[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Islam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 800x600
What are the best things/statistics to use in a debate or argument over the acceptance of Syrian Refugees into the US? There are an unfortunately large number of people I know that think this is a good idea.
>>
>>66410246
Its simple
>Convert to Islam
>Pray everyday
>Grow beard
>Dress up like Jihadist
>Shoot up a school, only this time you shout "Allahu Akbar"
>>
>>66410246
You [Murica] have the right [Under the UN and the Geneva talks] to accept refugees.

The scenario is different, they can only reach your country by plane, so you can have a hard selection so you can accept only the ''good'' ones.

Unlike Europe, the refugees go will came to the US are truly Syrian refugees, not Africans for gibs me dats.
>>
>>66410246

what about the homeless in the US and our massive debt?

why import more problems when we struggle to deal with the ones we already have?

syrians will not assimilate into our culture, they do not bring with them benefits for our country, and on top of that there is the security risk they present during a time where we don't need or want to be taking such unnecessary risks in the first place?

why continue bringing in tons of refugees, when doing so is just a drop in the bucket compared to how many needy people exist on the planet? there are billions of poor and disenfranchised and they are multiplying constantly, no amount of migration will ever put the smallest of dents into that number of poor and disenfranchised.

If we really cared, if we really wanted to make a difference, we would help them bolster their countries and become independent WHERE THEY LIVE, not bring them here en masse in some misguided attempt to provide them succor. There are already millions of people in the US who need our help - let's help them instead
>>
>>66410486
What about use the money that you use to support terrorists and make war in the M.E. to help your people?

Oh, but that will never happen.
>>
>>66410246
>nothing, your just a racist bigot

facts dont matter to these fags, you have to appeal to emotions, but its hard to win there, i guess you could show them the rapes in Europe
>>
>>66410450
>have the right
Obligation**
>>
>>66410450
We own the UN faggot. We've broken their codes like 20 times now.
>>
>>66410450
>implying Syrian Shitskins are that much better than pure stock niggers

Why dont you accept them Paco? They are your brothers and kin...
>>
Israel is nearer.
>>
>>66410246
The true refugees left to Lebanon and Turkey. My Syrian friend calls the refugees coming here, traitors and insurgents.
>>
>>66410486
there was a good TED talk on that

here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE
>>
>>66410759
lol not this time

Enjoy multiculturalism :D
>>
>>66410799
We do
>>
"Durr I literally can't think for myself"
Typical conservative. Just keep doing what your corprate overlords tell you to do
>>
>>66411171

Yeah dumb conservatives, let's take in all these refugees cuz it's the right thing to do :D so what if the crime rate rises 65% like in Germany that's just a coincidence. I love Muslims and would love it if we accepting the Sharia law supporting honor killing condoning extremists (a vast majority in the Middle East) into our country where values are completely different, but they'll love it here and respect our beliefs :)
>>
>>66411171
>Wanting other's opinion
>bad

kek m8
>>
>>66410569

>Oh, but that will never happen.

Ye of little faith. We're electing Trump for a reason
>>
File: hey vultfag.jpg (70 KB, 500x428) Image search: [Google]
hey vultfag.jpg
70 KB, 500x428
>>66410246

Psst, vultfag.
>>
>>66410486
Good start but I'm going to give you some counter arguments to your point so you can think about it more and come back stronger.

>what about the homeless in the US and our massive debt?
>why import more problems when we struggle to deal with the ones we already have?
False choice, accepting refugees has no impact on either.

>syrians will not assimilate into our culture, they do not bring with them benefits for our country, and on top of that there is the security risk they present during a time where we don't need or want to be taking such unnecessary risks in the first place?
Since they are already fleeing their old culture, that makes them more likely than not to adopt a new one. Furthermore a welcoming attitude to refugees can encourage assimilation. Many refugees do bring benefits, in that they are already educated and of working age. The security risk is equal to or lower than that posed by existing US citizens. (Niggers)

>why continue bringing in tons of refugees, when doing so is just a drop in the bucket compared to how many needy people exist on the planet? there are billions of poor and disenfranchised and they are multiplying constantly, no amount of migration will ever put the smallest of dents into that number of poor and disenfranchised.
Strawman. Syrian refugees are fleeing are not fleeing poverty, they are fleeing a warzone. Accepting refugees is about saving those individuals, not alleviating poverty.

If we really cared, if we really wanted to make a difference, we would help them bolster their countries and become independent WHERE THEY LIVE, not bring them here en masse in some misguided attempt to provide them succor. There are already millions of people in the US who need our help - let's help them instead
The last time America tried to bolster a nation and her people you invaded Iraq, helping to create this whole situation.

Your main weakness is that you are not explicitly discussing Syrian refugees.
>>
>>66411495

I'll honest to god kill myself if he doesn't win. Or at least Ratface/Robot/Kasich
>>
>>66410729
can you show me the provision that proves it's an obligation?

>>66410837
But multiculturalism is bad for israel, you dirty little goy.
>>
>>66411505
>brown person undermining the call to crusade

good memes have layers
>>
>>66411528
>that makes them more likely than not to adopt a new one
demonstrated untrue in all of the new eurabian caliphate.
>>
>>66411528

your main weakness is I don't give a shit because it's all muh feelings anyway, as are your "arguments". there is no logical reason to bring them in.

>False choice, accepting refugees has no impact on either.

Oh really? By bringing them in there will be less resources to devote to either problem. Even if in your eyes the effect is "marginal" why purposely pile more drains on top of an already drained system?

>Since they are already fleeing their old culture, that makes them more likely than not to adopt a new one.

Bullshit. Many form extremely insular communities and refuse to learn the local language.

>Furthermore a welcoming attitude to refugees can encourage assimilation.

So the onus is on the home country to lay out a doormat for refugees to walk all over, and if they complain or get violent it's the home country's fault for not being "welcoming" enough despite showering them with free shit? fuck that

>Many refugees do bring benefits, in that they are already educated and of working age.

and the majority of them do not

>The security risk is equal to or lower than that posed by existing US citizens.

okay, so let's make things even more dangerous by bringing in more security risks? very stupid

>Syrian refugees are fleeing are not fleeing poverty, they are fleeing a warzone.

Many of the syrian migrants aren't even fleeing from areas affected by the war, you think there's fighting going on in every single little podunk town?

>The last time America tried to bolster a nation and her people you invaded Iraq, helping to create this whole situation.

the Iraq war is not at all comparable to peaceful economic intervention within the region, as the chinese are doing in Africa
>>
>>66410925
The problem with that talk is that it is a strawman argument. The fact is no one justifying immigration by saying it's alleviating poverty. The main argument for immigration is
>Bolster population growth in times of falling birthrates.
because
>Capitalism required ever increasing consumption, which is easier to achieve with a growing population.

So long as the economic system continue to demand infinite growth our politics will continue to support immigration.
>>
>>66411954

no, it's not a strawman, and you are a fucking retard
>>
>>66411954
thats all well and good, but its not morally right, and thats the argument of the people who support taking in these people.

Regardless the problem with all this is the multiculturalism, if there were proper efforts to assimilate these people i wouldn't have a problem, its the multiculturalism that breeds unnecessary conflict.
>>
>>66410246
Show them this.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=z12D0zt-V4iI.kXGfjpzjOS1Q
>>
>>66412047
>strawman fallacy: a position similar to the opponent's, but more easily disposed of set up explictly to fall in an attempt to dismiss the proper argument
Fallacious in this case because the new scenario pre-supposes something untrue in the premise.
>>
>>66412542

you only consider the premise "untrue" because you arbitrarily rule it out a priori to fit your bullshit theoretical economic narrative
>>
>>66412654
But it can't possibly be that you're forcing it in a priori to fit your own bullshit? Fuck outta here
>>
File: ldah6rdp6ukvngoyqi1fcg.gif (14 KB, 556x303) Image search: [Google]
ldah6rdp6ukvngoyqi1fcg.gif
14 KB, 556x303
>>66411908
>By bringing them in there will be less resources to devote to either problem
You seem to think the economy is closed and doesn't grow. Refugees are a resource, they are independent economic units who will behave like any other. Most will get jobs and pay tax.

> Many form extremely insular communities and refuse to learn the local language.
Perhaps you should be working to build a more dynamic, mobile and open society then.
> So the onus is on the home country to lay out a doormat for refugees to walk all over
I didn't say that. Maybe you should just be less openly hostile to the idea of foreigners. A welcoming attitude is simply not being an arsehole.

>okay, so let's make things even more dangerous by bringing in more security risks?
But danger is proportional, not absolute. By most measures, violence and extremism is at historical lows in America. See pic.

>and the majority of them do not
Really? Cos all I here from /pol/ are complaints that there are too many 'fighting age' men coming to Europe and not enough women and children. 90% of Syrian men are literate. That's enough education to get a job in America cleaning floors.
>>
>>66412808

now you understand the nature of the argument
you have no "logical" leg to stand on, pleb
it's feels vs feels in this world bby, deal with it
>>
>>66410246
Inform them that scientific research suggests attempts to assimilate those with differing opinions upon society with the norm of a community have resulted in total failure. Sweden and Germany are very good answers.

Anecdotal evidence, however, does not contribute with good quality, but I have lived amongst Muslims, and if you believe that Caucasian Christians have homophobic views: think again.
>>
>>66412834

>Refugees are a resource,

No they are not

>they are independent economic units who will behave like any other.

that is extremely naive

>Perhaps you should be working to build a more dynamic, mobile and open society then.
>Maybe you should just be less openly hostile to the idea of foreigners. A welcoming attitude is simply not being an arsehole.

And yet again you are placing blame on the host country for opening its arms to foreigners. I don't mind foreigners, what I do mind are foreigners entering en masse into the country

>But danger is proportional, not absolute. By most measures, violence and extremism is at historical lows in America. See pic.

okay so because danger levels are low, that means you want to make it more dangerous? again, very stupid

>Really? Cos all I here from /pol/ are complaints that there are too many 'fighting age' men coming to Europe and not enough women and children. 90% of Syrian men are literate. That's enough education to get a job in America cleaning floors.

at this point we can dither about whether Syrians are incompetent or whether they will compete with Americans for available jobs. Both are undesirable outcomes for the well-being of Americans, so it doesn't matter what the outcome is, they have a detrimental effect either way
>>
>>66412232
Do you have an english/dutch/french version?
>>
>>66412850
>it's feels vs feels in this world bby
and it's the feels of the governing body that matters. In europe, the governing body has stated, even amidst all the "religion of peace" and "we need enrichment" talk, that the refugees are filling in the population gap caused by low birthrates. So again, fuck outta here.
>>
>>66410246
The trick of debating against them and seeming like a nice person is as follows:
Simply tell that you are for refugees from Syria, but only the endagered ones, that is, women, children and propably their husands too. Now comes the trick: that group doesnt even make up some 10% and isnt even a threat and is far more likely to leave back to Syria unlike the alone comming young males who just want to live off of welfare.

In the end, no one would call you racist or some other shit, but technically you would still be bashing the invading horde.

Also, big plus for America, you geniouses could take in ALL women and children and it would not make a difference, since your population is large and you have a lot of space and money.
The USA should simply say: "We want to take in all real refugees". Given that they cant swarm you do to a fucking ocean in between, you can scan them all.

After all, the USA are to be blamed for this mess. Actually you could take in ALL refugees, fake and real ones, and just move them to negro parts of the counry.
>>
File: absolutely disgusting.jpg (343 KB, 624x810) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting.jpg
343 KB, 624x810
>>66410246
This pic.

Also links below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_child_sexual_exploitation_scandal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rochdale_sex_trafficking_gang
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derby_sex_gang
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford_sex_gang
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_Sex_Gang
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telford_sex_gang
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peterborough_sex_abuse_case
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keighley_sex_gang
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banbury_sex_gang
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aylesbury_sex_gang
>>
File: 1453180868061.jpg (585 KB, 1259x947) Image search: [Google]
1453180868061.jpg
585 KB, 1259x947
>>66410246

We've actually resettled a fuckload already, and even more from Iraq after we shattered the (already stressed) structure of their country.
Honestly there's better subjects to argue about, like why Bernie will cause a depression or why Hillary should be in jail. Gotta pick your battles m8y.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/11/16/how-many-syrian-and-iraqi-refugees-are-already-in-each-state-in-3-maps/
>>
>>66413037
If you use chrome it translates it for you.
>>
>>66410246
cause they did so well assimilating with the the cultures in indonesia, india, and malaysia and their religion does not have a doctrine involving spreading as much as possible by all means?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvFl6UBZLv4
>>
>>66410799
Ey-ey-ey, some Syrians are christian, right. They're kinda good guys, I've met two of them, both were alright.
>>
>>66413114
>the refugees are filling in the population gap caused by low birthrates.

nice meme. you're convinced that population replacement is a "good" thing for the economy, while it's a terrible thing for the culture. what's the point of having a "good economy" when the country it's supposed to support has been completely uprooted and destroyed? because that's what's going to happen to it when you fall prey to the "population replacement" scam. You don't even need the extra labor moron, there's already plenty of unemployed natives in Germany, and automation will obviate the role of many workers within a decade or two.

Of course the government bodies will try to convince you that it's a great fucking thing they're doing, they don't want to admit that they've made a horrible mistake. you're an idiot for swallowing their bullshit
>>
>>66413395
>you're convinced that population replacement is a "good" thing for the economy
Not in the slightest. I was speaking from the perspective of those in charge, who have made their positions explicit. I'm well aware of the fact that the refugees are the new mongol hordes, but that doesn't mean I can't look at the situation from the eyes of someone who has literally told the world what they see. Go ahead and read back, and see that I never presented my own views in this discussion.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-02-23-14-41.png (211 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-02-23-14-41.png
211 KB, 1280x720
>>66412232
Here's what each color represents. According solley to this map for crime numbers and national population statistics the refugees (~450000) consist of .559% of the total German population and commit 31% of annual rapes. This is dealing with ony the rape stistic given by the map not any of the other values. Also this map is of all crimes committed by refugees over the past 63 days.
>>
>>66413620

so tell people you agree with to "fuck outta here", neat
>>
>>66413767
I was telling you to fuck off with the strawman
>>
>>66410324
>be ignored by liberal media
>>
>>66413833

that video isn't a strawman, it's a salient argument against immigration conducted for ANY cause

we're not trying to convince merkel that she's a retard, we're trying to convince OP's retarded friends. If it's their feelios to believe that population replacement trumps literally every other negative consequence of immigration, that's their choice to be retarded. but population replacement isn't the de facto argument for immigration, it's just one (extremely tenuous) point of support. if that's the point that idiots choose to focus on, then it must be drowned out by the mountains of negative consequences, until they see sense
>>
>>66413993
>we're not trying to convince merkel that she's a retard, we're trying to convince OP's retarded friends
very different topic, I shoulda read the thread
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.