[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Humanity needs war. When we go through extended times of peace
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: big_boss_1_877.jpg (110 KB, 340x435) Image search: [Google]
big_boss_1_877.jpg
110 KB, 340x435
Humanity needs war. When we go through extended times of peace (like we are now), we become very fragile. We run out of things to complain about, so we create a huge fuss over non-issues. This explains the rise of SJWs over recent years. When we're at war, the average person fears more for their life and thinks more rationally. When you take away this fear, it breeds degeneracy.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>56590084
>Prove me wrong.
Never. Nations need to have a focus on victory.
>>
>>56590084
One of the most red pilled things I've read on this site
>>
File: th (1).jpg (17 KB, 352x480) Image search: [Google]
th (1).jpg
17 KB, 352x480
>>56590084
I do agree to an extent. There have been exceptions though.

The French got pretty degenerate from the 1600's through the 1800's until Napoleon. They were in an almost constant state of war through that time.

The Romans were certainly in a constant state of war throughout their existence save a few periods of relative calm in the empire. Their decent into decadence and degeneracy is well documented.

I think the real cause is when there becomes a great divide between the fighting men and the civilian populace, especially what is considered the "intellectual" class.

>"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
>-Thucydides

That quote sums it up perfectly, but the ramifications you spoke of can find their source there as well, in my opinion.
>>
>>56590539
>>56590084
Humans are meant to quarrel, I'm sure you'll be talking about the necessities of war when you're being blown up.
>>
File: Epée_Joyeuse.jpg (1 MB, 2627x1808) Image search: [Google]
Epée_Joyeuse.jpg
1 MB, 2627x1808
>>56591651
I was in the military and I saw combat, what I said still stands. War is hell and not glorious, but for any society to be glorious is must have a strong warlike vein and posses, at least, the capability to maintain a degree of militancy.
>>
>>56590084
> we run out of things to complain about
Haven't been with a women for a long time , eh lad ?
>>
File: charlie_day_Photo15.jpg (52 KB, 1275x713) Image search: [Google]
charlie_day_Photo15.jpg
52 KB, 1275x713
>>56592450
Nice shitpost Belgium...
>>
I agree. It's time for a fight to whip us all back into shape. We've got a society that tries to pretend war and violence will just go away because we don't like them, but humanity will always fight. There will always be warlike people and you'll have to stand up for yourself against them at some point.

I welcome it. I sense a major event in the near future that'll spark a big conflict. Tensions between nations, religions and races seem to be climbing higher and higher the past few years. I eagerly anticipate the future.
>>
What do you think is happening in the middle east and ukraine retard
>>
>>56593163
Why stop there? A WW3 would be an excellent reality check for the whole world.
>>
Well I hope you're ready for a long slide into degeneracy since a major war won't happen for another 100 years, and ww3 will never happen at all.

The establishment is perfectly ok with the populace becoming sjw retards while the normal straight white men get forever thrown into the meat grinder of war.
>>
>>56590084
You're absolutely right. Moreover, the cowardly have been leading a constant war against our civilians for decades. Time for a reckoning, all bets off.
>>
>>56593163
>proxy wars

Not the same thing
>>
>>56593426
>if it doesnt affect me its not a real war
>>
>>56590084
Fuck you! I can't prove you wrong.
>>
You gotta keep your eyes on the prize. That prize is the best possible future for YOUR children.

Sadly our eyes have all but lost sight of the prize.
>>
>>56591313
'The French got pretty degenerate from the 1600's through the 1800's until Napoleon.'

The french are the definition of degeneracy.
>>
Op is right post WWII America was pretty based, you could buy a house a car and marry a qt home maker with a job you got right out of high school
>>
>>56593380
>100
Nah, I'll give it 20 at the most.
>>
>>56590084
Sure its all fun and games as long as you are on the winning side.

You would love to have your sister/daughter/whoever else gang raped and murdered by invading soldiers? Do you really think that shit is better than listening to the occassional two-minute whining of the libtards?
Fuckin retarded shithead.

>When we're at war, the average person
goes batshit crazy.
>>
>>56593693
Slovenia knows what's up.
>>
>>56591313
>"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

that's a fucking great quote, saved.
>>
Why do you think Sweden is like it is today? It's because we've had peace for over 200 years, longer than anyone else. It especialy fucked us up since Sweden was originaly built on war, we were constantly fighting with our neighbors until 1812
>>
>>56591313
>I think the real cause is when there becomes a great divide between the fighting men and the civilian populace, especially what is considered the "intellectual" class.
>-Thucydides

That's some top quality knowledge there lad.
>>
>>56593884
Well meme'd faggot
>>
>>56594015
Switzerland isn't as degenerate as you
>>
>>56590084
>Humanity needs war. When we go through extended times of peace (like we are now), we become very fragile. We run out of things to complain about, so we create a huge fuss over non-issues.
You know, the inner party (1984) thought similarly.

Worth a read, if you haven't already.
>>
War is a Racket
>>
>>56594193
How long have they had peace?
>>
>>56594301
Since 1815. There was a very small civil war in 1847.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 501x504) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 501x504
>>56590084
>anglo trying to start war
Kill yourself evil spawn
>>
>>56594436
fuck off gypsie
sandniggers are trying to start war, and drag us in with nato, not us
>>
>>56594060
thats why the athenians are still around, right? greece has no power over them and they are still a city state?
>>
File: Vindel Mauser.png (118 KB, 298x286) Image search: [Google]
Vindel Mauser.png
118 KB, 298x286
>>56590084
What you are saying is similar to what this guy says. Except replace degeneracy with lack of technological progress.
>>
File: 1441897762190.jpg (65 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
1441897762190.jpg
65 KB, 640x426
Humanity needs a real enemy, not just a reason to chase the dollar so hard you fall down and go boom like in Vietnam.

Without a legitimate threat to mankind's safety net we will only receive fake wars that are as effective towards curing degeneracy as sugar pills are at curing gangrene.

We either need a common enemy or a common goal.
>>
>>56594060
>>56593900
"The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards." Sir William Francis Butler.

Not Thucydides.
>>
File: adrian carton de wiart.jpg (5 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
adrian carton de wiart.jpg
5 KB, 150x150
>>56590084
"Frankly, I enjoyed the war"
>>
It's not specifically war, but a great danger to humanity all together.
Any threat that is bigger than we are, will force us to come together at our best and break barriers to overcome the obstacle. This energy dwindles out if not exercised in a proper rhythm.
>>
>>56590084
War leads to what is seen as progress. Without WW1 women would not have been empowered in the same way, and the roaring 20's would not have happened.

Without WW2 America would not have become the superpower that it did.

I mean both sound pretty good initially, but when you look at the long term repercussions, I'm not sure.

I used to think war was necessary, and humans had to struggle in order for there to be a positive change afterwards. Now I'm undecided.
>>
>>56590084
War was a necessity throughout history a method of population control (along with famine and disease). Now it is no longer the case, technology has rendered such concerns obsolete.
>>
You're mixing "Humanity" with The West.
>>
>>56598685
To the West, only they are humans. It's centuries-old conceit.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.