[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
America's Past Time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: baseball-pic.jpg (38 KB, 650x431) Image search: [Google]
baseball-pic.jpg
38 KB, 650x431
So Ameribros,

Why aren't you a follower of your country's national past time?
>>
>>67173811

Baseball is, by far, my favorite sport. I love the NFL and the NHL but baseball is my true passion. Part of the reason for that is that I grew up a Yankees fan because my dad was a Yankees fan. Now, before you think that it's easy to like baseball when your team is as successful as the Yankees, let me tell you that the first game I ever went to was Game 6 of the 1977 World Series. Reggie Jackson hit 3 HRs and the Yankees won the World Series, and I was 7 years old, and I thought this was just a normal occurrence.

However, I wouldn't go to another game until 1982. I went to 40 or more games every year in the 1980s beginning with 1982 and the Yankees stunk. And the Yankees stunk worse in the early 1990s when I was still going to 40 or more games a year and paying my own way. But the thing that put baseball in my blood was the knowledge and enthusiasm of other fans at Yankee Stadium. From a very young age, those people taught me how to truly appreciate the art and tempo of baseball. Baseball is very much a thinking man's game, and I was taught why that is by other fans.

I think if you live in an area with a longtime baseball tradition, the people you meet and interact with everyday will likely be very knowledgable about baseball and pass their enthusiasm on to you. And if you don't know what I am talking about, just follow a baseball post season. There you will learn why we love baseball.
>>
>>67175586

Well said. As a Cubs fan I know all too well the pains of an underwhelming season. The game is fantastic and a ballpark has a wonderful feeling of Americana attached to it.
>>
I only follow hockey
>>
File: braves.jpg (120 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
braves.jpg
120 KB, 500x333
>>67173811
Last two years I have been to 20 MLB parks.

Will hit the last 10 this season.

Sadly I am a Braves fan......
>>
>>67173811

As a leaf my blood dictates that I must, first and foremost, be dedicated to hockey. Coming from Vancouver makes that painful since my home team is the one that will never, and I do mean never, win Lord Stanley's cup/punch bowl/vase/flotation device.

That being said I do love to play baseball. I especially love in and out field practice since I can belt that stitched ball to within three feet of any target on the field.

Feels great when I can nail a pop fly and the outfielder doesn't have to move to make the catch.
>>
>>67173811
The most boring sport on Earth, and most of the players are Hispanic.

I'll stick to playing sports, not watching them whilst cramming junk food into my face.
>>
Too slow and boring. Only old people like it.
>>
I do. Does anyone want to join a /pol/ ESPN Fantasy league?
>>
>>67176497
SF Giants AT&T Park at McCovey Cove reigns supreme!
HEIL GIANTS!
>>
>>67176068
As a White Sox fan I wish you good luck this season with a stacked young team, and I would sincerely like you to go fuck yourself.
>>
>>67176497
>Barves
Fuck your team and your faggot chop
Nats 4 lyfe
>>
>>67176568
The first correct answer ITT
>>
I'm from Texas I have no reason to care considering literally no teams here don't suck
>>
>>67176568

I play baseball still. I play softball all year 'round and I play baseball in the summer. I watch baseball every day either in person or on TV from early March through early November. In fact, I am in south Florida right now to see Spring Training games. Baseball is the very opposite of boring. It is captivating and thrilling.
>>
>>67176844
I went to a game there last May.

People said it would be cold so wore a long sleeve shirt.

I knew I was fucked when I started seeing folks in my section wearing parkas.
>>
>>67173811

I am. I played baseball up until I went to Culinary School. Summer travel leagues, baseball camp and everything. At Culinary School they had low ranked teams but between my studies and work I didn't have the time for it. I didn't move very far to go to school and after I graduated I went into the city for work. I hold season tickets to the Yankees but I don't go to watch the game so much as get wasted on the Metro North down to the Bronx and continue to drunk once I get there. Baseball is very negrocentral now. Too many people on both my home teams don't even speak english.
>>
>>67173811

But I am, Rangers fan my entire life
>>
File: 13523562626226.png (254 KB, 1100x873) Image search: [Google]
13523562626226.png
254 KB, 1100x873
>watching sports

the ultimate blue pill
>>
>>67176861

>zombie expos

Fuck your pompous band of overpaid, mismanaged dicklicks.

Let's go O's!
>>
At a hockey game right now. Only old people with nothing better to do watch baseball.
>>
>>67176568
ADHD retard detected
Get that shit checked out and take the buttplug out of your ass while you're at it
>>
>>67177190
>Watching grown men stand around, waiting for another grown man to hit a ball with a stick
>Captivating
Maybe if you only have a double digit IQ
>>
>>67173811
Hosing down niggers? Its off season.
>>
File: 4718305813_679b29280f_b.jpg (398 KB, 819x1024) Image search: [Google]
4718305813_679b29280f_b.jpg
398 KB, 819x1024
>>67177190

>I play softball

So...you're a lesbian?
>>
>>67176497
Bravos may have a sad year waiting for us but we'll see an exciting team heading into Cobb next year. It will all be worth it in the end.

>>67176861
>Montreal Walgreens team
Lol I've got socks older than that shit team. Gnats are a joke.
>>
Baseball is objectively boring to watch. So is football. Hockey is pretty great to watch. Basketball is quite repetitive but still watchable. Divegrass is easily way more exciting than both baseball and football. Rugby has good tempo so does handball.

Why do Americans like a objectively boring sports with low playing time?
>>
>>67178022
>Hockey is pretty great to watch
Of course the flag says it all
>>
>>67177759
Depends is Fredi is still managing or not.

Bad as last year was, they left 10+ wins get away from his crap managing of the bull pen.
>>
>>67178158
I'm litteraly born Euro. Hockey is objectively an exciting sport.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.