[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we discuss how out of control the Gun Lobby has gotten WITHOUT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8
File: 1447255392.png (244 KB, 600x344) Image search: [Google]
1447255392.png
244 KB, 600x344
Can we discuss how out of control the Gun Lobby has gotten WITHOUT resorting to memes?
Can we all agree that raising children in America is now a huge gamble unless you homeschool them?
How did it get THIS out of control?
Or did Social Media just bring this issue out of the shadows?
I'm willingly never going to have a child, aren't (YOU) afraid for YOUR children too?
>>
>>66781853
Bring the statistics and try to prove that automobile and prescription drugs lobby are not out of control.
>>
>>66781853
Without guns, the people are subjected to those that do have guns.

Even if guns do not stop criminal actions by intervention, it limits it.

A criminal that would run in the middle of a street shooting at everyone will now have to find cover due to returning fire, which saves hundreds of lives.

Americans do not know what it is like to be scared to kill a criminal, due to the repercussions that killing him will have for you and your helpless unarmed family.

Just a few days ago, a guy that managed to dodge a robery had his store gunned down.
>>
A person does not become possessed by guns and commit evil like runeblades do. Bad people simply do bad things, and I'm all for having armed security in schools.
>>
>>66781853
>Can we discuss how out of control the Gun Lobby has gotten WITHOUT resorting to memes?

What the fuck are you talking about?

You just need to accept that actual Americans care about their 2nd amendment rights, the "lobby" has nothing to do with it.
>>
SHALL
>>
not
>>
>>66785575
BE
>>
File: gun control history.png (269 KB, 780x1578) Image search: [Google]
gun control history.png
269 KB, 780x1578
Feel free to move yourself to some shithole with gun control then instead of trying to restrict my rights, fucking baby.
>>
>>66785597

INFRINGED
>>
The gun lobby opposes things like expanded background checks. They're definitely out of control.
>>
>>66785601
/thread
>>
>>66781853
>I'm willingly never going to have a child
wait until you become 30-35 and don't care as much about money, it's the most painful red-pill you can take
>>
>>66781853
it's just sad that there needs to be a gun lobby to protect the most important amendment in the bill of rights
>>
>>66781853
You realize anti gun lobbyists spend more than the NRA by several times right?
>>
Violence is the lowest its been in 40 years and is getting lower and an accelerating rate. You've never been safer.

Heart disease from your shitty food and lymphoma from shit air quality will kill you well before a gun will.
>>
>>66781853
>Can we discuss how out of control the Gun Lobby has gotten WITHOUT resorting to memes?
The NRA spends a pittance compared to every other lobbying group out there.
>Can we all agree that raising children in America is now a huge gamble unless you homeschool them?
It really isn't. The likelihood of being killed by a gun is statistically insignificant.
>How did it get THIS out of control?
The crime rate has been going down for some time, with no sign of stopping.
>Or did Social Media just bring this issue out of the shadows?
No, the media has made a mountain out of a molehill.
>I'm willingly never going to have a child, aren't (YOU) afraid for YOUR children too?
I have a child and I'd be more afraid of him growing up in a nation that doesn't have an armed citizenry.

I know this is all bait, but I responded for the few gun-grabbers/undecided rolling around.
>>
>>66785888
b-but what about that 0.00125% chance of being shot!
>>
>>66785687
you can't own a gun with felony history already. There are other dumb misdemeanor that can disqualify a person from owning a gun as well. How can background check extend beyond that
>>
>gunfags

kek is there anyone that gets more easily triggered?

>sh-sh-shall not be infringed!!1111!!one!!

it's already infringed in many different ways - something people fail to realize

no right is absolute and without restrictions
>>
>>66781853

I know the gun control lobby is bat shit insane Jewish Communists, backed by several Billionaires.

The 1 Billion a year Gun market can barely keep up if it were not for the fact American has 80 million known gun owners and the NRA being the biggest group in the US.
>>
File: image.jpg (146 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146 KB, 960x960
>>
File: gun control fact.png (1 MB, 2000x2849) Image search: [Google]
gun control fact.png
1 MB, 2000x2849
>>66785687
A FUCKING LEAF
>>
>>66786210
I'm not crying, this is just liquid freedom from my eyes
>>
>>66786007
mental health checks (there are tonnes of holes in the system) and closing loopholes like online sales, private-private sales and gun shows

if you're going to have background checks (which i think everyone agrees to in principle) it makes no sense that only some of the sales will be covered but not all of them
>>
>>66782825
>runeblades
Christ, I haven't played Rifts in years.
>>
>>66786444
>Private sales are a loophole
Okay, Canada.
>>
>>66786444
>online sales, private-private sales and gun shows
> I don't understand the issue at all so I will parrot what I heard on MSNBC.
Good post.
>>
>>66786417
You know how you say that the vast majority of gun murders in the states is niggers shooting niggers? well it's the same thing for the violent crime rate in England

Also if someone walks up to someone and assaults them, even with a knife, that's a far better outcome than if someone had a gun and decided to shoot the place up. Without a gun they're easier to detain and there's less fatalities.
>>
>>66781853

you have zero sense of perspective on this because you've been subjected to a barrage of media hysteria that blows random gun violence totally out of proportion

if you're talking about gambling with a child's life you're better off focusing on America's roads and highways becuase you're hundreds of times more likely to die in a car accident than be killed in a random shooting spree
>>
>Naturally this means that we need to restrict more law-abiding citizens for the sake of muh feelings
>>
>>66786444
there are tons of holes in mental health check because it's a shit system. Mental healthcare is developed to treat mental symptoms, not determining and predicting the "risk" level of individuals. Even then, psychologist have tendency of over-diagnosis
>>
>>66786444
>like online sales, private-private sales and gun shows
If you buy a fun online, it cannot be shipped to your home but must be sent to a licensed dealer who must perform a background check. If you go to a gun show, most of the sellers are licensed dealers. Any time they sell a firearm, they must do a background check.

Only private sellers have the option to not do a background check.

2/3 of your statement is bullshit.
>>
>Can we all agree that raising children in America is now a huge gamble unless you homeschool them?

A huge gamble? Statistically? What do you mean "a huge gamble?"

Anti-gun people think I'm dead, right now. I went to school, and got all the way to the end. I didn't die.
>>
>>66786444
>mental health checks
Fun fact: the mentally ill commit violent crime at a rate far below mentally "healthy" people.

>>66786962
Why is it anitgunners continue to make up problems and then present "solutions" that are minority-report bullshit?
>>
File: 1450132609078.png (509 KB, 470x645) Image search: [Google]
1450132609078.png
509 KB, 470x645
>>66781853
The "out of control gun lobby" is a meme
>>
File: gun violence facts.jpg (169 KB, 385x960) Image search: [Google]
gun violence facts.jpg
169 KB, 385x960
>>66786627
Feel free to try and take them away then syrup nigger

Also most of those nigger shootings are in *surprise surprise* places with strict gun control laws here
>>
>>66781853
Sure.
No.
>How did it get THIS out of control?
It's safer than it has ever been, despite your leftist maymay.
>Or did Social Media just bring this issue out of the shadows?
They invented the issue. It is not even true.
>I'm willingly never going to have a child, aren't (YOU) afraid for YOUR children too?
Only afraid of leftists like you gaining power.
>>
>>66787125
>Fun fact: the mentally ill commit violent crime at a rate far below mentally "healthy" people.

Even if that's true that's not an argument against restricting sales to them. Ever think that perhaps they commit violent crimes and murders at a lower rate directly because of restrictions on sales to them??
>>
File: 1452296521438.jpg (1 MB, 1072x1340) Image search: [Google]
1452296521438.jpg
1 MB, 1072x1340
>>66785687
>opposing things that don't work and restrict liberty is bad
>>
>>66787265
I would never try to take them away I own a gun myself it's basically a necessity considering the trajectory of minorities in countries like Canada and the U.S.

I just think that there's some common sense regulations that can be in place to help prevent retards from getting guns. Canada's got some decent laws on the books and we have a far lower gun murder rate.
>>
>>66787424
>Even if that's true that's not an argument against restricting sales to them.

>I'm ignoring your argument

>Ever think that perhaps they commit violent crimes and murders at a lower rate directly because of restrictions on sales to them??
Ever think that they would just use other weapons because they're crazy?
Naw, I'm sure that people are just less violent because they don't own a gun!
>>
>>66787624
Maplefaggot, every single one of your arguments has been soundly beaten. Just fuck off.
>>
>>66787649
I'd rather they use a knife instead of a rifle if thats what you're trying to say. Mentally ill should be kept away from buying firearms, this is a good example of common sense reform that works :)

You are VERY much less dangerous if you have a knife than a gun, what part of that do you not understand?

>>66787798
by every single one you mean none right? lol
>>
>>66788058
Mentally ill is an ever expanding term, nice smiley face though, you sure BTFO'd me.

>You are VERY much less dangerous if you have a knife than a gun, what part of that do you not understand?
And the mentally ill never would acquire guns illegally would they? They'd be breaking the LAW!

Okay, here's a pop quiz for you: out of all the mass shootings that the media loves to glorify, how many were committed with legally purchased firearms by the perpetrator?
I'll wait.
>>
>>66781853
where's the exhentai edit?
>>
>>66781853
stfu faggot.
>>
Honestly, at this point there is no way to "fix" it. The country was built around the principle of owning arms and it can't just magically be forgotten. There are millions of guns in the US and they won't just dissapear if banned. Bad people will always have access to guns and a ban at this point will just weaken good people.

The complete loss of parental guidance and strong values is the reason white kids turn into complete fucking weirdos. Niggers have the same problem, but they turn into hoodrats. Fix your shit society before you start banning guns.
>>
>>66787472

>most cops in the state are "on the list"

topkek
>>
>>66781853
Home schooling is the only choice for a number of reasons, none of which involve guns. Trump wants to do away with the DoE though, so maybe that won't be an issue for long.
>>
>>66787624
We already have regulations being enforced to prevent the mentally ill from getting guns, it's literally a small statistic of homicides here compared to minorities.

Also fuck off the only thing you cucks have to deal with is asians, I don't want my country to become like Toronto.
>>
>>66788402
There are ways to go around the background check is my whole point. There are holes in any system and they should try to be closed

private-private sales should have to go through a background check form and waiting period like any other gun sale and internet sales should be doing this as well

>but but internet sales DO have to go through it

no, if you ship within your state (not between state-state) it doesn't go through FFL

Mentally ill shouldn't be expanded too far I agree. Only people that are deemed to be dangerous to the public or themselves (i.e. schizo's)
>>
>>66789279
>In 2011, the City of New York and Mayors Against Illegal Guns, an earlier incarnation of Everytown for Gun Safety, conducted an undercover study of private gun sales arranged online. It found that 62 percent of the sellers contacted through Armslist and other websites agreed to continue with a sale even when the undercover buyers explicitly told them they probably couldn’t pass a background check.

>Yes. One particularly gruesome example occurred this past August in Houston, Texas. David Ray Conley, a domestic abuser who was prohibited from owning a firearm, arranged to purchase a 9mm handgun over the Internet in a private sale. He used it to murder his former domestic partner, her boyfriend, and her six children, all at once.

^^^^^Clear example of how improving common sense regulations for online sales, as an example, could have prevented a gruesome outcome
>>
>>66789279
Private-private sales are not holes, and even if there was a law it would be complete unenforceable.
>durr people would never break the law!

>Only people that are deemed to be dangerous to the public or themselves
Which we have already. As part of the 1994 Brady Bill.

Would you kindly fuck off now?
>>
>>66781853

How exactly is the gun lobby out of control?

Other than the fact that we're winning, I mean.

Are you triggered faggot?
>>
>>66789564
No, not until I prove my point that there are clear holes in the background checks and they should be universally applied, even to private sales to prevent criminals niggers, and crazy people from getting guns.

>Which we have already. As part of the 1994 Brady Bill.

I know that that was my whole point. It only works if background checks are universally applied though.
>>
>>66789975
Do you not understand "unenforceable"?
Do you see this >>66787472 image?
Do you not understand that this law based on "muh feelins" will stop exactly nothing likevevery other shitty law that has been passed?

Facts:
Violent crime and crime in general has been DROPPING since 1994, despite firearm laws in many state becoming less strict
This trend continues DESPITE more people being classified as "mentally ill" and on medicine
This trend continues DESPITE online sales booming
This trend continues DESPITE your assertions that the system has failed and needs to be changed to restrict more liberties.

What you are suggesting does nothing more than make someone who wants to buy or sell a firearm without government intervention a criminal.

Now kindly fuck off.
>>
>>66788058
mentally ill is extremely broad. It's unrealistic to try to predict whether an individual will commit a crime based mental illness. An extremely huge majority of them won't commit any gun crime. Even worse, people try to create law with "history of mental illness".

And guess what? law enforcements and soldiers are more likely than average to have "mental illness" or a history of it due to their line of work. Yet, gun control fags insist that they are the only ones who can carry guns.
>>
>muh lobby

Fuck off and rot in hell you fucking grabbers. Suddenly when it's about actual lobbies of nutjobs such as fags and trans, it becomes awesome into your eyes. Fucking cancer.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.