[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should someone who owns a property be able to discriminate to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9
File: 16276995-mmmain.jpg (100 KB, 620x428) Image search: [Google]
16276995-mmmain.jpg
100 KB, 620x428
Should someone who owns a property be able to discriminate to whom he rents said property?

For instance, a condo owner wants to rent his condo for extra income. However, he does not want to rent to blacks or Mexicans because well, you know.

Should he be able to do that?
>>
your property your rules... but get ready for some hate
>>
>>56552948
I agree, but unfortunately, in many areas, you can't discriminate, or at least, you have to try and hide the fact that you're doing so.
>>
>>56552847
It's his property, so yes.
>>
>>56552847
Yes, doo-doo head, its your right to refuse anyone service.
>>
>>56552847
No. You Put a property up for rental, you enter a market. You don't get to choose which parts of the market you like, and which offend your special snowflake status.

That said, only a total retard would turn down a prospective tenant by saying "uh, sorry, you're black - go away", so it's not likely to be an issue.
>>
>>56552847
Yes. Every businessman must have the right to do business with some clients and not with others since it is his product/property he os selling. It works the other way around too, a client has the right to spend his money with whatever service he wishes and he can be picky too since it is his fucking money. In the end though, the businessman that refuses to make a fair business with a client is the one who is losing a client, but he must have the right to make such bad financial decisions.
>>
>>56553565
unless faggots want a cake imo desu senpai
>>
>>56552847
Yes but housing discrimination is illegal.

It's best to put up stringent requirements like a background checks, credit check, and a high as fuck rent in order to deter trash from your household.

I'm a landlord, I know.
>>
>>56553498
B8
>>
>>56553710
Not B8 M8.
>>
>>56553498

Id rather turn down blacks and have someone that always pays their rent

:^)
>>
>>56553498
Lulz?

That copper pipe in yout home? You know, plumbing? Yea that shit just got ripped out and traded at scrapyard for crack.

That house you used to be able to rent? Spraypaint and holes everywhere.

I've seen what happens when you rent to niggers, I make a ton of money rebuilding shit holes for slum lords.

That section ape money too good.
>>
>>56552847

His property, his rules as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>56553802
Well that's good for you. Of course, you may find that there are blacks that pay their rent and whites that don't. Still, since you're a 14 year old posting on the chinz, that won't be an issue for you for a while yet.
>>
You should be able to do whatever you want with and on your personal property.
>>
>>56552847
>SHOULD he be able to do that?

Yes, freedom of association. However, that doesn't mean jack shit anymore and thus it would be illegal.
>>
>>56553909

Go to bed Mohammed.

Dont you have a plane to crash in the morning?
>>
File: 1374208693452.jpg (130 KB, 617x627) Image search: [Google]
1374208693452.jpg
130 KB, 617x627
>>56553909
get a load of this section 8 housing
>>
>>56552847
I think you have to document why you refuse any person/family. It's can't be "just because" or "I don't like their race".

I think it depends on the state, maybe. Some states may make it harder to refuse a landlord from renting to someone because housing is an important thing for someone to have.
>>
>>56552847
i would do a credit check to make sure the potential renter would pay his bill on time

that would most likely block out the blacks
>>
>>56552847

If the property is also their residence? Yes.

If it's just a managed asset? No.
>>
>>56553857
Well, I have serious doubts about your bona fides. But what the hell, let's just pretend you are a landlord who fixes up property destroyed by blacks. What are the typical properties you buy, what prices do you pay, and what's the markup?
>>
>>56553698
What if a decent white guy, with a good job and a family, offers just a little bit less than the asking price? Is there a mutual understanding that the asking price is artifically high only to repel "the unwanted element", who naturally would be rejected if offered a lower price?
>>
>>56553498
So can I force you to spend your money with my services/product? Money is a trade product too just like the house. Why is it acceptable for the guy with the money to refuse business with the guy with the house for wharever reason(even racial ones) and it is not acceptable for the guy with the house to refuse business with the guy with the money for the same reasons? Selling and buying just means trading and the rights are the same for both members of a fair trade.
>>
>>56552847

If people can refuse white people, Christians, families with children, republicans and men as well then sure.
>>
>>56554149
I'm not the landlord, I'm a subcontractor who repairs the walls/carpet/plumbing/hvac/doors/fences/windows for slumlords.

What I gather form my customers is you buy foreclosed homes, paint them/small repair, rent it to section ape.
>>
>>56554330
and people wonder why prices are so high on housing
>>
>>56554386
Yep.

The market crash ~2008 allowed a ton of wealthyfags to buy and flip homes for the next few years driving prices out of reach for most middle class families.
>>
This is why the BLM movement has steam. Because of you fucking retards
>>
>>56554204
Not really. There's an asymmetry to your proposal:

>faggot with money chooses where he spends his money
But he doesn't materially affect anyone's trade, except where such trade is offered by people who, a priori, have declared a contrary interest.

>faggot with product chooses to whom he sells his product
And in so doing, he explicitly limits the market. The market which exists because civil society exists. You can't expect the protection of society, while at the same time spitting in its face.
>>
You don't actually own property faggot. The government owns the land it sits on, you do not own shit. Repeat after me: "I literally do not own anything, nor will I ever own something."

Welcome to america, fuckface. Enjoy the freedom.
>>
>>56554503
a fucking leaf
>>
>>56553498
I have a friend who owns a bunch of commercial rental property. Like 7-8 apartment complexes with 20-30 units in each. He says blacks are hard as hell to get rent money out of, they just are late constantly or they send checks that bounce. They also complain constantly about shit and make you hop as a landlord 'fixing' all these perceived issues. Then when you try to evict them they lawyer up and refuse to leave so you have to spend 6 months in the courts while they sit there not paying any rent. Then they trash the place on their way out.

He's kind of a slumlord but he only rents to mexicans now because they at get the fuck out when you evict them. He wasn't racist before, but now he says 'man, fuck niggers' pretty regularly.

He makes a credit check mandatory, then rejects all the black applicants with bad credit. If there's any with decent credit he just says the place is rented already.
>>
>>56554330
So, what you're saying is you do minimal work to fix up substandard housing to be rented out for an outrageous profit, and then you're surprised that the same housing is treated with no respect? Perhaps if you were in a different business, you might find a different clientelle, and dare I say, some of them might be a shade duskier than you.
>>
>>56552847
>Should he be able to do that?
I own a property I rent and part of the terms is that the potential renter has to pass a background check performed by a third part.

It's my property. I get to set the terms and conditions.
>>
File: toofunny.jpg (61 KB, 736x667) Image search: [Google]
toofunny.jpg
61 KB, 736x667
>>56553909
>he actually believes this.
>>
>>56554707
uk blacks are nothing like american niggers

you're out of your element here
>>
It's literally illegal.
>>
>>56553498
Why do Brits hate freedom?
>>
>>56554582
Well, since I don't have a friend who rents 240 shitty apartments to, seemingly, non-white tenants, I can't dispute your argument.

I can only suggest that if he improved the quality of his housing, he might attract a better clientelle. And (don't get too mad now) some of them might even be black.
>>
The easiest way to enforce this is through credit checks.
>>
>>56554950
>uk whites are nothing like american crackers
>you're out of your element here

FTFY
>>
>>56554150
>What if a decent white guy, with a good job and a family, offers just a little bit less than the asking price?
You NEVER accept a lowball offer on rental properties if you haven't rented to that person before. So you decline the low offer.

If they pay their rent on-time and are reliable for at least the first 6 months, THEN maybe you offer to reduce their rent.
>>
>>56552847
Gonna have to look into your local law books for that. Many large cities will not let you do that. But a good way to hide it is to add "must be very clean" that would generally get you something to fall back on. But some Mexicans might catch on.
>>
File: QKJGJNM.png (1 MB, 1812x2555) Image search: [Google]
QKJGJNM.png
1 MB, 1812x2555
>>56554492
>This is why the BLM movement has steam.
Newsflash: their support has been tanking for the past 6 months

Only 30% of Blacks polled since March support #BLM
They don't have very much steam left.

Any steam they had was because of a bunch of fucking idiots getting themselves killed by police.
Just like Michael Brown did
>>
>>56555028
you don't really get how gentrification works. If he fixed up the apartments and spent a few million on each renovating them, it would be insane because the neighborhood would still be shit, the schools would be shit, crime would be fuckin RAMPANT at the place, etc.

Neighborhoods gentrify when white poorfag hipsters and gays move into an area and gradually displace the nogs and mexicans. They aren't going to move into an expensive apartment in a shit neighborhood.
>>
>>56555555
>>
File: 1447458693430.gif (1 MB, 400x355) Image search: [Google]
1447458693430.gif
1 MB, 400x355
>>56552847
My dad owns 4 properties, he doesn't rent to niggers, all Hispanic and whites, niggers try the it's cause I'm black game. Fortunately my pops has lawyers and they pretty much tell them to fuck off.
>>
Federal Housing Act and Civil rights act do not apply to choosing roommates. So yeah, if its a live in tenant, you can discriminate all you want.
>>
>>56555097
You're kind of right. Our crackers are much more tolerable than your chavs though.
>>
>>56552847
You yourself needs to do the interview with them just be careful about your wording about not letting them in.
>>
>>56555353
At the risk of seeming like the sort of faggot who just says "no You don't understand", I'd like to question your understanding of gentrification.

Do you think it happens because:

a) rich white folks suddenly decide they want to move into shitty apartments

or

b) landlords in shitty areas start offering apartments that appeal to rich folks
>>
>>56555565
>Do you think it happens because:
It's

c) Anyone with capital goes in and buys up vacant or dilapidated property with the intent to renovate it and obtain a reasonable return on their investment.

Demographics are uninvolved you fucking idiot. In my area most of the gentrification is Indian or Chinese men with piles of cash. Whoever has the money to spend gets to spend it wherever there's an opportunity for it to pay off.
>>
>>56555865
Well I don't think you've quite grasped the point I was making. Because I seem to agree with you, but you seem to violently disagree with me. Perhaps review the thread and then get back to me.
>>
File: 1448084896921.jpg (159 KB, 1023x675) Image search: [Google]
1448084896921.jpg
159 KB, 1023x675
>>56555097
>He hasn't seen Hoodlife vol 3.
>He doesn't realize American nog gangs like this are typical all over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CGxDk4Hsks
>>
>>56555981
>He hasn't set foot outside his mother's basement for years
>He doesn't realise that actually, despite being massively retarded, America isn't all that scary a place.
>>
>>56553498
Britbong speaks the truth; tenant discrimination laws are used in essentially all jurisdictions in the UK and U.S. That being said, landlords can (here) institute credit checks, income statements and reviews from previous landlords. Find a fault on any of them, reject their application at your discretion. If it's a black dude who happens to have all three in order, just suck it up and keep taking his money. If not, just put more financial limits on the application. Easy peezy.
>>
>>56555565
Nice get
>>
>>56552847
Someone is taking Poli Sci 101...
>>
>>56556098
Look Britfag, obviously you know everything there is to know about America, but I want to tell you this. Renters here, more often than not, are fucking scum. The American entitlement complex is fucking real, and it only increases in cultures who make their living off of entitlements. These people will take landlords to task for repairing shit they broke, and still have the balls to be late on rent. That's why I only rent to military families anymore, I can contact their command if they start fucking up, and I will be reimbursed (by the renter, forced through the military), and they will incur further punishment from the military.
>>
>>56554503
>"I literally do not own anything, nor will I ever own something."

I own my guns.

And the standard capacity magazines and high capacity babby killing drums.
>>
>>56556098
>America isn't all that scary a place.

It isn't.

But he's not wrong at how Hoodlife is a decent brief approximation of "black culture" in low income areas.

My hometown is a low income, high crime area with a high minority population. We have 5 times the national violent crime rate and 3 times the national property crime rate. But homicides are ~2 a year.

So yeah, you stand a minuscule chance of being murdered, but there are plenty of black people like Hoodlife. I grew up with black people like that, and grew up in black neighborhoods with people like that.
>>
Here's whatcha do:

1) Charge an application fee. Make it at least $40. Tell them it covers criminal background, credit check and eviction history.

2) Wait for a response.

3) Sign lease with an educated tenant that pays their rent on-time every month.

As a property owner, you have a choice on how you put in your property. Keep your mouth shut and make sure every applicant files an application.
>>
>>56555981
We need Moonman and Ben Garrison to team up and take action against the Americanized Gorilla
>>
File: NigPrint.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
NigPrint.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
>>56552847
Would you like greasy nigger hand prints all over your walls anon?
>>
>>56555565
c.) poor white artist types move into shitty apartments, make the neighborhood 'cool' and slowly get driven out by the rich yuppie fags who want to be 'cool' too.
>>
If you rent, can you reject people who've had felonies? I ask because the DoJ is talking about restricting employers' ability to do so, and Obama's been pushing all kinds of insane shit in HUD, so...
>>
>>56554216
They can. That lawsuit would be laughed out of court, even if you found a lawyer who didn't laugh you out of his office.
>>
File: wp_ss_20151122_0001.png (301 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20151122_0001.png
301 KB, 800x480
>>56552847
Absolutely,its your home and you're responsible,you have the right to deny anyone whom you see unfit.
>>
File: 1412886002946.jpg (44 KB, 1000x641) Image search: [Google]
1412886002946.jpg
44 KB, 1000x641
>>56554330
>section ape
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.