[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good evening, /pol/. I've decided I'm going to start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: trump.jpg (4 MB, 7424x1814) Image search: [Google]
trump.jpg
4 MB, 7424x1814
Good evening, /pol/.

I've decided I'm going to start saving up to move away from my state. I'll move out in the spring.

I currently have a good paying job, a nice home I'm renting from family, a few friends. However, I'm just unhappy with where I am in my life, and I'm afraid I'll run out of time to enjoy my youth and I don't want to spend it in the same place.

So, with that being said, I'm going to move to one of the following states: Montana, Wyoming, Alaska, or Florida.

I'm a gun owning, big truck driving, redneck who has a career in Information Technology.

I've always been in the country - the home I was born and raised in until I moved out at 18. Nearest neighbor is 2 miles away. We've had our fair share of icy biting winters as well.

Say I move to Alaska, how would I get my 2 vehicles there? I don't care much about the rest of my possessions but my vehicles I'd like to take with me.
>>
You might really like Wyoming.
>>
>>78986650
I really want to go to Alaska, but I fear it may cost too much.

What's a good place to live in Wyoming?
>>
>>78986844
>What's a good place to live in Wyoming?

If you want to be near people in , near, or sort of near any of the larger towns is fine. From there you can go to places where they will never find your body when you die. Stay away from the Indians unless you can get along with them. WY has a low population and can be a very lonely state. If you can do your IT stuff on-line then you don't need much else there. If you want to fire your machine gun bazooka all night long there are place there where you will not bother anyone and they will not bother you.
>>
>>78987881
I was thinking about 30 miles from the nearest bigger city(Big to me is 60k people). Central Illinoisan here.

Any larger towns you recommend?
>>
you and me both OP im trying to live on a lake in Montana or in rural upper midwest states
>>
>>78988080
Once you get away from say 30 minutes from Cheyenne there is nothing! Even 10 minutes away. The whole big state has like 600,000 people. That is because there are no jobs or natural reason why anyone would want to be there. Cold in winter with 100MPH winds. Bug beautiful mountains but you will have to walk in :D

But far better than Alaska since it is very cheap and in an hour you can drive back to real civilization.

I suggest you take a little vacation there and drive around the state. You will either love it or run away. But if you want to live like they did 200 years ago there are giant areas of Wyoming that mankind has never set foot on.
>>
>>78988942

BTW - The general area around yellowstone park is very nice and there are enough tourist people rolling through (in summer) to keep a person entertained.

If you are really a bad ass rugged guy hike into those mountains and kiss your ass goodbye!

Scan over the state on Google map toos.
>>
>>78988290
Cheaper with two people. Join me.

>>78988942
Perfect. Where I live there are no jobs(Miracle I even have the job I do now). Winters get around -10 with crazy humidity and ridiculous winds. No mountains, completely flat.

Aside from work I live like they did 150 years ago. I keep warm with a wood stove, no natural gas. I have no A/C in the summer, single pane windows, slate roof, tall ceilings, 6 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and an outhouse.

I dunno, I'd say I'm better prepared than any suburbanites.
>>
>>78989319
I have.

I lived in Shawnee National Forest for 2 weeks, survival camping. However, the only thing there that could kill me was a fall off a bluff or bigfoot.
>>
Don't come to Alaska.
>>
>>78990079
Why not?
>>
>>78989488
i would but i'm asocial as shit and need to find a job somewhere around there, godspeed
>>
I say MT. Lived there for a summer. Heavenly.

I feel like Alaska is difficult? Surely things get a little expensive up there? Not sure though.
>>
>>78989488
>Aside from work I live like they did 150 years ago. I keep warm with a wood stove, no natural gas. I have no A/C in the summer, single pane windows, slate roof, tall ceilings, 6 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and an outhouse.

Wow! WY might be you place! You can pick just the right spot between no where and civilization. They might actually still have homesteading!

>I lived in Shawnee National Forest for 2 weeks, survival camping. However, the only thing there that could kill me was a fall off a bluff or bigfoot.

You don't want to need serious medical attention up there! Either they have to fly you to Denver (maybe Fort Collins) or someplace Nebraska. Most serious medial emergencies are solved by digging a hole for you with a shovel.

Around Laramie is nice too if you need to be closer to the real world.

Realize driving though Cheyenne is like driving back to the 1960's. Really nice people up there though and it is a free concealed carry state so everyone packs guns (as if they even give a shit about any laws). I don't think anyone ever gets shot though since folks there are nice and if anyone does get shot nobody would ever know or care.
>>
>>78990386
Well being asocial won't get you a job. I'm asocial too. Let's pay for the same living space but ignore each other the entire time.
>>
>>78986207
>So, with that being said, I'm going to move to one of the following states: Montana, Wyoming, Alaska, or Florida.

Why not Boise, Idaho, fellow white man?

Huge tech scene here.

Tons of hot, friendly white women.

Big outdoor/hunting/red neck culture if you so choose it.

Come home to Idaho, White Man.
>>
>>78990630
Fortunately I'm a healthy, white, 24 year old male. Serious medical attention is the least of my concern.

Cheyenne doesn't sound too bad, I suppose. How's Casper?
>>
>>78990713
Didn't think about Idaho. I'll add that to my considerations.

My only concern is my truck. I'm fucked if it breaks down once I get past Iowa. Old piece of junk Ford Bronco.

Is Boise relatively cheap? Can I expect similar prices compared to say, Decatur, IL?
>>
>>78990987

$750/mo. for 1 bedroom apartment.

Only 1 foot of snow per year. No clue about Decatur.

If you're a true tech guy, you should be able to command a legit paying job.
>>
>>78991089
>$750/mo

Ouch. Right now I'm paying $475 for a 6 bedroom 1 bath 4 acre country home. Granted, that's not too common. On average you're looking at ~$500 for a 2 bedroom townhome here.

I'm a true tech guy in terms of experience and skills, but certifications? I have none.

I'm thinking of saving up about 1-3k, living in my truck and saving up for a month or so until I get about 10k. In the meantime get my certifications or maybe go to college.
>>
>>78990832
>How's Casper?
I have never been around Casper. But I doubt it is much different.

>Fortunately I'm a healthy, white, 24 year old male.

Be careful though since I think you can die and never be found far far faster in the mountains of WY than those in AK. In AK people are always flying round and they give a shit about looking for you.

In WY when you gear up all they worry about is if you are paying cash before wondering off never to be seen again. :D NOBODY is going to come looking for you!
>>
I'm in Montana right now (live in NY) it's fucking awesome, at least in the north west near the mountains.

Don't do Florida unless youre on the coast it's a shit state
>>
File: 1466964617073.jpg (304 KB, 1000x497) Image search: [Google]
1466964617073.jpg
304 KB, 1000x497
>>78986207

>I'm a big truck driving, redneck

Did your wife's son buy you those trucks, cleetus?
>>
>>78986207
Bruh. Wyoming is the best. Just be prepared for the wind, the 2 days of summer, 10 months of winter, and the lack of people.

Used to live in Lyman. Thought it was shit growing up, but I fucking miss it. Missouri is an absolute shit hole compared to WY.
>>
>>78986207

When I moved from Alaska to Oregon I towed my second car behind my first and sent some pallets of stuff to alaska. Can find people who will ship for $1/lb. Gets expensive but might be worth it.

Also dont go to alaska right now, save up for another five years and buy a house for cheap. The state is going into a depression and will be that way for at least 10 years.
>>
>>78993580
Why AK depression? Oil prices are rebounding, no?
>>
>>78994964

That would be great if Alaska had oil.

BP left the state but left their lights on so nobody knew. The pipeline is very close to shutting down due to not having enough oil flow through to lubricate it. No ANWR.

Shell had a rig fall over while trying to get sweet crude at 100ft deep water. They drug it back to Washington waters to try and hide the mistake. They were not allowed back in.

Fishing has been depressed for years. State chose a liberal company to estimate healthy catch levels assuming that if they took lib numbers they would always be on safe side. Liberals were inept and calculated it way off causing years of over fishing.

Californians killed the Pebble Mine project worth billions and there are no other major mining projects coming up

Logging doesnt work because of the intensive levels of beatle kill. Easy for a chainsaw to spark a fire and kek the whole peninsula.

State is a three legged stole. Oil, mining, and fishing. Oil is 96% of this.
>>
>>78995699
>you guys literally extracted all of the oil outside of ANWAR?
hory shit, get fucked. I guess it's down to cruises and adventure tourism then?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.