[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Death Penalty, yay or nay?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 7
File: FG3ACB1HJ6010K4.MEDIUM.jpg (10 KB, 300x391) Image search: [Google]
FG3ACB1HJ6010K4.MEDIUM.jpg
10 KB, 300x391
Given some news I have just had, how does /pol/ feel about the death penalty?
>>
>>57258490
Can I volunteer for it?
>>
>>57258490
If you had to ask you are very late to the party. In this day n'age death penalty is administered in a ways that it looks (...)
>>
>>57258490
It should be reserved for child molesters and people who talk at the theater.
Otherwise I am against it.
>>
Only for murderers
>>
>>57258490
For it. And we should finally stop caring about it being 100% pain free. If you get the death sentence you really did something terrible.
>>
>>57258490

For it, but only for truly horrible crimes, and only if guilt is 100% sure. At that point the world is better off without them.
>>
>>57258490
No
Should be used for human experiments
>>
>>57258490

Nay. Expensive and unethical.
>>
>>57258490
whichever is cheaper
>>
>>57260752

That's a nay then.
>>
look at all you pussies saying it should only be for violent people. thats discrimination. young old man woman black white put them all in the meat grinder even if it was just a misdemeanor
>>
>>57259860
Every murderer? 1st degree only?

There are rather a lot more nays than predicted.
>>
>>57260828

Only if we keep the ridiculous appeal process that we have now. We could cut costs immeasurably by just hanging the fuckers. Or shooting them. The problem remains that we can't ever be completely sure of guilt.
>>
>>57258490
In cases of irrefutable evidence, yes.
It should be enforced in cases of
>child fucking
>kidnapping for sexual assault, slavery,ransom or human trafficking
>first degree murder
>breaking and entering in tandem with assault of the homeowner
>torture
>>
File: fKRu2Cg.jpg (149 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
fKRu2Cg.jpg
149 KB, 900x600
>>57260904
>>
>>57260904

hi there, bootlicker. how's that leather taste?
>>
>>57260904
And if it was you charged with petty theft? Or maybe even intoxication?
>>
>>57258490
Why is nobody freaking out about this rare flag?
>>
>>57258490

Punishment fits the crime as far as I'm concerned.

Someone kills someone? Hang em. It's also financially more responsible.

If someone rapes someone in the bum? They get raped in the bum.
>>
>>57261000
Just curious anon, how might you define irrefutable evidence? I'm not saying you're wrong just investigating your point.
>>
>>57261000

I'm with this anon. I'd probably add animal abuse to the list, but only because I'm a bleeding heart animal lover. Abusing animals is up there with abusing children for me. Something about the innocence factor I guess.
>>
>>57260828

>lifetime imprisonment is cheaper than 6 foot of rope and finding a bridge

time to invest all my money is rope, it's basically diamonds
>>
>>57261059
He never leaves the house, he has nothing to worry about.

IMO an eye for an eye, if they murder somebody without justifiable cause (self defence, standing your ground like in florida) they should be murdered, if they rape somebody they should be raped, if they steal they should have their most prized possession taken away, etc.. Of course, no society at any point in time would allow that.
>>
>>57261120

RARE FLAG
A
R
E

F
L
A
G
>>
>>57261086

Who gives a shit? Flag fags are on par with the dubs checkers on /b/. No one fucking cares.
>>
>>57261116

>X is wrong, therefore we perpetrate X on people who perpetrate X

I'm glad most people aren't as retarded as you.
>>
>>57258490
Death is too easy. Criminals should suffer.
>>
>>57261200

Death row inmates have full-time legal counsel, regular prisoners don't. Take into consideration the average length of a death-row sentence and it's not even close.
>>
>>57261254
>people who care are dumb
>no one fucking cares
I don't know what to believe!!
>>
>>57261320
Canadbro gets it.
Not to mention the costs to us the taxpayers for the never ending appeal process.
>>
>>57258490
YAY
A
Y
>>
>>57261320
accept jail is like home for hardened criminals. it's the furthest thing from suffering for them imaginable.

i'd rather just put them to death and not have to worry about them getting out of jail and committing another crime, or having to pay to feed, clothe and house the nigger for the rest of his life.
>>
>>57261384

lol fair enough. you made me giggle, you little minx. Another appropriate response would have been

>stop caring about what I don't care about
>>
Nay, because it is unconstitutional
>>
>>57261506
stop the fucking appeals after 2 times. if it's a clear cut case with video evidence they should get no appeals. literally just hang them that week and be done with it. also if you're a repeat violent offender you shouldn't get any appeals.

the kike lawyers will never let that happen though.
>>
>>57261506

"accept" and "except" are two different words, anon.
>>
File: 1317449070007.png (46 KB, 163x170) Image search: [Google]
1317449070007.png
46 KB, 163x170
>Literally giving the state the power to kill you
LOL, literal keks tbqh
>>
>>57261641

How so?
>>
>>57258490
yay
Justice = giving all their due
Take a life = Give your life
>>
If the Lord wishes death upon them. Other inmates will do it. Nay to death penalty.
>>
I'm only okay with it for those who are sent to jail without the possibility of getting out. I see no purpose of paying for someone who is going to spend the remainder of his miserable life behind bars. Just administer lethal injection and be done with it. I also believe the evidence on the conviction must be substantial and without a reasonable doubt. The biggest contraversy is executing wrongly convicted inmates.
>>
For disgusting sickos like pedophiles, I suggest torture, human experiments and then public hanging.
>>
File: bittefahrefort.jpg (78 KB, 404x300) Image search: [Google]
bittefahrefort.jpg
78 KB, 404x300
>>57258490
>Given some news I have just had

What was the news?
>>
>>57261320
True.
But I don't like the idea of my taxes being used to keep sub-humans alive.
>>
File: 1448119713621.gif (2 MB, 300x222) Image search: [Google]
1448119713621.gif
2 MB, 300x222
Unethical on the grounds that wrongful convictions can and do happen, and if later evidence acquits a death-row inmate of a crime, you can't exactly un-kill them.

However, I'd be for having it as an optional choice for prisoners who are looking to spend the rest of their life in prison, and are of sound enough mind to give meaningful consent to it. Give 'em an option between spending the rest of their life in a cell or a painless death by injection.
>>
>>57258490
Too expensive, I don't care they raped some dude a billion miles away from me. I'm not using my money to fund his execution
>>
>>57261120
Clear recorded evidence
Kikebook bragging posts (some criminals are that stupid)
Multiple unrelated eye witnesses

For example
>>
>>57258490
Wasteful. Work camps for the state would be better. Fuckers shouldn't cost me tax money.
If they're white, anyway. Don't really care about the niggs.
>>
>>57258490

For truly violent offenders, the death penalty is too easy. Reincarnation just brings the idiots back again, having learned nothing.

Instead, put them to work, forced labor camps. Especially doing something like rebuilding the environment of denuded areas, or cleaning up failed cities like Detroit.

No matter what atrocities they have committed, you can only kill fellow human beings if you have to, to survive. This is a natural law.
>>
>>57261945
You best be trolling.
>>
Every felony should have death penalty to reduce crime rates. Involuntary manslaughter is an exception.
>>
>giving the government the power to kill its own citizens

The ultimate big government kek.
>>
>>57262670
>Giving government power
>What is trial by Jury.

Maybe that is true in Croatia because it is a shitty non-country but not true in America.
>>
>>57261506
>>57262220

I agree, prison is too cushy as it is. Criminals should be forced into hard and dangerous labour.
>>
>>57258490
A requirement in every civilized nation.
There are and there will always be individuals who are completely unfit to live in society, individuals whose atrocities severely harm the group.

Those who are too dangerous or too degenerate to be sent to work camps to instead help the nation should be executed so that they stop costing money and human resources.
A good long rope and a tall, strong supporting structure are enough to kill any person very quickly.
>>
>>57262108

This.
>>
>>57262108
I'm apparently helping remove it.
>>
>>57260739
>implying keeping him in a cell and feeding him every day for 20 years isn't more expensive
>>
>>57262831

And who picks the jury? Oh right, the jewdicial system.

There are zero arguments for death penatly that stand up to scrutiny. Its more expensive than life inprisonment and innocent people have provably been executed, even with the expesive and lenghty appeal process.
>>
>>57258490

Left wing was crazy about abolishing it here.

Maybe they had a reason for that.
>>
>>57258490
Against. Waste of resources. It's more expensive to go through all the legal proceedings for a capital punishment than to imprison someone for life.

Life imprisonment isn't exactly a great alternative. I'd rather have them spend that time trying to either prove their innocence or understand why the act they committed was wrong. Seems kind of pointless to just end their existence without giving any real closure to the situation.

There aren't many good arguments for it that aren't some macho dickbag stroking himself.

>This guy is a monster! He killed someone!
>He should be killed by the state in the most brutal way I can imagine, even though he's no longer a threat to the public!
>I love freedom! Small government!

>hurr durr it's a preventative measure
No it's not. Niggers kill each other in the streets every day, they aren't afraid of death.
>>
>>57261086
He is a brit working there. He made an QA thread a while back and said he might do another as he would soon work on death row prisoners IIRC.
>>
>>57263047
Lawyers and court fees m8
It's cheaper to house them for 20 years

I say a 9mm to the head would be better if there are multiple credible witnesses
>>
>>57258490
Nay. Sup Zambia
>>
File: 1443387806627.jpg (17 KB, 187x204) Image search: [Google]
1443387806627.jpg
17 KB, 187x204
>>57263181
>>
>>57260739
Piss off
Feeding a prisoner and housing and serial child molester for decades with taxpayers hard earned money is unethical.

These are the kinds you give the death penalty:
serial killers
serial child rapists
war criminals
traitors
merkel

eyewitness testimony is not enough evidence to use the death penalty.
>>
>>57263066
If you have a repeating criminal, he should get death by firing squad and buried in a ditch
>>
>>57258490
No death penalty. Exile them to some uninhabited island and they won't be capable of scourging other people's lives ever again.
>>
>>57263956
>Years later, internet users from a new island nation begin shitposting on /pol/
>>
>>57263322
It was demonstrated that court fees and lawyers are more expensive then just housing them for 20 years, so fuck off with that 'MUH TAX DOLLARS' shit.
>>
>>57264088
It'd be pretty impressive to come up with the infrastructure for internet on a frozen wasteland of an uninhabited island without either the necessary natural resources nor likely the knowledge or tools required to do so.

They would deserve to shitpost at that point.
>>
>>57263322
>Child molester in prison for the rest of his life
>Gets raped a lot of the time, is put in segregation for most of his sentence for safety reasons

It's actually more humane to execute them.
>>
>>57263038
Isn't your country extremely rascist towards whites?
>>
File: rapists and pedos in brazil.jpg (36 KB, 550x343) Image search: [Google]
rapists and pedos in brazil.jpg
36 KB, 550x343
>>57264307
Child molesters here in brasil are punished severely, not by the law enforces but by other criminals.

Problem is that are killed in the and when they could suffer a lot more in work camps.
>>
>>57263322
>eyewitness testimony is not enough evidence to use the death penalty.

I'm pretty sure you cannot give someone the death penalty solely on eyewitness testimony; at best, they could get life in prison. The death penalty needs a substantial amount of evidence to warrant it.

Well, now, anyway.
>>
>>57264375
Yeah, i remember looking at a video of a guy killed in prison for fucking a toddler or something. Down in Brazil of all places.
>>
>>57263956
Waste of an island 2bh家
>>
>>57264551
I don't think you understand how worthless some islands in the world actually are. Ice and dirt.
>>
>>57264791
Transport 2 an island is 1k dollarydoos.

A bullet is 5 cents
>>
Only for serial killers and mass rapists, it's clear that nothing will fix them if they kill or rape multiple people.
>>
>>57258490
Howdey neighbor.. and i go for nay.
>>
>>57265147
Hang pedophiles when they commit their first offense though, forgot to mention that.
>>
>>57258490

It should be available if they request it, but it's too expensive otherwise. I don't really care about it being the "easy way out" because they'll be gone.
>>
>>57265035
You're also a murderer. Grats.
>>
>>57258490
R A R E
A
R
E

250 posts total by Zambia
>>
I'm for it but only for the worst criminals, and if we are 100% sure they committed the crime. Frankly I have never heard a convincing argument against the death penalty.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.