[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why Are You Homeless, Scumbag?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 4a8259427562956.jpg (22 KB, 682x302) Image search: [Google]
4a8259427562956.jpg
22 KB, 682x302
Do you think homeless people are generally to blame for their situation or is it mostly due to factors beyond their control?

Bill Bratton, NYPD Commissioner said recently that there'd be less panhandling if people stopped giving money to the homeless.

US homelessness is falling, but it's rising in NYC.
>>
>>56793009
You know what's really interesting?

>Costs the government a fortune to take care of the homeless
>They sleep out in the elements
>Have almost non-existent diets
>Drink copious amounts of alcohol or are drug addicts
>Due to their circumstances they're constantly sick or injured
>State has to foot the bill
>Homeless will commit crimes during the winter if it's too cold purely so they can go to jail, get fed and be warm
>It would actually cost less to rehouse and employ these people
>In the long run the government would actually make more by the increase in taxes paid by working people who were homeless
>This isn't a viable option though because it would take time, money, effort and actual work to achieve
>Just delay the problem instead and find housing for the refugees who come over

This is true for any first world country.
>>
>>56793724
I don't want solutions, I want results, and they better include equality.
>>
Most of it is poor treatment for mental illness
>>
>>56793955
If you tell everyone they have a mental illness when they get sad and they need time off work pretty soon your economy would collapse.
>>
>>56794068
have you ever seen a lady with 30,000 bags full of garbage yelling at a bus stop sign for 45 minutes in real life before?

because i have
>>
File: 1369826933568.png (394 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1369826933568.png
394 KB, 720x480
>>56793009
Homeless make huge money in NYC. Especially the ones that nab the good spots like Times Square/Grand Central subway, etc. where thousands of people cross through every day. Even if only one in every 20 people gives you money you're making a very nice hourly wage.

Then you've got the ones that walk between the train cars which is great, they have a captive audience desperate to avoid the judgment of strangers.

When I was growing up here I remember there used to be a lot of acts. A capella groups, magic tricks or just your usual sob story. Nowadays they don't even bother to try anymore, just walk through the train jingling their cup, wearing nice new sneakers.

Doesn't matter since idiot transplants from the flyover states who came to NYC after watching Sex and the City will still throw money at them because they think that's what "real New Yorkers" do. I hate them so fucking much.
>>
>>56793009
I'd say most long term homeless are homeless because of their own choices.
I don't know how it is in murica or bongistan, but here we have tons of shit jobs nobody wants that even a desperate homeless faggot could get and be paid for.
>>
>>56794366
They spend the money on heroin.
>>
>>56794414
Good for them. I'm considering it myself since all I have to do is make a shitty cardboard sign and sit on my ass all day, then shoot up and eat gourmet cookies from the dumpster
>>
>>56793009
Every fucking hobo I've asked about this has either spit me, told me to fuck off right before chugging booze, or laughed and told me he likes it in the street.
>>56793724
If only the government were at least fully lazy and let them rot.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.