[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which paper do I havo to use?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /po/ - Papercraft & Origami

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 11210-0069-2-2ww-m.jpg (23 KB, 300x183) Image search: [Google]
11210-0069-2-2ww-m.jpg
23 KB, 300x183
Which paper do I have to use to fold complex models. I'm talking about a paper of 40x40cm. Where can I buy it? For example for this model https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMRzP1R8ets
I've heard about unryu paper
>>
File: wallpaper paste.jpg (9 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper paste.jpg
9 KB, 194x259
I recommend you:
1. do your own paper using two layers sticked with mc (methylceluloce). I use wallpaper glue is has mc more anti bacterial stuff. The paper to use is seda paper pretty common some brands are better than other.
2. visit nicolas terry page www.origami-shop.com
3. If you have luck (no luck here) you can buy wrapping paper is awesome and cheap. In my country they sold it only 1000 sheets :(
4. If the models is an insect you must do sandwith paper one layer of seda paper, aluminium, one layer of seda paper. I recommend you use spary glue.
5. You could buy expensive paper origamido or o-gami paper, they are the best i haven't had the oportunity of buy it.
>>
>>534786
Thank you very much for your attention! I may try to make my own. Is it hard?
>>
>>534788

Depends on what paper you want to make. I make tissue foil for myself (number 4 on previous anon's list), and as long as you have a proper method and aren't careless it's really easy. There are videos online that can help you more (just look up making tissue foil).

I believe the model you linked to would use two tissue bonded together without foil. It's a little harder than binding tissue to foil, but not that much.

Actually making your own paper altogether is much harder. I've never tried it, and it isn't on the previous anon's list. The most refined lessons in this cost hundreds. You'd need a larger basin or receptacle for water, a screen that you would have for a screen door, and paper pulp/wood fiber. There are more instructions for this method online as well.

I'd say kraft paper and tissue foil are your best bet. Kraft paper might be what the anon meant by wrapping paper, but if not I would no recommend wrapping paper you'd find in stores, it is a nightmare to work with.
>>
>>534803
Thanks a lot. I will try to make my own with two tissue without foil. I prefer foil than kaft i guess
>>
Thai Unryu paper is one of the best for very complex models, i found it less costly and MUCH stronger than anything on Origami shop. Easier to shape after as well. Mulberry paper and more is a website you can buy from, its a couple bux a sheet but the sheets are very very large, and u can cut a 50cm sq and a 30-40 sq piece out of one page. I tend to treat it with MC before i cut as well. It's the paper I used to finally make a decent Satoshi Dragon, etc.
>>
>>534810
It's cheaper than origami shop, but I find it quite expensive. I'll try to find some paper in a bookshop near and make my own as >>534788 said
>>
A bit off-topic, but can anyone of you tell me where can I purchase tissue paper in Japan?
I found many other kind of papers (well, it's Japan...), but never managed to see simple tissue paper.
>>
>>534848
No need, just get some tissue-weight kozoshi or gampishi, and size it with some MC on a mirror/glass pane/acrylic sheet. You don't even need the double layer, since the Japanese papers are so strong.
>>
>>535332
Thanks, I'll try to find those.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.