[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have no free will.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
Accept it.

You may think you have free will, but you don't. Every action you take is an action subject to your biology and the electrochemical processes firing off in your brain.

You're a computer. A magnificent, extremely complex biochemical computer. But still a computer.

You have no free will, just like the computer we're typing on. You will question this thread by saying "well i can make choices in my life, like the time i chose what to eat".

This is a logical fallacy. You were always going to pick your end result, you simply deluded yourself into thinking otherwise.

You'll call me a shitposter in this thread, because you know i'm right and you're unable to dispute this argument.

And don't get me wrong, this thread's not to complain, but rather give some political perspective. You and everyone else around you will do what they want to do.

They'll never go against their own interests (subconcious, real interests) and anything in your conscious mind telling you otherwise is merely a distraction.

God must be australian, because he's one hell of a shitposter.
>>
>>66821601
http://www.washington.edu/news/2014/11/05/uw-study-shows-direct-brain-interface-between-humans/

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/188883-the-first-human-brain-to-brain-interface-has-been-created-in-the-future-will-we-all-be-linked-telepathically

So don't cry about the dystopian future that is coming, because you all want it deep down. It's merely a product of evolution as we shoot for the stars.
>>
>>66821790
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0006899394908702

Though i suppose this thread is a bit beyond trump memes, right lads?
>>
>>66821601
>Every action you take is an action subject to your biology and the electrochemical processes firing off in your brain.
... so MY biology and MY electrochemical processes aren't actually MINE therefore I never make any choices via free will?
all of MY biology and ekectrochemical processes are actually someone/thing elses?

are you just an idiot splitting hairs not realizing everything inside you and everything you've experienced is a part of you thus helps you make your choices, which are entirely up to you because you have free will?
>>
>>66821964
nah its because of the flag we tend to avoid it like the plague
>>
>>66821790
das raycim
>>
File: 1455251628671.jpg (92 KB, 1105x1500) Image search: [Google]
1455251628671.jpg
92 KB, 1105x1500
>>66821790
We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
>>
>>66821601
Then I'm destined to call you a faggot.
>>
File: 1449711911249.jpg (21 KB, 399x295) Image search: [Google]
1449711911249.jpg
21 KB, 399x295
YOU FOOL YOU OPENED PANDORAS BOX
>>
>>66822250
Wrong.

Your brain operates on a subconcious level. That level is where the true processing occurs, not your conscious level.

>Your daughter is kidnapped by sandniggers
>You can save her but will die in the process
>You consciously make the "choice" to save her because love
>You really made that choice because your subconcious deems offspring to be more valuable and thus manipulates you via chemical release to make you emotional.

When i say you don't have free will, i mean that your subconcious controls things and you cannot influence it whatsoever.

Not that skyman is controlling you, or the jews.
Once you understand how your body works, you take the real "redpill" of sorts, for lack of a better word.

You can stop getting emotionally triggered by this shitty world burning and perhaps start to do something to fix it.

That too, would not be free will of course, since our subconsciousness are making us fix the world for an evolutionary standpoint.
>>
>>66821601
People who deny freewill almost always don't want to be held accountable for their life. So that if they should ever come face to face with God and judgement they can pass it off as their actions were not their own and they should be absolved of any wrong doing. But deep down we all know that's not true. Meet your maker not with the shame of your existence.
>>
>>66821601
The big flaw here OP, the big big flaw is that obviously human computers are able to communicate and influence others. Free will be damned.
>>
>>
>>66822456
Yes, yes you are my friend.

>>66822729
This is a logical fallacy.

I am not advocating for people to absolve themselves of responsibility, i am advocating for people to be aware of how their brains manipulate them and function.

Accept it and you will simply find yourself happier. Your concious will still be a slave to your subconscious, but you'll realize it's for your own good.

Your subconcious brain wants the species to evolve and continue.

>>66822871
We communicate as a species on a conscious level, but at the end of the day the subconscious will make the decision and let you feel like you've made it.

Example:

>Joe tells bob that red candies are poison
>Bob stops eating red candies, thinking because of his conscious free will
>His subconscious really just learned new information and applied it
>Bob is LITERALLY UNABLE to eat the candy, because that would kill him and his brain won't let him do that

And i know your next argument will be suicide, right?

Suicide is actually a means of removing inferior genetics from the pool. Once again, your brain manipulates you into being emotional and terminating yourself, for the greater good.

Emotions only exist on a conscious level and they are there to manipulate you.
>>
The array of external stimuli is so unbelievably vast and hell quantum indeterminacy is a real thing so while you may argue that the nature of free will is poorly understood you're completely off base to conclude that "therefore, predetermination"
>>
>>66823376
See >>66823313

Our brains learn from outside stimuli, but we don't have a choice in if we accept said stimuli.

Our brain will do what it wants with the information and will not allow us to eat the poison candy.

Even in the exception where we do eat the candy, that is because our brain wants us dead.

If i'm wrong, go drink a tub of clorox bleach right now. You're not suicidal, so if you manage to drink a litre of bleach then my argument is wrong.

I have such confidence that you'll tell me to fuck off, you're not drinking the bleach. Because your brain does not want to die.
>>
Quantum world is still deterministic, it's just that in the quantum world determenism can happen in parallel, e.g two particles influence each other and resolve interdependently

OP is right, free will is an illusion we are a system within a system, there is no 'control' to be had. Life lives itself automatically and we just pretend we're in the driving seats, we are all observers.
>>
>>66823988
No it's not.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncertainty_principle
>>
>>66823988
Thankyou.

Once you accept your conscious feelings and emotions are a sandbox for your subconscious you can relax and not get upset by it.

The simplest way to prove this principle is the bleach argument i mentioned here.

>>66823700
A non suicidal person will physically be unable to prove me wrong and drink the bleach, because their subconscious will not let them.

If they were not ruled by their subconcious, they would have the "free will" to do something else and swallow that bleach.

But they cannot.
>>
>>66823700
Your example makes no sense at all. If free will existed I would not drink bleach just because an internet poster told me to.

Break down your argument logically and it's all just a game of begging the question. You construct a scenario where, if we accept your mostly unstated assumptions, you can't be wrong, then construct scenarios to prove it. Shockingly, the brains does control everything when your entire argument is shit like

>Even in the exception where we do eat the candy, that is because our brain wants us dead.

Just sophomoric shit desu familia
>>
I don't give a fuck about your strayan philosophical shenanigans, i just do my stuff and the only thing that limits my choices are the circumstances and my capabilities
>>
>>66824460
I'm not telling you to drink bleach, i don't want you to.

I'm simply highlighting that you are UNABLE to physically drink that bleach.

You cannot prove me wrong, because you cannot drink the bleach, because you have no free will.

You're incapable of breaking free of your brain's iron clad programming.
>>
>>66823313
I know for a fact that you've never even bothered attempting to take reigns on your own thought process. You like almost everyone allow themselves to live on auto-pilot mode. Where you act without much thought, going with your gut feeling, not bothering to look before you leap.

Now you might wonder how one takes control of their own though process or how its even possible. I can tell you its possible, maybe not for everyone. Lesser unevolved people, I don't think will ever be able to grasp the workings of their own mind.

Just as a person can manipulate their physical body through exercise, a person can also manipulate their own mind and thought processes. Do you mental gymnastics? No Do you self reflect on your world views? No. Do you critically analyse how you perceive things? No. Lazy auto pilot mode of living. And I'm sure you'll deny that its impossible to take control of your own mind, but that's rich coming from someone whose never tried. I've tried, and failed and tried again and failed and tried and succeeded.

You say we are a quantum computer. Did you know most people don't fully know how to operate their own computer. While you are living on auto-pilot no free will mentality there are people writing their own algorithms. These are quantum computers have become self aware while you are still trapped in user error. You don't even know how your own brain works, how can you? You've already given up user control and now society dictates how you think and feel.

You didn't bother to workout your mind so now its fat and lazy and you can just sit there and say oh well I was born this way, "its genetics"

You were destined to not be in control, that's the fate you've resigned yourself to.
>>
>>66821601
But that's wrong. Even the electrochemical impulses are just consequences of the Big Bang. Everything that's happening can be traced back to the first things that moved, because that's when everything was set in motion.
>>
>>66821601
OP is a faggot lol
>>
I realized this when I was 8. The only way to have free will is if consciousness is not affected by cause and effect
>>
>>66821601
If free will doesn't exist, and I tend to not deny that, what is the point of conciousness?

If our brains are nothing more than a magnificent elctro chemical computer what the fuck is conciousness. Our brains are networks of neurons firing, but that isn't what my conciousness experiences. I see colors, hear sounds, ect. There is no way to explain why we even have conciousness, it is totally unnecessary.
>>
>>66824663
No duh it would kill us retard.

That's just stupidity. Turn the bleach into juice. Some will drink it some won't.
>>
File: RadicalFreedom.jpg (77 KB, 817x609) Image search: [Google]
RadicalFreedom.jpg
77 KB, 817x609
Arguments about semantics are simultaneously the best and the worst.
>>66822250
Technically, you make a choice. The part of the universe that can be defined as "you" makes a choice, as in performs an action.
>>66823700
>because the brain doesn't want to
It's not even that. It was always going to happen/not happen. Not because the brain decides.
>>
File: 1450746489698.png (227 KB, 640x472) Image search: [Google]
1450746489698.png
227 KB, 640x472
>>
>>66825953
That would give us the opposite of free will. If there is nothing to influence us so we can form ideas we wouldn't be able to make a choice. We wouldn't even be able to think freely.
>>
>>66821601

So are you saying that when you shitpost that you cannot help it?
>>
>>66821601
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness. And may those who defy their fate be granted glory."
>>
File: 1457572184833.png (46 KB, 572x685) Image search: [Google]
1457572184833.png
46 KB, 572x685
>>66821601
you seem like a pretty cool guy to hang with OP, would have a beer with
>>
>>66821601
>If that's true, it's self-invalidating, because your argument for determinism is itself predetermined, and not the result of free, rational thought.
>>
>>66823091

I've always wanted to know are these quotes from a book or something?
>>
>>66824663
i drank bleach trying to kill myself why was i able to?
>>
gas the determinists
>>
>>66828173
Burn it all to the ground.
>>
>>66821601

This matters how?
>>
>>66821601

free will is in our inability to see all the strings

it is functional, and that ignorance, along with exigency, = real free will

you are determined to be free
>>
File: 1457305009287.jpg (104 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
1457305009287.jpg
104 KB, 576x1024
>>66821964
>shitpost
>complains that nobody likes his shitpost
good work rabbi
>>
>>66821601

u dum as fuck rofl
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.