[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Build a Wall?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: jebguac.jpg (62 KB, 800x540) Image search: [Google]
jebguac.jpg
62 KB, 800x540
Talking to a guy who says Trump's proposed wall is architecturally impossible.

Is he right?

http://www.nationalmemo.com/an-engineer-explains-why-trumps-wall-is-so-implausible/
>>
Bumping my thread.
>>
bumping again
>>
File: 15BOOKMARANISSJP1-superJumbo.jpg (570 KB, 2048x1579) Image search: [Google]
15BOOKMARANISSJP1-superJumbo.jpg
570 KB, 2048x1579
>>67280437
I hate how sneeringly these people come across. You can almost detect the jealousy they have for how easily Trump is able to make the entire world listen to him.

As for the wall, I would understand his complaints about it being unreasonable but one has to look at it from the perspective of, say, the Hoover Dam being built under a government that, even then, was tied up by parasitic lobbyists and corporate special interests. Under a Trump economic policy, we would have so much money, figuratively, we could throw as much as we want at a wall. It's easy stuff, along with the advanced monitoring technology we can employ along the natural barriers, the wall could be cheaper and more effective, take less time to build and last longer than any standard government-run construction job.

These people really will stoop to any level though to stop him.
>>
>impossible
>says 'implausible' right in the url
is OP ever NOT a faggot?
>>
>>67280437
Israel built a wall. It works just fine.
>>
>>67280437
his definition of wall is flawed
>>
he wrong. just a dipshit who thinks everything can be done in a week so it's time to panic and quit when it can't. probably not an engineer but some idiot promoted to be a middle manager like he tries to make trump into just being just a developer

the guy who doesn't understand the total cost of illegals that just stops thinking when he finds what he's looking for in a couple numbers is just as bad
>>
>>67280437
I assume you mean a mexican intellectual told you.
>>
>>67280437
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_West_Bank_barrier
>>
>>67280437
If America could afford to waste trillions of dollars in costly wars to kill kebab why can't it waste several precious trillions to build a wall and reduce illegal immigrants to come to a state, so yeah a wall is possible

If Trump ever needed a blueprint he could just follow the Israeli example and set up Checkpoints like in the Paper's Please game
>>
>>67280437
>contain over three times the amount of concrete used to build the Hoover Dam

When he compares it to that, it seems very easy.
>>
>>67281974
It would cost USD 8-10 billions.
>>
>>67281974
It wouldn't be close to a trillion to make more like around 19 billion.
>>
>>67282542
It's estimated at 10 billion by the media and 8 billion by Trump. Where did you pull that 19 billion dollar figure from. Illegal immigrants cost this country 113 billion each year. No matter how you do the math the wall will save us money over the long term.
>>
>>67280437
See I immediately disregarded the rest when he basically conceded that cinder blocks would work, but that they would be 'outrageously expensive.'
How expensive? Too expensive that the country wouldn't swallow the loss easily by fixing its labor situation and reducing crime?
>>
File: images[1].jpg (8 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
8 KB, 276x183
>>67280437
>guises it's impossible to build a 1,900-mile wall!
>>
File: israel-10-2010-2044.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
israel-10-2010-2044.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>impossible guise
>>
File: dividing_wall_2.jpg (314 KB, 1460x913) Image search: [Google]
dividing_wall_2.jpg
314 KB, 1460x913
>neva been dun befo
>>
>>67280437
i'm a licensed engineer too, though mech not civil

it's absolutely fucking possible both structurally and economically unless he's explicitly stated that it has to be some comically large size
>>
>>67284973
i just realized trump said the mexicans are going to build the wall knowing they would refuse in order to push the overton window beyond if the wall will be built to WHO will build the wall, and in the end the chinese will build it taking away all those potential jobs from mexico.
>>
>>67281455
>the Hoover Dam being built under a government that, even then, was tied up by parasitic lobbyists and corporate special interests.

Not to mention being built with primitive technology and in the middle of the fucking great depression.
>>
>>67280437

The panama canal is impossible, you cant put a man on the moon, women are just as capable as men etcetera...

we heard all this shit before
>>
>>67285206

How many times has he said it just got 10 feet taller?

I feel like a 12 foot wall could be laddered but a 22 foot wall would get the job done.
>>
>>67285216

>i just realized trump said the mexicans are going to build the wall

No. They're paying for it.
>>
File: Build Wall.png (60 KB, 1317x324) Image search: [Google]
Build Wall.png
60 KB, 1317x324
>oy vey dis is impossible goy!
>s-shut it down!
>>
>architecturally impossible

what in the fuck does that even mean?
>>
>>67280437
>impossible
>implausible
>>
>>67280437
>implausible
>impossible

Fuck off shill
>>
>>67280437
is this a thread wherein we seriously entertain the likelyhood that the human race has finally regressed tl a point where we cant build walls anymore? i knew this day would come :'(
>>
>>67280437
China.
>>
File: 1457745931414.png (497 KB, 600x805) Image search: [Google]
1457745931414.png
497 KB, 600x805
>>67286655
Liberals and Jews have gone so far through the looking glass they've started denying the holocaust and arguing that it's impossible for someone to find and transport a few million people from one place to another in just a couple of years.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.