[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's with all this "Super Tuesday" nonsense?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: nige so euroskeptical.jpg (484 KB, 1200x744) Image search: [Google]
nige so euroskeptical.jpg
484 KB, 1200x744
I need answers Ameribro's,

Is "Super Tuesday" what it's actually called or is it just a phrase used, because that's retarded lads.

When will the votes be in?

Is Emperor Trump reigning supreme, or has Lubio/ratboy caught ground?

Just how important is this day?

Will Trump annex Canada? It's not looking good for them
>>
>>65843242
>I need answers Ameribro's,
>Is "Super Tuesday" what it's actually called or is it just a phrase used, because that's retarded lads.
its what its called
>When will the votes be in?
probably tonight
>Is Emperor Trump reigning supreme, or has Lubio/ratboy caught ground?
Trump is winning
>Just how important is this day?
very
>Will Trump annex Canada? It's not looking good for them
no
>>
>>65843242
Votes won't be in until around 1am GMT, yes it's very important, it's 13 different states holding primaries today.

Trump is predicted to win all but texas
>>
Super tuesday is literally super though.

One of the memeist days in world Politics.
>>
>>65843800
Super Tuesday, though? Am I mad or is that just ridiculous?
>>
>>65843880
"super" because 13 different states all have their primaries today, as opposed to the usual one or two per day
>>
>>65843706
Gonna have to wait until the morning to see the results.

So it is like 1/4 of the overall primary vote? Pretty big day for Trump today
>>
>>65843880
It sounds like a day where everyone in the country gets put into a lottery, and whoever gets picked in a random drawing wins a million dollars or something.
>>
>>65843982
If Trump wins this does he win the primary election? Or is there still a chance he can be stumped? How do these things normally play out?
>>
>>65843985
That's why it's called Super, it's the most important day of the primary calendar
>>
>>65844064
That's a pretty small loan.
>>
>>65844164
It's not technically over until June, but he can solidify his lead and become the de facto nominee.
>>
>>65844242
Yeah but I hear "Super" I imagine some kids cartoon about mice that drive rally cars or some shit not an democratic election event
>>
>>65843242
Lots of states have their primary today. This is a big day that can make or break a candidate.
>>
>>65844436
>kids cartoon about mice that drive rally cars
You just described American politics.

It's pretty entertaining at least.
>>
>>65844164
If he wins a majority of the states it's pretty much over

You need 1,237 delegates to win the nomination, and today there are 595 up for grabs, of which Trump is expected to win most of them
>>
>>65844436

>The phrase "Super Tuesday"[2] has been used to refer to presidential primary elections since at least 1976.[3] It is an unofficial term used by journalists and political pundits. In 2016

It's unofficial for the media to hype up the event.

Super Tuesday like Super Bowl. Get the idiot masses to tune in as opposed to actually going out and making america great again.
>>
>>65843242

It's like the Super Bowl, but for politics. Grab your beer and buddies and watch the political coverage because it will get wild and Trumpy. No foam party for Gaybio.
>>
>>65844608
people are talking about texas but it really doesnt matter. my state alone (georgia) is 76 delegates. thats half of texas already. and hes projected to win pretty much every other state too.
>>
it's like sunday fun day but for people who matter
>>
>>65843242
Let's face it. if it wasn't for shit like that most of us wouldn't be following the race. It's what makes it the greatest political show on earth. I mean, my country's politics are every bit as soul crushing but nowhere near as entertaining.
>>
this is always the worst part of election year all the retarded eurococks with their "hurr i dun understand plz exblain xD"
>>
"Super Tuesday" is the name that has been traditionally used to describe the first day in the primary calendar that has a large number of states voting on the same day. The date of "Super Tuesday" and the states participating in "Super Tuesday" change each election cycle. The term "Super Tuesday" was created by the media and has been in use since at least the 80's.
>>
File: unbelievable nonsense .gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
unbelievable nonsense .gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>65845208
>>
>>65845020

Isn't Texas an Open Primary? I could see Trump taking it even if Cruz leads amongst Republicans there.
>>
It's a day where americans all come together and pretend our votes are being counted by Microsoft
>>
>>65845458

Of that were true this time Rubot would win by a landslide.
>>
>>65844164

The GOP are such cucks at this point that he's basically already won. Today Trump is going to slaughter the remains of Marco and Ted. He only officially wins the primary after he gets enough delegates, which isn't for a while, but after today (if he wins) there is basically no legal way to stop him, unless Rubio assassinates him.
>>
>>65843242
Yes Super Tuesday is a Federally recognized holiday.
>>
>>65845692
>>65845652
>>65845413
>>65845458
>>65845274
>>65845125
>>65845020
>>65844979
How many delegates is he predicted to get? And how many does he have right now? If
>>
>>65845652
>no legal way, unless assassination

M8...
>>
This year "Super Tuesday" also has a second nickname, the "SEC primary". The SEC is the nickname for the South Eastern Conference, a college athletic conference consisting of universities in the southeastern US. The majority of of states voting on "Super Tuesday" are in states that are in the Southeastern US.

So basically the American media likes giving primary elections football sounding sports names.
>>
>>65845652
the party doesn't have to support him, they can contest at the convention, it's happened before. Used to be the conventions always chose the party's candidates.
>>
File: Targets.png (162 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Targets.png
162 KB, 1440x900
>>65845802
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-2016/delegate-targets/
>>
>>65845020
If cruz gets 50% of the vote, he gets all the Texas delegates, which is what they're memeing about

That won't happen though, because every poll has Donald getting at least 25-30%, so he'll split the delegates with Cruz, or 3 way split with Rubio if Rubio manages to get above 20% (only 1 poll shows him breaking 20% atm, rest have him in high teens)
>>
File: EmperorTrump.jpg (137 KB, 424x599) Image search: [Google]
EmperorTrump.jpg
137 KB, 424x599
>>65843242
Today is glorious because it represents the beginning of the end of the age of strife.
>>
>>65845413
Texas does have an open primary but the latest polls show Cruz still ahead.
>>
>>65845942

That would be a total suicide move for them and Trump would rightly destroy them for it. The GOP are only such cucks because they've got Stockholm Syndrome and are prone to being bullied by the Dems. They have a new guy to bully them around now and I think they'll fit into their role quite well. Even Gingrich has admitted that he's the future.
>>
>>65846143
Cruz isn't even a nationalized citizen, he cannot become president. He's a plant to derail Trump. He will fail.
>>
>>65845802
He has 82. 689 are up for grabs today, so 350-400 would be great.
>>
>>65843242
>Will Trump annex Canada?
It would certainly be nice. Annex Canada, kick out all the degenerate multicult Canadians. America would have a frontier again.
>>
>>65846385

A war with Mexico over these invaders, to put down the Cartels would be better, and put in an actually working government for once would be better.
>>
>>65845942
There hasn't been a brokered Republican convention since 1948 and that was before the current primary system was in place. Back then there were only a few primaries and most delegates were chosen at state conventions.
>>
>>65846008
And that's really the big deal with Texas. Some states are winner take all, so if Cruz were to win with 45% of the vote he'd get all of the delegates. But Texas isn't like that, so even if Cruz does win, in all reality it still helps Trump's chances as he gets delegates too.
>>
>>65844436
A rat race, yes.
>>
File: TRUMP TUESDAY Get hype.jpg (1 MB, 1948x1093) Image search: [Google]
TRUMP TUESDAY Get hype.jpg
1 MB, 1948x1093
It actually called "TRUMP Tuesday."
>>
>>65847560
Will go down in history as the day the American people took there first step to make the western world great again

>>65847490
Well played
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.