[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to live life as a real man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9
File: 1400833955290.jpg (192 KB, 1600x1232) Image search: [Google]
1400833955290.jpg
192 KB, 1600x1232
For olders /pol/acks out there, what advices would you give to young-ish men to do great in life?
I understand pretty much everything coming from the mass media is bullshit. I've been reading some philosophy/theology because I want to live as much as possible as a man, in a traditional sense.

/pol/ guide me, the politically correct way of thinking is making us weak.
>>
Provide for, respect and love your wife. Raise kids. Find the time to pursue your own interests.

This is no longer possible, women detest men who respect them.

Nowadays it's do whatever you want, but obey the law, don't get jewed, and treat all love / sex you encounter as a temporary thing to enjoy but never invest in.
>>
>>43881152
Ask your Grandpa or Dad
>>
>>43881152

This is what I've learnt:

>learn how to be handy, be it carpenter, plumber or mechanic
>learn how to protect yourself and loved ones
>say only what's needed, not just what's on your mind
>stand up for people who can't defend themselves
>learn as much as you can but don't brag about it
>keep a routine and practice stoicism
>avoid degeneracy
>be strong willed in everything you do
>>
>>43881624
You're right, I should ask my dad.
I'm also interested to know what strangers on the internet have to say.
>>
>>43881899
Thanks.
Any advice on being strong willed? For the very first time I've been losing motivation in my life, and i'm trying to get back on track. I know everything great comes with passion and strong will, so I'm trying to get it back.
>>
>>43881979

I'm not really sure. If I have to do something that might cause me to want to bail, I just remember that there are people out there who wouldn't bail and they aren't going to beat me. Think of yourself like a god or something.
>>
>>43881152
Pursue the highest level of education you are intellectually able to succeed at. Don't let people tell you degrees don't matter. They matter more than you can imagine, perhaps not immediately, but in terms of your long-term career prospects.

Learn how to do as much for yourself as possible. Learn how to cook, how to do home repairs, how to handle your investments, etc. Never hire anyone to do anything for you that you can do for yourself.

Be able to defend yourself and your property against any threat you're likely to encounter.

Eat right and stay fit enough that your health remains stable. Do not rely on doctors or pharmaceuticals when lifestyle changes can suffice to keep you healthy.
>>
>>43881899
My dad does all of these things except the stoicism. Carries a gun, is a carpenter, etc. He's hilarious though.
>>
>>43882181
Defend yourself as in learn a martial art?
>>
>>43882181
bretty gud
>>
>>43881152
Stop caring about the opinions of others, really it's that simple. Men have traditionally been seen as confident and assertive, doesn't mean you won't change your mind just means it's hard if you can't back it up. The weak pasty caricatures of men you commonly see are desperate shut ins craving for attention from the opposite gender or validation from society hence why they often congregate in feminist movements or the like. The definition of what consitutes as a man is varied among many cultures. The Japanese believes its obedience and respect of authority, for Americans is hardheadedness,Yankee audacity and my way or the high way. All of them are united by strong conviction in what they believe unlike the weak changing ideologies every night common in the left.
>>
>>43881152

NEVER get married.

If you want a son or daughter, knock up the right bitch and get custody of that little fucker and raise it right.

Part of the reason our society today is filled with limp wristed eunuch pussy "men" is because we are seeing the result of "men" being raised by the single mother trend that began in the 70's.

Women can't raise "men". They raise pussies.
>>
>>43882945
>stoicism
>hilarious

muh sides
>>
>>43881899

Yes only say what's needed, that's a good one. But not to your gf or wife
>>
>>43881152
If—
BY RUDYARD KIPLING

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!
>>
>>43881152
Work hard, especially as a lazy frenchman. The biggest problem with todays youth is that 20 hr week or 40 hr week is considered "hard" work. Back in the day, even up to the 90s, many men worked a 60-70 hour week. Remember, saturday isn't a god given rest day.
>>
>>43883593

Bullshit.

FUCK that.

Niggers working 60 hour weeks are fucking MISERABLE.

BTDT.
>>
>>43882181
>Never hire anyone to do anything for you that you can do for yourself.

bad advice. what is opportunity cost?
>>
>>43883875
You lose the opportunity to learn and develop your own skills and the loss of capital you would have invested
>>
>>43884181
>doesn't know the economic concept of opportunity cost
>answers to a rethoric question

ameritard, please go
>>
>>43881979
A lot of being strong willed comes to how much ambiguity you can tolerate. Someone who is weak willed often cannot tolerate the possibility of something going wrong, and can then be easily persuaded to do something stupid if someone promises them everything will work out if they do it. If you fully take into account the possibility of horrific consequences coming from every action you take, there's little that can dissuade you from what you think is the best thing to do.

Another important thing is what you think of yourself. The more you've dealt with difficult things, the more you trust yourself and will be willing to follow your own judgement. Similarly, the more morally sound you are in your judgement, the more you will trust yourself to do the right thing and hence the stronger your will will be,
>>
>>43884452
Are you implying that the opportunity to learn and develop your own skills and the loss of capital you would have invested isn't an opportunity cost as well?
>>
File: 1374455842605.jpg (978 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1374455842605.jpg
978 KB, 2560x1600
This has a ton of info.

http://www.arcitea.com/
>>
File: BQCH3M3.jpg (2 MB, 702x8549) Image search: [Google]
BQCH3M3.jpg
2 MB, 702x8549
>How to live life as a real man?

Have you even read the entire Iron Pill series?

LITERALLY everything you need to know.
>>
>>43885188
Nope I haven't, I thought it was just a meme around here.
I'm Christian, so I guess I should take the bread pill.
>>
File: wifii.jpg (292 KB, 1057x774) Image search: [Google]
wifii.jpg
292 KB, 1057x774
>>43883462
HOLY SHIT that was GREAT

Which book is this from ? I must know.
>>
>>43885667
It's not from a book. It's a poem by Rudyard Kipling.
>>
>>43885967
so he doesn't make any more of this stuff ?

Also, what book should I get to get into Stoicism ?
>>
>>43886084
Yes, he has made more. He's now dead but you can find any and all of his works online with a google search of his name.
>>
>>43886084
Marcus Aurelius' Meditations is pretty good
>>
>>43886138
Thanks, will definitely read it
>>
>>43883739
This. I've worked weeks like that at certain factory jobs and you can only physically and mentally handle it for so long. The turnover rate is atrocious, but management doesn't care because they have hundreds of temps waiting in line to replace you.
>>
File: how to date.png (85 KB, 1874x488) Image search: [Google]
how to date.png
85 KB, 1874x488
>>43881152
heres some advice anon
>>
>>43881152
Self-worth:
Always remember that your harshest yet justest judge is the man in the mirror. Never depend on others' judgements for a sense of fulfilment in life.

Relationships:
Marry a virgin but don't be a virgin yourself at that point. Always be the alpha in your relationship even if it causes an argument or two. Never be cruel to your partner: if the argument you won (and you absolutely must win every serious argument even if the cost of such victory is emotional devastation of the partner) ended in tears of your parter, soothe her after it instead of mocking for "being weak" or blaming for "being emotionally unstable".
Otherwise - be a gentleman for a lady, be a pimp for a whore. Your relationship behaviour should be the most flexible thing about you. Being static is being weak - women will exploit it.

Career:
The market is the only judge of your economic value - don't beg for a pay raise, go look for a better offer in the job market. If your employer matches it - good for him, if he doesn't - screw him.

Children:
Don't have any.

Friends:
Choose them wisely. Defend them blindly.

Self-defense:
When in doubt of the outcome, either run or go for the vitals. Sitting in the courtroom beats lying in the morgue.

Blood family:
May want to kill you over inheritance of a common ancestor. "Blood before bud" is a meme. You can't choose family, you can choose friends.
>>
>>43886740
>Children:
>Don't have any.
why ? isn't it important to continue your bloodline ? To leave your things to someone worthy after you're gone ?

>Friends:
>Choose them wisely. Defend them blindly.
Blindly, really ? However wise you are, people change, people stab you in the back, even your best friend will.
>>
>>43887830
>why ? isn't it important to continue your bloodline ? To leave your things to someone worthy after you're gone ?

I meant that I currently don't have any so can't offer any advice.

>Blindly, really ? However wise you are, people change, people stab you in the back, even your best friend will.

Be wise enough to see them change. Or be even wiser to prevent negative changes in them.
>>
>>43888007
>Be wise enough to see them change. Or be even wiser to prevent negative changes in them.
definition of easier said than done.
>prevent negative changes
Life is not a sitcom, I can't completely control people's lives and maintain their mind a certain way

I know what you're saying and what you mean, but I'm a realist and don't see this ever working out. Friends WILL betray you eventually, it's up to you how you'll take it and how vulnerable you are to their betrayal.
>>
>>43888118
>definition of easier said than done.
I've done it.

> Friends WILL betray you eventually, it's up to you how you'll take it and how vulnerable you are to their betrayal.
Never have just one friend. Have a circle. Then just make sure your other friends betray betrayers first. Together you can eliminate rotten parts from the whole.
>>
>>43888388
>rely on numbers, hope the majority will side with you instead of the traitor.

also not very realistic.
>>
>>43888007
>>Be wise enough to see them change. Or be even wiser to prevent negative changes in them.

>advice on life
>thinking you can change people

DROPPED

this is some naive kid shit, you cant change people only they can.
>>
>>43888498
>also not very realistic.
Actually worked for me in practice. As stated in my children answer I don't give advice on things I have no experience with.

>>43888514
>this is some naive kid shit, you cant change people only they can.
And how/why do people change? Through/due to experience. Create/adjust their experience.
>>
File: koh.jpg (81 KB, 460x320) Image search: [Google]
koh.jpg
81 KB, 460x320
>>43881899
that is your oath,
*smack*
and that is so you never forget it
>>
>>43888751
>And how/why do people change? Through/due to experience. Create/adjust their experience.

They always, ALWAYS relapse. If you are enough of an influence in their life where you are "controlling their experience" you will be the one picking up the pieces when things inevitably go wrong.

As i said investing that much time and effort into anyone but your kids is worthless, you will be used and walked all over. Dont give people second chances.

Being naive enough you think people will change is one of the biggest hurdles to overcome in life, there are billions on this planet dont invest in them invest in yourself.
>>
>>43885061

Opportunity cost of Time, friend
>>
>>43888914
That's your experience. Mine differs. Maybe I am luckier. Or maybe I am better than you. Regardless of the reason I give advise based on my personal experience.

>Dont give people second chances.
I don't. I just try to make sure that they won't even use the first one.

Aaand I'm off to bed. 2:37 here.
>>
>>43889244

Nope you are just naive, dont know why you are doling out advice here.
>>
always do what is necessary and possible. not more not less.
>>
File: ach_mein_gott.jpg (75 KB, 331x506) Image search: [Google]
ach_mein_gott.jpg
75 KB, 331x506
>>43886740
>children
>don't have any
Are you fucking kidding?
>2015
>not building/preparing to build a dynasty
You are the problem.
>>
Be aware that you WILL change...unless you're a fucking retard.

You will spend a lifetime accumulating information and experience about the behavior of your fellow man that can ONLY come with experience.

Change accordingly.
>>
>>43889718
read the thread, he meant he doesn't have any so he has no advice.
>>
>>43889750
Gott verdammt Nederlands.
>>
>>43889718
>all these niggers cross examining peoples advice

goddamnit hes not trying to put a case against you. hes just trying to put out a few words that might help. youre all being whiney little faggots. thats why 'you' people need help.
>>
File: 1422336147703.jpg (212 KB, 1260x736) Image search: [Google]
1422336147703.jpg
212 KB, 1260x736
>>
>>43886084
Kipling is long dead and reviled by lefties for racism imperialism and patriarchy. Read him well and learn well. I suggest gods of the copybook headers to start.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 350x220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 350x220
>>43889718
>you must have kids to live a sucessful life
>>
>>43891222
You must have kids to continue your bloodline, aka pretty much the purpose of organisms, not to mention "LEL KIDZ R WORTHLESS LEL I'M NEVER HAVING KIDS XD" is why whites are in trouble. Please have children for your race. Stupid people will always breed, it's up to us to create the good people of the future.
>>
>>43890442
always relevant
>>
>>43890442
more like this m8
>>
How to be a man: Stop taking absurd generalizations about manhood from a Vietnamese cleaning imageboard as wisdom.

The world is complicated, being a man is complicated, no one can teach you how to do it. All you can do is look at men you respect in your life and try to emulate what it is about them you respect. There is no magic bullet, there is no top ten list, there is no easy answer.

There is no such thing as a "Real Man".
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biiy1QAZY1s
>>
try new things
if you keep sticking to the old habits, new ones will be hard to form as you age
>>
>>43881979

most things are about what you do, not what you feel.

do the things you know are right to do, even if you're not "motivated" to do them.

women and children allow themselves to not do things because "they're not feeling it." Men don't get that luxury.
>>
>>43881152
Stoic philosophy is pretty neat. But honestly, the best thing you can do is go work a physically intensive job. Fencing, abattoir work, farm work, anything really. It'll teach you a lot, harden you up, and make you appreciate your free time.
>>
>>43881152
Suck as many cocks as possible and drink their semen to absorb their power.
>>
>>43883462

Invictus
by William Ernest Henley

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
>>
>never trust anybody
>act like you trust them but keep in mind they are all backstabbers
>when you're being asked, wait at least 5 seconds before you answer
>never ever ever use words like: please, sorry and so on
>act like you're always busy and you don't have time
>never ever justify yourself for others
>never tell people why you're doing something or why you did things
>when you leave somebody never go back to her/him. its fucking done
forever.
>never get too close to anybody and dont let them get too close to
you
>do not reveal anything about your personal life
>hide the feels at any cost
>If he/she is not giving information, dump her/him fast
>learn to play the game or you will get fucked really hard in life
>remember : nobody has the right to ask you about the things you do
>people = shit
>if anybody tried to mock you stare dead into their eyes in silence
as long as possible
>act like youre not listening
>if you know someone whos a total piece of shit try to take down
their self-esteem in any possible way
>never talk about religion, politics, or lifestyle choices with
anyone.
>Never get in any form of discussion with people
>keep your power level hidden at all times
>never take what anyone says at face value. look for hidden
motivations which drive their actions.
>never have an outburst of emotion in public or in the workplace,
>enjoy time spent alone, because you will be craving it the very
soon after you lose it.
>Delete all social network accounts right now
>Do not update
>Stop trying to impress people
>if you met a girl and said to yourself "shes different" stop right
there because youre making a horrible mistake
>never expect anything more then a pump and dump out of women
>if you develop feelings for a girl and she knows it you will become
her slave over time
>females only care about what you can offer them AT THE CURRENT
MOMENT
>>
>Always act like you have a purpose, and always dress like you have somewhere important to go
>never discuss drugs, even if you love doing drugs.
>Just don't, it makes you look like some cuntish hippy loser, to talk about drugs
>just snort your coke and shut the fuck up
>dont get hangups or talk shit while you are on drugs
>women love that kind of a man. You just look like some droput
twatty kid if you keep saying "Oh wow man the colours, oh wow ecstasy is so cooool"
>get a woman into bed, fuck her on coke and dance with her on ecstasy.
>Dont try to make friends with other guys and if other guys try to talk to your woman,
>drink some more vodka and act like you dont give a fuck. Just act cool like you dont care if the bitch is with you or not
>>
>>43881152
>emulating older men who browse /pol/
why?
>>
>>43881152
Be yourself

Don't listen to the media

Don't listen to your parents

Definitely don't listen to /pol/

Listen to your heart and do what you know is right
>>
>>43881979
>Any advice on being strong willed?

It's not in your constitution, Pierre
>>
>>43881979
the replies to this are good. Your feelings are not real, they're a response to what you experience. They're a reflection of reality, not reality. If you're likely to give up on things because you feel tired, chances are that you're not actually so tired that you are incapable of doing that thing, it's just what you're used to.

Not that people should ignore their emotions and physical sensations, as they guide all of your actions and thoughts, but you should absolutely 100% spend time focusing on what you feel and why, and how much that actually means to you in order to get a true sense of maturity. Picture some 12 year old getting mad about getting a samsung instead of an iphone, or whatever, and how fucking petty that seems. If you work on this and get a true sense of yourself, then you'll start to see similar things like thsi that you used to care about or get angry about which now seem just like immature and incredibly petty things.

Also, discipline is a skill. Militaries drill constantly to teach discipline. Practicing it makes you better at it. Some kids, for example those who have two great parents, start learning and practicing discipline from before they can even walk up until they're fully mature adults and beyond. Some kids don't at all, or start later. Habits are incredibly strong, and learning habitual behavior when you're small like good hygiene, or a good work ethic, makes difficult or tedious work feel effortless if it's ingrained enough.

I've actually sat down and wrote out things I've done so that I can analyze it later and it made me much more aware of small habits I didn't even notice I was doing, like a morning routine, or wasting time doing something I didn't care about, or how the way I prepared coffee every day actually affected my posture a little.

You can spend your whole life learning amazing things about yourself. Don't ever stop doing it.
>>
>>43885061
other people not understanding this is why America is so much better than the rest of the world, my fellow burger
>>
>>43883875
>what is opportunity cost
A myth that shouldn't leave Econ 101 class, generally.

Unless you're working all your waking hours in your primary career, you aren't losing anything but idle leisure time by doing things for yourself.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.