.jpg (287 KB, 425x600) Image search: [Google]
straphaelofbrooklyn.jpg
287 KB, 425x600
>>67506833
>I have come not to abolish but to fulfill
>to fulfill

He says, “Heaven and earth will pass away, but not an iota, not a dot will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.” All is accomplished when He is crucified. That’s when all is accomplished. In the theological Gospel of St. John, the last word of Jesus from the Cross is one Greek word, Tetelestai, which means, “It is accomplished.” In Latin, it’s two words: “Consummatum est.” It’s usually translated in English as, “It is finished,” so most people think He’s going to die, especially because it says, “He cried out, ‘It is finished,’ and He gave over His spirit.” But it doesn’t mean that He’s going to die. That word means it’s fulfilled. It’s accomplished. It’s perfected. There’s nothing more that God can say, there’s nothing more that God can show, there’s nothing more that God can do. In the death of Jesus of Nazareth, the Messiah, the Son of God, the Lamb of God, God has done his final act. That’s it. It’s fulfilled. Nothing can surpass it. So, not one word of the Law passes away until it’s accomplished, but when He’s crucified, it’s all accomplished. Therefore, all the word is fulfilled in Him.
So when we ask the question: What does it mean that Jesus died for us? Simply put, it means that he revealed the truth, he did the truth, the truth is love. He fulfills it completely, therefore the law is now kept. Therefore God has no case against us, because he can’t have a case against us if the law is not broken, and he didn’t break it! And therefore he voluntarily enters into the realm of sin, curse, and death in order to obliterate it, to wipe it out once and for all forever.
>>
>>67506223
>>67506260
Bible is not to be understood. It is filled with contradictions. Simply try to be a better person everyday. If you do this you do better then 98% of the so called "christians"
>>
>>67506223
>Believing Christians follow ancient Jewish laws, customs, and practices.
Not even modern Jews rigidly follow all 613 Commandments. They haven't since the destruction of the Second Temple. Try convincing modern Jews they should be stoning people for adultery, they would laugh at you, OP, for not reading up on Jewish Oral Law. Just read up the strict requirements to persecute someone, ancient rabbis were not supportive involving the practice of capital punishment. The interpretations required to punish the accused with the death sentence were stringent and virtually impossible to enforce.
>>
>>67506223
Christians are not bound by Levitical Law. Read the letters of St. Paul.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.