[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does any one think there is more too the US led push to reduce
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: Saudi Arabia.png (310 KB, 474x292) Image search: [Google]
Saudi Arabia.png
310 KB, 474x292
Does any one think there is more too the US led push to reduce fossil fuel use more specifically oil use?

I am drawn to this conclusion because Obama has done little to prevent US Fracking boom yet he has pushed alternative energy to tackle climate change, these ideas aren't compatible.

But this ideological disharmony would make more sense to me, if the objective was to financially weaken Saudi Arabia and the smaller Gulf states who are known financial backers of Sunni terrorist groups.

Can we discuss this theory and postulate what would happen If the US continues fracking and reduses it's use on oil. Would the flow of money from the gulf states be finally cut off?
>>
Why can't we frack other people's countries? We really shouldn't be destroying our own back yard like this.
>>
Since the oil price has crashed ''Saudi Arabia has already burned through almost $62 billion of its foreign currency reserves this year, and borrowed $4 billion from local banks in July -- its first bond issue since 2007.
Its budget deficit is expected to reach 20% of GDP in 2015. That's extraordinarily high for a country used to running surpluses.''
>>
>>55725605

No you're spot on OP.

Honestly it's hilarious because we have oil here through fracking and the keystone pipeline, all sorts of ways to get oil... Yet everyone insists we're fighting these wars for oil.

What's easier? What's CHEAPER? Passing a few acts of Congress or going through endless wars? I think the push for "green" energy is just actual pushing for non-dependence on oil from the middle east but it's retarded because you could just say "Lets use our own oil" and be done with it.

Another Anon pointed out how Isreal holds most of the pipelines in the area so that's why they have us by the balls too.
>>
>>55725605
>>55725605
except he doesn't want the Keystone Pipeline either, or drilling for our own oil

probably lets fracking go since its' an easier enemy to have around
>>
>>55726233
to be fair, the key is not to use your own oil. you want reserves in case shit goes down, and less oil for the Arabs ends up being a good thing
>>
>>55725605
the alternative energy stuff is just PR, it is not viable and insignificant for the economy.

Seizing control of oil fields in Iraq isn't only to have easy access to oil yourself (if there were issues with fracing, for instance) it also gives the United States power since they can arbitrage the sale. For example, ISIS gets lots of revenue from selling oil to turkey, some power was lost there.
>>
>>55726457
That's another thing I don't get if we suddenly all use clean energy in the future what happens to the strategic oil reserves?

Do we still maintain them?
Do we surrender oil for sole use of the government's defence department?

I just feel there is more too this.
>>
File: Promised-Land-Poster.jpg (481 KB, 980x649) Image search: [Google]
Promised-Land-Poster.jpg
481 KB, 980x649
Fracking has been attacked by the UAE goverment media who produced Promised land the anti fracking movie.
>>
The Iran deal would also remove restrictions on Iran's oil production putting even more pressure on the gulf states revenue.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.