[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You guys heard about that yoga class being shut down for "cultural
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10
File: aporportaporaitionation.png (24 KB, 485x316) Image search: [Google]
aporportaporaitionation.png
24 KB, 485x316
You guys heard about that yoga class being shut down for "cultural appropriation" right? well I just saw this on my shitbook, how do I refute?
>>
>>56564185
help me out fampai
>>
>>56564185

three avenues I spot immediately, not sorted by ultimate quality because I'm a drunken degenerate:

>it took me 10 minutes yall!!!!!
"do you say yall normally - hasn't this just been stolen from southern US culture, culture that has mostly been transported to canada via african american hip hop?"

***"How arrogant can you be to think that I have 10 minutes to spare. I'm a working class [whatever] who can barely feed myself. Yoga classes are a great way for me to blow off stress and now I have to travel across the city to a different place to keep you happy? What happened to fighting for the working poor?"

>materialist consumption of culture
"I connected with Hindu culture years ago from a guy who was taught in India by a Hindi. He was even given a blessing to teach us here in the west. What's the problem again? Why do you think you can erase his voice with this empty rhetoric? An actual Yogi from India [Insert Indian Name] has visited our center several times over the past decades to teach our courses. Him and our Yogi are great friends!"

>how much $$$ at fag-place goes to poo'n'loo
"This is just slimy. They keep educating us in the west on ancient non-west traditions. Do you think money flows from your temple to India? Can you prove it?"

***probably the best one, I think it hits their rhetoric the hardest.
>>
>>56564185

>mfw MMA hasn't been shut down for the cultural appropriation of martial arts
>>
>>56564185
It's an abstract kind of triggered that I am feeling right now. I mean I don't give a fuck, but still, that language. Fuck.
>>
>>56564185
Yes, flooding a Hindu temple with a hundred preppy white cunts isn't an invasion of their safe space or anything.

Just descend on their temple with Starbucks and ugg boots with the utmost respect.
>>
File: 1381327532110.png (217 KB, 501x648) Image search: [Google]
1381327532110.png
217 KB, 501x648
>Free yoga classes are now unacceptable to the SJW moron machine

You should encourage this as much as possible. Not only is it hilarious, but there's literally no defense for it that doesn't sound like it came from an 85 year old lesbian feminist with 14 cats.

Push the pendulum, boys!
>>
>>56564185
>free classes
>materialist capitalist empire
>>
>>56564185
Focus on the positives of that yoga class, and that the people attending it are becoming healthier without harming other people. Not all things in life have to be focused around supporting "oppressed" cultures.
>>
>>56564185
>the white supremacist society we live in

if only...
>>
>>56564185
>canada is great! people of all background and culture can coexist together! diversity makes our strength!
>dont you dare appropriate someone else's culture you white nazi
fuckin kill them all
>>
>keeping an ancient form of excercise alive is culturally harmful
Yoga's gay and all but goddamn these PC fags are too much.

Also OP is a faggot shill
>>
Holy shit, forget Mexico

Canada wall NOW
>>
>>56567548

Hey Estonia if my marriage somehow fails I'm coming to live with you.

Can a white westerner with a bachelors and loads of experience in marketing, advertising design and project management find work there?

I don't like vodka though (whiskey all day), is that a deal-breaker?
>>
Can you appropriate white culture or is it impossible for minorities to appropriate other cultures? It's getting kind of confusing to me.
>>
I want to get off this ride
>>
>>56567825
White people can't be victims of anything if you follow SJW thinking.

We are the original sin and must be eradicated so that ______ can come in and replace us, leading to world peace.
>>
>you can't culturally appropriate physical exercises that are practiced on the indian subcontinent, you raciss
>but they can culturally appropriate all the concepts of medicine, science, technology and literature that white people have built, you raciss those belong to ALL MANKIND

a case of !PRAISEDIVERSITY drones being so over-programmed they've become incoherent and crashed
>>
File: kyphosis.jpg (14 KB, 316x271) Image search: [Google]
kyphosis.jpg
14 KB, 316x271
i'm white, but i'm still gonna practice yoga to correct my kyphosis.

if that makes me a cross-burning klanman, so be it.
>>
File: 1428599869942.jpg (170 KB, 1312x900) Image search: [Google]
1428599869942.jpg
170 KB, 1312x900
>>56568041
>White people can't be victims of anything if you follow SJW thinking.
That way of thinking is too hard for me. I need more diversity courses.
>>
>>56564185
Start your own yoga class to replace the one that was shut down.
Charge a buck less than the Indian temple or whatever.
You'll make a killing.
>>
>>56567501
Holy shit, I just think I figured out what all these retards' problems are. SJW definition of capitalism is "Having to pay for things you need insead of things you want."
>>
This whole cultural appropriation thing is retarded.

I thought we were supposed to be a multi-cultural society. not a fractured collection of different and separate cultures.

SJWs can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>56568555
>>56568473
the yoga classes at the university were going to be free.
>>
>>56568473
The classes at the pooloo temple are free fampai.

You can probably charge for the classes because people actually prefer premium classes over free shit.
>>
>>56564185
Yoga has literally been around in it's current form since like the '60s, it's hardly been ingrained for generations. Fucking mongs.
>>
my culture invented not being poor. you're not allowed to do that anymore.
>>
>>56568637
Really? Why the bit about ending poverty in India at the end then? At any rate, I think my analysis holds. If you didn't have to pay rent or buy groceries from the white supremacists you'd have plenty of money to donate to poor brown people.
>>
>>56564185
Whats funny is that cunt prolly doesnt know that there are many different types of yoga, some making you hold the position for an hour or more
>>
>>56568580
De-segregation was a mistake.
>>
File: 1444709306782.jpg (52 KB, 351x364) Image search: [Google]
1444709306782.jpg
52 KB, 351x364
>>56564185
>>56564383
That shit made me so fucking mad. I used to do yoga 2 years ago and it was nothing but fine ass college white cuties, and the instructors were sexy as fuck as well. Hopefully they don't get hit with the moron
>>
Start a new yoga class at the university and charge one dollar a lesson and mail the money to india. Problemo solvedo. (Make sure the sjws see you doing this)
>>
>>56568921
>Really?
It says so in the post.

>Why the bit about ending poverty in India at the end then?
Retardation

>If you didn't have to pay rent or buy groceries from the white supremacists you'd have plenty of money to donate to poor brown people.
Your analysis applies to you and a very small minority.
>>
>>56564185

1. Print out her pictures
2. Take photo of you cumming on her 'face'
3. Upload to that post
>>
>>56569112
Oh and ask them if they've donated to India recently. If they say no give them a dirty look and say, "guess some of us have forgotten about our brothers and sisters living in poverty". Guaranteed tears.
>>
>>56569136
>implying I have a problem with capitalism
Well, you're probably right; SJWs probably don't have an actual reason to hate capitalism.
>>
>>56564185
>>56564185
culture and healthy excercise belong to everyone. They are not the patrimony of any race.

White people have been practicing and teaching yoga for nearly 100 years now, so some aspects of heir practice are going to differ from what is done in india. There is nothing wrong with this. Free yoga classes have nothing to do with capitalist materialism.

The idea that only ethnic indians can or should practice authentic yoga is blatant racism, and totally ignorant.
>>
>>56564185
What's this "Lulu Lemon" they are talking about? Can't be the cancelled yoga course because it was free (as stated at the top of this post).
>>
>>56564185

That kind of "Yoga" isn't Indian. It's based on european gymnastics. It was invented by an indian yogi who died not too long ago, but as I understand it he developed it mainly to be taught in the west.
>>
>>56569478
>"Lulu Lemon"
Tight pants for women, typically worn during yoga in the US. Can be sexy. It's a brand name, probably expensive.
>>
>>56564185
Ask her if you can only go to car dealerships owned by whites or if an Italian restaurant has to be only Italians, may then move over to only Germans living in Germany or Japs in chinkyland
>>
>>56569080
to be fair they are trying to incorporate segregation again
>>
File: Chen.png (250 KB, 680x500) Image search: [Google]
Chen.png
250 KB, 680x500
>>56564185
"Cultural appropriation" is a shaming word used by chauvinists who want to prevent the spread of cultures other than their own.
>>
>>56569527
Yeah current yoga owes as much to white people as it does Indians. It's like British calisthenics. Two cultures came together and combined some things people enjoy that when practiced make them healthier and more mindful. Let's protest it to end racism.
>>
>>56564185
>free yoga class at uni
>how much do you spend at lulu lemon?
Call her out on that and watch her unfold a myriad of mental gymnastics. And post updates.
>>
>>56564185
Is classes are free, none of the money goes towards ending poverty. Lol.

This cunt is white. Tell her to do yoga at the gym instead of trying to get her white hipster friends to freeload off some hindu temple for PC multiculti points.
>>
>>56564185

>how do I refute?

It refutes itself through its mind-numbing stupidity.
>>
>>56564185
>well I just saw this on my shitbook, how do I refute?

You can do one of the following:

1.Do not engage! Get the fuck off of shitbook and don't argue with retards on the internet.

2. The idea that a yoga class is appropriating and marginalizing Hindu culture just because it's taught at a college is, in and of itself racist. Especially when you consider, as the faggot in your pic does, that the people not doing at a Hindu temple are all shallow materialist stereotypes because they're white. Even more egregious is the baseless assertion that capitalism is wrong despite being demonstrably the most viable and successful economic system in history.

Furthermore, assuming that the faggot in your pic is white or in fact any other race than Indian, who gave them the authority to determine what ways do and do not properly appreciate a culture? Who gave them the authority to speak as a representative for all members of the Indian culture or the whites that they assert are vapidly marginalizing said Indians? No one did, because they're a pretentious racist.

Finally that little crack about Lulu Lemon and helping poverty in India is super racist against whites (if they pull the power + privilege bullshit link to all the centers for tolerance and anti-defamation leagues that use the standard definition) for being stereotypical AND Indians for assuming that any of them who run Yoga programs are using their proceeds to help anyone in India.

3. Kill yourself, you're a faggot
>>
somebody should propose them to become Aghori instead of practicing yoga to fully embrace indian culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEpJdHS1pV0
>>
File: 1448079090259.png (226 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1448079090259.png
226 KB, 620x670
>>56564185
>SJW enter the rage cage because a white woman was teaching yoga.
>Gets classes canceled from uni on grounds of cultural appropriation.
>YFW you find out yoga was invented with heavy influence from European gymnastics.
>YFW you find out the SJW who got the classes canceled suggested she call it "mindful stretching" instead.
>>
>>56570363

>wear snakes
>smoke hashish
>Skulls for the skull throne

these guys know how to live
>>
>>56570725
Do we know who the SJW who got it cancelled yet is? It seems like the thing they'd brag about on social media.
>>
>>56567825
The wont make that argument otherwise they couldn't do and use anything anymore.
They would have to entertain themselves with sticks and stones from now on, the shameless hypocrites.
>>
>>56570790
I actually read about this in my provincial newspaper. I think it was a student leader of some sort who blew the PC whistle on yoga lady, and now that I think about it may have been the university that suggested mindful stretching.
>>
>>56564185
Tell her to stop posting on Kikebook, she's culturally appropriating a jewish invention.
>>
>>56570332
Correction to 2.

>assuming that the faggot in your pic is white or in fact any other race than Indian

In fact, even if they are Indian (I bet they're not), it's still extremely racist to presume to speak or be offended for anyone other than themself.

Also, ask them to demonstrate specifically how your society is white supremacist. A bunch of white people practice a traditionally Indian method of exercise and ritual doesn't sound racist to me. You could claim they're appropriating the culture, but we've already pointed out why that's bull shit. The Indians in your country are citizens, have voting rights, and since there's a Hindu temple in your area they obviously have the freedom to practice their religion in your society.

You may try to pull the slippery slope argument, but I'd contend that if cultural appropriation (which is often fallacious and poorly defined) and micro-aggressions (which by definition are subjective and often unintentional) are the worst a minority in your society has to deal with, that it is not white supremacist. In fact, I'd conclude that the faggot in your pic is a pretentious, ignorant, racist, who is being an alarmist because of words and concepts (e.g. "racism", "supremacy", "marginalization", and "capitalism") that they have little to know understanding of. In short, they're a moron trying to sound enlightened and tolerant about shit they have no idea about, and should not be taken seriously.
>>
>>56568909
this desu senpai
>>
>>56570758
But do they poo in loo?
>>
File: 1356638869498.gif (992 KB, 168x144) Image search: [Google]
1356638869498.gif
992 KB, 168x144
>>56564185
Wait wait wait....
>materialist, capitalist empire
The canceled classes were FREE how is that capitalism or materialism?
The proposed yoga classes in the Indian temple cost money, how isn't that capitalism or materialism?

See? They're just using buzzwords they don't even mean the words they say or write.
>>
FUCK THIS COUNTRY

AAHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AARRRGGHHHHHHHHH

UNIVERSITIES AND BUILDINGS ARE "WHITE CULTURE" "APPROPRIATION".

WEARING CLOTHES IS WHITE CULTURE APPROPRIATION.

COOKING YOUR FOOD AND EATING A WELL BALANCED DIET IS WHITE CULTURE TOO

IN FACT, EVERYTHING GOOD IN THE WORLD IS WHITE CULTURE APPROPRIATIOB SO FUCK OFF TO INDIA AND YOUR HOLY RIVER OF FECES AND DEADBODIES
>>
GAS US ALL

PLEASE GAS ALL OF US.
>>
>>56564185
Jesus fucking christ this is the world right now.
>>
Holy holly and hot fuck what is this shit canada?
>>
>>56570895
So do we have a name? It would be fun to do some snooping and find out things they do that are "culturally appropriated" and start spinning this back on them.
>>
File: coon in kilt.jpg (11 KB, 270x186) Image search: [Google]
coon in kilt.jpg
11 KB, 270x186
>>56564185

Non-Whites keep appropriating the White man's culture (electricity, automobile, petroleum fuels, refrigeration, languages, clothing) and are so petty about stuff like yoga.
>>
>>56571049
One more thing I forgot:

They're also a communist (again for childish/selfish reasons that they barely grasp), and communists are retarded faggots who've had over a fucking century to provide a reason for their ideas to be taken seriously, but have failed literally every single time. That alone is reason enough not to consider anything they say seriously, but the fact that they are either ignorant of Communism and Marxism's history or worse, know of and choose to ignore all the horrible shit that happened because of it, warrants a firm kick in the ass and a stern lecture at least and a trip to North Korea to see what a functioning Communist society is like at the most
>>
let white liberal "spiritualists" know just how sexually conservative true, authentic eastern religion (particularly Buddhism) is. they can't process it.
>>
>>56571431
The SJWs won here, and with Trudeau in power they've become arrogant, our country is going to crash and burn soon.
>>
>>56564185
>adopt saint patrick's day from ireland
>adopt pizza from italians
>adopt yogurt from greeks
>adopt beef jerky from injuns
>adopt tacos from mexico
>can't adopt other cultures or it's cultural appropriation

Why do liberals hate the multiculturalism they support so much?
>>
Change the word "white" to "black", and any references to the temple, call it a diner, or to Yoga, call it food.

Boom. Something right outta the fucking 50's.
>>
>>56571521
They want it near them but cannot practice it. Diversity is strange or something.
>>
>>56571481
i was co-sign this post with something about buddhism and SJWs being the very arrogant white people they claim to hate and whatever but fuck it, i haven't slept and i'm so full of disgust with the millennial generation i'll just let this one go
>>
>>56571136
>The canceled classes were FREE how is that capitalism or materialism?

Because they're stupid racists who assume that anything white people are in charge of is shallow and materialistic because of stereotypes.

Similar thing with capitalism: It's a pillar of the current "white dominated" system, and therefore evil. However, it's also a buzzword used as shorthand for wrong and stupid by ignorant college kids who think that communism is the solution to the world's problems because it looks so great on paper.

>>56571405
World War 3 soon, fellow Clapistani. It'll either straighten the world up when these coddled faggots face real horror and adversity and gain some perspective, or we'll get conquered by ISIS and they'll be the first ones to die.... Or we'll all die in nuclear fire. Shit works out anyway you slice it though.

>>56571481
>just how sexually conservative true, authentic eastern religion (particularly Buddhism) is

What about Tantra and the Kama Sutra?

>>56571743
Segregation is Diversity
Free Speech is Hate Speech
Igorance is Strength
>>
>>56569748
I heard a black guy say that fried chicken and waffles was cultural appropriation of black culture
>>
>>56571991
I don't want to fight in a war. I have a good comfy thing going. Sad thing is I know that only war will fix this shit now. Even worse, I fear more for the loss of infrastructure than I do for other people...
>>
>>56564185
Then they should shut down muslims for appropriation of yogic prayer positions and corruption of meaning.
Perhaps return the shiva lingam in the black box.
>>
>>56572014
Fuck that stupid nigger.

Pretty much every culture has fried food. Soul Food wasn't the invention of fried chicken, and assuming that it's a product of black culture is exactly as racist as the "chicken watermelon and grape soda" stereotypes that whites invented.

Don't even get me started on how they didn't invent waffles and how mixing them with fried chicken and claiming exclusive rights to the dish is direct appropriation and marginalization of the culture that invented them (guess who? Europeans).

I'm black btw. If there's anything I hate more than an SJW, it's a dumbass with no concept of history... Which is the same fucking thing, God I hate these people so much.

>>56572232
>I don't want to fight in a war. I have a good comfy thing going.

Most good things in life require sacrifice. Don't worry though, there are still plenty volunteers. Just don't refuse the call if it turns out we need you down the line.

>>56572439
Or they could kick all students of non-European out of the school and fire any non-white professors since the modern university system is based on a European model.
>>
>>56572729
Luckily for me I have a PhD in chemistry. I'll be taken to a far away secured research facility before I'm sent to the front lines thankfully. Though I am not against the idea of using my helmet as a rock to smash some faggots skull in.
>>
>>56572729
If there is a war who do you think will join to fight?

Who do you think will stay at home post memes on the internet about what should be done, ignore the men who come home wounded and not actually contribute to the war effort (while posting memes of rosie the riveter)

yeah no, we're fucked.
>>
>>56573049
War will have to come to your shores to fix it. That is the only way.
>>
>>56564185
wait yoga is supposed to end hunger in india? is she being blatantly racyis and saying that the colour of your skin determines hwo qualified you are in a very popular exersise activity?
>>
>>56573033
Start developing super weapons or determining which brain chemicals cause liberalism so that we can make a pill for it.

>>56573049
>Who do you think will stay at home post memes on the internet about what should be done, ignore the men who come home wounded and not actually contribute to the war effort (while posting memes of rosie the riveter)

I was already in the military once. I only got out to go to college, and have been physically training in anticipation of going back for a couple years now. The only thing stopping me from signing back up right now is that I'm already about half way done with college, and that I'd like some more time to get stronger/faster so I can join SOF and directly put foot to ass.

Along with me are a bunch of bored, gun loving, muslim hating rednecks who've been waiting for shit to pop off for years (both in and out of the military), a bunch of stupid moto teenagers (again both in and out of the service), a ton of smart guys and support personnel who are already in, and contractually obligated to stick around, loads of stupid useless people and niggers to use as cannon fodder, and tons of discharged but eligible veterans who would join back up if there was an actual war to fight and work for them to do.
>>
>>56573049
>yeah no, we're fucked.

Forgot to add that I'd rather die fighting than not try. I was going to use the term "take it like the French", but considering how they're skull fucking ISIS for Paris, I'm going nix that from my vocabulary.
>>
>>56564185
why is my Trig101 teacher not a greek?
checkmate libtards
>>
My culture invented cricket, why the fuck are Indians still playing it?
>>
>Yoga is Hindu
>Hindu is pagan
>Pagan Gods are demons
Glad its being shut down
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.