[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me /pol/, how based is Chile? I heard many Germans live
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: Chile.png (14 KB, 1392x904) Image search: [Google]
Chile.png
14 KB, 1392x904
Tell me /pol/, how based is Chile?

I heard many Germans live in the south and they still march with Stechschritt at their military parades on Chile Day, but what is all the fuzz about Pinochet and do they have the same problems the USA and Europe has?

I'm asking because I while live the next 6 months in Chile
>>
>>67271901
My family are Chilean from the south. they even lived in German neighborhoods and went to German schools. You will find a lot of Germans and Italians.

Its pretty based, don't ever go to a poor area. Ever. For any reason. the rich/poor divide is bigger. there are certain neighborhoods where there is literally a dividing line between the poor and rich, i'm sure you've seen images from other places like this.

very nationalist, a leftover from fascist times.

Be prepared to hear weyon, concha su mare, carajo, cachai. a lot.

Overall its one of the more advanced and modern south American countries.
>>
>>67272798
what about Concepcion? I will live there
>>
>>67272798
How do they feel about blacks?
>>
>>67273017
I'm from concepcion, mainly a students city. Lots of pubs and nightlife.
Any specific question?
>>
I feel bad for Chile.
It must suck having to share a really fucking long border with Argentina.

How do you guys manage to keep the hordes at bay?
>>
>>67273443
You know some fraternities there?
How much of the population does speak German or English?
What products are way cheaper or expensive to products in Europe?
How welcome are the northern chilenos to Germans?
What are some must-sees?
>>
>>67273594
we have a wall
>>
>>67274061
A natural wall ;-;
Now if only we could block off Bolivia and Peru
>>
>>67273921
Are you coming here to study? work? or just vacation?

There's no frat here in chile, you just hang out with people from your uni.
Not a lot, most students will understand at least basic english, but older people won't. Barely no one speaks german, good luck with that.
Dunno about products, but i guess south american countries are in general cheaper compared to european.
Concepcion is already center-south of chile btw; chilean tend to be friendly to tourists, even more sutdents.
Here? the uni of concepcion (pic related), the beaches nearby (lenga, ramuncho, dichato), the pubs zones (plaza peru, barrio argentina).
>>
>>67274757
thanks for the answers but i know that there are fraternities and sororities in Chile

just google burschenschaft or mädchenschaft
>>
>>67275076
oh yeah, but they are not the norm here in chile. if you don't know someone from one you're barely going to hear about them during uni time.
>>
>>67274757
and for your question. I will do an internship at universidad de conception in one of their research centers. so essentially to study
>>
>>67275297
cool, i hope u enjoy our uni
>>
>>67275296
I guess so. But I know some of them really well. Could you tell me more about their rep in Chile and especially their rep beyond the ordinary students?
>>
>>67273921

>How welcome are the northern chilenos to Germans?

It's not that the people are unwelcoming, it's that the places themselves are fucking ugly, and when you go above Santiago it starts getting soulcrushing.
>>
>>67275535
Like i told you, they are barely hear about. If you tell someone you're from a frat they will have a mix of "oh that's cool" and "wtf is that"
>>
File: 1.jpg (521 KB, 3396x1140) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
521 KB, 3396x1140
>>67273594
>How do you guys manage to keep the hordes at bay?

Oh the irony
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.