[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Lord of The Rings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: image.jpg (634 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
634 KB, 1920x1080
could these movies have been made in today's political/racial climate? If they had been, would they be very different? What does /pol/ think?

https://youtu.be/EXGUNvIFTQw

https://youtu.be/l8yOdAqBFcQ
>>
I guess pol has better things to do, like post memes in the half a dozen trump threads
>>
>>77821690
No, the jews fucked the Hobbit movies up terribly trying to make more PC versions of them. For example they randomly had black people in the crowds that they always zoomed in on, they added that girl elf to the plot, and all the orcs were white skinned with blue eyes. The Hobbit had a shitload of other problems too, but those changes were fairly obvious to me.

If made today at the very least they would demand a black Gandalf or Aragorn, probably re-write Legolas as a woman (because if you search the internet feminists have a bizarre hate-boner for Eowyn) and Frodo and Sam would be gay and would kiss after destroying the ring.
>>
>>77822639
>Frodo and Sam would be gay and would kiss after destroying the ring.
Kek
>>
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 5104x6608) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 5104x6608
The hobbit movies sucked cock

I'm not saying they could ever have been as good as the lotr movies, but they didn't have to be such an enormous pile of shit
>>
>>77823031
Major problem with the Hobbit films is that there was only supposed to be 2.

You can both cut the stupid love triangle in the 2nd film and a decent amount of the battle in the 3rd and lose nothing.
>>
We were lucky to have got these films, right before the onset of SJW nonsense and capeshit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VREC15o1dUI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjAAC13al9s
>>
>>77823195
They tried to make the hobbit movies more PC friendly and get those minority points in there, too
>>
>>77821690

Hobbits=UK
Gondor=Holy Roman Empire
Rohan=Slavs, polish Hussars, Cossacks etc.
Elves=Scandinavians
Mordor=Ottoman Empire
Haradrim=Arabs

correct me, if you have a different opinion
>>
It would be the same, but with more CGI & ROTK might be a 2 parter (which is a good thing imo)

Yes it would stay all White, but people would bitch about it & when ROTK won all the Oscars it would be "oscars so white" again

Harry Pooter reboot though, im pretty sure Rowling herself would push for more diversity, dunno if Warner Bro's would listen though
>>
a dwarf with a tall blonde elf that never existed in tolkiens world
>muh race mixing
>>
>>77822639
>Sam would be gay
He was, but a cool gay halfling.
>>
>>77821690
that elf guy would be transgendered today
>>
>>77823430
you forgot the dwarves you german nigger.
>>
Am I the only one that DOESN'T hate the hobbit? The first movie was meh but I really don't see the problem with the other two.
This is coming from someone who read the Hobbit and the Silmarillion before the first (Hobbit) movie was even announced.
>>
>>77821690

It would turn out that the orcs the heroes fought against were only a small faction that doesn't represent true "Orcism" and the remaining orcs would be invited to live in Gondor, Rohan, and the Shire.

And Sauron would be a tall white guy with a Hitler mustache.
>>
>>77821690
New Zealand doesn't give a fuck about the USA politics. They'd have an opinion on Brexit and the former EU but they're insolated from much of the toxic viral loads being spread.
>>
>>77823451
What about what they've done to the hobbit? Milking it for all the shekels they could get from it, all the while squeezing more diversity and femininism in
>>
>>77823451

Harry Potter wasn't good to begin with. I watched all the movies just because I don't like leaving series of movies incomplete.
>>
>>77821690
Curious, it's been awhile since I've seen the trilogy, are there black people anywhere in the entire series?
>>
File: url.jpg (7 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
7 KB, 205x246
>>77823430
>Gondor
>Holy Roman Empire
It may have been based in several real life faction but they're pretty much their own.
>>
>>77823637

First movie was the only good one, the rest of them tried too hard to connect them to the Lord of the Rings and not letting the movies stand on their own, not to mention all of the FUCKING ELVES! And Alfrid running around during the Battle of the Five Armies. Did we really need 30 fucking minutes of that?
>>
>>77823430
Correct the time of the aryans is at a end and the area of slav's will begin
>>
>>77823637
Same situation but opposite opinions, the first movie showed some promise despite the bad parts but the next two were notably worse.

The third was the worst by far for me, I haven't been so flat-out bored with a movie in a long time.
>>
>>77823430
And America is the land the elves flee to.
>>
>>77823632

Dwarves=JEEEEEEWS

better my tea trinking chap?
>>
>>77823549

Dwarves are white. It was like having an Italian manlet having a qt Dutch gf.
>>
>>77822639
Why do they hate Eowyn? I figure if anyone needed a fictional women figure who was a bad ass it would be her?
>>
>>77823760
I think one or two might have played some orcs or Uruk-hai, but they didn't play anyone terribly important.
>>
>>77823760
I think there was a black or woman in Minas Tirith, but other than the middle easterners that fought alongside the orcs that's about it
>>
>>77823644
#notallorcs

Love and tolerance now!
>>
>>77823760
The Hobbit has black people
>>
>>77823430
slavs women look more like elves then scandis tho. although their men look like goblins
>>
>>77823895
Black man or woman*
>>
>>77823760
If there were, they weren't noticeable. Pretty sure the uruk-hai were just maoris too, so no blacks there.
>>
>>77821690
Just look at Game of Thrones
>>
>>77823760

i don't think so. only non-Whites wereArabian Haradrims, but even they didn't look really semitic.
>>
>>77821690
Hasn't there been these politically correct changes to characters since the 70's?
>>
>>77823877
because she's a woman with power that acts like a woman with power
ie a crazy bitch thats barely keeping a lid on it
>>
>>77823936

None of them have speaking roles, tho.

>>77821690
>If they had been, would they be very different? What does /pol/ think?

There's no doubt at least some of the main cast would have been genderflipped and / or niggerfied.
>>
>>77821690
Those movies still give me chills to watch, especially the charge at Helm's Deep and Pelennor Fields.

There's something to be said for going to fight even when you know you're going to lose, when you're outnumbered fifty to one, but you do it because it's for a righteous cause. A lot of people can't understand it anymore, and I don't think they'd get made now.

>A day may come when the courage of men fails,
>When we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship.
>An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down!
>But it is not this day!
>>
>>77824114
Not really a whole lot. None of the shit like we see with Harry Potter where hermonie is black now
>>
More people of colour
More womyn empowerment
More subtle 'white-man evil' or 'white-man responsible for the evil in the world'
I wouldn't even be surprised for a human/orc romance to start up
>>
>>77824230
Jeez I need to reread sometime. I don't remember her being that crazy, just as a noble women who wanted to fight and not die cowering.
>>
>>77823430
Arnor=WRE
Gondor=ERE
Rohan=South Slavs
Rhovanion=Russians
Elves=Celts
Mordor=Turks
Harad=Arabs
>>
>>77824615
oh shit I mistook the characters, thought you were talking about the elf woman
>>
>>77821690
FOTR>>ROTK>>>TT
>>
>>77824924
Very true, Hans/Mehmet
>>
>>77824753
Ya lol, I'm talking about Eowyn, who killed the Witch King. You'd think internet feminists would love a character who isn't a victim, insists on being treated equally and fighting with other men, and kills the second most powerful evil on middle earth. But I guess Eowyn doesn't have enough faux victimization for them.
>>
>>77825096
>hansmet
>>
>>77824924
I agree, even like the "multiple endings" of ROTK. Never got the hate for them really, people love Fellowship, and the pacing/setting is practically identical to Fellowship there.

TT had some amazing moments, but not as many as ROTK, and the overall cinematography felt comparatively lacking. It's still a fantastic movie, but I feel like it's the weakest link.
>>
>>77825099
I'm 99% sure it's because of her love triangle with Aragorn and Arwen
>>
>>77821690
lol sometimes when I get drunk with my friends, we charge each other yelling DEEEAAAAATH and then we beat the shit out of each other and practice our Russian System.
>>
File: 1440354149000.jpg (507 KB, 1200x939) Image search: [Google]
1440354149000.jpg
507 KB, 1200x939
Leftists mostly hate LOTR / Tolkien and prefer GoT.
>>
File: 1440950755574.jpg (36 KB, 603x360) Image search: [Google]
1440950755574.jpg
36 KB, 603x360
WE
>>
File: eowyn vs witch king.png (976 KB, 900x699) Image search: [Google]
eowyn vs witch king.png
976 KB, 900x699
>>77824615
>>77825099
A lot of them get angry that Eowyn, a warrior woman from a warrior culture, gets a crush on Aragorn, a 6' 5" borderline superhuman swordsman who's the heir to a giant kingdom Totally unrealistic, what woman would want that? That's exactly the type of man they like to pretend they hate (but that they all end up fucking)

Some other criticisms of Eowyn I've seen is that they don't like that she's mentioned as being "fair" and "pretty," which seems a little silly since Tolkien describes the male characters as being handsome and "fair faced" all the damn time, and they also like to bitch that she "settled down" with Faramir even though the war was already over.

To get right down to it Eowyn is a strong female character that doesn't pander to their disgusting worldview so they reserve a special place of hatred in their heart for her when discussing the series.
>>
>>77821690
They weren't made in Jewlywood, which has a lot to do with it.
>>
>>77821690
Of course. All heroes would be black muslims and orcs will be white. Sauron woul wear 'make america great again' hat. All women woul have degree in gender studies and glum would be transgender - opressed by white men. Elves would be just gone and ... "Gandalf the Black"
>>
>>77823430
Rohan is Nordic.
>>
>>77823430
Dwarves - The Jews, think about it. They, like the Jews, lost their homeland, have big noses, and love gold.
>>
>>77826626
Your right, but those feminist criticisms though. Those are terrible. Lol settling for the noble war hero instead of fictional Jesus.
>>
>>77823430
Rohan were based on Saxons

The armour is based on Anglo-Saxon armour, Tolkein was eternally butthurt that the Saxons lost to the Normans in 1066 due to a lack of cav he cav spammed Rohan
>>
>>77821690
No
The absolute power of based 1998&1999 are the reason they were so perfect
The technology that forced them to improvise and create new techniques pushed the boundaries of what was possible and made for neigh on perfect . movies.
There's a reason the hobbit movies were garbage
>>
>>77827311
Only one of their clans lost their homeland you idiot
Rest of them are doing fine being big nosed assholes digging for treasure they never even spend
>>
>>77823560
>Married a qt ginger and had two children
K
>>
>>77827883
I love the fact that Brits treasure him so much even though he's 100% German kek
But the isle's have always been one for inspiration no matter who visits them it seems
>>
>>77823430
Rohan is pretty obviously the Saxons. The helmet designs and he even said this is what he imagined Saxon cavalry looked like.
>>
>>77823654
Not even close to true
Their government is borderline commie as it is and SJW politics are starting to rule there along with invading Maori being given special treatment even though they never even lived on the god damn main island before whites moved there.
It's like you don't pay attention
>>
>>77824059
Cuz they weren't, in the books Easterlings were basically Celts combined with Sami and Sarmatians they were like the ancient celts in terms of actual race being white but not having any solid physical description to define them
>>
>>77824275
>the charge at Helm's Deep
Why is it that everyone always chooses the wrong charge at Helm's Deep?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=51oEk21ax5A
That charisma and final stand was far better than the charge from Gandalf and literally made me cry when I watched it for the first time in a decade last month
>>
>>77824924
Fellowship is impossible to top
And you're right about Return but ONLY if we are talking theatrical versions.
If we take into account TT's director's cut then it's easily better than Return
>>
>>77823451
If ROTK was a 2 part film then instead of "hurr invincible ghosts kill oliphaunts gg" it would be ghosts save cair Pelagrir or Dol Amroth whereever it eas they fought in the books and then the Dol Amroth knights and Pelagrir warriors would come to Pelennor fields and there would be yet another amazing fight
that would be bretty gud
>>
>>77831974
That's the one I meant you dunce.
>>
>>77823430
Rohan is Finno-Ugric Khanate you faggot
>>
It's so sad, that there might not be a movie as amazing as this epic trilogy in my lifetime.
You need great actors and a decent budget for that and we all know that it will then have to be pc and shit as well.
Guess it's time to rewatch LotR for the 50th time.
>>
>>77826626
Jesus fuck it isn't enough that she killed the witch king of angmar.
>>
>>77823430
>Not Holy
>Not Roman
>Nor an Empire
Keks
>>
>>77821690
they had a whole race of niggers, a race of poofter cunts, and a race of midgets, its pretty diverse.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 600x748) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 600x748
Best movie ever

Sauron is the eternal Jew

Orcs are shitskins

Uruk hai are coalburner spawn

Saruman is a liberal cuck that promotes racemixing (of many colors)

Asians like the Japs are elves

White people are white people

The ring is the secret of the jew pretty much that needs to be exposed by bringing it to a giant media outlet (mount doom)

Gandalf is /pol/ i guess but im not sure
>>
>>77821690
the fellowship of the ring is probably one of the comfiest movies ever
>>
>>77821690
No, it's probably the last example of a true historical epic, and ironically it's high fantasy.
>>
>>77838098
This, it was the high point of Hollywood cinema, it all went downhill from here. At least on the AAA blockbuster side
>>
>>77837929
It brings a tear to my eye seeing how peaceful and naive they are in the first one

And how much shit they've been through by the end
>>
>>77821690
feminist lead, black main character, faggot/pedo character(not just hinted at like in the first ones,) and your question was answered in the later hobbit shitty movies, feminist lead, black 'folk' in several scenes, and as for faggot/pedo, didn't run across one as I skipped through(I started watching regular, it was shit movie, started skipping, see niggers, I'm out.)
>>
File: 1462930226152.jpg (41 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
1462930226152.jpg
41 KB, 550x512
>>77823287
>tfw I am Frodo and Mordor is Sweden and Sauron is George Soros

>“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chLZQtCold8

Am I the only one who always saw the shire as a representation of a white homogenous society?
>>
>>77837675
Gandalf the White power grand wizard
>>
File: sadboi.jpg (67 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
sadboi.jpg
67 KB, 960x960
We will never see this again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PcUnqlPA8A
>>
>>77840113
Mordor is Syria.
>>
>>77821690
>half of the cast are niggers
>sam and frodo are faggots
>everybody racemixes
>orcs arent that bad
>>
>>77837929

Especially the extended edition. You can't just watch one though, the only true experience is setting aside a whole day and watching all 3 extended editions for 9 straight hours.

If you haven't done that, you don't know comfy.
>>
>>77840821
We have so many syrians now, what is the difference?
>>
File: 1462612416137s.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1462612416137s.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>77841014
Definition of comfy famalam
>>
>>77823430
now I want to play AOE2
>>
>near harad=Arab mudslimes
>far Harad=nigger mudslimes
>corsairs= pirate mudslimes
>easterlings= pagan slavs

All trying to destroy white western Europe/christendom
>>
>>77830989
Lol he was not 100% german. His paternal line came to england in the 18th century. He was probably very little german other than his surname.
>>
>>77840113
>one who always saw the shire as a representation of a white homogenous

Never thought of it that way, but that's bang on.
>>
>>77840956
Just imagine, Wormtounge convinces Theoden to open the gates at Helm's Deep for the Urukhai army because they're just misunderstood orcs fleeing from conflict in the Westfold (which they caused in the first place).
>>
>>77823877
Surprise! Actual strong female character repulse feminists because strong women generally just act like men.
>>
>>77823760
orcs
>>
Tolkien was a devout catholic and LotR is a thinly veiled christian apocalpyse based on medieval catholic eschatology. There's an entire catholic fanboy subculture that is obsessed with LotR.

Aragorn, the exiled King who restores his empire in a great war against absolute evil, is based on the extremely popular catholic Great Monarch prophecies of the middle ages. Mordor would be Israel and Sauron the jewish antichrist; his orcs are corrupted elves (=jews) and the 'southerners' in his army are based on arabs and turks. Frodo and Sam are the 'Two Witnesses' in christian eschatology, two chosen prophets who have to travel to Mordor/Israel to fight against the antichrist.

LotR is in fact its own prophecy. Tolkien was max redpilled.

The Hobbie movies can be completely discarded, when the hollywood jews realized they got tricked with the LotR trilogy, they twisted Tolkien's hobbit novella into jewish propaganda.
>>
>>77823430
>Gondor=Holy Roman Empire
you wish
>>
>>77842984

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pio5pf-Eoi8
>>
A LOTR like franchise wont happen again because it made whites take pride in themselves again via a tolkiens fictional universe
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 650x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 650x1000
>>77840538
That actually works perfectly

David Duke maybe?
>>
>>77842984
wtf are you talking about? Lotr based on northern european mythology, Tolkien was a linguistic he translated old saxon literature like beowulf.
>>
>>77822639
To be fair, the only Orc that was both pale and blue eyed was Azog, even his son blog had brown eyes.

The fact that the one orc that is treated as a great threat in his own right instead of a bumbling cockney chucklefuck like all the orcs in LoTR, is also blue eyed and pale should be a gesture of respect if anything.
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 636x288) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 636x288
>>77844424
>defending a white blue eyed orc antagonist
Fucking Leafs

Why not defend the dwarf elf racemixing cuck triangle?
>>
>>77823430
Gondor is quite obviously the Byzantine Empire, and Arnor would be the Western Roman Empire. Fits well with orcs being the ottomans.
>>
>>77845082
We can all agree Sauron is the eternal Jew promising rings to his 9 kings of men and manipulating them into destroying their own people right?
>>
>>77821690
the LOTR movies told a better film about equality and feminism than any shitfuck shill these days ever could.

But back then they treated their audiences like they were all 12. Now they treat audiences like they're 3.
>>
>>77844870
Better him be a competent antagonist than a bumbling one. Azog is in charge of all the orcs by the last movie, a physically and mentally gifted specimen commanding all his lesser mulatto brethren is the natural order.

Could've been the other way around, the pale orcs are cowardly fools and the shitskin Neanderthal looking ones be in charge.
>>
File: 1463610115633.jpg (553 KB, 1938x1418) Image search: [Google]
1463610115633.jpg
553 KB, 1938x1418
>Mfw the Jew will never produce a fantasy epic as great as LOTR
>>
Theoden best character
>>
File: 1465540942370.gif (47 KB, 450x510) Image search: [Google]
1465540942370.gif
47 KB, 450x510
>tfw you'll never live in The Shire, tending to your garden and meeting up with your hobbit friends that you've know since childhood for a brew.
>tfw you'll never smoke dank longbottom leaves on the ruined walls of Isengard.
>tfw The Shire isn't real
>tfw you will never embark into the unknown on a an epic quest,

why even struggle
>>
>>77849371
>Theoden best character

>Not Haldir or Galadriel

One fucking job you wanker....
>>
>>77849119
desu a great part of why the trilogy is so good is because of the music, composed by a jew
>>
File: BoromirDeath.jpg (133 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
BoromirDeath.jpg
133 KB, 1920x800
Boromir did nothing wrong.
>>
that is no orc horn
>>
>>77821690
Would've been completely different. The Hobbit movies had niggers in them. Tolkien hated non-whites. In his mind the orcs were colored people. Having darkies as good guys in the movies was totally against the beliefs of Tolkien. There is just no way LOTR would've gotten away with having an all white cast today. The thing is, the movies aren't even that old. It shows you how much the world has changed in less than two decades.
>>
Greatest movie trilogy ever created.

And I doubt it will be topped.
>>
File: 1395241518089.jpg (118 KB, 429x408) Image search: [Google]
1395241518089.jpg
118 KB, 429x408
>Isengard and Mordor aren't obvious stand-ins for the Central Powers, mostly the German Empire.
>Gondor/France shed their blood against Mordor/Germany and have to be saved by Rohan/British Empire
>Mordor is allied with the Haradrim/Ottomans, a desert people from the south.
What do you think all Tolkien's points about industrialization were about?
It's obviously a fantasy version of World War One. Frodo is the representation of a young British officer who wouldn't be able to make it without his faithful Batman, Samwise.
>>
>>77849725
Just another post to add to the >tfw you'll never do anything you dreamed of as a child list.
Kill me.
>>
>>77821690
Watch the new hobbit films and you tell me
>>
LOOKS LIKE MEATS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS
>>
>>77823430
>Elves=Scandinavians
This fucking meme everywhere
Elves are "The Old wisdom", once greater than anything "modern"
A withering/dying civilization way past its greatness
They are the remnants of the Roman Empire
>>
>>77852558
Tolkien actually despised allegory in general, to such a degree that he went through his works for years to make sure they were divorced from real-world happenings before publishing them. He drew inspiration from what he saw, such as the Dead Marshes being inspired by what he saw in WWI, but nothing was directly allegorical in nature.
>>
>>77851735
I rewatched the FotR today
Boromir going apeshit over a suicide mission which could end everything and while having his people fighting and dying against the hordes of Mordor before anyone gave a shit about the Ring was the logical thing to do
I would be mad too
The quest succeeded by dumb luck anyway
>>
>>77853258
The extended editions really made Boromir's motives more clear, and made him a dramatically better character overall. Turned him from a near-villain in Fellowship into a tragic hero through all three movies.
>>
>>77853190
>Dwarves are constantly driven off their homelands and genocided in various events
>They care only for wealth
>Short/big nose
>Xenophobic af
>Their ways and language is unknown to anyone else because they are very "occultish"
>Tolkien literally based their language on Jewish

Ehhh
>>
>>77821690
Aragorn would be a gay transexual in love with a pansexual dwarven woman
>>
>>77852967
They are based in Mesopotamia or ancient pajeet culture
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 1242x519) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 1242x519
Didn't realize so many people from /pol/ and /tv/ loved the Lord of the Rings films like I do. It's crazy. I recently just got into my annual "LOTR" kick that usually occurs around the fall or winter. Strange that the boards seem to be in the same gears as me. I can't believe it will be 15 years since I saw the Fellowship in theaters. Crazy.

I love all three films but this is probably my favorite sequence of all three. To me, it's the perfect representation of why the Trilogy is so great. The action, the acting from the cast, the location, the practical effects, the monsters and the writing. Poignant stuff and great world building.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSgeEH-Zwbk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbZDMGeNY4s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9skYkQfAwus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCY_Hjv7vKc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GA5AtPl5EY
>>
>>77821690
Most overrated books/films of all time
>>
When the battle for the castle was simulated, all the elves ran away.
They had to reconfigure the AI so they were fearless.
>>
File: VBEycfmb.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
VBEycfmb.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
>>77853433
>By our blood all your lands kept safe...

>You were quick to trust the elves
>There is still courage and honour to be found in Men, but you will not see it

>Why do you recoil, I am no thief
>I am only asking for the chance to defend my people

>Leave it, it is over. The world of Men will fall and all will come to darkness and my city to ruin
>Remember this day little brother...
>>
File: feanor.png (42 KB, 813x520) Image search: [Google]
feanor.png
42 KB, 813x520
>>77853855
You take that back
>>
>>77844203
>tfw the only actual good post ITT is made by a Turk
>>
>>77821690
Not with people like this.
http://diversehighfantasy.tumblr.com
>>
>>77829994

Tolkein even said the Dwarves are based on the Jews.

Khuzdul was even created out of Hebrew and has all the same accents and pronunciations as per Christopher Tolkein.
>>
>>77851456
I know Howard Shore is a Jew. The composition of the LOTR soundtrack is a great contribution to the world of art and makes him exempt from the gas chamber desu
>>
File: 1359001950310.png (152 KB, 500x621) Image search: [Google]
1359001950310.png
152 KB, 500x621
>>77854494
>reblog if u want a female black gay muslim link

Is this satire? I honestly can't tell anymore
>>
>>77854221
>Remember this day little brother...

This and the defeat of Saruman are the two parts of the extended editions that they should have kept in theatrical releases, by far. Most Boromir/Faramir scenes should have been kept, but that one in particular really baffles me.
>>
>>77823760
Orcs
>>
File: wornoutfaces.jpg (257 KB, 1270x812) Image search: [Google]
wornoutfaces.jpg
257 KB, 1270x812
>>77821690
>DEAAAATH
Nothing makes my cock harder than this
>>
>>77829994
>Only one of their clans lost their homeland you idiot

>Greatest cities destroyed during the sinking of Beleriand
>Flee Grey mountains due to Dragon raids
>Balrog destroys Moria
>Dragon destroys Lonely Mountain
>Flee Misty Mountains due to War of Dwarves and Orcs

You better learn your shit m8

>>77855122
It was a great disrespect to Christopher Lee to scratch him out of the third film
Granted he actually voiced Treebear so technically he was not "out" but god damn
They took the Gandalf role from him(his favourite character of the books, he was originally casted for him) and he was a personal friend of Tolkien
>>
>>77844203
And he was also a very devout christian.

But that is far more evident in the Sillmarillion than in LOTR. Eru is simply god. The entire tale of middle earth is a parable of the fight between good and evil, between the devil and god. The temptation of humanity plays a huge role in it.

It should not surprise you one of Tolkiens favourite books was Paradise Lost.
>>
>>77824275
>>An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down!
>>But it is not this day!

I cry errtime
>>
>>77824488
You just described Warcraft
>>
>>77821690
Boromir would have been black.
>>
These movies are truly great.
>>
>>77855663
Supposedly Lee walked out of the theater on its first screening when his part was missing.

I don't get it really. The scene was good, it wasn't long, and it wrapped up the antagonist of the last two movies' story. Really, really strange that they dropped that.
>>
>>77856229
I really dont get that he came back for the Hobbit. They treated his character like shit. Saruman wasnt evil at that point, and presenting him as duplicitous and easily fooled by Gandalf and Galadriel is just cheap. Gandalf adored Saruman and had no reason to treat him that way at that point.
>>
File: finn1.jpg (136 KB, 1024x687) Image search: [Google]
finn1.jpg
136 KB, 1024x687
>Elves
finns, ''fairest of them all''
and the elven language is inspired by finnish.
>>
SLAVS ARE ROHAN

EASTERLINGS ARE OBVIOUSLY MONGOLOID/chink

ANGLO-SAXONS FAR TOO CICKED TOO CARRY THE MANTLE OF ROHAN

KEK
VULT
>>
>>77856676
I wanna wife a finnish girl so I can finnish inside of her and make 4 snowy colgate germans.
>>
Who /absolutelymadonThorinsdeath/ here?
I could have forgiven every stupid addition and special effect in the Hobbit if it wasnt for the deaths of Filli, Killi and Thorin
>Filli and Killi dying over Thorins body so the Goblins wont take him
>Literally the most Epic death in literature available taken straight from Iliad, dying over your friends body to protect his honour
>Reduced to an execution and "real elf luv :"""(("

>Thorin robbed of his retribution
>Book: proud and stubborn Thorin on his death bed asks for Bilbo forgiveness complimenting him and resenting his old ways IN FRONT OF EVERYONE
>Bilbo is lost in the battlefield so he literally waits until they find him and dies right after he settles with him
>Scene copy out of Alexander the Great death story
>Movie: alone in the middle of nowhere, no witnesses on his charachter sift

>This scene left out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F8exmDWvKQ
>>
>>77856824
>leader is asleep at the wheel and lets his entire country get overrun by immigrants, their forces divided due to an (((advisor)))
Rohan sounds like Europe to me, mate. All we need now is a Gandalf to shake the king awake and unite our forces to kick out the invading hordes of Uruks.
>>
>>77856847
>colgate
aquafresh you faggot
>>
>>77856461
>I really dont get that he came back for the Hobbit
He loved Tolkiens work
>>
>>77857148
Aquafresh, I'm a little high right now.
>>
>>77823430
Hobbits are pagans (villager) so this suggests that they're scandinavian, oh and Gandalf is ''Odin''.
>>
>>77857421
Hobbits are literally Irish
>>
>>77857276
All the more reason not to support Tolkiens characters getting butchered.
>>
>>77830245
>Gay people have never had a wife and family and lived double lives.
K
>>
>>77857681
I dont think Saruman was butchered on the Hobbit
Furthermore he was not even in the book
I saw it as an apology to Lee for cutting him out of the RoK
>>
>>77857544
Culturally no, they have pagan traditions fireworks(celebrating new years, ragnarök) that keeps fenrir away from their realm. And who would Gandalf be if not Odin for these scandinavians? Gandalf joins them in War and grants them wisdom.
>>
>>77858186
I see it more as they are presented as isolated farmers that never really took part on any significant conflict and just love drinking and singing
>Stay out of troubles and no trouble shall come to you
>Never have any adventures or do anything unexpected
Hardly Viking material dont you think?
>>
>>77858608
Yes, but bronze age was different well but there were a few tribal fights between goths and svear for example and danes scandinavia wasn't that peaceful at that time.
But irish being the hobbits is a good description too.
>>
>>77821690
It's funny because the Men of Harad are black/middle eastern in Tolkien's novels, and the Easterlings are asian.

Peter Jackson made them both white in the films.
>>
>>77858904
Well Bronze age Celts fit the Hobbit description in general
But there are few "clean" parallels on Tolkien anyway, he liked to mix from many cultures
>>
thanks /pol/ for reminding me to watch them again
>>
>>77858958
Weren't the Haradrim described as dark haired swarthy skinned people?

Comparable to Mediterranean or Steppe cultures?
>>
>>77826159
Is this true?
>>
>>77844203
A FUCKING ROACH
>>
>>77858958
>Easterlings
>Asian
The Easterlings were supposed to represent the Baltic People you fucking idiot.
>Men of Harad
>Black
The Men of Harad or Haradim represented the Arabs and Berbers, you slack-jawed faggot.
>>
>>77840113
>>77841770
That's pretty much how Tolkien intended it to be. The Shire was modeled after the farming communities of pre-industrial England as the author remembered from his childhood.
>>
>>77859754
>Man based on traditional values of duty and honor versus hack that writes about incest, murder and diarrhea
Yes, yes it is.
>>
>>77824707
>Arnor=WRE
>Gondor=ERE
That's...a really interesting analogy, as Arnor died out really soon while Gondor survived, even though it was progressively being weakened
>>
>>77860360
>Orcs tongue is based on Turkish
Holy shit
>>
>>77858018
Saruman at the white council was nothing like he was in the books. He was completely disrespected by Galadriel and Gandalf, which he certainly wouldnt be, 60 years before the war of the ring.

As for not being in the books, the white council is mentioned in the background, and Saruman did attend.
>>
The LOTR films are single handedly responsible for the siphoning of all "nerd" culture.

The start of "I like magic and superheroes so I must be smart!".

Which has led to the watering down of all media since then.
>>
>>77860478
I believe Galadriel is a bit entitled to be condescending(being the oldest being in middle earth and all)
I get your point, but it also hinted that it was never clear when Sarumans treason started
So Saruman being willfully "blind" to the hints cannot be ruled out
But yes Gandalf was too respectful of Saruman to bypass him
>>
>>77860927
>The LOTR films are single handedly responsible for "nerd culture" becoming mainstream
Has the "mainstream culture" destroyed potential good films?
Yes
Do I gladly exchange all the ruined films for the marvel LotR is?
YES
>>
>>77831974
I prefer our own dub tb.h.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD9-A2PfjH0
>>
>>77855079
It's not satire. These people live and breathe and vote.
>>
>>77857768
Except Sam visibly showed his affection for Rosie Cotton at Bilbo's birthday party, and later told Frodo that he regretted not proposing to her, and wishing he was back in the shire so he could marry her and start a family.

Sam was a loyal friend and 100% committed to his duty to guarding Frodo. I'm sick of you degenerates always trying to rewrite male brotherhood as faggotry.
>>
>>77823430
Rhun are Arabs

Harad is Africa
>>
>>77837929
fuck yes, I probably watch the trilogy atleast one time a year.
>>
>>77841014
>9
12 hours and 6 minutes my friend
>>
>>77821690
Pretty sure Frodo would be a nigger despite the author's original description.
>>
>>77861467
I wish Europeans were still this badass.
>>
>>77822639
Paleness is a way old way to broadcast someone being evil than SJWs.
The problem was it being more than 2 movies.
The literally worst scene in the movies was the barrel ride.

Not that the Lotr movies weren't fucked up too.
Fucking Army of the Dead
>>
>>77838708
>There will always be a Baggings under Bag End
>Stay out of trouble and no trouble shall come to you
Perfectly subtle foreshadowing
>>
>>77864994
>Fucking Army of the Dead
Battle scene?
Or introduction scene?
They robbed the Dunedain of their comeback surely
>>
>>77825453
>tfw no scouring of the shire
>>
>>77826626
Didn't Tolkien literally point out in the books that she isn't outstandingly pretty?
>>
Reminder to get the complete recordings of the soundtrack on rutracker.
>>
File: 1356954355161.jpg (20 KB, 250x300) Image search: [Google]
1356954355161.jpg
20 KB, 250x300
>I didn't think it would end this way.

>End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.

>What? Gandalf? See what?

>White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rag_9J1ZC2g
>>
>>77838695
The Revenant is a fucking masterpiece
>>
>>77824275
Shit is same as Battle if Szigeth in our history, except there was no Gandalf to save their butts.
>>
>>77853571
And he literally used old English for the language of the Rohirrim.
That's influence not allegory
>>
File: gollum.jpg (64 KB, 763x537) Image search: [Google]
gollum.jpg
64 KB, 763x537
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6C8SX0mWP0
>That point that even Gollum briefly gets the feels
>>
File: gollum.jpg (56 KB, 723x535) Image search: [Google]
gollum.jpg
56 KB, 723x535
>>77866469
>tfw you remember a glimpse of your old self
>>
>>77860988
I can assure you that both Gandalf and Saruman are older
>>
File: 1427861147588.png (111 KB, 1026x1234) Image search: [Google]
1427861147588.png
111 KB, 1026x1234
>>77866469
> getting genuinely upset at a lot of the news from Europe and the US lately
> you post this fucking scene

you fucker i didn't expect these feels
>>
So, as someone who hates reading and feels like LotR is the best movie (I consider the 12h trilogy one big movie) are the books worth a shot?

I just feel like books are incredibly boring and inferior to movies.
>>
>>77866919
And I think you should kill yourself
>>
File: 1358737401289.png (515 KB, 543x417) Image search: [Google]
1358737401289.png
515 KB, 543x417
>>77866919
I loved the books but if you hate reading you'll probably lose interest pretty quickly

It's comfy general if you do enjoy them though

Just download a pdf of the first one and give it a go
>>
>>77860988
>>77866732

dont forget tom bombadil
>>
File: 1401483417441.jpg (83 KB, 610x366) Image search: [Google]
1401483417441.jpg
83 KB, 610x366
>>77859754
http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/george-r-r-martin-the-rolling-stone-interview-20140423?page=4

>Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to Tolkien, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with. Lord of the Rings had a very medieval philosophy: that if the king was a good man, the land would prosper. We look at real history and it’s not that simple. Tolkien can say that Aragorn became king and reigned for a hundred years, and he was wise and good. But Tolkien doesn’t ask the question: What was Aragorn’s tax policy? Did he maintain a standing army? What did he do in times of flood and famine? And what about all these orcs? By the end of the war, Sauron is gone but all of the orcs aren’t gone – they’re in the mountains. Did Aragorn pursue a policy of systematic genocide and kill them? Even the little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles?

>The war that Tolkien wrote about was a war for the fate of civilization and the future of humanity, and that’s become the template. I’m not sure that it’s a good template, though. The Tolkien model led generations of fantasy writers to produce these endless series of dark lords and their evil minions who are all very ugly and wear black clothes. But the vast majority of wars throughout history are not like that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3110466/Game-Thrones-creator-defends-rape-scenes-Author-says-dishonest-boring-leave-sexual-violence.html

>'But if you’re going to write about war, and you just want to include all the cool battles and heroes killing a lot of orcs and things like that and you don’t portray [sexual violence], then there’s something fundamentally dishonest about that.
>>
>>77867257
> THE MORE SHE DRANK THE MORE SHE SHAT
>>
>>77849371
You right
>>
>>77867208

Oldest and Fatherless
>>
File: Hackson.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Hackson.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>watching The Hobbit
>black nigger hobbits in Laketown for no reason

FUCKING HACKSON
>>
File: 1404884672309.jpg (72 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
1404884672309.jpg
72 KB, 709x765
>>77867406
I'm just happy that LOTR is still too recent for people to do a remake of it

Christ the PC crowd would go to town with it
>>
>>77866785
There there....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdAN0o3oqB8
>>
>no kangz
>leftists will associate the orcs with brown immigrant hordes
therefore the film would be considered white nationalist propaganda. Leftists are so fucking racist themselves
>>
>>77867713
I read the books and watched the extended editions (only saw the theatrical versions) after i moved out of my parent's house

Great timing and it really taught me a lot of lessons on how to keep my head above the water in a big threatening world

> Home is behind, the world ahead,
> And there are many paths to tread
> Through shadows to the edge of night,
> Until the stars are all alight.
>>
>>77866919

If you hate reading you won't make it far since the most boring part of the books by far is right at the beginning. Even for people that love the series the Shire can be a bit of a slog. If you have the patience to gut it out it is rewarding though.
>>
>>77866919
How the hell can you hate reading? Unlike movies they actually make you think and use something you once had called imagination. If the books were made 1:1 to movies they would be at least 100 hour movies.
>>
File: 047 - XAkyt.jpg (81 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
047 - XAkyt.jpg
81 KB, 645x773
>>77853785
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DtLl8F7QJ4
>That fucking music.
>>
File: 1393548451373.gif (8 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1393548451373.gif
8 KB, 645x773
>>77867990
> every fucking time i watch this scene even though i know he's not dead

the fucking music makes it such an incredible scene
>>
>>77823430
Rohan is the British
>>
>>77867967
Well you see, I actually use my imagination all the time.
I just don't want to bring my bias into someone else's vision of a fantasy world, so I'd rather have a 100 hour long movie showing me their fantasy world and characters, rather than seeing things from my own biased perspective .
If I want to see the (or any) world from my viewpoint, guess what, I'm doing that constantly and it's boring..
>>
>>77867990
>>77868163
It is a great scene, but it really is the little things that make it great

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8oVkQzmu70
>That scene at 3:00
>Child actors giving such a performance

How can this movie be so based?
>>
>>77868371
Very meta, Mehmed
>>
File: 1463620128542.jpg (41 KB, 470x345) Image search: [Google]
1463620128542.jpg
41 KB, 470x345
Sometimes I just watch random footage of the Hobbit and pretend like it has yet to come out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8ymgFyzbDo
>>
>>77868371
I really don't see your point
>>
File: 1449679198940.png (421 KB, 520x680) Image search: [Google]
1449679198940.png
421 KB, 520x680
>>77868371
>I just don't want to bring my bias into someone else's vision of a fantasy world
The point of a book is partially you doing just that. If you get really into reading it kinda becomes a movie as you can put your imagination and the authors descriptions to use and create something quite unique to you. If you read the eragon books and then watched the movie you would then kill yourself however as they completely ruined the entire book.
>>
>>77866469
This is easily the best speech from any movie anywhere. I seriously want to see, can any of you find a better speech than this?
>>
>>77868886
Well if you enjoyed the Eragon books you should kill yourself anyway
>>
>>77869017
I did like 12 years ago.
>>
>>77867990
What made this so powerful for me wasn't really the music but the idea that in that moment Frodo was ready to drop it all and leave. He really falls hardest at this point more than any other in the movies, just walks off, not saying anything to anyone, just ready to go home.
>>
>>77865628
Possibly the best talk about death in all of film. Tears.
>>
>>77866469
How could the world go back to the way it was? When so much bad had happened?

Right in the fucking heart.
>>
>>77826159

I think this is because LOTR has both morality and a noble religion and leftists hate both.
>>
>>77821690
The entire main cast would be females and POC while all the villains or people that fucking die will be white men. This is fact.
>>
>>77869611
>I cant... do this... Sam
>>
File: 6s50duQ.jpg (158 KB, 672x960) Image search: [Google]
6s50duQ.jpg
158 KB, 672x960
>>77821690
>The true Lord of the rings.
>>
File: boromir.jpg (28 KB, 500x211) Image search: [Google]
boromir.jpg
28 KB, 500x211
>>77823430
Hobbits = honest rural folk
Gondor = Western Civilizations culmination in decay
Rohan = SAXONS, more meaningfully part of the traditional root of the west, very scandian, very north Germanic
Elves = Angels, literal angels in the world of men helping the west fight its spiritual battles, numerous times are the men saved by elves in the beleriand wars by way of elven banners merely flowing would encourage the men to fight harder. Elves are the ideal western society, its what man should be, its Our Best, though ultimately un-achievable in this life and now forever fading farther from us, we are still driven by it, safeguarded from darkness by it
Mordor = on a map its the middle east, no joke, lay hobbiton on the shire and Gondor near Constantinople then Morder is the Middle East.
But consider that Mordor has the greatest evils, the greatest perversions of Western Culture of Good high Dunedain culture, Black Numenoreans, Nazgul, Greed, a religion of fire and war. Arabs, Muslims.
Haradrim = Arabic in culture but the legitimate peaceful Arabs, still violent and bloodthirsty, but not by their own volition are they driven to war with the West.
Easterlings = same as Haradrim
Lossoth = Inuit or Northern Scandians
Dale = Scandians
Dwarfs = Viking, Nordic, very greedy, power hungry, warrior culture, emphasis on gold, not won by scheming like the ways of Men but won by good trade and honest work (mining)
Numenor = Roman/High Medieval society/Atlantis
Men of Beleriand = Early Middle Ages
Uruks = in terms of ideology, mindless left wing zombies that can work their poisonous thought into any culture, modern leftism is the ideological equivalent to Uruks
Uruk-Hai = Marxism, an ideology bred for a single purpose, to destroy the world of men, not just men in general, but specifically, tradition, remember Rohan is our old primitive tradition, with the respect for nature, bloodline, prowess, honesty.
Goblins = Numales/Feminists
Black Numenoreans = straight up Jews
>>
In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face.
All save one. There waiting, silent and still in the space before the Gate, sat Gandalf upon Shadowfax: Shadowfax who alone among the free horses of the earth endured the terror, unmoving, steadfast as a graven image in Rath Dínen.
"You cannot enter here," said Gandalf, and the huge shadow halted. "Go back to the abyss prepared for you! Go back! Fall into the nothingness that awaits you and your Master. Go!"
The Black Rider flung back his hood, and behold! he had a kingly crown; and yet upon no head visible was it set. The red fires shone between it and the mantled shoulders vast and dark. From a mouth unseen there came a deadly laughter.
"Old fool!" he said. "Old fool! This is my hour. Do you not know Death when you see it? Die now and curse in vain!" And with that he lifted high his sword and flames ran down the blade
>>
>>77865266
The battle scene is all Tolkien hogwash. They never attacked Pelenor fields in the books.
>>
>>77870004
Sorry I meant to say Jackson not Tolkien
>>
>>77869884
>Rohan = SAXONS
>not Western Civilization
Does this reminds you of anything?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6aAh4FvhtI
>>
File: 15414542297_41848c3c08_z.jpg (99 KB, 564x590) Image search: [Google]
15414542297_41848c3c08_z.jpg
99 KB, 564x590
>>77867406
I just hope to god the fat fuck stays the fuck away from the Silmarillion. I can't believe some people actually want it adapted into movies.
>>
File: Beowulf.jpg (50 KB, 950x515) Image search: [Google]
Beowulf.jpg
50 KB, 950x515
>>77870073
Culturally Saxon. In terms of meaning they are tradition, Western tradition, before it became Higher and more civilized.
Honor of the Barbarians, the protect our brothers kind of honor. Emphasis on family and nobility.
Think Beowulf.
>>
>>77870085
He'd get it only over Christopher's corpse
>>
>>77870085
>I can't believe some people actually want it adapted into movies.
I mean, I would want to see that, but I'm not sure if its humanly possible.
>>
>>77823430
Hobbits = Ireland
>>
>>77865628
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>77870073
>your war mongering

It's like he knew.
>>
>>77827296
Names, counties, architecture. armor, music, swords. It's amazing that people don't see it. There is of course a mix, but the movies are extremly obvious.
>>
love the elves the most, but this is realisitcally the best trilogy ever made in the history of movies
>all 3 were great
>Amazing plotline
>Great CGI
>Great loveable characters
>No fucking political agenda pushed by any side, just the classic good vs evil
>No fucking niggers forced upon the film, thank god
>>
>>77870351
I'd want to see it made as a mini-series, but only someday far into the future when the world is free from the Hollywood Jews and the series can be done true justice.
>>
'Do not tempt me! For I do not wish to become like the Dark Lord himself. Yet the way of the Ring to my heart is by pity, pity for weakness and the desire of strength to do good. Do not tempt me! I dare not take it, not even to keep it safe, unused. The wish to wield it would be too great for my strength. I shall have such need of it. Great perils lie before me.'
>>
File: lifeisapathy.jpg (91 KB, 706x720) Image search: [Google]
lifeisapathy.jpg
91 KB, 706x720
>mfw I realize that for most of /po/ LOTR was a childhood movie
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.