[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got a Question for you. Do you answer the door if you aren't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
Got a Question for you.

Do you answer the door if you aren't expecting anyone?

Is there a societal obligation to answer the door when someone knocks? Or am I morally free to continue doing whatever I was doing as if they aren't even there?

I ask because I work from home now and was SHOCKED to find out how many people come ringing my doorbell throughout the week.

I mean what the hell do these people want? It's the middle of the day. they shouldn't expect me to be here in the first place.

anyway. what do you do pol? answer or ignore?
>>
>>66538957
I answer, but why should it be a problem? how many people came knocking that week?
>>
>>66539103

on average maybe 3. last week was 5 though.

I guess its because they are normally people that want something from you. and instead of standing there listening to them tell you why you should give 20 dollars to this or that, or some political BS or why you should be a mormon, or some other crazy shit I would rather just ignore them and not get into some weird situation where i have to reject them.

you can tell by the look in their eyes most of them don't even want to be there. getting rejected all day. so i save them the hassle.

I have come to the conclusion that I simply will not answer the door anymore if i am not expecting anyone unless I hear "POLICE SEARCH WARRANT!!!"

anyone else agree?
>>
>>66539427
3 - 5 times a week isn't much desu senpai
They are taking like 2 minutes out of your day for cancer or something, I wouldn't call it rude to not answer though, since as you said, there is no reason to expect people to be at home in these hours.
>>
>>66538957

This is actually a debate in my family. The wife's people apparently believe it's rude not to answer the door, and impolite to not sit there and let the person who knocked try to sell you whatever. My people don't give any fucks about answering the door, and feel free to just say, "no, thanks" and shut the door on someone if we do answer it.

So far, I'm still giving no fucks. I'll answer it if I feel like it, which is rarely.
>>
>>66539568

Why are people knocking your doors in Israel?

>>66540143

Yeah that's my dilemma. I feel kinda bad for not answering the door. Like they are outside and somehow "know" i am here and am ignoring them and think that i am "weird" for not answering. idk why i care. i know logically it makes no sense but that is my visceral reaction. Like i have to go hide in my own house or answer the door and listen to some BS.
>>
I answer because there's a good chance it's a friend popping round for a visit, but there's always a chance of it being a romanian scumbag trying to beg money off ya
>>
>>66540379
Collecting money for charities/checking my gas dial/delivering pizza.

That's about it desu.
>>
I look through the eye thing you look through.
Then decide if to open or not
>>
I don't, whenever I do it's some circular or sales shit. Unless I'm expecting a delivery or a visit I won't ever answer.
>>
>>66538957

>never answer the door if a stranger knocks
They are not going to give you a surprise. They want something from you.
>never answer unknown or blocked numbers
Again, there is no benefit to you.
>>
>>66540598

your gas meter isn't outside? supersized you guys even have gas meters. I thought Germany supplied it for free? :O

and if someone is delivering a Pizza of course. But I am saying unexpected here.
>>
>>66541077
It is outside but I have an extra gate.
>>
>>66541229

Of course. We are thinking about getting one of those here in the states. any suggestions?
>>
>2016
>answering the door to strangers
Its like you want to get your dog raped and you murdered
>>
i NEVER answer the door when im not expecting anyone. no one should just come to my house without notice and expect me to have time for their shit. i see it as disrespectful behavior and attempted invasion of my privacy. if youre coming to my house you want something from me not the other way around so the least thing you can do is give me a phone call beforehand so we can make an appointment.
>>
>>66538957

No. I never answer the door because why should I?
>>
File: 14573620908502.jpg (93 KB, 600x426) Image search: [Google]
14573620908502.jpg
93 KB, 600x426
>>66541370
>>
>>66541523
also, what reason would anyone have to come to your house without notice? obviously they want to catch you by surprise and basically force you to take your time for them because they know you would not agree to an appointment if they called. of course friends or family might stop by every now and then, but they certainly have your phone number and can just send you a text message or call you and they will do that if its really important.
>>
Why the fuck would you answer the door if you haven't explicitly schedules a meeting? Unless it's something like a pizza delivery or family-meeting, I don't see why you'd care. They're clearly psychopaths for invading your privacy.
>>
>>66539427
mfw I'm lucky to get once a month

:(
>>
File: Forever-alone-400x400.png (71 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Forever-alone-400x400.png
71 KB, 400x400
>>66542222

Nice Quads

Trust me, you aren't missing out on much.
>>
>>66538957
Fuck no. If someone shows up to your house without you expecting them it's never good. My close friends, family and neighbors know they can just walk in. So if someone knocks, I know they aren't a friend, family or neighbor.
>>
File: 1457302775426.jpg (154 KB, 848x720) Image search: [Google]
1457302775426.jpg
154 KB, 848x720
>>66542377
nice dubs
nice thread
nicd post
>>
>>66541668
>>66541966
>>66541999
>>66542222

holy shit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitting_for_the_cycle
>>
>>66539427
Put a sign in your door saying "No flyers or Solicitors". It could potentially stop some of the people coming to your door.
>>
>>66539427
That's when I activate the mass of thermite perched above my computer tower
>>
>>66538957
No, I ignore if someone is knocking or ringing. On my recent memory, I opened only once, a few years ago. Someone was particularly insisting and I was tired of constant ringing, so I opened. It was a neighbour, she lost her keys or something and her phone lost the charge, so she asked me to call a service that dismantles locks in a case like this. She is a nice lady, brought me cupcakes a few days later.
>>
>>66538957
Really in my mind it is rude to knock on someones door or even call them.
I mean either way they want you to drop everything your doing because they had something so important to communicate and it never really was.
>>
You aren't morally obligated to answer, but sometimes it's something nice like a charity drive or something. To be safe, have a way to see them (peep hole for instance) before answering, have a second door in the way when you open the inner one, and have a loaded firearm at the ready.
>>
Never answer unless it's someone I know.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.