[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of /pol/ think Trump is the real deal vs how many think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1457895151086.jpg (715 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
1457895151086.jpg
715 KB, 1280x850
How many of /pol/ think Trump is the real deal vs how many think he's faking it? He's doing a good job of making the left think we're all retards and he's guaranteed to get more hate than GWB if he wins. He's also alienated a lot of conservatives. If he goes independent we're all doomed.
>>
>>67279176
I want to believe so bad that he's not faking it. I believed it enough to vote for him in the primary, I hope I don't regret it.
>>
If he is faking it, the country will devour him
>>
>>67279176

Real deal.
>Frankly the US is run by the billionaires
>Previously the billionaires buy their president.
>Hint - Romney isn't even in the top 500 wealthiest
>This great American, Trump (a billionaire) recognizes the country is fucked and wants to fix it himself to benefit us all.
>Rather than paying someone to do it for him.

Plus this country is all about business. Why not let a SUCCESSFUL businessman try and run it instead of politicians who are always trying to pad their pockets.
>>
>>67280203
They'll devour him and a generation of conservatives
>>
>>67280203
>>67280747
Or not, because most retards don't pay as much attention to what the president does after he is elected.
>>
>>67280476
>>67280053

I guess it's nice to see /pol/ not so cynical though. You usually just explain why everything is shit.
>>
>>67281117
Look at Bush, the backlash got us Obama. Bush wasn't even trying to piss people off.
>>
>>67279176

What convinced me he wasn't faking it is the fact that you can watch videos of him on YouTube on David Letterman in 1988 saying the exact same things he's saying now, you can watch him on Oprah in 1980 saying the exact same things he's saying now, saying he didn't want to run for president and that he would only do it if the country got so bad that he felt obligated to do something to try and turn it around.

You can argue that he's wrong, that he's dumb, but not that he doesn't believe in exactly what he says, and the way the media distorts it is truly disgusting amd shows that they know this, and are afraid of it, and afraid that he's waking people up. If he were a shill he wouldn't be getting this kind of desperate, flailing opposition from every establishment institution. He says things that you're "not allowed" to say, and in doing so, letting Americans know that the politically correct establishment does not represent majority opinion, they only have the power to make it seem like everyone agrees with them to keep the silent majority silent.

The threat of Donald Trump is that he can convince people to stop allowing their public opinion to be forced into hiding by fear of shame and ostracism, which is what the left and the controlled opposition have tried to do (with a lot of success) for the past fifty years.
>>
>>67279176
I think he's the real deal. He's a moderate masquerading as a conservative which is exactly what we fucking need. Both the Right and the Left have too many stupid ideas, and Trump seems to sit on the best sides of both.
>>
>>67279176
>Brags about being part of the establishment for decades
>Suddenly has a change of heart and political affiliation

Gee OP, you tell me
>>
I think he's somewhat real in the sense that he's been buying politicians forever and is finally ready to tell Americans, "Hey, that's kinda fucked up right? Let's change that."

But I don't think he's "real" in the sense of bringing this country a whole lot closer to where it should be. For one, he's still keen on endless wars for the benefit of oil industry, and he's also gung-ho for total surveillance of the American people. In some ways he'll make things better by eliminating a bit of cronyism in Washington, but on the other hand he'll still be helping out special interest groups that wish to control the country illegally.

So I have some mixed feelings about him but he's 100% better than Hillary.
>>
I'm convinced that him running for president is actually just a huge marketing stunt to promote the Trump brand.
>>
>>67279176
He's the real deal and he's faking it.

Not that either matters when he's shifting the Overton Window back to nationalism.
>>
>>67279176
Considering his enemies, he's the real deal.
>>
>>67282076

He's not a moderate, he's a radical centrist, i. e. combines extreme positions from both sides of the spectrum. Populist nationalists have always done this, the difference is that Trump has chosen the best policies from either side, whereas many other radical centrists chose the worst from each side.

A true moderate is generally a dickless establishmentarian too scared to rock the boat who just wants to quietly maintain the status quo, and doesn't hold any strong beliefs at all, like Kasich or Hillary. They appeal primarily to weak, stupid, and cowardly voters, like "soccer-moms," public-sector union memhers, and low-information retirees.
>>
>>67282719
Yeah that's a great idea for the brand, to have half the country hate you
>>
>>67283897
There is no such thing as bad publicity.
>>
I saw you make this same thread earlier, idiot. You were BTFO there too.
>>
I'm sure his current persona isn't what he actually believes, on a personal level.

Beyond that, haven't a clue.

He certainly isn't as conservative as he claims he is. He is actually fairly moderate, even in his current policies, and certainly if you look at what his policies were just a few years ago, no one in their right mind would call him conservative.

I realize that's probably a bit of a turnoff for some of /pol/, but I think it actually makes him more electable. He can enter the general and tout his previous record of being for abortion, for immigration, for free/government cheapened healthcare, etc, and seem like more of a centrist, presidential candidate. And the best part would be that he has nothing to lose by doing so. None of his current supporters actually seem to care what he says or does (his quote on shooting a man and still winning is probably true), so then taking a more liberal stance will only ensure more votes for him from the moderate democrats and independents, not less from his conservative base.
>>
>>67279176
It was WWE level shit the entire time. A society of fools..
>>
>>67285070
It certainly is a persona, an no man of that mental capacity and profession doesn't know how to keep private thoughts to himself, but I have yet to see signs of anything approaching personal dishonesty.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.