[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to Croatia this summer and maybe Germany/Poland.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: erich hartmann.jpg (43 KB, 530x600) Image search: [Google]
erich hartmann.jpg
43 KB, 530x600
I'm going to Croatia this summer and maybe Germany/Poland. Can you guys recommend anyplace to go? I know i'm going to beach and Pula arena also will I get beat up in Germany by right wingers who think i'm a refugee or some shit? Reason I bring this up is because I'm half mexican-half croat. Thanks in advance.
>>
As destinations in Croatia I can recommend three cities, depending on your preferences.

Baska (on the island Krk) is a beautiful little village. If you happen to have access to a boat there's a neat deserted island called Prvic right in front of it. The beaches there are pretty nice. If you don't though, there's a trail starting from the naturist campsite that leads to a lot beaches as well. It's really small, so apart from some restaurants the nightlife sucked.

Another nice city is Rovinj, there were a lot of nice beaches as well there. Not as big as Zadar, but there were nonetheless a lot of things to do in the city at night.

The city centre of Zadar is also pretty great but the beaches sucked. Zadar is a real city though, so you won't ever run out of things to do.

As far as activities go, if you can take a bus to the Plitvice national park for a day, you should really go for it. It's really beautiful and there's busses/excursions from most big cities. Depending on how far you are from the park, it might set you back about 100 euros.

Hope I could help!
>>
>>67349122
Wow thanks dude I'll be sure to read up on it, I really appreciate this.
Have a nice day dude!
>>
>>67347758
>I'm half mexican-half croat

You'd probably get beaten up by your own croats.
>>
>>67349364
No problem, have a nice day too!
>>
File: Anchluss.jpg (16 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Anchluss.jpg
16 KB, 300x168
>>67349431
Most Croats are actually pretty accepting of me. I'm the most tanned in family (everyone being white" but I have blue eyes so I look pretty weird.
Also most Croat diaspora here are good friends i don't know how they will react to me there hopefully well. I can speak a bit of Croat though.
>>
>>67349798
Even if your Croat isn't perfect, if you try to speak it in shops and restaurants the locals are very friendly. Also, there's quite a few Italian tourists and those are pretty tanned as well, so I don't think your skin color will surprise them.
>>
>>67347758
if you are going to pula make sure to spend a day on RT. Kamenjak there is this nice little place Called safari bar and the water is so clean my favorite place to spend summer days .
>>
>>67349431
this

hell, i always get shitted on when i don't speak serbian properly
>>
File: sad croatia.png (20 KB, 119x126) Image search: [Google]
sad croatia.png
20 KB, 119x126
>>67350884
Thanks dude. I'll be sure to go, i'm staying in Pula for 3 nights.
>>67351077
I'm also going with my half Croat girlfriend who can speak it perfectly, so I think i'm good.
If not well shit I like Croats a lot I don't want to fight any
>>
>>67347758
Dobrovnik is a must-go. The most beautiful old city I've ever seen.

In Poland, see Kraków, maybe Gdańsk as well. And of Course, Oświęcim :^)
>>
>>67351402
I have Polish family over there so I might go since I'm passing through might go for a bit. I'm thinking the Basillca and the castles can you recommend them?
>>
>>67351236
Why would anyone fight you? We have tons of turists from all over the world and there are only a few drunken incidents in the middle of summer.
>>
>>67351478
You mean Kraków?
The entite old city is full of monuments, the most known one are Wawel castle, St. Mary's Basilica, Sukiennice, Barbican,st. Florian's gate. Most of them are located next to main square, so they're easily accessable. I also recommend visiting the ungerground Sukiennice museum, lot of fun stuff. It's the whole day of sightseeing, really. And maybe also Kazimierz, an old Jewish district, if you had time. It's pretty neat as well.

And remember to take a walk around city walls in Dubrownik. The view is stunning.
>>
>>67351747
My Albanian friend told me when he went he got his ass beat. He's about my color, I think maybe i'm a bit paranoid.
>>
>>67351863
I dont know what happend to your friend, but stuff like that usually doesnt happen.
>>
>>67347758
You won't get beaten up in Germany for the way you look anywhere a tourist goes.
Should rather be careful of the people these 'racists' hate, e.g. of being mugged by Arab gangs or have your shit stolen by Gypsie children. That's what happens to tourists.
>>
Canadian assholes are not welcome here

Stay in ur shithole
>>
>>67351857
Holy shit dude you're making me super excited I honestly can't wait! I really appreciate Polish history so the castles would be cool to see.
>>
>>67351942
My dad always told me about gypsies that tried to scam/steal from him in Germany. I'm already wary of that for sure.
>>67351976
Are you that Serbian diaspora? We are not all cucks over here my Polish friend ;)
>>
>>67351942
This. If any Indian-looking kids or women approach you, quickly walk away from them. Don't give them any money.
>>
>>67347758
highly recommend visiting the plitvice lakes, opatija and the island of pag, all fairly close to pula
>>
>>67347758
Just don't go to Zrće. Try Plitvice or Krka. Stay away from Dubrava
>>
>>67352106
Plitvice is really beautiful I hear. That's one of my places I checkmarked to go
.>>67352138
I thought Zrce was a nice beach?
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 980x301) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 980x301
>>67352011
Check out Burg Hohenzollern if you like castles. Must be one of the most impressive in Europe.
Also the Rhineland apparently has the highest concentration of castles in the world. If you take a cruise down the Rhine they will pop up left and right and sometimes even in the center of the stream.
>>
>>67352011
No problem m8. Ask if you had any more questions.>>67352071
>>
>>67352195
check this place out you won't regret it the camping at the foot of the mountain is one of the most awe-inspiring places in the world imo, nice beach too

http://www.visitopatija.net/en/destinations/medveja
>>
>>67352246
I'm going to arrive by Croatia by plane stay there for maybe 2 weeks, then backpack up to Poland through Germany do you know any good route to take to see lots of the German scenery while getting to Poland?
>>67352251
Are Polish people generally nice?
Can I make random conversation with them?
Are they like other slavic people?
>>
>>67347758
HAVE A BEER AT "MALI MEDVED"

They have some great shit.
>>
>>67352419
Have you been there? From the pictures it looks great but I'm going to Pula and Dubrovnik and staying with family in Varaždin and I'm thinking about how much time I have.
>>
>>67352195
Zrce is a sausage fest with constant police drug raids.

>>67349431
He won't, everybody is tanned during the summer, he won't look much different.
Also Croatians won't attack unless provoked.

>>67351863
Did he do something? There's "a lot" of Albanians in Istria (quite a number of them are criminals, in other places they're 99% bakery owners).
>>
>>67352428
Could go via Munich and Dresden to Wroclaw. On the way you could stop by in Rothenburg, Bamberg, Nürnberg or see things like the Alps, Schloss Neuschwanstein, die Walhalla, die Bastei and much more.
>>
>>67352490
Opatija is like small Vienna on the see, it's pretty nice, also on the way if you're coming to pula 1st. Dubrovnik, Split, Rovinj, Plitvice are your go to places but there are tons more beautiful towns, national parks etc.
>>
>>67352511
Ah thanks dude, this is why I came to ask from locals.
I'm not sure but he went back to Albania and lives there now but we still talk through Instagram and Steam. He was near Ploce he's a crazy guy likes to drink a lot.
>>67352847
I'm think of the first way, I went to Switzerland 2 years ago was the most expensive trip I ever went on really nice alps though very cozy place
>>
>>67352428
>Are Polish people generally nice?
Hm, that depends, but for tourists - rather yes.

>Can I make random conversation with them?
Depends on what kind of conversation do you mean. They's most likely be glad to give advices, but mind that not everybody here is fluent in English.

>Are they like other slavic people?
From my experience, there is virtually no difference between us and other west Slavs like Czechs and Slovaks. South Slavs, from what I've noticed, are generally more extrovert - the mediterranean traits, I guess. Eastern Slavs are generally less civilized in comparison, in terms of manners and general behavior.
>>
>>67352511
Ah thanks dude, this is why I came to ask from locals.
I'm not sure but he went back to Albania and lives there now but we still talk through Instagram and Steam. He was near Ploce he's a crazy guy likes to drink a lot.
>>67352847
I'm thinking of the first way, I went to Switzerland 2 years ago was the most expensive trip I ever went on really nice alps though very cozy place
>>
>>67353140
Yea I know that South Slavs like to pull up the Raika haha. Thanks a lot dude I appreciate it.
>>
>>67353249
Indeed, during my visit at Montenegro, I used to buy fresh fruit at Risan town market everyday. Old lady selling them treated me with a shot of homemade Rakia everytime I visited her, she kept it under the counter. Great people.
>>
>>67352490
>>67352884
croatbro knows
>>
File: Zadar_Forum.jpg (138 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Zadar_Forum.jpg
138 KB, 800x600
>>67347758
Good thing about Croatia is that you're pretty much able to visit everything in span of few hours. Capital Zagreb is few hours drive from every major city. I reckon that's not a problem for you Americans since you're used to commute hours.

Visit the coastline for historical and nature sightseeing. Pula-Zadar-Šibenik-Split-Dubrovnik.

I'm from Zadar. Old town peninsula is a must see, although ancient Roman parts are scarce, it's not like Rome. It's mostly Venetian parts visible like the city gates, fortifications, or Austro-Hungarian parks plus Saint Donatus church and ecclesiastical complex at Forvm. There are Plitvice Lakes National Park nearby, and Lake Vrana nature park, also Nin. You can visit the Roman Asseria near Benkovac as well.

Šibenik + Krka National Park. Split has Diocletian's Palace, and old town Salona. Dubrovnik is of course world famous, with its Old City of Dubrovnik, but unfortunately, I've only been twice, and don't remember much.

Considering events, there is nothing major worthwhile except degenerate techno parties. Minorly you have city fairs, and fiestas which are ok but mainly tourist traps.

Considering beaches, avoid public ones. It's easy to find secluded bays everywhere.

Don't go hiking to Biokovo and Velebit in flip-flops. Thousands of Czechs die every year.

Finding local cuisine, food & wine is easy in places called "konoba". Make sure to drink rakija. But don't go to Biokovo in flip-flops after drinking it.
>>
>>67355529
Thanks based Croat bro.
>>
>>67355529
Continental Croatia is also great with as many things to see as the Adriatic part, however I've never visited it as much as I wanted to. You can.

Btw, if you're into alien landscapes and holocaust winds, visit subVelebit parts such as Pag. This was taken yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrEJOtkHxLc

Bora wind in these places is notorious. Let's say it's more pleasant at poles and Siberia with -40°C than anywhere else with bora at -1°C.
>>
What the hell does this have to do with politics?
To make it related, how is the political situation there?
>>
>>67347758
Zadar, Sibenik, Trogir, Split, Hvar, Korcula, Dubrovnik.
>>
>>67357018
It's shit like it has always been.

Actually, now it's worse than ever because we think we're on our own. At least for the past 1000 years we knew we're being robbed by corrupt foreign politicians.

Today we're being robbed by our own politicians. Where do you get from that? If you try to criticize and point the faults, you're a Nazi-Commie Yugo-Unitarist working against Croatia.

There is a saying here:

>I'll be stomped under a boot, as long as it's Croatian.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.