[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is hillary clinton going to raise the minimum wage by a lot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: hcc.jpg (6 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
hcc.jpg
6 KB, 201x251
Is hillary clinton going to raise the minimum wage by a lot? This scares me the most... I dont want her to raise the minimum wage because then people doing shit work will make like 15 an hour which is a decent amount of money. Then my job will be outsources basically and itll be fucked
>>
get better job fag
>>
>>66436712
Fuck off leaf, this is american politcs, it doesnt involve you cuck.
>>
>>66436647
Did you know that the department of labor is in favor of raising the minimum wage?
http://www.dol.gov/featured/minimum-wage/mythbuster

Myth: Increasing the minimum wage will cause people to lose their jobs.

Not true: In a letter to President Obama and congressional leaders urging a minimum wage increase, more than 600 economists, including 7 Nobel Prize winners wrote, "In recent years there have been important developments in the academic literature on the effect of increases in the minimum wage on employment, with the weight of evidence now showing that increases in the minimum wage have had little or no negative effect on the employment of minimum-wage workers, even during times of weakness in the labor market. Research suggests that a minimum-wage increase could have a small stimulative effect on the economy as low-wage workers spend their additional earnings, raising demand and job growth, and providing some help on the jobs front."
>>
>>66437174
Fuck off
>>
>>66436647
bump
>>
What will it be raised to? I already make 10$ a hour are they going to make my wage pointless?
>>
>>66437174
Why listen to expert economists about the economy when I can get all my political views from anonymous grown men who jerk off to traps all day?
>>
>>66439712
They make most careers pointless since itll be 15 bucks an hour
>>
>>66440053
pretty much this.
>>
GTFO pol and go flip those burgers faggot,
and stop bumping your own thread feverishly, we can't save you from your women's history degree.
>>
>>66436894
He's right
>>66436647
And minimum wage should be 0 dollars an hour
>>
>>66436647
I believe your state decides the minimum wage. If the federal government does effect it, it will likely be a minor increase.
>>
>>66437174
Ah the same Keynesian economists who are printing money and trying to ban cash correct? Meme economist can suck a dick
>>
>>66437174
Alright what's the nose to gentile ratio
>>
File: 1457192663628.png (53 KB, 914x1091) Image search: [Google]
1457192663628.png
53 KB, 914x1091
>>66436647
No anon, she's not going to do anything because she won't be president
>>
>>66441318
Yes she will
>>
>>66442207
Not if FBI comes through
>>
>>66436647
ITT: OP is shilling for the side that doesn't want to pay their workers a living wage.
>>
>>66442353
FBI wont do shit.
>>66442469
No you stupid uneducated faggot, im voting republican to piss your dumb ass off
>>
>>66437602
>>66440053
>>66440898
>>66441029
>it goes against what I think, discarded

Fuck I hate people
>>
>>66436647
honestly, I don't think shes going to do anything about the minimum wage. shes got bigger fish to fry than that deadhorse old meme topic.

lets looks at the facts. minimum wage has mad eit not only harder for young adutls to find jobs, but its created a permanent lower class that saps away at our infrastructure and eats away at our public funds, while creating an economic clas sof entitled wage slaves unwilling work for themselves, and would rather spend 8 years working entry level minimum wage jobs, while sucking away at social security and Medicaid.

shes certainly better than Bernie sanders though. I pray day and night that she wins so that this nation can touch the lip of the global toilet bowl and pull itself up and out of the shit hole vortex of death that is the economy right now
>>
Increasing the minimum wage does not make people more productive to match the increased wage.

Most people earn above the current minimum wage anyway. Increasing the minimum wage will harm those on the very bottom, either because their employers will make them work harder, outright fire them, or raise the prices, which harms everybody.
>>
>>66442926
Yeah shes better than bernie for sure, so you dont think she will fuck the minimum wage much?
>>
>>66443712
She COULD propose a higher minimum wage as an attempt to attract some Bernie voters.
>>
>>66443712
I really don't think so. shes been in the economic game that the notion of minimum wage hikes shouldn't not only be an old topic for her, but one that shes discussed a fuck ton about and knows why it wont work.

this is standard economic talk in college right now. why a minimum wage hike doesn't work.
>>
>>66442582
>FBI wont do shit.
And your prediction is based on what?
>>
>>66444403
facts
>>
>>66444903
Be more specific.
>>
>>66445387
IT will help lower class and fuck over rich people
>>
>>66437174
>>66437174
>>>66436647 (OP)
>Did you know that the department of labor is in favor of raising the minimum wage?
>http://www.dol.gov/featured/minimum-wage/mythbuster
>Myth: Increasing the minimum wage will cause people to lose their jobs.
>Not true: In a letter to President Obama and congressional leaders urging a minimum wage increase, more than 600 economists, including 7 Nobel Prize winners wrote, "In recent years there have been important developments in the academic literature on the effect of increases in the minimum wage on employment, with the weight of evidence now showing that increases in the minimum wage have had little or no negative effect on the employment of minimum-wage workers, even during times of weakness in the labor market. Research suggests that a minimum-wage increase could have a small stimulative effect on the economy as low-wage workers spend their additional earnings, raising demand and job growth, and providing some help on the jobs front."

And 600 economists will say that it won't help the economy. Raising the minimum wage won't increase real wages; it will only increase price indexes (read inflation). A min wage increase will only effect the short term. Long term people have higher incomes, but will spend more.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.