[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Earth about to Reach Highest Temperature in 3,000,000 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 35
File: 2559.jpg (403 KB, 1919x1152) Image search: [Google]
2559.jpg
403 KB, 1919x1152
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/22/paris-climate-change-conference-zero-emissions-planet

>But in truth, it is what has happened in the years after Copenhagen that made it not quite the disaster it appeared at the time. Slowly, steadily, the unwieldy, spatchcock UN process has rumbled on. Lessons have been learned from that chaotic episode. The idea that we should build an agreement bottom-up with countries making individual pledges, first conceived at Copenhagen, has become more serious, and every big emitter has put one forward.

>On the other side of the ledger, technology has thrown us a lifeline. The costs of wind and solar energy have come down far quicker than anyone dreamed of. The constructive side of human ingenuity is holding its own in the fight against its destructive side. And it is now demonstrably the case that the fight against climate change can be job-creating, not destroying, according to the Confederation of British Industry and many others.
>>
I'm used to it.
>>
>the guardian
>>
File: erry_fukken_day.gif (70 KB, 387x386) Image search: [Google]
erry_fukken_day.gif
70 KB, 387x386
>Highest Temperature in 3,000,000
I'd like to see the meticulously collected data from scientists living 3,000,000 years ago.
>>
>>56472986
B but global warming doesn't real
>>
>>56472986
>Highest Temperature in 3,000,000 years
Source: my ass.
>>
What happens once all these green energy sources are already built? Where will the jobs be then? Although conservative, I do believe in climate change, and am afraid for the future of the planet, but no one on either side is coming up with long term, realistic, solutions.

Also. whatever happened to those methane bubbles in the arctic, have they fucked us yet? I heard some guy had a plan to use some kind of bacteria to reduce the amount of methane being released.
>>
>>56473413
Geology doesn't real
>>
>Solar and wind

Man fuck this faggy shit. I lost all interest in environmentalists when I read articles about how hydro electricity is somehow not green.
>>
So why was it hotter 3001 years ago
>>
>>56473413
This, considering we've only been here roughly 5000 years. It makes absolutely no sense.
>>
>>56472986
https://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/antarctic-sea-ice-reaches-new-record-maximum
>>
>>56473413
>doesn't know what Antarctic ice cores are
>didn't even bother looking it up

Ladies and gentleman, your average climate change denier.
>>
>>56473516
Geology is not an accurate measure of temperature. I know, I studied it for a time.

>>56473745
We've been here for hundreds of thousands of years, but accurate temperature-measuring devices and scientific records keeping is relatively in its infancy.

It's not possible to accurately know what temps were like 3,000,000 years ago.
>>
>>56473516
>Geology
Geology doesn't give you global average surface temperature data to within a degree.
>>
>>56473889
>Antarctic sea ice slightly bigger
>Arctic Sea ice basically gone
your point?
>>
File: 1430392148389.png (76 KB, 641x566) Image search: [Google]
1430392148389.png
76 KB, 641x566
I don't give a shit anymore.

The only way to prevent any man-made warming at this point is to wipe both China and India off the face of the Earth. Nothing short of total annihilation of those 2 countries will do an ounce of good for the climate.

Also, if people were so damn sure of this global warming shit, we'd stop importing people by the assloads so that the population wouldn't grow to be 400+ million in some years.
>>
File: 1443266075068.png (54 KB, 462x299) Image search: [Google]
1443266075068.png
54 KB, 462x299
>>56474018
>doesn't know what Antarctic ice cores are
I do, actually. I worked with them while studying chemistry. They can't give you any detailed measure of temps. Sorry. Not possible.
They can give a feeble range at most. There's too many other factors involved.
>>
>>56473502
If you had the world running on 100% solar/geothermal/wind/ etc power, you'd effectively be allowing the trees and forests of the world to do their part to collect excess CO2 emissions.
>>
>>56474195
>admit they can give you data
>b-b-bbut you shouldn't use that data if it's a conclusion I fundamentally disagree with

K bb
>>
>>56474187
>stop importing people hurr
>implying the biggest offenders of this aren't large corporations bringing in H1 visa candidates from India and Pakistan
>hurr the solution to all the world's problems is letting corporate America do whatever it wants by eliminating the government! Muh free market

I see you haven't come full circle to realize that libertarianism is completely self-defeating
>>
>>56474121
Arctic sea ice melts and refreezes every year. You get a warm year in the arctic, it melts all the way in the summer. It comes back in the winter.

The arctic stuff is not a permanent fixture, and when it melts, it doesn't raise the sea level significantly.
>>
File: 1361837163802.gif (2 MB, 224x168) Image search: [Google]
1361837163802.gif
2 MB, 224x168
>>56474274
The data isn't accurate enough to use, you fuckwit.
Take some STEM and learn how numbers work. Jesus fuck.

BTW, I do not "disbelieve" climate change. Climate change is a VERY real thing and is vital to life on earth, and has been HAPPENING since the earth developed a climate.

The left acts as though the climate is not supposed to change, the right acts as though it isn't happening.
They're both WRONG. It happens, and it is supposed to fucking happen. Deal with it, you assholes who have taken science and turned it into a political tool.

FDSFGSDSSFARGFAGGGSDS
>>
File: 1430426677752.png (857 KB, 1528x1628) Image search: [Google]
1430426677752.png
857 KB, 1528x1628
>>56472986
>>
>>56472986
>The Guardian

Not helping the cause. We have a better representation of data here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geologic_temperature_record#/media/File:All_palaeotemps.svg
>>
>>56474405
just wait until until those billions of indians, chinese and eventually africans inevitably begin to adopt western habits of production and consumption you dumb cück
there's already more indians and chinks than anybody in the world will ever need
>>
>>56473516
>>56474018
You can always tell when it's some tool spouting memes they heard about online
>>
>>56474274
>>admit they can give you data
If you tell me you drove from San Francisco to Los Angeles today, you have given me data about how fast you drove. I know you went fast enough that you got there in a day.

But one would not say by ordinary standards that I know the speed, the top speed, the average speed, or the minimum speed, at which you drove.

There's a big difference between having some data on temperature and knowing what the temperature was.
>>
>>56474774
The less detailed knowledge and specific understanding they have, the more they ridicule people who "don't believe in science".
>>
File: GlobalTemperaturesOverTime.jpg (202 KB, 800x575) Image search: [Google]
GlobalTemperaturesOverTime.jpg
202 KB, 800x575
Manmade global warming is a hoax.
>>
The climate will change soon to Winter , thent o Spring, then to Summer and then to Fall.
>>
>>56474121
His point is that he's too retarded to understand that, and he thinks that he can cherry-pick excuses to make reality go away.

The fact that there are people who honestly think that pumping 28 billion tons of carbon dioxide into the air every year, aside from all of the carbon dioxide that's naturally there, will somehow miraculously not fuck things up, is fucking stupid. They're now planning on using the arctic as a shipping lane because during the summer, there's pretty much no ice left up there.

Temperatures are rising, sea temperatures are rising, the oceans are acidifying; but no, it's certainly not all the stuff we're doing. Must be completely natural.
>>
No global warming in nearly 20 years....but that won't keep them from wanting to reach into your pocket with this hoax.
>>
>>56474777
You do know the average speed though, anon.
>>
>>56475186
>The fact that there are people who honestly think that pumping 28 billion tons of carbon dioxide into the air every year, aside from all of the carbon dioxide that's naturally there, will somehow miraculously not fuck things up, is fucking stupid.

On the other side of the coin, there's idiots who believe we can have a large, advanced, technological society without pumping billions of tons of CO2 into the air.

There's two ways to stop this-
1. Live like Luddites, pre-industrial
2. Cull the population by 95%

Which one do you wanna do? There are no other choices if you wish to cut CO2 emissions enough to stop the HUMAN effect of climate change.

BTW, climate change will still happen, as it always has and always will until the sun burns itself out.
>>
File: image.jpg (742 KB, 570x1012) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
742 KB, 570x1012
>>56472986
It's not even the warmest it's been in the last 3000 years.
>>
>>56475299
No you don't, you only know that it was in less than 24hours, so the only single thing you can calculate is the minimal average speed theoretically possible. Anything else is speculation.
>>
>>56475186

Given the bigger picture provided by long term climate date which shows that there have been massive and sudden changes all through earth's history, can you admit that even if we are altering it we probably aren't destroying it?
>>
>>56474062
>I studied it for a time

I took a semester of a 101... I practically have a pHd
>>
>>56475634
No if you know the distance and time that's literally the average speed, you moron. There's no 2 ways about. If he traveled, stopped a lot, or just drove the whole time it'd be same average speed no matter what.
>>
>>56475521
if yellowstone explodes it would be a new iceage anyway, and we're past due
>>
>56474121
>slightly bigger
>new record maximum
global warming fanatics need to get a grip.
>>
Good.
I hope we all burn.
>>
File: Boogeyman_scary_climate_list.jpg (86 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
Boogeyman_scary_climate_list.jpg
86 KB, 650x488
Obama and Kerry are talking about the Climate Boogeyman.
>>
File: 1226845984697s.jpg (6 KB, 198x200) Image search: [Google]
1226845984697s.jpg
6 KB, 198x200
>>56472986
Meanwhile, I have the window -25 degrees below zero. In November. Although I live in Siberia, but something I do not notice fucking warming. Winters are getting colder !!!
So go fuck yourself with your bullshit
>>
>>56472986
good god, why does this lie continue getting pushed.

the ice caps have grown. The temperature hasn't risen in 15 years.
>>
I think that even with a massive extinction event we will still continue to exist. Humans are too good at adapting to go out like that. Tribalism will become the predominant form of human culture, which should keep our numbers down for a hundred generations and then we will be right back where we are now. I bet this is the third time we have done tthid .
>>
>>56475186
the science has shown it hasn't done anything.
>>
>>56476281

>the ice caps have grown.

And yet the sea level continues to rise.
>>
File: S3Nt6Yv.jpg (209 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
S3Nt6Yv.jpg
209 KB, 750x500
>>56476281
What if the Earth was freezing so potential diseases were also frozen out? spooky.gif
>>
File: post-glacial_sea_level.png (19 KB, 526x359) Image search: [Google]
post-glacial_sea_level.png
19 KB, 526x359
The sea level has risen for thousands of years. It slowed down to how it rose immediately after the Ice Age.

1 mm every 10 years sounds survivable, unless you are a Marxist and want to tax people .
>>
>>56476178
Please, ignore this retard.
>>
For 21,000 years the sea level has been rising. The activities of man have nothing to do with the natural sea level changes.
>>
File: Death.png (136 KB, 705x654) Image search: [Google]
Death.png
136 KB, 705x654
>>56474606
>political tool
It was all spawned at the Club of Rome think tank back in the 70's to bombard earths consumer sheeple middle class with the man made climate change meme not coincidentally as peak oil theory was being proven out. It is all science though, geology and social mostly.

The prototypical propaganda bombardment came in the form of CFC's and the mysterious ozone hole and went off like a charm, everyone ate it right up. In reality DuPont was about to have its patent on CFC's, a harmless but cheap refrigerant, expire! Realizing the repercussions of flooding the third world with cheap refrigeration and ensuing population explosion the campaign to ban it was launched and concluded successfully after a relatively short bombardment.

Again not ironically, that same private sector DuPont scientist and his 'team' soon discovered the correlation between CO2 (read hydrocarbons) and global cooling, Besides 2 revisions to the campaign, warming and now just change, the propaganda bombardment has been slowly increasing to the point where most sheeple in the first world have been bombarded into submission, presto!

In reality, earth is cooling and has been since its formation, this is geology 101 and real hard science. Ice ages are becoming more frequent over geological time and out gassing is decreasing as is tectonic activity. On the bright side in another few billion years or so earth will cease to support life and resemble the many other lifeless planets in the universe with its atmosphere completely blown away thus ending this nefarious dialect perpetrated by the powers that be once and for all.
>>
File: IPCC Authoritarian.png (415 KB, 907x587) Image search: [Google]
IPCC Authoritarian.png
415 KB, 907x587
>>56472986
Does anyone actually believe that this has anything to do with science?
>>
>>56474062
Actual geologist here. There are a lot of ways to measure paleo climate. What's most important is when you have different measurements which agree with each other.

Some of them give very accurate paleo temperature readings such as using Foraminifera

http://www.earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/Paleoclimatology_SedimentCores/paleoclimatology_sediment_cores_2.php

Deep sea cores
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0025322780900389
http://ageofrocks.org/2014/09/03/seafloor-sediments-ice-cores-and-milankovitch-theory-paleoclimate-in-harmony/

Ice cores
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/Paleoclimatology_IceCores/

Dendrochronology
http://eo.ucar.edu/staff/rrussell/climate/paleoclimate/dendrochronology.html

And lake sediment data
https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/data-access/paleoclimatology-data/datasets/lake

When you have studies which confirm one another it's time to listen.
>>
>>56478502
>When you have studies which confirm one another it's time to listen.
No. It's time to invent a way to accurately measure something.
The problem with using non-temperature based methods of deducing temps is it's an indirect measurement where other variables that cannot be eliminated come into play.
When we measure temps we use thermometers and the Kelvin or Celsius scales for a reason, as they give an actual accurate measure of the thermal energy in the system being tested.

We KNOW what one degree Celsius means. It's specifically defined.
We can't accurately determine what the Celsius measurement of a system is without a direct way to see the effect of thermodynamics in a system.

Trust me, chemistry and physics would be far easier if we could pull off these kinds of miracles.
>>
>severely debilitating the forseeable future by introducing regulations that will devastate the economy in an effort to slow natural global warming
liberals
>>
>>56473652
What is "sustained"?
>>
>>56472986
>Highest temperature in 3,000,000 years
>before they could even record temperature
Okie dokie.
>>
File: 1426985259727.jpg (59 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
1426985259727.jpg
59 KB, 600x398
>>56472986

fuck you nigger loving faggots.
>>
>>56474405
Whereas conservatism is completely other-defeating.
>>
>>56475933
Reread the sentence retard, the only 2 parameters you know are distance and a MAXIMUM POSSIBLE SPAN OF TIME of 24 hours. That is NOT the travel time.
>>
>>56475278
Aren't oceans warmer in the last 20 years?
>>
>>56479210
and here i was thinking you were going to say something useful.
damn
>>
>>56475521
You left out: live comfortably with lower use of electricity from fossil fuels; more public transport; new-tech batteries to store green-sourced solar and wind power till it is needed; etc.
>>
>>56472986
>the guardian
>>
>>56477751
Yes.
And do you have the context within which these statements were made?
>>
>>56475071
>fahrenheit

Dropped fám
>>
agenda 21 propagandadata
nothing to see here, suck my dick op
>>
>>56472986
What about all of the previous warming periods? This sounds bogus.
>>
File: 10874041.jpg (135 KB, 363x479) Image search: [Google]
10874041.jpg
135 KB, 363x479
>>56480918
I'm not denying that the temps aren't warmer now than any time in the last 3,000,000 years.
I'm critiquing the idea that the measurements supporting this conclusion are indisputable.

The data is not accurate enough to make an objective sweeping conclusion.
I wish it was. It would be great if such methods were that fucking accurate.
A scientist DREAMS of such awesome accuracy in such a clouded, ancient system.

Another thing I protest is this idea that we can do something about climate change.
I mean, we can, but...

There's two points here, right?
Group A says it's natural(I'm in this group).
Group B says it doesn't exist(obviously false).
Group C says humans cause it(partially correct, but erroneous and ignoring Group A).

Group B is to be ignored because they're provably wrong.
So it's Group A vs C. If A is correct, it doesn't matter and there's nothing we can do but adapt. If C is correct, the only way to correct it is to either cull the population, or become Luddites.
That's the true Inconvenient Truth.
>>
Man-made Global Warming is another fraud in order to transfer wealth from White's to Non-White's.
>>
File: 1446632963229.gif (2 MB, 388x218) Image search: [Google]
1446632963229.gif
2 MB, 388x218
>>56473413
Shhh, don't disrupt the liberal meme science circlejerk, they can't handle rudimentary logic
>>
>>56475071
I love that they labeled shit like "sudden cool down."

I FUCKING KNOW. THE LINE IS GOING DOWN.
>>
>>56480989
>live comfortably with lower use of electricity from fossil fuels
Not possible. You, me and the rest of society will have to take a large cut in comfort to make this possible.
Are we willing to give up AC, cheap foods, and other amenities?

>more public transport
This is inefficient for society. It's energy efficient, but that effect is nulled by the loss in work and commerce efficiency.

>new-tech batteries to store green-sourced solar and wind power till it is needed
These batteries, solar farms, and wind farms are extremely destructive to the environment because their materials must be mined. We're also beginning to run low on rare-earth metals which are necessary for these technologies. Rare earth mining is exceedingly destructive to the environment.
http://inhabitat.com/chinas-massive-toxic-lake-will-make-you-question-buying-another-electronic-device/

Nothing is free.
>>
>>56481422
Even if we didn't cause it, that does not make it impossible for us to correct, NOR does it require culling to correct, regardless of "who is responsible"

This is like walking out into traffic and claiming "there is no traffic" because you are not driving, when you could just take the raised sidewalk
>>
>>56481998
How are you going to correct it.
As a chemist with a full working knowledge of how resources, energy, and materials science work, I'm keenly interested in the remedies for this god-awful situation we've gotten ourselves into through the idea that "growth is a good thing and is sustainable".

Here's a tip: If it wasn't for the Haber process, we would have about 5 billion less people on the earth right now.
The Haber process is an absolute necessity to our current population. There's a problem though. It requires platinum-group metals as catalysts.
WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF THOSE METALS.

Good luck! Try not to starve.

Nothing is free. Not resources, not energy.
>>
File: antarctic_icecoret.gif (33 KB, 535x302) Image search: [Google]
antarctic_icecoret.gif
33 KB, 535x302
>>56472986
These people are completely full of shit at this point. We haven't even come close to reaching how hot the planet was 125,000 years ago, let alone fucking 3 million. You know, these people are SERIOUSLY damaging environmentalism by lying all the time. Is that what they're TRYING to do ffs??
>>
>>56474606
>The left acts as though the climate is not supposed to change, the right acts as though it isn't happening.
They're both WRONG. It happens, and it is supposed to fucking happen. Deal with it, you assholes who have taken science and turned it into a political tool.
This. Holy shit why can nobody grasp this shit?
>>
File: getwrecked.png (220 KB, 640x455) Image search: [Google]
getwrecked.png
220 KB, 640x455
Bullshit.
>>
>>56479210
Working on my doctorate in Earth Sciences.

Please stop posting. You are wrong.
>>
The earth is only 10,000 years old you idiots.
Go read the bible if you want to learn anything.
God bless.
>>
File: 1411779109102.png (158 KB, 829x493) Image search: [Google]
1411779109102.png
158 KB, 829x493
>>
File: gwcc.png (111 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
gwcc.png
111 KB, 1440x1080
Remember when science was about predictions and not just spouting off?
>>
>>56477738
So you're claiming, like all conspiracy retards, that some spooky elite is trying to "curb population growth" - which, by the way, would in NO WAY, SHAPE OR FORM BE A BAD THING - while the REAL fucking elites are actually pushing unlimited population growth to the point of replacing Whites in their own countries if they don't breed enough to satisfy the increasing profits of the rich?
>>
>>56480727
To be fair, the rainforests are pretty wrecked.
>>
File: 1348776533668.jpg (56 KB, 350x469) Image search: [Google]
1348776533668.jpg
56 KB, 350x469
>>56482806
It happens because science itself is the most powerful and final tool we have as humans.
It's numbers, data, that in itself does not lie and cannot be made to lie. People can only lie about it. But data cannot be faked. 30 degrees C is 30 degrees C regardless of what you might believe. The energy constant is absolute.

Because science is such a powerful and objective and respected tool, political activists use it to try and give legitimacy to their policies.
And by doing so, they drag science through the mud. Science is apolitical, atheist(meaning it does not recognize or care about ANY religious beliefs), and amoral. It is a tool and a set of rules used to accurately study the universe in which we live.

>>56482919
I'm 100% correct. Your earth science is not a science based on objective rules. You merely use the sciences of physics, chemistry, and biology to try and explain the world we live in. Accuracy is not what your field is known for. That's not a bad thing either, as your science is not about setting rules but about explaining various phenomena in the very dynamic systems on the earth. Because the systems you work with are so varied and dynamic and encompass countless variables in the system, accuracy is not possible.
>>
>>56472986 (OP)

gee
ill wonder when itll reach 6,000,000
>>
>>56483255
The elite talks openly about depopulating Africa every chance they get.
Global warming is about bringing in technoligical totalitarianism, not necessarily achieving any stated goals.
>>
>>56477738
>industrial output per capita going down
LOL
Hello? Robots? that shits still going up.
>>
File: kagami_sip_avatar-1.gif (10 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
kagami_sip_avatar-1.gif
10 KB, 120x120
>>56472986
we need a polar bear saving tax and a rear end emissions tax and a breathing air that does not belong to humans tax and a
>>
The earth is character-limit number of zeroes years old, dumb ass.
>>
>>56483300
because the Brazilians keep cutting them down
whack those niggers and it will be fine
>>
Another ruse to stop developing nation to industrialize with those "new and clean energies" bullshit.

fucking jews
>>
>>56477738

source on that graph?
>>
Western society is about to collapse and people care about the Earth getting 1 degree hotter?
>>
>>56483300

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6BeRb_y5x0
>>
Red_GISS 2013
Blue_Hansen 1999
Orange_Hansen 1981

Nothing to see here. Just adjusting the past temps down to support the narrative.
>>
>>56481448
It's really funny conservatards keep claiming this shit, because what is ACTUALLY happening is that wealth is being ever more frequently and intensely transferred from EVERYBODY to the rich.

>>56483431
As an actual environmentalist, this shit pisses me off to no end though. These climate charlatans are actively hurting environmentalism. Because of THEM almost individually, anti-environmentalism is now trendy and actually much more popular than environmentalism. Global Warming isn't even the top concern for the environment - direct species killing (including "habitat loss" - which is basically just killing plants) and pollution are.
>>
>>56483794
just google search it
it's just a made up thing by a dooms day loon
>>
>>56483551
>The elite talks openly about depopulating Africa every chance they get.
Oh give it a rest, you stupid faggot. They do not. The elite talk about educating Africa and poring medicines over them ever chance they get. You're utterly full of shit. If anything they've CAUSED a population explosion in Africa. You're fucking delusional as hell. There are over 7 billion fucking people on this planet and lunatics like you are suck kucks to the rich that you buy their horseshit hogwash that we need to breed at an ever-increasing rate forever because if we don't capitalism will die. WE DON'T NEED ANYMORE SHIT HUMAN BEINGS. Capitalism and the greed of the rich do. They're not forcing third worlders into every first world country for entertainment, you moron. They're doing it to increase their profits. No rich person makes money off of a population drop and many companies would almost certainly go out of business.

>Global warming is about bringing in technoligical totalitarianism, not necessarily achieving any stated goals.
Boy that's convenient, isn't it? That way you don't have to give a good reason. Except 3 things: 1: you're wrong because the total opposite is happening, 2: you can't even come up with any evidence to support your claim and 3: the reason for the CONVERSE - which the rich are actually doing, unlike your tinfoil bullshit - has a very CLEAR reason: to make more money for the rich. More people = bigger market = larger profits. It's not a hard equation. If you're going to claim the rich are going to do something which will utterly wipe out their source of power, you'd better 1: prove it's happening that way (it's VERY OBVIOUSLY NOT) and 2: why they would do something that monumentally stupid.
>>
>>56477738
>how can I most effectively prove how retarded I am?
>>
>>56483700
Rainforests are disappearing globally, not just in Brazil.
>>
>>56483700
It ain't shit.

Predictions say that in two HUNDRED years it will be all gone, considering it will be cut non stop and don't considering deforestated parts just fucking grow up back.
>>
>>56483960
>It's really funny conservatards keep claiming this shit, because what is ACTUALLY happening is that wealth is being ever more frequently and intensely transferred from EVERYBODY to the rich.

Sigh. In capitalism the low end's standard of living goes up 2x the rich 5x every few years. In socialism the low end's standard of living goes up -.5 to .5x the rich 1 to 2x (depending how smart the leaders are). Just look at the poor in the US vs the poor in Mexico.
>>
File: 1340118681508.jpg (922 KB, 1224x792) Image search: [Google]
1340118681508.jpg
922 KB, 1224x792
>>56483960
>direct species killing (including "habitat loss" - which is basically just killing plants) and pollution are.
Truth. Carbon is something that plant life can pretty quickly clean up if left to do so, but lots of the plant life capable of doing this is being killed off.

And funny enough, it's not EVIL CAPITALIST WHITE PRIVILEGE doing it, but fucking brown-skinned goat farmers cutting down huge swaths of forest to range their livestock on because they need the extra food and work animals to feed their exploding populations that are being enabled by leftists and christfags and their "humanitarianism" efforts. Also, the US government dumping millions of gallons of herbicides on jungle terrain to combat cocaine farms.

But of course, it's the evil white Koch brothers ripping apart the Amazon.
>>
File: 1447794720790.png (108 KB, 194x192) Image search: [Google]
1447794720790.png
108 KB, 194x192
>>56472986

BULLSHIT
U
L
L
S
H
I
THE LAKE OF FIRE = GLOBAL WARMING
>>
>>56481763
What's wrong with not using AC? Are you such a weakling with no endurance that you can't take a bit of heat?

1. Build ergonomical houses out of wood that will be naturally cool inside because of the properties of the building material.
2. Use ventilators!

There you go! Conditioners will not be needed anymore.
>>
>>56484476

or, ya know, build your home into the earth itself.

something about windows on one side of the house or something something idk
>>
>>56484476
I can live without it.
But 95% of the first world can not.
>>
>>56472986
>3,000,000 years

the planet is 4.5 billion years old
>>
File: 1415026238333.jpg (117 KB, 554x600) Image search: [Google]
1415026238333.jpg
117 KB, 554x600
>>56483700
>>56484174
By the way, AMERICAN multinational corporations are responsible for a lot of the cutting of Brazilian and other rainforests. In Brazil they do it for food production, among other things, in Asia they do it to grow oil palm, which is in everything in American food. Just look at a tub of margarine. Americans are probably the biggest destroyers of rainforest on Earth.

>Americans are so fat they're literally eating the rainforests
>>
>>56484723
Wait until people figure out that lunar drift is a thing.
http://www.spaceanswers.com/solar-system/will-the-moon-ever-leave-earths-orbit/

Imagine the tidal changes coming to an end, and what that will do to change life here.
>>
>>56484650
Then the only way to save the Earth is to ban it and let all the weaklings who can't adapt die off.
>>
>>56484390
Everything that climate frauds claim global warming is destroying is only insult to the injury humanity - mostly the West - has already caused to the biosphere. The Golden Toad didn't go extinct due to gw. It died because it's habitat was clearcutted almost into oblivion. Coral reefs don't die when they bleach when the reef is untouched by humans. The corals recover. But human altered reefs that receive silt and effluent from human pollution DO die due to bleaching. The amphibian die-off going on around the world is NOT caused by global fucking warming - it's caused by a chytrid that was spread by that abomination the pet trade because people keep releasing clawed frogs into the wild around the world which spreads the disease. Honeybee die-off wasn't caused by gw. It was caused by too fucking many pesticides encouraged by the proliferation of GM crops which use MUCH more pesticides and herbicides because the plants are more resistant to them which encourages farmers to WAY overuse them - and that last one was foreseen YEARS before bees started dying. We warned y'all niggas. But the rich always just do whatever the fuck they want.

>And funny enough, it's not EVIL CAPITALIST WHITE PRIVILEGE doing it
So wrong. The third world consumes FAR less resources than the first world and a lot of the destruction in Brazil for example comes from mining for metals or food production - much of which is exported to the first world. And most of the rainforest on Earth is being destroyed to provide food for the every-fattening first world - particularly America.

>But of course, it's the evil white Koch brothers ripping apart the Amazon.
Actually, it's the typical fat, retarded American literally EATING IT.
>>
File: 1325215465862.jpg (29 KB, 299x265) Image search: [Google]
1325215465862.jpg
29 KB, 299x265
>>56485042
Your graph there proves me right, you know.
>>
>>56485149
Actually, that's a chart. Excuse me.
>>
>>56484476
>Americans
>Building energy-efficient housing
Hahaha, you apparently don't know how things work here. The only time this ever happens is when some upper middle class hippie builds his own house.

>>56485149
But it doesn't actually, because you seem to think that the food being raised in these countries stays in these countries. It doesn't.

Oil palm production, for example, is almost specifically something that is a first-world commodity because it goes into reams of prepared products like margarines and other packaged foodstuffs. And the first world - again, especially Fatassistan - is the overwhelming gullet that that beef is sliding down.
>>
Good. Winter needs to be globally eradicated. Fuck your stupid white bears.
>>
>>56485410
Most beef consumed in the US is from the US.
http://msue.anr.msu.edu/news/where_does_beef_come_from_part_1_a_geographic_perspective
>>
>>56485410
Do Americans eat margarine instead of butter or something? Here it's considered a dangerous, carcinogenic product that can only be used in high-temperature cooking.

Also,
>120 kg meat per person

Welp, now we know which countries to nuke in order to save the Earth.
>>
>>56475186
what we expel is a fraction of what naturally is put into the atmosphere.
>>
>>56472986
>The constructive side of human ingenuity is holding its own in the fight against its destructive side
I hate journalists. this is the dumbest thing ever said about the actual people that make the world work
>>
>>56485818
America is now a net importer of food actually. It varies from year to year, and the government claims it wasn't importing Brazilian beef until recently (it lifted the ban), but it almost certainly was. And it's not just beef either. Literally AMERICAN countries such as Cargill are busy growing soy in Brazil. Most of the rainforest is being destroyed globally for agriculture. And most of that food is going to the first world. It's just hard to pin the beef specifically on America because they claim to have not been importing it, when that's almost certainly not true.

>>56485840
>Do Americans eat margarine instead of butter or something? Here it's considered a dangerous, carcinogenic product that can only be used in high-temperature cooking.
>Implying anyone cares we're eating plastic here
Have you SEEN the shit they sell as "food" in America? We have very little regulation in this. They won't even label GMOs even though the majority of the country wants it because the rich and capitalism have absolute control here.

>120 kg meat per person
Keep in mind also that America has the THIRD largest population of ANY country AND they're consuming meat at this rate.
>>
>>56474121
Do you havisfaction a singlicious satisfact to snack that up?
>>
>>56486721
Yeah, I've been to America, and the food that's sold in the supermarkets definitely seemed chemical and fake to me. Weird bread of unnatural consistency and chicken with horrible chemical aftertaste. Also, you have toilets which FILL UP with water when you flush, instead of actually flushing! What's up with that?
>>
>>56487172
Everything's retarded and backwards here. I don't even eat out really because even the restaurants can't prepare decent food - unless you eat some ethnic food like Chinese or Mexican lel.
>>
>>56486695

Don't blame all journalists, blame the batch of hacks hired to work at places like the Guardian.
>>
we are technically in an Ice Age. The Earth has usually been much warmer. Tropical climates at the poles in some ages.
>>
File: epic_lulz.png (138 KB, 336x326) Image search: [Google]
epic_lulz.png
138 KB, 336x326
>>56473745
>5000 years
>muh bible
>>
>>56472986

National Geographic April 2046:

The sandy beaches of Nunavut, why the Yukon just won't do
>>
>>56473594
It's "not green" because liberalfags went full PETA mode and think it's bad because of damming and whatnot. Never mind that with places like Niagara Falls it's easily the best trade-off between being environmentally conscious and actually getting some fucking energy out of it. Muh otters
Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.