[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EuroTopKeks and AmericaHatters keep pretending guns can'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (92 KB, 861x576) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
92 KB, 861x576
EuroTopKeks and AmericaHatters keep pretending guns can't stop terrorism even on this board. Let's have a look at history and see what happened when civilians were carrying guns at terrorist attack sites.
>http://www.wnd.com/2015/06/hero-of-1993-church-attack-calls-for-being-armed/
>http://www.sahistory.org.za/archive/trc-reports-st-james-church-massacre-video
>Van Wyk was in the congregation in Cape Town, South Africa, in 1993 when terrorists burst into St. James Church loaded up with shrapnel-coated grenades and automatic weapons and attacked.
>Eleven people were killed almost immediately in the congregation of about 1,000. But Van Wyk, sitting only a few rows from the back, pulled out his snub-nose .38 revolver and fired two shots at the attackers.
>One of the terrorists, who later admitted their intention was to kill as many as they could, was hit, but Van Wyk didn’t realize that until later, because he quickly withdrew from the building and circled around back, trying to get behind the terrorists.
>But they already were in a vehicle fleeing.
At least 3 attackers with AK-47s and grenades, and their attack was halted by one man with a pistol that has less punch than a 9mm, saving countless lives.

But wait, there's more.
>>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercaz_HaRav_massacre

>The Mercaz HaRav massacre, also called the Mercaz HaRav shooting, was an attack that occurred on 6 March 2008, in which a lone Palestinian gunman shot multiple students at the Mercaz HaRav yeshiva, a religious school in Jerusalem, Israel, after which the gunman himself was shot dead. Eight students and the perpetrator were killed. Eleven more were wounded, five of them placed in serious to critical condition.[4][5][6]
>The attack began at 8:36 p.m. local time and ended about twenty minutes later. According to survivor Mijael Mendelson, the attack lasted about 14 minutes. Mendelson reports he saw the time before the shooting started and shortly after knowing the gunman was dead.[1] The attacker was stopped by long-time Mercaz HaRav student Yitzchak Dadon and off-duty Israel Defense Forces Captain David Shapira who fought back using their personal firearms.

Two guys with handguns stopped a terrorist with an automatic AK-47, this time by shooting him dead instead of disrupting his plan and causing him to panic.
>>
We'll use the Israelis yet again because they have a lot of these stories.
>http://www.nbcnews.com/id/29525131/
>a terrorist in Israel used a construction vehicle to ram a bus and a police car, injuring multiple people. The police car was then flipped over by the terrorist, who proceeded to try and crush car with the construction vehicle’s front shovel. Luckily, an armed taxi driver was able to draw his pistol and fire four shots, which wounded the terrorist before he could kill the cops. A police officer later appeared and fatally shot the terrorist with an M-16.

And here we have a terrorist using an alternative means of attack where, wonder of wonders, a handgun was enough to injure him sufficiently that the attack was over.
>>
Oops! More Israelis. "But OP what if it's a knife you can't use a gun up close in melee I've seen movies" = here, have a movie.

>http://controversialtimes.com/news/caught-on-camera-armed-citizen-shoots-terrorist-ends-attack-video/
>When a Palestinian terrorist did what Palestinian terrorists do (go batshit crazy), his rampage was stopped by a good guy with a gun. And it was caught on multiple cameras.
>Before police or the Army could arrive. And before anyone could get hurt.
>The terrorist in question plowed his car into several Orthodox Jews waiting at a bus stop in Jerusalem before jumping out with a meat cleaver and attacking others.
>Less than 20 seconds after he struck the first victim, an armed citizen enters the frame and opens fire, repeatedly striking the terrorist.
>>
Now on to Africa!

>http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/citizens-carrying-first-responders-in-kenya/
>http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/02/world/africa/during-siege-at-kenyan-mall-government-forces-seemed-slow-to-respond.html?emc=eta1&_r=1&
>When two teams of cowardly, Muslim extremist terrorists stormed the Westgate shopping mall in Nairobi, Kenya, last month, police and government forces were slow to respond, but local gun owners were not. Kenya has very strict gun laws, banning most semi-auto rifles and tightly restricting possession of handguns, but, like New York City, those with the right connections, enough money and who are persistent enough can own, and even carry, personal defense handguns. One such concealed carry license holder was standing in line at a bank in the mall when the shooting started. A New York Times story from Sept. 26 reported that the man, identified as Raju, immediately sent out an urgent text message to friends in his shooting club. The story then says that shooting club members, neighborhood watch volunteers (like George Zimmerman?) and “plainclothes police officers” rushed to the mall and gave the terrorists something to worry about while they helped people trying to get out of the besieged buildings.

Funny how quickly this thing gets buried by the media. Anyone notice how in one of the links in the OP, they conveniently didn't mention Van Wyk at all?
>>
Keep in mind that if we want to discuss non-terrorist instances where mass shootings were stopped by civilians with guns, we have a VERY large pool to draw from.

But most of the denials I've seen have been
>but multiple terrorists
>but only 9mm
>but automatic rifles
>but explosives
>but you'll be a target
Guess what? Historically, fighting back has a far more effective chance at securing your survival than cowering there like a sheep for slaughter could ever give you.
>>
>>55867247
It comes down to people not trusting other people.
Kinda sad really.
It's like my gatchaman crowds all over again.
>>
good compilation but it will take a lot more to change the minds of these c ucked yuropoors swimming in a pool of denial
>>
>>55867406
I'm not sure how much else a person can really ask for to be convinced. Terrorists, and lone-wolf spree shooters especially, normally pick sites that are "gun-free" precisely so that nobody can shoot back.

Last year in America, 29 of the past 30 mass shootings were in gun-free zones. I believe, but am not 100% positive, that that number is now 31 out of the past 32 times. Additionally, almost all of those lone-wolf gunmen were on or recently off of prescription mind-altering drugs.
>>
>>55867406
You can red pill the citizens all you want, the authorities will never cave.

Which is crazy, civilians have fought before. Or maybe it's exactly what they don't want.
>>
>>55865118
Excellent thread OP!
>>
>>55867611
>30 mass shootings
those sound a bit high, are you using skewed numbers m8?
>>
>>55867626
Of course it's what they don't want. A disarmed, violence-fearing populace is a populace easy to control. If they can control you, they are safe to do whatever they want to you.

>inb4 "you can't fight the military, they have tanks and planes and stuff!"
>because that worked so well for us over in Iraq and Afghanistan
>because that worked so well for Quiddafi

You want a link as to why even a western government fears upsetting its citizens when they have guns? Here:
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_%281946%29

>The Battle of Athens (sometimes called the McMinn County War) was a rebellion led by citizens in Athens and Etowah, Tennessee, United States, against the local government in August 1946. The citizens, including some World War II veterans, accused the local officials of political corruption and voter intimidation.
>Aftermath: The recovered ballots certified the election of the five GI Non-Partisan League candidates.[10] Among the reforms instituted was a change in the method of payment and a $5,000 salary cap for officials. In the initial momentum of victory, gambling houses in collusion with the Cantrell regime were raided and their operations demolished. Deputies of the prior administration resigned and were replaced.[10]
>>
>>55868084
Not at all, my friend. The numbers seem high because we go back a very far ways in history.

>http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/opinion/freepress/story/2013/mar/23/gun-free-zones-dont-work/103205/
>John Lott, an economist and gun rights advocate who authored the book "More Guns, Less Crime," recently examined mass shootings. He discovered that: "With just one single exception, the attack on congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson in 2011, every public shooting since at least 1950 in the U.S. in which more than three people have been killed has taken place where citizens are not allowed to carry guns."

>http://www.ammoland.com/2013/04/every-mass-shooting-in-the-last-20-years-shares-psychotropic-drugs/
Meanwhile, here's a list of what all these mass shooters had been taking prior to going on a killing spree.
>>
>>55868485
if you are going to use stats from decades back don't say

>>55867611
>Last year in America, 29 of the past 30 mass shootings were in gun-free zones

that sounds like 30 mass shootings happened last year.
>>
>>55868212
I'm starting to understand why some Americans don't want people messing with their guns.

The thing is, you always hear people talking about home protecting, and how bad guys gonna have guns anyways, it's like they don't even know why they have the right to have guns.
>>
Glocks are ugly as shit
>>
>>55868607
You're right, that was quite poorly worded on my part now that I reread it. Sorry to any who got the wrong impression, when what I'd meant to say was "As of last year", because that was when I saw the statistic and references I mentioned. The US certainly hasn't had 30 mass shootings in a year.
>>
File - Save Page As...
>>
>>55868699
Jacques are ugly as shit
>>
Never really liked the anti-gun people who push for banning legally owned guns. The only people these restrictions hurt are the law-abiding people, and I'm pretty sure the French terrorists used hardware that's illegal in the first place. When an attack occurs, who do the people run to? The police who have guns.

Would be better to just cut the middleman and give everyone a fair chance to defend themselves. The police are always minutes away.
>>
>>55868844
He's right though, they genuinely look like toys.
>>
>>55868699
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Croissant.
>>
>>55868688
It's because most people don't ever expect to use it for more than home defense at the most, and rightfully so--American society is based around the principal that problems should be tackled at the soapbox and ballot box and jury box level whenever possible, with the ammo box only as the option of last resort. It's far more likely that you'd need to repel a home invasion than oust a government official by force.

But the primary reason we have the 2nd Amendment, from the writings of the men who put it into the Constitution, is to make sure rebellion against a tyrannical government is readily possible. It's one more of those checks-and-balances.
>>
File: My Glock19.jpg (3 MB, 3911x2600) Image search: [Google]
My Glock19.jpg
3 MB, 3911x2600
>>55868992
>opinions
>>
>>55869108
I actually like that, an actually thought out reminder by your founding fathers that the people is boss.

Now what I don't understand is why some people want to take that away. I mean people are crazy, sure, but in this case I'm not sure the benefits would outweigh the cost.
>>
File: coltROYALblue1300670094.jpg (100 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
coltROYALblue1300670094.jpg
100 KB, 640x480
>>55868699
>>55868992

Here, have a pretty gun. Glocks are fantastic as a self-defense handgun though, they and H&K are arguably the most reliable handguns on the market--THE single most important factor when choosing a defensive firearm.
>>
>>55869577
Still looks like plastic though.

I have no clue what it's worth as a defense or attack weapon, but guns like the stainless steel berettas look like actual weapons.
>>
>>55869564
>Now what I don't understand is why some people want to take that away.

The government we would eventually be shooting at pushes policies which cause gun violence and then spam our education system with anti constitution propaganda.

They are losing ground at the moment though so that's good, the internet has really been helping with showing their propaganda for what it is.
>>
>>55865118
Why do you care so much about the gun laws of other places? In the same way that you guys say that gun control won't work in your country, having everyone European armed with a gun won't work.
>>
>>55869564
This is just my personal opinion, but I think there's a number of reasons.

>Progressive/left-wing/liberal politicians see it as a threat to a more controlling, centralized government.
>A number of people have no personal exposure to guns, short of what Hollywood or the media shows them. Quite a few of these people change their minds quickly if taken on a fun trip to the shooting range. /k/ has stories like this by the bookful.
>A number of people think you can legislate safety, that the government/police can and will protect them. For some of them, responsibility is scary--if you are careless or foolish with guns a person can die and having that kind of potential in their hands frightens them. (They don't apply this to cars, oddly enough.)
>Others see it as just a part of the Republican platform and assume it must be bad
>Some others have had a bad personal experience with a gun, due to misuse by themselves or another close to them

But that's just from what I've seen watching gun politics in the US. Give me a moment, I'll give you some material as far as what you can do in France.
>>
Several nations sending in armies of men with guns sure as fuck didn't stop terrorists in France. Prove me wrong over all those dead soldiers

Gun nut status: BTFO
>>
>>55865118
thanks OP.

too bad the faggots and shills will never understand.
>>
>>55870046
>Why do you care so much about the gun laws of other places? In the same way that you guys say that gun control won't work in your country, having everyone European armed with a gun won't work.

Well, this thread was mostly a response to another thread about firearms use in preventing terrorist attacks where a lot of people from regulation-heavy countries were insisting that a 9mm handgun would be useless in stopping something like the attacks in Paris.

Something nice is that you don't need everyone armed with a gun--even a small percentage of citizens who do are able to act as protection for their fellows. You can make the standards high, in fact this is recommended. In American states/cities where concealed carry is freely practiced, the crime rate noticably drops, and more to the point your chance of having someone in the right place to stop a terrorist rises dramatically with every small percentage increase.

Part of the reason I care is that if the US does somehow ban firearms, it would be nice if there was somewhere else in the world where citizens are not barred an effective means of self defense. And part of it is a desire to see the next terrorist who tries something like this to get a 1400fps lead injection and stop far earlier than planned.
>>
>>55870210
>Give me a moment, I'll give you some material as far as what you can do in France

Thanks mate I'd appreciate.
>>
File: Frog gun laws.png (228 KB, 632x2705) Image search: [Google]
Frog gun laws.png
228 KB, 632x2705
Here's the French gun resources I mentioned. Pic related, and a pair of links.

Blackpowder weapons suitable for carry (which can be purchased without having to join a club or be licensed), and how it's legal to carry them out in public if you are dressed as a re-enactor.
>http://desustorage.org/k/thread/27884511/

Other options: modern discreet pistols and how to carry them in France without being noticed, and one allegedly French-law-expert anon describing how if you have no previous record you'll get a slap on the wrist (but you guys don't have stop and frisk anyways apparently).
>http://desustorage.org/k/thread/27886738/

Paris and Normandy were beautiful, anon. Please stay safe.
>>
>>55871113
I should mention, that a little .22lr pocket pistol that's on you everywhere you go is better than having a heavy machine gun sitting at home should terrorists attack the cinema you're in. (Unless terrorists attack your house, and that's a pretty rare thing to happen outside the Middle East! Unless we count Communist terrorists in the past but even then odds are low.)

/k/ is almost always happy to help someone new to guns if you want to proceed down this road and have any questions. It's understandable that you might worry about the law, but there's a difference between legally right and morally right. I've carried in a university that was legal by state standards, but would have seen me expelled. Never got caught in the two years of doing it.
>>
>>55871113
Thanks ameribro.
Those blackpowder guns look like it would be pretty easy to accidentally shoots your balls off.
How much does a decent handgun cost in America?

>but you guys don't have stop and frisk anyways apparently

Yeah we do. I've been frisked myself maybe a couple times as far as I can remember. With the state of emergency they might be frisking some more though.
>>
>>55871898
>How much does a decent handgun cost in America?
$300 for a russian/comblock surplus makarov or variant

$500 and up for a new production import or domestic
>>
>>55871898
A key point to the safe use of any firearm is practice. Fortunately, dry fire (shooting an unloaded gun) is effective, and there are a number of other training aids. You will want to practice for quite a few hours to be effective--fortunately most of us find it fun, especially when shooting actual rounds through the gun.

The blackpowder guns are typically carried with the first round empty for safety, though at least one model has a notch you set the hammer down on so that it sits between the rounds.

I've seen quality handguns, that I would be comfortable carrying, as low as $200 in America (a pink colored Ruger LCP, in .380, that was on sale for not selling well). There are reliable 9mm pistols as low as $170--they make a Glock look beautiful, have a mushy trigger, are bulky and feel cheap, but they work safely. Factory production pistols can go up to $800-1100 for certain H&K models; Glocks are typically around $500. 1911s and some revolvers can command far higher prices for high-end builds and/or custom work. Price for a lot of guns depends on if it's bought in a brick-and-mortar or online (and shipped to a licensed firearms dealer, who will charge a small fee for doing the paperwork). Online's cheaper.

If stop and frisk is a thing, that makes carrying a far riskier prospect legally; if you're being felt up there's not a lot you can do to keep a gun hidden, though there are a FEW things you can do like disguised holsters that look like cell phone cases.
>>
File: gilbert.jpg (76 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
gilbert.jpg
76 KB, 850x400
>>55872014
That's an expensive duty.
>>
>>55872609

Why buy a gun when you can buy the new iPhone, a PS4, or a new laptop?
>>
>>55872539
>there are a FEW things you can do like disguised holsters that look like cell phone cases

The first thing they ask is to empty your pocket. Might be difficult to explain why I have another cellphone strapped to my back.

I'm moving out of Paris soon, but if those attacks become a thing I might consider it.
>>
>>55870210

Don't forget the people who hop on the 'I haet guns' bandwagon to get social credit with left-wingers, as well as uneducated progressives in general.
>>
>>55872609
For guns in general you can find a used rifle or shotgun for under $100 if you look hard enough. Ammunition ranges between $0.10 a round for cheap .22lr, $0.30 a round for most defensive pistol ammo and AR-15/AK-47 ammunition, and $5+ for large expensive match-grade rounds used by long-range rifles. Traditionally, weapons were passed down through the men of the family, so it wasn't something everyone had to buy since you could probably inherit one or more.

>>55872855
Guns are a lot of fun to shoot at the range, and I have more enjoyment from doing that than from having a smartphone (I switched back to a very basic cell phone) or other electronics. There's also the fact that a PS4 won't let me effectively defend myself, the 12-year old gamers headshot me too quickly.
>>
>>55872993
You're probably right, I'm just spitballing suggestions at this point. Cops have cues that can indicate a gun, which can be fooled especially with a smaller gun and the right kind of holster, but I'd have to ask /k/ if anyone there knows of how to get a gun past a frisk.
>other than the inevitable "hide it in your ass" that will surely get suggested by them

They don't do them where I live so it's not something I've a lot of experience with. Sorry. And the re-enactor option is not exactly ideal either, unless you are extremely brave about your public appearance.
>>
>>55873087
That's kind of what I was thinking of with
>Others see it as just a part of the Republican platform and assume it must be bad
But you articulated it better.

>>55872993
>but if those attacks become a thing I might consider it.
It's your choice what to do, and it's not quite as easy as the threads I was in on /k/ were making it out to be, with the frisking. But do keep in mind that probably the worst thing a guy can think when something of that nature is happening is
>I wish I had that gun with me right now

Here's hoping the next such incident (sadly, I believe there will be more) ends with an alert police force ventilating the assholes.
>>
Where was this thread 3 days ago.

I could have used this shit in my paper.
>>
>>55874229
Did you write something, anon?
>>
>>55874229
Should have stopped by /k/, anon, I'd have helped. I'm only here thanks to Paris, and the annoyance of seeing a massive thread full of people spouting commonly held myths, instead of seeking examples of what has actually happened when people pull a gun on a terrorist, got me to make this one for you all.

That said it looks like another thread with much of the same incorrect talking points is already taking off.
>>
>>55865118
Guns can't stop terrorism you autistic burger.

You have to deport or kill these people on an industrial scale for it to stop i.e. more than what you could possibly manage with firearms.

Detroit is filled with guns and niggers continue to kill each other and everyone else there every day.

You just don't fucking get it, and no i'm not antigun, I likely shoot and own more firearms than yourself.
>>
>>55873794
>an alert police force ventilating the assholes

There's quite some wishful thinking. I was walking around my neighborhood yesterday and I didn't see any military or even cops.
Walking past bars full of people thinking how easy it would be for a terrorist to make some kills. When it happens again, there's gonna be a lot of dead people before the police even gets the call.

>I wish I had that gun with me right now
I hear you, but I'd rather not end up in jail just yet.
What worries me for now is the climate summit.
>>
>>55874289

I had a project for my TX and local gov class, wrote a 5 page paper about guns on college campuses and what Texas is doing about it.

Pretty much outlined that mentally ill people are firing on vulnerable targets because they know they'll get media attention. I mentioned several well known shooters had their mental issues completely ignored until it was too late.

Texas passed a bill allowing guns on campus and will allow private universities to opt out and make rules bla bla.

I then cleared dismantled bullshit arguments people have against the carry bill such as the college kids are gonna run around with their guns at parties or whatever the fuck. I mentioned that the age of 21 will ensure a more mature group of students applying for CHL and that the instructors are military and law enforcement and will weed out those they deem unfit.
>>
>>55874529
I honestly didn't make a thread straight up stating my situation and asking for citations because I figured I would have been mocked for not already knowing and thus wasting more time I could have used to work on the paper.

>>55874289
>>55874229

(I want to take this time to say how fucking CHILDISH and naive some of the responses from professors were to the bill getting passed. They were legitimately worried about talking to students about failing grades because they might have a gun. WHAT THE FUCK!? As opposed to the laundry list of other legal weapons they could be carrying literally at any other time? And what about the presence of a firearm makes people violent? If that happens, it's either intrusive thoughts using evolution to scare people into safety or people with legitimate mental health issues that should have been picked up on before). Anyways, I digress.

Then I cited several instances of people being idiots (such as morons shooting at each other while wearing vests) and delineated their separation from standard gun culture that holds safety as paramount and cited students firing on Charles Whitman and conceal carriers smartly avoiding friendly fire during the Oregon shooting.

In the personal opinion section I declared the importance of the 2A from a national defense standpoint to the importance of the American culture of self reliance and that the erosion of that will aid in the decline of the nation.

What I really needed to tie it all together was a tidal wave of citations of people shooting the fuck out of terrorists.
>>
>>55865118
>>55867626
They've all been fed the media narrative.
There's over a hundred thousand defensive firearms actions in the US every year. This stuff doesn't make the news.
>>
>>55874576
>Guns can't stop terrorism you autistic burger.
You know, while arguably this is incorrect due to the Spanish use of firearm-driven genocide against Muslim terrorists in the Phillipines, I think it's more correct of me to say that my original statement should be amended to "Guns can stop terrorist attacks" rather than "guns can stop terrorism". Now we don't need to argue over semantics.
>You have to deport or kill these people on an industrial scale for it to stop i.e. more than what you could possibly manage with firearms.
Fear and rewards can be used just as well to cull a population when used properly--see the British in India. As for your killing people on an industrial scale thought, well the Nazis did use guns to kill Jews, so that shouldn't really be part of the argument either.
>Detroit is filled with guns and niggers continue to kill each other and everyone else there every day.
That's not terrorism, so it's irrelevant.
>You just don't fucking get it, and no i'm not antigun, I likely shoot and own more firearms than yourself.
I don't see how this is relevant either, but you seem very distressed. We can talk about this calmly friend, no one is attacking you here.
>>55874781
>There's quite some wishful thinking.
Sadly you're correct.
>>
>>55874995
>>55875059
Good on ya. Spree shooters specifically recognize gun-free zones are vulnerable to preemptive attack. I'm positive it'll deter many would-be school shooters in Texas.
>>
>listening to morning britbong radio
>'how do we stop people from attacking before anything happens?'

let people defend themselves you fucking eejits

>'this is an example that we are a victim of our own freedom'

The fucking rhetoric is killing me. The BBC is using this event to try and sell the suspension of civil liberties in fucking bongland.

Most of us don't even have civil liberties in the first place unless you want to live with 'racist misogynist bigot' plastered on your back
>>
>>55875279

Yeah I'm looking to transfer to UT for Biomed so I'm definitely gonna carry when it get's signed into law.
>>
>>55875059
/k/ doesn't like writing people's papers for them but if you'd asked whether guns had ever been used to stop terrorists you would likely have a longer list than what I'd just compiled.

As far as scared professors, that's just ignorance and rather insulting to the student body as well. I hate linking to an advocacy site rather than one without bias but as this one is well-cited with its sources and even uses Texas as its case study, here: http://www.gunfacts.info/gun-control-myths/concealed-carry/

A little bit down the page you'll see that concealed carry holders commit a lot fewer crimes than the average citizen--it's typically the responsible people getting them and we're as a rule very cautious about doing something dumb that might get them revoked.
>>
>>55875345
Sorry Britain, but nothing made me nearly so happy in recent years as when CNN told Tears Morgan that "You Have To Go Back", and he finally quit spewing his pro-government anti-gun hot air on American televisions.

It's rather tragic because your violent crime numbers per capita, last I checked, are actually around what ours are, your criminals just use knives and blunt objects instead. Meanwhile the poor truck driver who bought a taser in France to keep the migrants from pulling him out of his truck almost gets 5 years of jail for it, and loses his job.
>>
>>55875966

Yeah, shit fucking sucks. I hope Piers gets fired soon, even the libkeks over here hate his guts.
>>
>>55865118
Yet, through some strange wizardry and magic, nations with strict gun-laws also have (usually a LOT) lower crime and murder rates.

Sure, you might be able to stop a terrorist in his tracks, but at the cost of turning turning your country into a wild-west where you have to be afraid of everyone potentially being armed to kill.
>>
File: Gun Control in depth.jpg (594 KB, 1029x4529) Image search: [Google]
Gun Control in depth.jpg
594 KB, 1029x4529
>>55876534
I can see how that would seem the logical thing to happen. Actually there's no correlation between high amounts of guns and high amounts of crime and murder. I have some infographics with citations that can explain this faster than if I typed it, here's the first.

Crime and murder, by the way, seem to stem more from non-homogenous cultures (see: Japan and Switzerland both having incredibly low rates of crime and murder despite Japan having nearly no guns and Switzerland having guns everywhere) and poverty.
>>
>>55876534
>wild-west
Well, the myth is still real in some peoples heads.
>>
File: homicide-rates2.jpg (128 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
homicide-rates2.jpg
128 KB, 600x375
>>55877173
>>55876993
The funny thing about the "Wild West" was that it was actually a time of particularly low crime in American history. Sorry, but the classic Spaghetti Westerns we all know and love are about as accurate about how many gunfights there are as the film Martian is about how many people we've sent to the red planet.
>>
File: Protection_Method_Success.jpg (255 KB, 1200x854) Image search: [Google]
Protection_Method_Success.jpg
255 KB, 1200x854
>>55877380
>>55876534
And the reason for this? Just what you said.
>you have to be afraid of everyone potentially being armed to kill
If you're the average citizen who doesn't bother people and isn't committing crimes, you have nothing to worry about.

If you're a criminal, you have a lot to worry about. Criminals don't want risk, they want your money (or your body, or your suffering, or sometimes just to kill you). They're predators, not warriors or thrillseekers. When the odds of them getting ventilated for sticking someone up get higher, they start looking for other ways to make a quick buck that don't involve a potential early grave (not to say these new ways will be legal). That's a reason Chicago and Washington DC, which banned the carry of guns unlike the areas around them, had drastically higher crime rates compared to those areas and compared to other large cities in America. The reverse of that spectrum is a little town in Georgia that mandated all its citizens to own at least one gun per household, and enjoys a drastically lower amount of crime than everywhere surrounding it.

Guns aren't inherently good. Guns in the hands of good people are a good thing, it keeps them safe from bad people.
>>
>>55875238
culling a population is meaningless when they have an IQ of 80 and are mixing with your own.

I don't think you get it, this isn't just a "cultural" problem but a race problem.

you're allowing literal subhumans who have accomplished absolutely nothing in the last 500 years to to mix into the dying european genome.
>>
>>55877853
I don't know why I wrote cull there other than that it's getting late. I meant to say pacify.

Racial demographic changes aren't really part of the scope of this thread. I'd be happy to discuss how sad it is that we'll likely soon be unable to distinguish between Europeans of various ethnicities in a different thread but I don't really think it relates to the terrorism issue in the way you're trying to say. That ties more into a lack of societal integration by immigrants than intermarrying in with the local population.
>>
Well /pol/ I hope enough of you found this useful or enlightening. I'm calling it a night unless anyone has anything else in the next few minutes.
>>
>>55869873
That's just a really clean blued steel, it's not as durable as parkerized steel like on a beretta but it looks nicer. The answer is it's a great weapon the 1911 has been liberating minds for over 100 years now and it won 2 world wars
>>
>>55869873
Oh my bad you were referencing polymer pistols. Injection molded polymer is ridiculously durable. H&K makes the best handguns in the world and they use polymer. Berettas are kind of out dated design wise.
>>
>>55865118
What about Draw Mohammed day?

>people in Texas get together to draw the pig-fucking muslim
>akbars crash the scene
>everyone draws and fires in one free salvo
>no more akbar

This is always the point I make when I say I want my CC permit (E type weapons permit in CZ)
>>
>>55879112
Keep fighting the good fight.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.