[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the Democrats end their sit-in protest after 26 meas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: well.jpg (240 KB, 1228x896) Image search: [Google]
well.jpg
240 KB, 1228x896
Why did the Democrats end their sit-in protest after 26 measly hours? If they care so much about gun control, why did they give up so easily? Do they want to go on summer vacation that badly?

And why is the guardian logo highlighting "i" and "n"?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/23/house-democrats-gun-control-sit-in-civil-disobedience
>>
Because they don't want gun control, they want their gun control to the exemption of all others which reveals their ulterior motive, otherwise they wouldn't have shot down the Republican bills so quickly and would have sought to amend the bill to extend the 72 hour bar to something prosecutors and judges could work with instead. They want to people to bar any US citizen from buying a gun by simply placing them on a list without any due process and the idea of a comprehensive study on gun violence like the one proposed in the rebublican bill terrifies them because any truly unbiased bipartisan study would reveal the real source of gun violence in this country and shine a light on their fear mongering, it's the same sort of behavior that got the Patriot act through. They ended it so soon because they were acting like petulent children who wanted things their way or not at all and then proceed to make fools out of themselves by broadcasting it and breaking the floor rules of the House in the process. They stopped because they had to before they made themselves look even worse.
>>
>>78338429
>And why is the guardian logo highlighting "i" and "n"?

The Guardian is a UK newspaper and as such is clearly supporting Remain votes.
>>
>>78338429

Because their vacation until July 5 just started. Why would they waste their vacation time anon
>>
>>78341390
ooh. I thought there was a big terrorist attack in Nigeria, and they were doing a solidarity thing by saying "NI" like Youtube did their rainbow heart

> any truly unbiased bipartisan study would reveal the real source of gun violence in this country
what's that?
>>
>>78342845
Hand guns used by common criminals.
>>
>>78343305
white common criminals?

criminals who legally purchase their guns?
>>
>>78343461
Looks like you've had too much to think.
>>
>>78343461
I can't say for certain, inner city black gang violence is prorbably signifigant but white criminal syndicates and gangs certainly exist as well, honestly have no idea what percentage of gun violence either group really accounts for and the criminal nature of such enterprises make study difficult.

My point is more to do with the fear mongering surrounding "assault style" weapons being used as a wedge to force in gun control legislation in the wake of mass shootings like Orlando and Sandy Hook when they account for a statistically insignificant amount of gun violence. A study that excludes suicides would be nice as well because such statics are misleading and largely unrelated to the issue at hand as truly suicidal people have been shown to seek alternative methods when one becomes unfeasible.
>>
>>78345391
I think it would be interesting to see the actual results of the study. How many people die from:

> inner city nigger gun violence
> white crime syndicates
> toddlers accidentally shooting themselves or each other
> actual gun homocide
> mass shootings

etc. and if those guns were purchased legally

they should have at least commissioned a study
>>
>>78346261

It's all on the FBI website.
>>
>>78346839
They stopped publishing those 3 years ago, don't sufficiently break down the types of guns grouping in bolt action hunting rifles with semi automatic cartridge fed rifles, have no demographic information, and only use homicides in which there was a conviction and thus show a biased picture for failing to take into account cases in which gun violence is used in self defense.
>>
The CDC also publishes statistics on gun related deaths and break them down by state and adjust for age but again fail to classify the types of fire arms in question as well as showing overall numbers rather than presenting a clear picture of which cases are homicides, accidental deaths, man slaughter cases related to self defense, or suicides.
>>
>>78338429
because the democrats will never work hard for anything in their life, no matter how important
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.