[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should be done about student loan debt, if anything at all?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1451440224940.jpg (63 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1451440224940.jpg
63 KB, 400x600
What should be done about student loan debt, if anything at all?

I majored in Econ and paid off my $28k debt a year out of college. My friend majored in Art History and has $140k (we went to the same school). Should he be helped, or is this darwinism?

Pic unrelated, it's a girl /pol/ wouldn't racemix with
>>
pay your tabs
>>
You can partially pay off some debt by working on the wall.
>>
>>67034775

I think loans should be allowed to default 10 years after graduation.

Banks would pick and choose degree programs that actually produce a job if they might lose the money.

Also college as a whole needs an overhaul. The 4 year program needs less focus and we need more 6 month and 2 year.

Kill all financial aid that lets students build up large debts in a degree that is unlikely to produce a job.

Overall we have removed all free market pressure between degrees. Now idiots are getting 50k in debt so they can graduate with a fine arts degree in theater.
>>
>>67035044
Then you would get libshits whining about how the ebil banks wont give them loans

They will whine about everything
>>
>>67034775
>>67035044

I want to add we need to give students more information when they make degree choices. We need publicly posted graduation/hiring reports. Students should stare at the number before they decide to go into debt for that degree.

Honestly kids are stupid by nature and in the end we cant stop them from fucking up by we can try to help.
>>
>>67035146

They can cry until they grow up and not be 50k in debt.

College is overall over inflated in the US.
>>
File: belushi-community.jpg (176 KB, 636x382) Image search: [Google]
belushi-community.jpg
176 KB, 636x382
I think public colleges should be tuition-free. This bs of gov giving handouts and cheap loans to go is what's driving the prices up. Free $, huge demand... the price is just going to keep going up.
>>
>>67034775

Did daddy help you get a job at his firm where your starting salary was $80k+?
>>
>>67035406

If it costs nothing people will take college for no good reason.
>>
>>67035523
My uncle did, I was making $40k though
>>
>>67035406
tuition fee means the government just pays tuition directly to the school

prices will continue to go up
>>
>>67035584
it's pretty expensive now and people go for no good reason. There will always be less supply than there is demand. There will always be admissions.
>>
>>67035612
Goes to show, its not what you do but who you know.

I bet if your friend knew people in the Art world, she wouldnt be 140K in debt. She'd probably be sucking some cock to pay it off instead.
>>
>>67035720

We can drive the price down. It shouldnt be free. Overall many people are going to college who should not right now. That is driving prices up. And I dont even mean they should not I mean they will not get a benefit out of the shit degree they are going to sleep through.
>>
File: hindsight1.jpg (39 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hindsight1.jpg
39 KB, 480x360
>>67034775
>>67035044

If you didn't want to be in debt, you shouldn't have taken out a loan.
>>
>>67035992

Its the kids with no ambitions. The ones who go to college because its high school part 2 but without parental supervision. Go to college to suck on some titties, slob on some dicks, get C-, get a degree, and finally get out of college with a degree that has no value because soemone else actually worked their ass off.
>>
>>67035584
Isn't it like that anyways?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.