[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marissa Mayer, Yahoo and the Cult of Female "Affirmative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: imgres-14.jpg (10 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
imgres-14.jpg
10 KB, 284x177
I like Marissa Mayer. She's pretty, seems nice, is probably a good fuck and would make a good wife with a part time vanity job and doing charity shit.
I used to believe that wealthy people and Jews, esp. Jews, spouted their bullshit about "gender equality" for the Goyim but would never actually risk their money with the insanity. But Marissa Mayer and that Carlie Fiorina (woman fired from HP running for president) are proof that our elites now literally believe their own bullshit to where some are ready to go broke for it.
Look at Yahoo's stock and just the shit they've brought in. It's basically a penny stock now and she STILL has a job after three years at it. She may be a better programmer/coder than I ever could. She also lists her favorite TV shows as "Scandal" and "Grey's Anatomy."
Woman cannot and should not be running companies. She's just about to get shit-canned, bc apparently she doesn't even have the common sense to read the paper each day and get the message the Jew shareholdrs are sending her ("Resign!"). But I have to admit, we've taken a new turn in our fall down the rabbit hole.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2015/12/02/marissa-mayer-yahoo-ceo-alibaba-starboard/76065058/
>>
I don't know much about this woman's career and am happily a complete outsider to the San Francisco hipster, tech world bullshit. I know she was one of the early workers at google, went to stanford, and that the media has promoted the shit out of her. Does anyone have 3rd hand gossip about how working at yahoo has changed since she took over?
>>
File: stock.png (30 KB, 888x398) Image search: [Google]
stock.png
30 KB, 888x398
Yahoo was in trouble even before Mayer because Google completely squeezed them out. They peaked in the dotcom bubble (to their credit they did survive) but have been treading water while other companies have exploded

If you actually look at Yahoo's stock before she became CEO it was under-performing and she did well for 2 years but 2015 has been a slump

> Yahoo declined to comment on whether the board was holding a series of meetings on the potential sale of its Internet business, which was reported by The Wall Street Journal on Tuesday.

The board wants to cash out before it declines to the prices before she was CEO. Can't blame the board for wanting to cash out while its relatively high rather than risk her being able to turn it around.
>>
I keep hearing that same line, but Yahoo stock did well on the promise this wunderkind female CEO who had finally broken the glass ceiling and all these great promises of what a genius she was, her picture on Fortune, Vogue, etc..
What has she done with yahoo? Changed the email format slightly, hired Katie fucking Couric for 10 mill a year... can you honestly tell me that if she wasn't a cute girl, she'd be where she is? I'll never buy it. She became CEO, within a year was knocked up and is now knocked up again.
Basically, it was taboo for analysts to shit on google and tell the truth bc it made you a "misogynist." Now that the whole gig is falling apart, now that they can't hide the fuckups and she's knocked up AGAIN, now the stock is going to shit.
Basically, they created a bubble on the gimmick of this young female CEO who never should have been there in the first place.
>>
File: stock.png (29 KB, 864x338) Image search: [Google]
stock.png
29 KB, 864x338
>>57361790

heres a longer chart with Yahoo's history
>>
"*"Shit on YAHOO, not "google"
>>
>>57362041

The entirety of the stock rose during her reign has been due to Yahoo's holdings in Alibaba and Yahoo Japan appreciating like crazy (particularly the former). Yahoo Core (the entity which she actually controls) is virtually worthless

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-12-02/yahoo-is-looking-for-a-new-way-around-alibaba-taxes
>>
But she gets paid enough that she should be on top of this to where the stock SHOULD BE going up. I couldn't tell you today exactly what yahoo wants to be as a company. They're no longer viable as a search engine, they don't build hardware, they'd put a foot into some sort of media production and it has tanked...a woman cannot be pregnant, run a company, and do anything as far as....a job like that needs someone like Jobs who is a prick and an obsessive. How do you pick a 37 year old as your new CEO, pay her a shitload of money, and she goes and gets knocked up?
I think the reason yahoo still has any sort of value left is bc it would be seen as socially unacceptable to start a huge selloff.
she was already rich from google, she wanted to have a family. Which is fine, good. But why fuck up an entire company for your personal decisions when you don't want that lifestyle?
>>
>>57362016

>Basically, it was taboo for analysts to shit on yahoo and tell the truth bc it made you a "misogynist."
I don't disagree she got a ton of good press just because she was a female CEO in silicon valley but stock analysts only care about the bottom line and the performance of the company and there were plenty of articles shitting on Yahoo (and rightfully so).

>Basically, they created a bubble on the gimmick of this young female CEO who never should have been there in the first place.

that isn't how a bubble is created. >>57362241 is correct about their Alibaba holdings contributing significantly to their stock speculation since it was a discount way to purchase into Alibaba without directly purchasing Alibaba

>>57362241
>Yahoo Core (the entity which she actually controls) is virtually worthless

As CEO she is fiscally responsible for the entire company but I agree Yahoo Core is irrelevant at this point. They peaked in the dotcom bubble and were ok in the mid 2000s but once Google became a juggernaut it was over for their core business.

If you want to be honest I don't know who could save the company besides gutting it for a sale (which is what the board wants to do at this point I bet).
>>
>>57361307

apparently fucking your way to the top doesn't prepare you to run a global corporation

ahem, carly fiorina
>>
>>57362361
> I couldn't tell you today exactly what yahoo wants to be as a company. They're no longer viable as a search engine, they don't build hardware, they'd put a foot into some sort of media production and it has tanked

You aren't wrong.

>I think the reason yahoo still has any sort of value left is bc it would be seen as socially unacceptable to start a huge selloff.

haha if you think feels plays into whether financial firms are going to hold or sell off an investment. its like people who say "i would NEVER own baby murder defense contractor stock" but you can bet your ass stocks like Lockheed Martin, Boeing and Raytheon are good performers
>>
File: shillary.webm (3 MB, 1129x731) Image search: [Google]
shillary.webm
3 MB, 1129x731
>>57361307
germany here

don't elect a female president

sincerely germany
>>
I freely admit to being a financial retard and to sending off all my stuff to a nest of jew and guinea accounts who probably rob me blind. But could anyone tell me what she's actually done?
any other big tech company, I can identify them with a service or a product. I've seen some sort of halfway forays into entertainment media, which seem to have bombed.
If you put yourself in her position, wouldn't you be waking up with a panic attack every morning and rushing in to work, and wouldn't be knocked up again the LAST thing you want to do?
Don't get it.
>>
>>57362706
Yes, but the rich people she fucked got to have sex. Which is why they worked to get rich in the first place. So, it was all worth it.
>>
>>57362890
I would have pivoted the company into a sharing service and invested heavily in social media.
Would it have worked? Fuck if I know, but it's better than doing nothing when you have a well known brand name to leverage.
>>
If you went to an.."upper tier" school (whatever that even means anymore with black lives matter destroying every reputation), you'd usually hear some sort of gossip from talkative/jealous stanford people about x or y "fucking her way to the top." Never have heard that about her. Which doesn't mean it didn't happen. But the whole vogue shoot, the 1st and now second pregnancies....just reeks of a sort of selfishness that no company would tolerate from a man.
>>
>>57361307
Pretty dumb if you think mayer is the cause of yahoos demise.

If you think that she was going to be able to turn it around in 3 years you're just retarded
>>
>>57362846
You must be glad yours is male.
>>
>>57362890
>I freely admit to being a financial retard and to sending off all my stuff to a nest of jew and guinea accounts who probably rob me blind. But could anyone tell me what she's actually done? any other big tech company, I can identify them with a service or a product. I've seen some sort of halfway forays into entertainment media, which seem to have bombed.

She bought Tumblr for 1.1 billion which is about it for acquisitions (I have no idea how she plans to monetize it but thats silicon valley for you currently). She did trim fat from the company but otherwise she just kept Yahoo treading water like the last 15 years of CEOs

She was criticized for implementing a bell curve (stack ranking) for employees which was a famous tactic of Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.

>If you put yourself in her position, wouldn't you be waking up with a panic attack every morning and rushing in to work, and wouldn't be knocked up again the LAST thing you want to do?
If I was the CEO of Yahoo and told I have to not only grow the company but steal marketshare from Google I would wake up every morning in a panic attack.
>>
>>57362897

no, that's not how it works

a healthy society does not run companies with its dick
>>
>>57363346
I could well be retarded, and maybe the buzz generated by a young, cute female CEO kept yahoo alive for longer than it would have been.
I just come from a world where men have been expected to work 6 day weeks and leave on the 645 train and come back after 9 or 10 pm.
If you know a doctor who's a friend and somewhat normal, he'll tell you that hormonal functions in pregnancy make already emotional women completely over the top to where they're actually irrational.
But it's definitely form of AA because she's a young, cute girl. With the amount of publicity she's had the past few years, you'd think yahoo was having record profits.
I saw an article featuring her home the other day and I wonder how all the people there about to get shit-canned fell about her on the cover of vogue and having to get memos/take direction from her. Would rather literally be on the dole.
>>
>>57364666
>I could well be retarded, and maybe the buzz generated by a young, cute female CEO kept yahoo alive for longer than it would have been.

I doubt it. The best case is it gave them plenty of media buzz and free PR from agencies doing news stories on her but if the health of the company depended on a PR campaign its already doomed.

>I saw an article featuring her home the other day and I wonder how all the people there about to get shit-canned fell about her on the cover of vogue and having to get memos/take direction from her.

this isn't a unique problem to her, CEOs get a golden parachute even if they leave the company in ruins as long as it wasn't criminal (and most of the time when it is criminal).
>>
>>57365527
Yes, CEOs get Golden Parachutes. but in my experience of that world, even when they are golfing, drinking, whatever, they're talking about business and do work their asses off. How does a woman with a newborn work her ass off while also getting ready for vogue cover shoots?
>>
she seems fine to me

I remember when she got hired feminists were butthurt about something she did so I like her instinctively
>>
>>57366352

If you want to get pedantic the people who are responsible for the CEO are the Board of Directors of Yahoo who are the ones who appointed her to the position in the first place. CEOs serve at the leisure of the Board and they ultimately are the ones responsible for her decision from a business standpoint and their personal financial stake.

If she isn't doing her job it is on the board to discipline or fire her.
>>
It is common knowledge in Silicon Valley, when your company starts doing affirmative action hires, it is time to cash in your stock options and leave to begin that start up you have been working on.

Once females and blacks get hired, many of the best workers just leave. Nobody likes having to do the heavy lifting while the dead weight do nothing all day, or even worse slow things down actually doing damage.
>>
>>57366409
Yes but your still buying into the feminist paradigm. She got her job bc she's cute and young (by standards of big CEO appointments). I agree, she's cute and fuckable. But is that enough to run a multi-bullion dollar country now?
>>
File: 1448516217511.gif (13 KB, 504x566) Image search: [Google]
1448516217511.gif
13 KB, 504x566
>>57361307

>mfw I bought thousands of shares when Yhoo really was a penny stock

>mfw sold at $45
>>
>>57361307
>http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2015/12/02/marissa-mayer-yahoo-ceo-alibaba-starboard/76065058/

>$32b in market cap
>a fucking penny stock
>>
>>57362361
they sell data you fucktard
that's their sole core business
data mining and selling
>>
Carol Bartz never got the fanfare Mayer got.
>>
>>57369019
Sure...that's why every paper in the world is saying it's time for her to quit.
>>
still miss yahoo cams and the global chat rooms. That's when yahoo was king. all those Thai and flip whores.
>>
File: yahoo.png (117 KB, 1642x938) Image search: [Google]
yahoo.png
117 KB, 1642x938
Yahoo and women.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.