[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whitewashing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9
Do you think there's a whitewashing problem in Hollywood? What did he mean by this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XebG4TO_xss
>>
Sorry for all of you who hate John Oliver, and I realize that responding seriously to a political comedy video will not only make you all wonder what the hell is wrong with me, but will make me wonder the same thing about myself, BUT: I did realize that I couldn't entirely get behind this, less out of any kind of anger at Political Correctness or "SJWs" than that this video mostly picked out instances of white actors cast as minorities that are either from flopped old movies and are forgotten almost completely (I did know about Katherine Hepburn playing "Dragon Lady" but did you? Certainly I didn't know about the Brando one) or which have been trashed for years (if the New York Times actually praised Mickey Rooney playing that Japanese stereotype, that's the first time I've ever heard NOT complain about it; also, Emma Stone has already been raked over the coals for like two years now for being cast as an Asian girl.)
I mean, they didn't pick any of the good ones, or any of the targets that their audience likely wouldn't have a problem with. Has anyone ever complained about Eli Wallach playing Tuco? I thought he was terrific in The Good The Bad & The Ugly and the performance kind of does draw on teeth-gnashing Mexican stereotypes a bit doesn't it? And yet I had no problem with it and I've never heard anyone complain about it. They also don't bash, say, John Turturro in The Big Lebowski since every college kid on Earth loves that movie to f***ing pieces and that's likely who watches/takes John Oliver seriously. I mean, based on some of the other instances they picked out, they obviously could have--they just don't want to. They went with the easy targets. (I also find it silly that they singled out Joel Edgerton who obviously isn't Egyptian, but didn't deserve "whoever the f*** this guy is," and while Ridley Scott didn't word his statement very sensitively, he's also probably sadly right.)
>>
nobody has ever said miley looks good
>>
This is just how people who spend all day on tumblr think because its all they know
>>
There's also Charlton Heston in Touch Of Evil. I've heard that one sneered at before, but don't remember Heston's performance really being *bad*, just a)upstaged by Orson Welles and b)did that character really have to be Mexican? It's been awhile since I saw the movie so I'm going to need Joe to help me out here.

I'm also sort of reminded of one instance when the obviously nonwhite Robert Rodriguez went ahead and had Willem Dafoe play the rich Mexican bad guy saying that he just wasn't interested in being Politically Correct and didn't care.

All the same, I have to give the protesters some valid points as well: all 20 acting nominees being white is admittedly quite pathetic. I haven't seen enough 2015 movies to know which minority performances this year were standouts but it certainly is a suspect thing.

But, due to the fact that I have admired a few white actors playing nonwhite roles over the years, I'm stuck in a grey area on the whole thing.
>>
No one is stopping black people from creating their own market. Why is it Whitey's fault for having their own movie studio's. Just more niggertry gibs.
>>
>>65628100
Only the biggest degenerate cucks think Miley is good.
>>65628200
>>
>>65628100
Nobody over the age of 12 has ever said those things about Miley Cyrus
>>
>>65628100
Who cares about celebrities?
How do people have time to worry about this?
That SJW pandering cuck John Oliver should be deported back to the UK.
>>
>>65628100
The proper term is Kikewashing
>>
>>65628100
But brown skin DOES look dirty?
>>
>>65629935

Because they are trying to push for more anti-white agendas to brainwash people. Its very dangerous imo

Trust me, people actually believe that demonizing whites for this is a logical thing
>>
>>65630170
i can confirm this
>>
>>65628100
>Whitewashing
Really kikes? All I've seen is blackwashing. Characters made black like that Star wars guy, black hermonie, black king Arthur, the list goes on. I see nogs taking white roles all the time, never the other way around. I fucking hate kikes so much
>>
>>65628100
Nobody who would say that about Miley would also say that about Zendaya or whatever her retarded name is.

I find it hard to believe 99% of the population would even say that about Miley period
>>
>>65628200
/bread
>>
>>65628100
Nobody has ever said either of those things. This person sounds insecure.
>>
I don't know anyone who respects Miley Cyrus.

Everyone knows Jews control Hollywood so they can promote and brainwash the masses with their Cultural Marxism.
>>
No; if anything, there is a blackwashing problem currently.
>>
>>65630354
Violation of Global Rule #3 (racism) - reported.
>>
>>65630625
don't forget the latest version of "cosmos" where they made all the animations of europeans look as though they were the color of mexicans.
>>
>>65628100
>John Oliver
>>
File: mulatfu5.png (513 KB, 638x633) Image search: [Google]
mulatfu5.png
513 KB, 638x633
>>65628100
Would racemix with Zendaya
>>
>>65630625
And another Global Rule #3 violation. You know, /pol/ doesn't have an exemption from that rule - you guys want to talk racism, go to /b/ or lobby for a change to the rules. Post reported.
>>
>muh microaggressions
>>
>>65631045
No, really, check the rules. Global Rule #3 applies here. Reported.
>>
>>65628100
>2:37
>chileans/argentines aren't white
laer si cigam emem
>>
>>65628100
>hollywood is stationed in california
>white people live in california
>white people act more
>white people are most of the population
>white people consume the most media

WHY ARE ALL THE ACTORS WHITE WAAAAAH
>>
File: wut.jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
31 KB, 480x360
>>65628100
White people are by far the most attractive people on the planet with only Asians in the ballpark. The point of Hollywood is to entertain, people want to see people like Emma Watson, Scarlet Johansson, Morena Baccarin and other hot actresses, not some uglyass sheboon shaking her wobbly ass.

I wouldn't call it white washing, I would call it "People just want to see what's the most visual appealing"
>>
I'm willing to bet
>she looks dirty
is in the top 5 things most often said about Miley Cyrus
>>
>>65631541
Global rule #3 violation (racism) reported.
>>
im thankful for miley because now as a canadian i no longer feel obligated to apologize to america for celine dion
>>
>>65631784
You're still not off the hook on Beiber
>>
>>65629061
Global rule #3 violation on grounds of racism - reported.
>>
>>65631945
>>65631673

B E A D Y
A N G L O
>>
>>65628100
they both look like shit
>>
>>65631261
Oh wow what will I ever do with Abdul reporting my post.
>>
>>65628100
"YOU CAST TOM CRUISE AS THE LAST SAMURAI ARE YOU SERIOUS FUCK YOU RACISTS"

>A colonial officer arrives in Japan to train the emperor's troops, but as the country systematically wipes out the samurai, he witnesses the contradictions of the legendary warriors.

typical libcuck cherrypicking and misleading to make an audience feel victimized and claim racism. Fuck this shit.
>>
File: Ernest_Everett_Just.jpg (52 KB, 212x288) Image search: [Google]
Ernest_Everett_Just.jpg
52 KB, 212x288
I did a calculation last year.
Let's say Hollywood reflects the USA and is 90% White. (Actually the USA is less than 90% White but w/e)
So what are the chances of all 20 acting Oscar noms being white? That's 0.9 ^ 20. That's 12.16%.
So last year, I was saying "Hey, that's reasonable. You would expect an all-White Oscar year every 8 years or so.
But what are the chances of all 20 actor noms being White... 2 years in a row?
That's 12.16% * 12.16%, which is 1.48%. You would expect it to happen once every 68 years.
Unless of course Hollywood is racist.
>>
>>65631261

>>65631261

Fuck off you fucking mudslime sympathizer faggot
>>
>>65631140

I'm talking against racism you stupid fuck
>>
>>65631258

Shes not all that
>>
All liberals are mentally ill
>>
>>65628100
you'll see it anyway
>>
>>65631945

Why do you care
>>
>>65628185
like i'm gonna read all that shit
>>
File: cblYPFF.jpg (657 KB, 1800x2700) Image search: [Google]
cblYPFF.jpg
657 KB, 1800x2700
>>65628100
>Miley is so creative
>Miley looks really good

Also only one person (Guiliana Rancic) attacked Zendaya's look and she ended up apologizing afterwards anyways.
>>
>>65635586
Zendaya is a typical fucking nigger. Fuck her
>>
File: othello.jpg (14 KB, 254x330) Image search: [Google]
othello.jpg
14 KB, 254x330
Isn't it funny though. One of the examples they gave was Sir Laurence Olivier playing Othello in blackface. And guess what? It is the singular finest performance of the character ever given, no one has ever topped it, black or white.
>>
>>65637362
>65637362

Remember when Dave Chapelle went in white face? Of course no one cares about that and its perfectly normal. but blackface? RACISM
>>
>>65631945
Fuck off
>>
>>65637516
While I agree that being mad about blackface is retarded, blackface as an issue stems from the old performances where whites would dress in black face specifically to mock by dancing around, being mamies and chasing white wimmins.
>>
>>65639242
So blacks get upset for an accurate portrayal?
>>
>movie costs money
>actors bring in money
>actor is cast

>actor
>acts like something they aren't

How is this bullshit still a controversy?
>>
>>65628100
I've yet to meet one person that had dreadlocks that didn't smell like a fucking corpse.
>>
That's not what whitewashing means really.

But then again, liberals be all

Definition:
"an arbitrary opinion I just spouted with the word 'literally' in front of it"
>>
>>65628100
>jew programmed miley
>>
No.
>>
>>65628100
Everyone making a big deal about this bullshit is a fucking retard. If you really think skincolour is such a big deal make your own goddamn movies with non-white actors.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 490x324) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 490x324
>>65631945
Jee,I wonder who could be behind this post...
>>
>>65642496
Remember that cultural marxists literally believe that there is no such thing as objective truth, and that everything you think is true is due to racism.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.